• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm not so convinced at this mathematics. It's obviously fewer than 2 oompaloompas, so it makes sense to use empirical data to determine.

Can I update with

Diakonos
Dieslow
Sion
Blunted_Object10
Daltsy
Cowear
Patooty
Noobking
Get@Will
Tahsis?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would like to keep Roby there. I just don't know if he's been active enough to judge performance.

BC is pretty stacked now.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Put roby above me and tiep. He deserves it. He's been active enough. Also, we always have smashfests at his house and it's pretty clear that he still *****.

IMO Tim is better than Ryan but Ryan

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Obviously, he is speaking of another player named "Ryan but Ryan".

With Spacefalcon, we would have:
Diakonos
Dieslow
Sion
Blunted_Object10
Daltsy
Cowear
Spacefalcon
Patooty
Noobking
Get@Will

And if Hitsugaya was on... the lowest ranked player on our PR would be someone pretty well-known in the states...

bcrape?

Y'all let me know when I can update.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
lol Will is peaking his nose into the PR
Soon to be kicked by Johnreturnsoongaya
What do you see up there Will? Come back with infiltration information.

Patooty (He used SAMUS AGAIN <333333)
Diakonos
Dieslow
Sion
Blunted_Object10
Daltsy
Cowear
Extreme
Noobking
Get@Will

Johnreturnsoongaya and Yakalnamechangesalot and Boooooooooooooooshk for Honey edit: forgot about Meta, he's cool too I guersh

Diakonos

Smash Lord
btw HAPPYBIRTHDAY WESLEY!

BOOOOSHka is old now!

Okay, waiting on Patooty to post his agreement or disagreement, and why.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Update that ****. LMAO I'm more known than everyone in BC except maybe Eric. People has no ideas how goodz BC is.

Ryan but ryan was the result of my 1 hour time limit expiring when i tried to update my post at the library. I was gunna say something but I completely forget what it was. I think Tim's better but I have a harder time against Ryan's gay fox with Falcon.

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea that we can all build on. I want to introduce a point system to determine the PR. I want to use this point system because it is explicit, simple and more factual; evidently, all data will be there for everyone to view.

Eg.
Code:
|Names |___________|BCPM Rank|____|Hustle Rank|____|Total|
===========================================================
Blunted_Object10         0+#              2           2+#
Cowear
Daltsy
Diakonos                 1                1            2
Dieslow                  2                3            5
Get@Will
Hitsugaya
Meta
Patooty
Roby 
Sion
xXxNoobKingxXx
Tahsis
0 = no attendance
# = additional points we all have to decide on

The lower the total the higher your ranking will be. We would take 10 people with the lowest total points and rank them in the PR.

The flaw to this point system is when somebody who does not attend will get 0 points. Goal is to have the least amount of points in the end. Getting 0 points can significantly move your ranking up but we have to consider that 0 = no attendance therefore it should be fair that we penalize them by adding an additional # of points.

Well this is just my idea I came up with. I do not know whether this was already mentioned. Just tell me if you guys like it or not. PR would change with every tournament that occurs by a small margin of points especially those in top 3; if top 3 are the same top 3 competitors.

Edit: I could keep all the data in excel spreadsheet or in any graph format on my bcit webspace for everyone to view and I would update it after every tournament.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
BC is either gonna be REALLY ****ING JACKED to the point where the PR in the next 6 months will have to expand to 15, or it'll be REALLY ****ING JACKED to the point where the PR will never be updated because of 15 players fighting for 10 spots.

Scurry at the jackedness.

TY Jack for the last 2 years of prepping this.
Finally looks like the actual melee community has taken over to become 1 MASSIVE MVP of BC, called EVERYONE.

GG world, BC *****.

Edit: WTF MIKEBLUFLACO!?!?!
That's actually a really good idea.

Except make it more like the old Melee Tier List

Fox 9.8
Marth 9.7
Shiek 9.6
Falco 9.2
and so on...

But with Diakonos, Dieslow, Sion, etc instead

That way, Tim and Ryan can be .1 apart because they're 1 oompaloompa, and big spreads can be bigger etc.

I like it though. Solves debates to some extent. :)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
STATS

This is ********, go on PR john lol you come to like every single tourney and do stuff

BC is too lazy for point systems

also I think i'm happier being off this list for now, I don't feel like PR material lmfao

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
why is everyone in our smash community being gay, like, pretty homo. it makes me sad that being overly gay is cool :/ only on some people, you can tell they're trying to be gay lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Tiep, I have you down for "various".
Tim, you live in Victoria.
Adam, I'm putting you down for Vancouver.
Btw, looking at our character lists makes me sick

Marth/Fox. Then, three falcos. Then, three foxes (two if I list Patooty as various). Then 2 falcons to end it off.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I simply don't have the time to put together coherent arguments one way or another right now, and I won't until mid-October, so I'm going to opt out of saying anything now. It seems like the other panelists have come up with a list they could agree upon though so let's go with that.

I'll be back in time for the next tournament it seems, so I'll be playing more, and making more smart-alec posts then =)

Top Bottom