• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

Diakonos

Smash Lord
How am I trolling again? All I said was "again and again and again..."

More like a bump than anything. Don't take it harshly. But I actually do know what I'm talking about, and I do know about that MM between you and him, which is the only reason I posted that.
I didn't say you were trolling. Sorry, I didn't need to react like that.

I do know you're referring to the MM, but for example you don't know that in the last BC tournament I took 2 sets in a row from him :(. He rightfully deserves 1st place cuz he won that moneymatch, but I had to lol when I read that tony was gonna take half the pot "again", because it hasn't happened in my retrievable memory.

That's all. Please forgive me man.

Metà

Smash Master
Victra, I just thought you should know that earlier this week, when I was eating at a Japanese restaurant at my school, a SNSD video came on the TV.

I thought of you <3

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I didn't say you were trolling. Sorry, I didn't need to react like that.

I do know you're referring to the MM, but for example you don't know that in the last BC tournament I took 2 sets in a row from him :(. He rightfully deserves 1st place cuz he won that moneymatch, but I had to lol when I read that tony was gonna take half the pot "again", because it hasn't happened in my retrievable memory.

That's all. Please forgive me man.
Actually I do know this kind of stuff cause I stalk the BC videos / threads =3

Sorry though, I usually just troll cause I'm really bored and I have nothing else to do.

Metà

Smash Master
can anyone in the lower mainland house EIGHT PLAYERS FROM ALASKA? This is important, we need someone with a big enough house (and perhaps lax enough parents) to do this. Anyone able to do this for the duration of the tournament will have their ENTRANCE FEE WAIVED for Melee singles or doubles.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
when you say their entry fee is going to be waived i hope you mean your going to be paying for them instead of them just not paying at all.

Metà

Smash Master
of course that's what I mean

although, right now pretty much the only thing keeping those players from coming is the lack of a solid housing arrangement. By providing us with one, that person would essentially be adding another $70-80 to the pot. lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Would it be too killer to split them into two different houses?

I mean, I know Americans are distrusting of Canadians, but man!

Metà

Smash Master
I talked to DaemonFang about this, and he said they need to stay together. : /

If we could split them up like that, this wouldn't really be as much of an issue. Idk, maybe fewer of them will come or something. I'm really hoping someone with a big house can step it up and take one for the team though... These guys are serious about coming to this, and I'd hate for us to be the reason they can't make it.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I talked to DaemonFang about this, and he said they need to stay together. : /

If we could split them up like that, this wouldn't really be as much of an issue. Idk, maybe fewer of them will come or something. I'm really hoping someone with a big house can step it up and take one for the team though... These guys are serious about coming to this, and I'd hate for us to be the reason they can't make it.
It wouldn't be because of us that they can't make it, it would be because it would be too much to accommodate.

8 is kind of a lot of people. 4 maybe could be done, but 8 is like having an extra 2 families at your house for a weekend =[

Gamerguitarist, GENESIS would be sooooo hyped if you came

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
8 people is a LOT, 2 hotel rooms worth.

1 house that has 2 hotel rooms worth of space for people to sleep is rare

1 house that has 2 hotel rooms worth of space for people to sleep ON TOP of the family and people living there already is even rarer.

I have a bigger house than almost all the smashers I've met, but 4-8 people are living and sleeping here at any given time and it's plenty.
4 more on top of the regulars is essentially the max that I could accomodate here for a weekend. Let alone 8 more.
I have all the freedom of unlimited people I want to stay here, it just simply wouldn't work out very well as there would be nowhere to sleep but the bathroom and kitchen floors if every regular at my house was here.

In Vancouver I have complete freedom for quantity, but again, only 3 people will FIT in the house.

Unless one of the VERY FEW people can do it, they will have to split.
What's the big deal with splitting anyway? ;)

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hey, this is Daemonfang of the Alaskan smash crew, we are all set to head down there, however the only issue we have is housing, we will have 8 people coming down. please take note, we dont need room for 8, stick us in a room for 4 or something, and we WILL fit, the reason for this is because we only have limited vehicles, and im the only one who knows vancouver among the group. it would be best for the alaskans to stick together. stick us in a living room, **** even a bedroom, we WILL fit. we have our own sleeping bags and everything. we'll be sleeping in the bed of my truck on our way there. its called survival smash.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
What? lol... I hope this is sarcasm!
Nope, I suck vs Pikachu. I hate fighting him.

Luigi vs Falcon is even worse
poooor Falcon

That's what Taeyeon said
LMAO
lmfao I can take games off KA with my falcon. Luigi is super easy :laugh:

throw me on unconfirmed

thanks and hopefully see you guys in may
Bring Forward. Hope to see you there.

Hey, this is Daemonfang of the Alaskan smash crew, we are all set to head down there, however the only issue we have is housing, we will have 8 people coming down. please take note, we dont need room for 8, stick us in a room for 4 or something, and we WILL fit, the reason for this is because we only have limited vehicles, and im the only one who knows vancouver among the group. it would be best for the alaskans to stick together. stick us in a living room, **** even a bedroom, we WILL fit. we have our own sleeping bags and everything. we'll be sleeping in the bed of my truck on our way there. its called survival smash.
Blunted_Object would be the best person to speak to about this. Also, have you considered renting a cheap hotel and then stuffing everyone in there? It would end up being like 5-10 bux per person, lol.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
DaemonFang, I don't think physical limitation is the only problem. It's hard to convince one's folks to allow an extra 8 people in their house.

If your reason for wanting to stick together has to do with practicality of transport, I'm sure that can be arranged. We can try to house you with people who drive. Besides, while BC hospitality isn't as legendary as Alberta's (cough Cral I remember breakfast with your mother), we are generally nice people! Are some of you young and parents wouldn't be good for that or something?

BluntedObject might be able to house 4. If AIDS' parents are not home, I'm sure all 8 of you guys can house at his place, but this is me going on a limb.

I think 4 and 4 can be done. Just I'm not sure whose parents would be down for having 8 extra bodies in their homes for a weekend =/.

Please talk amongst yourselves and see if you guys are comfortable with that.

=D

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
well, we did, and everyone preferred to stick together. the deal is, we have 3 vehicles coming down (possibly, might be 2) this trip down isnt just for the tournament, its a senior trip for most people, and they wanna go see the sights and all that as a group it would be so much more efficient if we stayed as a group, and if u have the room to house 4, like i said, we can fit into that 4 slots.

unityole

Smash Lord
well, we did, and everyone preferred to stick together. the deal is, we have 3 vehicles coming down (possibly, might be 2) this trip down isnt just for the tournament, its a senior trip for most people, and they wanna go see the sights and all that as a group it would be so much more efficient if we stayed as a group, and if u have the room to house 4, like i said, we can fit into that 4 slots.
i wish i can say i could house u ppl but evan hasnt even confirmed the tourney location yet.
if venue is going to be at university in burnaby, then my house is pretty far from it. on top of that i dont get along with my parents very well and i also had a terrible experience from the last time i house smashers.

this is going to take some time if u guys wouldnt mind, wait otherwise talk to some other that might be able to house u

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Eric(blunted) could probs house like 30. Parent problems perhaps possible peutetre perdue pour penser prochain paradie....
never mind that's nonsense.

But yeah, if anyone can have 8 people stay in their house, you can do it. We get that.

It's just a matter of time before someone (even with a small house) can have that, then it'll all be settled.
Just needs time and persuasion with paraunterz

Top Bottom