• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Bayonetta Match-Up Thread!

blackghost

Smash Champion
Hmm how often have you played the match up?
in my scene i play it a lot. at least multi-ple times a week at this point. the main issues come down to:
ryu having true combos
frame data so much outcassed by ryu
and focus
focus shuts her down. combos dont work, divekick doesnt worka nd ryu isnt scared of us grabbing him at all.
bayo is easy to combo and with uptilt and downtilt batwithin just puts us in a worse position. but ryu is safe on shiekd agianst us. the only time i can win against ryu is gimmp or witch time an uptilt combo starter. but witch time cannot be down on reaciton to most of ryus moves only on hard reads is it even plausible.

Danwon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Danwon
I have a hard time against Mario, i don't know how to counter his fireball, can someone help me ?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've heard that Bayonetta wins against Cloud and Meta Knight, but I'm having trouble figuring out why. Can anyone elaborate on these matchups?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
People' ******** about Bayo when unlike Sheik she actually has relevant bad matchups.

On that topic, how should we deal with MK?

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
People' ******** about Bayo when unlike Sheik she actually has relevant bad matchups.

The problem with Meta Knight is that he's very... slippery. He's fast on the ground and has an existent grab game. But, you can take advantage of his lack of projectile and him being the 5th slowest air speed in the game. That means he's susceptible to Side B in the air. You can also force his approach with Bullet Arts. Overall the key is to keep him in the air. That's what I think anyway

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

I'm under the impression that Meta Knight's relatively bad neutral means that Bayonetta's also relatively bad neutral (compared to the likes of Sheik, Rosalina, etc.) is less of a hindrance than usual.

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
The Mario matchup is painful. There's no real way to deal with the fireball outside of shielding it. On top of that it's really ****ing hard punish him for anything due to how safe his approaches are.

I could be wrong, but this matchup feels like it's 65:35 Mario.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
The Mario matchup is painful. There's no real way to deal with the fireball outside of shielding it. On top of that it's really ****ing hard punish him for anything due to how safe his approaches are.

I could be wrong, but this matchup feels like it's 65:35 Mario.
Only thing I can think is that we should try and space him out, since our normals outrange his. Other than that you're right, he's tough.

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
Don't think I'e seen this mentioned anywhere, so:

I think :4duckhunt: may have an advantageous matchup against Bayonetta. His projectile/zoning game is kind of ridiculous, so it can really difficult for Bayonetta to approach him if he knows what he's doing.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Don't think I'e seen this mentioned anywhere, so:

I think :4duckhunt: may have an advantageous matchup against Bayonetta. His projectile/zoning game is kind of ridiculous, so it can really difficult for Bayonetta to approach him if he knows what he's doing.
I just played a Duck Hunt last night, and I agree. Camp-happy Duck Hunts are really frustrating for Bayo.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
The same could be said for practically every single camp character. Tink, Link, Villager, etc. Diddy is bad for the reason that his neutral is godly.
Fair enough. I played a really irritating Villager last night as well. Diddy is ultimately worse, though, because he has the banana AND incredible frame data.

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
I feel that Marth, girl Marth, and fire Marth could pose a problem if they play really safe. Does anyone have experience with these matchups?

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Count me among the people who firmly believe we go even or have a winning matchup vs cloud.

He cant camp with limit and force an approach because we do that so much better with bullet arts and climax.

If we get him offstage without limit, we can upB or BA nair him for an easy gimp.

Because cloud's non-limit upB doesnt snap the ledge, we can spike him with downsmash with good timing, or catch it with dtilt-fair123.

And as we all know, cloud players LOVE pressing buttons, so witch time is gonna be a big help.,

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
Count me among the people who firmly believe we go even or have a winning matchup vs cloud.

He cant camp with limit and force an approach because we do that so much better with bullet arts and climax.

If we get him offstage without limit, we can upB or BA nair him for an easy gimp.

Because cloud's non-limit upB doesnt snap the ledge, we can spike him with downsmash with good timing, or catch it with dtilt-fair123.

And as we all know, cloud players LOVE pressing buttons, so witch time is gonna be a big help.,
Cloud main here. How would Bayo beat Cloud in the nuetral? Also, whether she can force an apprkach could depend on the stage( i.e. How far Cloud is from her, whether he's on a platform, etc) While I agree that Cloud loses offstage, Bayo has to get him there first, and Cloud has tools to keep her away.( Blade beam, Nair, and Ftilt.)

