• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
lol that's how we get lots of people to come to the tournament Dieslow.. We plan them far in advance ;)
Well if that's not an earwick combo, I just don't know what is.

I wouldn't really expect much of an AZ turnout. Only like four of us are -really- motivated to play the game enough to travel.
4 is a crew. Yaba-daba-dooo!!!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
BC vs World is the best crew idea I've heard so far. But BC can split into multiple sexy crews so meh, still sooooo far away.

GAWR

lol yabadabedoooooo
Slogan for BC Plays Melee... CHECK

jkz

Metà

Smash Master
Ok, this is MOST LIKELY going to be held at SFU Burnaby again, but NOT in the same place as I usually hold it. I'll be booking two rooms probably, and it'll be near another one of the bus stops.

The two dates I'm looking at right now are May 8/9 and 15/16. Are either of these dates a problem for anyone? Speak up now before I confirm it 100%.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
on the confirmed to go list we got

ThatOneDudeski
Daemonfang
Rina-Chan (when she comes down there, we're all referring to her as DaT ***, just to make her feel awkward, k? lol)
Xanskar
Z-row
OhGodX
OrryWatts
Some random extra driver

anyone else not in this roster from alaska is on their own accord... everyones still pretty hyped for this...
Rina-Chan as in voice actor Rina-Chan? That's one more autograph I gotta add to my inventory.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Is there any information on housing? I'd like to save myself quite a bit of money by not having to pay for a hotel.

Actually I don't think any of the AZ crew can legally pay for a hotel, since you need to be 21, and I'm the oldest at 20.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
it's 19 in bc right?
I wouldn't know since this is my first trip up there. Most places down in the states won't rent out rooms to people under 21.

Regardless, I'd like to save myself 100$ by not having to pay for a hotel ticket, if someone could house AZ.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ok, this is MOST LIKELY going to be held at SFU Burnaby again, but NOT in the same place as I usually hold it. I'll be booking two rooms probably, and it'll be near another one of the bus stops.

The two dates I'm looking at right now are May 8/9 and 15/16. Are either of these dates a problem for anyone? Speak up now before I confirm it 100%.
The majority of the people that posted in this thread mentioning anything about a 'date' said they'd prefer later in May. So essentially the later in the month, the better.
(I just skimmed through some pages to make sure my memory on those proportions was accurate)

The 15th/16th seems it would be ideal between the 2 dates you've given. Later was asked for as well, though no earlier, as only dates LATE May were asked for so far. I don't think anyone asked for early May and I know a few people specifically said to not have it on the 8th/9th.

Search the previous pages for details if you want, but that's what I found.

For me though, they're both fine.
Though 15/16 would be nice as I would get more time to play before the tourney. LOL

Is there any information on housing? I'd like to save myself quite a bit of money by not having to pay for a hotel.

Actually I don't think any of the AZ crew can legally pay for a hotel, since you need to be 21, and I'm the oldest at 20.
It is 19 for nearly everything here, though that shouldn't be necessary. I'm sure a housing list will go up in time, and if it doesn't, AZ can stay with me. I can drive you if you need as well, and will be one of the closest housing locations to the venue (if it's SFU Burnaby like Meta said)

There will surely be enough housing with the abundance of players in the Province and area. Hopefully anyway.

Midori

Smash Rookie
Put me down as unconfirmed because I have NO IDEA how I'm going to afford a flight trip from San Diego to Canada but we'll see :p

Also, 64 event? nice. I'll bring my n64 controller if I do end up going.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Someone will definetly be able to house you. Looks like Dynamism's got it taken care of.

Put me down as unconfirmed because I have NO IDEA how I'm going to afford a flight trip from San Diego to Canada but we'll see :p

Also, 64 event? nice. I'll bring my n64 controller if I do end up going.
Who are you? Either way, I hope you're able to make it :)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
How do people NOT from a given region, know who IS from that given region?

I don't even know where I AM from, let alone anybody else that's in my region!

>_> <_< >_> <_< >_>

Hype

ikool

Smash Apprentice
pretty much

I probably won't do that, but it was an idea. If I do, expect most of the videos to be ridiculously high quality.
Well, don't do DVDs... Just put it on youtube as a momento video. I've seen a bunch of tourney videos on youtube that were interesting to watch. Seeing all the attendees, short interviews of some of the players, shots of friends hanging out, people cheering on fellow smashers during finals, etc.

Recording the event is a must, just putting it on DVD isn't.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
if you get this confirmed early I might consider coming, unless a bigger tourney happens in the summer hoildays 2010
Confirm soon please Evan, as soon as you can anyway. I'm actually stoked for the date TBA'd lol! :D

lets get this guy to come so we can pwn him! ;)
Please, my Imperial superior, bring your chaps over for a game or two.
This and this ^^^

I will be like the shadows in the corners of the tvs and escape all attempts of recordage unless forced upon it!
Actually even then. LIKE THE MIST OVER THE WATER
WHAT IS IT!?
IT'S AN ILLUSION!
BUT IT JUST WON THE TOURNEY!
THEN WE WILL HAVE TO FIND IT!!!
AND DESTROY IT!!
BUT IT CAN'T BE DESTROYED!!!

Edit: WOOOOW I just realized it's almost been 5 months since I played a tourney in Van...and it'll be another 5 months before this one, and I might not see you guys before this.
Almost a year, I miss Vancouver and all of you. Gonna be great to see you again at this. <3
And some OOS too I guess lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
HAHAHAHA

If this is confirmed as SFU Burnaby, there will be a subway on campuss.
The SAME subway XD
(no shinanigans this time tho)

Top Bottom