• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bayonetta possible for Smash 4!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I somewhat doubt that validity of this claim but I would enjoy seeing Bayonetta in Smash Bros. I visualize her as Snake's replacement and Mega Man as Sonic's.
I hope no! I want both Megaman and Sonic in this game.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Anybody taking this seriously has obviously never followed Kamiya's twitter.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
I don't think so. Bayonetta would be mighty weird and not in the Wii Fit Trainer kind of way.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Isn't he the one that told off Smash fans for the repeated requests?
Coming from him, I highly doubt this.XD
He only said that on Twitter. Twitter Kamiya =\= IRL Kamiya. In fact, I'm pretty sure he said he'd love for her to be in the game in an E3 interview.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You realize you can want both Mii's and Bayonetta?

Mii's are just a more realistic prospect to me than a witch who literally uses her hair and has momentary frames of being naked in doing so in a game that's shooting for a T rating.

I like Bayonetta, but the reason I like her are the reasons why she only works in a M rated game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also not to mention that Bayonetta is third party/second party depending how you look on her.

Which totally has nothing to do with Mii and how once would take the other's spot on the roster.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
You realize you can want both Mii's and Bayonetta?

Mii's are just a more realistic prospect to me than a witch who literally uses her hair and has momentary frames of being naked in doing so in a game that's shooting for a T rating.

I like Bayonetta, but the reason I like her are the reasons why she only works in a M rated game.
Who says it has to shoot for a T rating and not an M, though?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who says it has to shoot for a T rating and not an M, though?

It's Smash Brothers.

They want it to be a system seller. They want kids to buy this. They're not gonna shoot for an M rating just for one character. If they had to downplay Snake. They'll downplay Bayonetta as well.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
It's Smash Brothers.

They want it to be a system seller. They want kids to buy this. They're not gonna shoot for an M rating just for one character. If they had to downplay Snake. They'll downplay Bayonetta as well.
Fair enough point, then let me rephrase the question; how would downplaying Bayonetta ever so slightly by sticking to her wittier lines instead of her most sexual stuff make her any less of an awesome fighter for the game?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Never said that.

I'd be all for her. I just don't personally see her happening.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
there a lot more 3rd party characters I rather see then her

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
There is ALREADY a lot of 3rd party characters: Megaman, Sonic, Snake and maybe Klonoa and/or Pacman.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta is a cool character and would have fit a little nicer in Brawl's environment; the more realistic color scheme (Twilight Princess-fied). But In Smash 4, the colors are much more vibrant. She would stick out like a sore... ok. I'll just stop there.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I think she would be a cool character, but I just can't imagine her in Smash fighting against Mario, Kirby and Pikachu. Though, I would've said the same thing about Snake pre-Brawl. Also Bayonetta Kirby (already semi-naked).

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Bayonetta is a cool character and would have fit a little nicer in Brawl's environment; the more realistic color scheme (Twilight Princess-fied). But In Smash 4, the colors are much more vibrant. She would stick out like a sore... ok. I'll just stop there.
I already visualized all her possible alternate colors.
Her color is the last problem with her inclusion in the game IMHO. There are other bigger isse, like her intentional not toony sex appeal or the fact she is not very nintendish.

Top Bottom