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
I think it's either even or slightly in Cloud's favor, his disjoints and speed are too much for even spaced bairs most of the time. We can beat ac'd dairs with utilt or WTw, but he can easily space with nair, fair, and uair. It's pretty much just the little mac matchup with a sword, focus on getting him offstage and capitalize.

TheColorfulOrca

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of the match-up against Sonic? I'm pretty sure that HSK beats out his spin-dash, but his ground speed makes him really slippery. I have trouble keeping him in the air, since he has his Dair, and landing a DTilt is nigh impossible (for me at least). I feel like it's pretty even, with a slight advantage to Sonic. Any tips on the MU?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of the match-up against Sonic? I'm pretty sure that HSK beats out his spin-dash, but his ground speed makes him really slippery. I have trouble keeping him in the air, since he has his Dair, and landing a DTilt is nigh impossible (for me at least). I feel like it's pretty even, with a slight advantage to Sonic. Any tips on the MU?
Same as any other character against Sonic, his landings are actually pretty easy to punish. His landing options aren't too great, either nair, fair, or dair. Nair and fair get beaten out by both utilt and WTw, while dair is incredibly easy to WTi. Other than that, you unfortunately have to play patient. If you can get dtilt BA at max range, he can't punish you for it, meaning that you can force approaches with optimal spacing, but just make him feel unsafe in the air and don't let him get to your head is the best that I can say.

Philos-kun

Smash Rookie
I'm having a lot of trouble in the rob mu,what do you guys think of it?
Since Rob is gigantic and tall, you can spam Bullet Climax to force him to approach. Also, jump a lot to avoid his beam and Gyro, and use dABK for mixup.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Since Rob is gigantic and tall, you can spam Bullet Climax to force him to approach. Also, jump a lot to avoid his beam and Gyro, and use dABK for mixup.
Against a bad ROB, maybe. ROB can easily out zone Bayonetta with Gyro and beam, Bullet Climax gets eaten by his laser since you can't move while shooting, whether it be a half charged or full charged. Using dABK for mixup is silly, the move is pretty much useless even if it connect and ROB can just Fair or maybe Uair you out.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Against a bad ROB, maybe. ROB can easily out zone Bayonetta with Gyro and beam, Bullet Climax gets eaten by his laser since you can't move while shooting, whether it be a half charged or full charged.
Rob cant spam laser, whereas we can abuse both uncharged and charged BC all we want. Plus, he'd have to have the reaction time of a machine to know to go for laser as soon as we attempt BC.

Using dABK for mixup is silly, the move is pretty much useless even if it connect and ROB can just Fair or maybe Uair you out.
Except for the whole "getting around rob's projectiles that he can easily zone us out with" thing.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Rob cant spam laser, whereas we can abuse both uncharged and charged BC all we want. Plus, he'd have to have the reaction time of a machine to know to go for laser as soon as we attempt BC.
Like I said, maybe useful against a bad ROB. A good ROB will use laser and gyro to zone her quite hard, Bayonetta will have little room to breath if she gets cornered. Bullet Climax, even though can be somewhat spammed, it is not hard for a good ROB to counter. Bowser and Dedede might be forced to approach, but ROB can just shield it and wait for laser to recharge. Heck he can use gyro to counter too and even limit her space.
It may be hard to use laser against BC on reaction, but shielding on reaction isn't. And if he was hit, he only take about a few %.
As spammable as BC may be, ROB, without a doubt, can force an approach from Bayonetta better than Bayonetta can force an approach from him.

Except for the whole "getting around rob's projectiles that he can easily zone us out with" thing.
Then that is an forced approach. Being forced to jump a lot and having to use risky approach option (dABK unsafe if whiffed, though somewhat safe on shield) is a sign of a character being forced to approach and has little breathing space. ROB, as a zoner, will automatically want you to approach him so he can punish you. He will be anticipating that dive kick. Again, I said a good ROB.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Like I said, maybe useful against a bad ROB. A good ROB will use laser and gyro to zone her quite hard, Bayonetta will have little room to breath if she gets cornered. Bullet Climax, even though can be somewhat spammed, it is not hard for a good ROB to counter. Bowser and Dedede might be forced to approach, but ROB can just shield it and wait for laser to recharge. Heck he can use gyro to counter too and even limit her space.
BC eats gyro, if I remember correctly. Either way, rob has to shield BC or take damage and mash out a gyro during the endlag.

It may be hard to use laser against BC on reaction, but shielding on reaction isn't. And if he was hit, he only take about a few %.
As spammable as BC may be, ROB, without a doubt, can force an approach from Bayonetta better than Bayonetta can force an approach from him.
It doesnt matter which character can force an approach better if THE PLAYER is patient and knows when not to approach. And If rob's sitting in shield or getting hit by BC, then he isnt zoning is, is he?

Then that is an forced approach. Being forced to jump a lot and having to use risky approach option (dABK unsafe if whiffed, though somewhat safe on shield) is a sign of a character being forced to approach and has little breathing space. ROB, as a zoner, will automatically want you to approach him so he can punish you. He will be anticipating that dive kick. Again, I said a good ROB.
So what? A good Rob does not mean he automatically has a wall of untouchable hitboxes surrounding him and that we're just straight up screwed. Listen to yourself!

"Rob can zone us hard!"
"Well, we have a move to get around that."
"No, a GOOD rob would anticipate and punish it."

Thats your general, catch-all retort; that a good player will just punish it. No actual discussion can be had with you. Literally every matchup discussion with you is "well, a GOOD player would do this" and "a GOOD player wouldnt do that!" Stop theorysmashing and start playing some goddamn people!

This is just like saying mewtwo/fox/palutena autowin vs projectile characters just because they have a reflector.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
BC eats gyro, if I remember correctly. Either way, rob has to shield BC or take damage and mash out a gyro during the endlag.
If BC eats gyro, it means ROB can use it again.

It doesnt matter which character can force an approach better if THE PLAYER is patient and knows when not to approach. And If rob's sitting in shield or getting hit by BC, then he isnt zoning is, is he?
The "It doesn't matter if xxx" doesn't work here. No matter how patient either player is, one of them has to start an approach. Bayonetta ditto isn't just both Bayonetta spamming BC.
And yes, if the ROB is getting hit by BC, he isn't zoning. But I heavily doubt ROB will happily spend half of the match getting hit by BC and will undoubtedly attempt to counter it, which he can do quite well. ROB can play with his gyro in a variety of ways while BC is only to zone a little.

Thats your general, catch-all retort; that a good player will just punish it. No actual discussion can be had with you. Literally every matchup discussion with you is "well, a GOOD player would do this" and "a GOOD player wouldnt do that!" Stop theorysmashing and start playing some goddamn people!
Before asking me to stop "theorysmashing", you should ask people to stop making tier list. Tier list is often made after the theory players knows the MU well and are equal in skill. It doesn't take years of practice to really counter Bayonetta's BC.
I never said Bayonetta can't beat ROB, but she will undoubtedly struggle in the MU.
If we are to discuss bad player, we will get faulty results. Hence I focus on good players. Focusing on good players will also lead to faulty results at times, but I ain't demanding the ROB player to have god like reaction time. Just know how Bayonetta works and how to zone her. Have good MU knowledge in general.

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Gryo might be eaten by BC, but it goes too low for that unless he's above us IIRC. Gyro is a pretty big pain in the ass. However, I don't think that we lose the matchup, but it's probably even.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
If BC eats gyro, it means ROB can use it again.
It also means he's getting hit by BC.

Besides, BC can make him drop gyro if he is charging it or tries to use it while getting hit. Dont forget that rob is tall, so we can do this from a safe distance.

The "It doesn't matter if xxx" doesn't work here. No matter how patient either player is, one of them has to start an approach. Bayonetta ditto isn't just both Bayonetta spamming BC.
So why does it have to be the bayo player every time in these scenarios? If this is a matter of patience, why is it that bayo must approach?

Lemme guess: "WELL, A GOOD ROB PLAYER WOULDNT..."

**** that noise! What about a good BAYONETTA player? What if they force the approach? What then? And its not as if being forced to approach is always a losing situation.

And yes, if the ROB is getting hit by BC, he isn't zoning. But I heavily doubt ROB will happily spend half of the match getting hit by BC and will undoubtedly attempt to counter it, which he can do quite well. ROB can play with his gyro in a variety of ways while BC is only to zone a little.
Well? Go on, I'm listening.

Please tell me how rob can counter BC, and why he can do it "quite well."

Dont keep me waiting.

Before asking me to stop "theorysmashing", you should ask people to stop making tier list. Tier list is often made after the theory players knows the MU well and are equal in skill. It doesn't take years of practice to really counter Bayonetta's BC.
I never said Bayonetta can't beat ROB, but she will undoubtedly struggle in the MU.
I think you missed my point about "theorysmashing." I was referring to how most of your posts are basically conjecture. You dont speak from experience and just imagine how a match would play out, kinda like fantasy football. I know this because the last time I asked you about personal experience, you completely dodged the question.

If we are to discuss bad player, we will get faulty results. Hence I focus on good players. Focusing on good players will also lead to faulty results at times, but I ain't demanding the ROB player to have god like reaction time. Just know how Bayonetta works and how to zone her. Have good MU knowledge in general.
You focus too much on what good players can do against bayonetta, as opposed to what a good bayonetta can do against good players.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
It also means he's getting hit by BC.
Uh.... no. It mean gyro will disappear. BC isn't that god like.

Besides, BC can make him drop gyro if he is charging it or tries to use it while getting hit. Dont forget that rob is tall, so we can do this from a safe distance.
Yeah, and then what? Are we gonna spam BC for 80% of the fight? BC isn't gonna make ROB use laser and gyro less, it is gonna make ROB use it more.

So why does it have to be the bayo player every time in these scenarios? If this is a matter of patience, why is it that bayo must approach?
I am not claim 100% of the time, Bayonetta will have to approach, but definitely a high % of the time it is Bayonetta because ROB is a very good zoner and can counter Bayonetta's zoning option while Bayonetta will struggle to counter ROB zoning option (not impossible, but hard).

Lemme guess: "WELL, A GOOD ROB PLAYER WOULDNT..."

**** that noise! What about a good BAYONETTA player? What if they force the approach? What then? And its not as if being forced to approach is always a losing situation.
Yes, what can a good Bayonetta player do to force an approach? Spam BC like a madman? You have to remember both players should have very good MU knowledge. We are the Bayonetta player here, no matter how good we are, we have to accept out zoning a good zoner is hard.

Well? Go on, I'm listening.

Please tell me how rob can counter BC, and why he can do it "quite well."

Dont keep me waiting.
Easy, use gyro to limit her movement and give yourself space. BC doesn't have the range laser has and it has notable startup and endlag. Even if ROB is hit by BC he isn't in any sort of danger, BC doesn't have any sort of follow up like gyro do and isn't even as damaging as full charged laser. BC put very little pressure on ROB who can put on massive pressure with just gyro.

I think you missed my point about "theorysmashing." I was referring to how most of your posts are basically conjecture. You dont speak from experience and just imagine how a match would play out, kinda like fantasy football. I know this because the last time I asked you about personal experience, you completely dodged the question.
So you really believe BC is that good? That is will beat ROB's laser and gyro all the time? All of my points are definitely all conjecture since matches are different everytime. BC can sometimes beat ROB's laser and gyro, but most of time ROB's laser and gyro will beat BC. ROB has better zoning capability than Bayonetta.
My points are to state ROB has a pretty good time zoning against Bayonetta, not Bayonetta will auto lose against ROB.

You focus too much on what good players can do against bayonetta, as opposed to what a good bayonetta can do against good players.
Like what? Spam BC and out zone a very good zoner? What exactly does "good Bayonetta" that makes ROB have a hard time zoning her?
Are you gonna claim Bayonetta should spam BC against Rosalina because she is tall? Do you think she can out zone everyone with just BC? Especially against a very good player?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Like what? Spam BC and out zone a very good zoner? What exactly does "good Bayonetta" that makes ROB have a hard time zoning her?
Are you gonna claim Bayonetta should spam BC against Rosalina because she is tall? Do you think she can out zone everyone with just BC? Especially against a very good player?
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Ghidorah wants to talk about the matchup overall, and how a good Bayonetta would want to approach the matchup, while you're talking about BC alone.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Ghidorah wants to talk about the matchup overall, and how a good Bayonetta would want to approach the matchup, while you're talking about BC alone.
Possibly, I don't really care about how ROB vs Bayonetta MU is. Probably in ROB's flavor but it isn't anything insane and undo-able, maybe even too.

Philos-kun said to spam BC to make ROB approach, then I said ROB can counter it easily and zone her harder than she can zone him. Then suddenly Ghidorah just hopped in and said ROB can't spam laser and is unable to counter BC easily.
The way I see it is his argument hinges on:
The ROB can't counter BC because good Bayonetta is so unstoppable with it.
The ROB is unable to guess Bayonetta's next move as a patience Bayonetta is unpredictable.
Tall characters are unable to counter it so the move is super safe and spammable.
Players can't adapt against spamming.

Then the most offending post from him.
This is just like saying mewtwo/fox/palutena autowin vs projectile characters just because they have a reflector.
How do you stretch "ROB can counter BC and zone her" to "Bayonetta auto loses to ROB because she can't out zone him"???
Struggle =/= auto lose. Projectile-reliant character do often struggle against characters with reflectors, yes. Do they auto lose because of it, no.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
You realize that BC continues if gyro clanks with one of the bullets right?
Do you think I didn't know? Just because gyro gets eaten by BC doesn't mean ROB is always in its way.
If gyro doesn't get eaten up by BC, does it means ROB can't get hit by it? The two has no connection.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Uh.... no. It mean gyro will disappear. BC isn't that god like.
Considering that BC, both charged and uncharged, consists of multiple projectiles, its able to cancel out gyro and do damage at the same time, which is pretty sweet.

But that doesnt even really matter, since gyro usually flies a bit too low for BC to catch at it's optimal range.

Yeah, and then what? Are we gonna spam BC for 80% of the fight? BC isn't gonna make ROB use laser and gyro less, it is gonna make ROB use it more.
Why not spam it for 80% of the fight? If thats what it takes to win, and the rob player cant find a way around it, I say spam the hell out of BC.

And if BC makes rob use laser and gyro more, (which is silly, because BC beats his projectiles to the punch every time anyway; that is to say, our projectile comes out faster), then we can bait him into using it and punish/close the distance as needed.

Yes, what can a good Bayonetta player do to force an approach? Spam BC like a madman?
Again, why not? It's free damage.

Easy, use gyro to limit her movement and give yourself space. BC doesn't have the range laser has and it has notable startup and endlag. Even if ROB is hit by BC he isn't in any sort of danger, BC doesn't have any sort of follow up like gyro do and isn't even as damaging as full charged laser. BC put very little pressure on ROB who can put on massive pressure with just gyro.
That is not what I asked. I asked you how rob can deal with BC, and you have failed spectacularly.

"Use gyro to limit movement" Wow, the most blanket statement possible. Way to say something without actually saying anything. Doesnt even relate to BC, too.

BC, uncharged, comes out on frame 17, whereas all versions of laser come out on frame 25. We beat his laser to the punch every time.

It does not matter if rob "isnt in any danger" or "you cant followup BC" because just by using BC, you are severely limiting his options while getting in free damage. Rob is either getting hit (free damage), shielding (pressure), or ducking (no damage, but he cant jump, cant attack, literally cant do anything).

If he tries to laser, it gets interrupted and he loses his charge (unless I'm mistaken).
If he tries to gyro, he gets hit and drops it and has to wait to pick it up before he can use it again.

Now, I'm going to ask you again, very clearly, so that you dont misunderstand the question.

How does Rob stop us from spamming BC? How does he get around it? What move does he use to bypass BC?

Literally, the situation is "rob, getting hit by BC. what does he do to stop it?"

So you really believe BC is that good? That is will beat ROB's laser and gyro all the time? All of my points are definitely all conjecture since matches are different everytime. BC can sometimes beat ROB's laser and gyro, but most of time ROB's laser and gyro will beat BC. ROB has better zoning capability than Bayonetta.
My points are to state ROB has a pretty good time zoning against Bayonetta, not Bayonetta will auto lose against ROB.
Rob has better zoning overall, yes, but it's still linear. His projectile game is "dont stand in front of me," whereas ours is "you cant move from that spot."

The problem here is that you are looking at all this from a "damage/combo" angle, whereas I am looking at it from a "controlling space/limiting options" angle.

Did I say that? No, I said BC is something we can abuse in this matchup, because of rob's tall hurtbox. Then you claimed laser and gyro beat BC, and while laser does go through BC (I think? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt), BC is faster anyway, so it's kind of a moot point.

Philos-kun said to spam BC to make ROB approach, then I said ROB can counter it easily and zone her harder than she can zone him. Then suddenly Ghidorah just hopped in and said ROB can't spam laser and is unable to counter BC easily.
Yet again, you claim rob can counter BC "easily," and still have not provided an explanation as to how he actually goes about doing it.

ANSWER THE GODDAMN QUESTION:

How does Rob stop us from spamming BC? How does he get around it? What move does he use to bypass BC?

Literally, the situation is "rob, getting hit by BC. what does he do to stop it?"

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Wow Ghidorah14, are you for real? Never have I seen a person overrate a move so far.

The way I see it is his argument hinges on:
The ROB can't counter BC because good Bayonetta is so unstoppable with it.
The ROB is unable to guess Bayonetta's next move as a patience Bayonetta is unpredictable.
Tall characters are unable to counter it so the move is super safe and spammable.
Players can't adapt against spamming.

ROB doesn't need to stop you from spamming BC, he can just use lasers and gyro to rack up damage while you get able 4% every once in a while (that is not counting stale move). Spamming BC makes his life easier, not only is the move easy to react to, you are just making yourself extremely predictable.
Laser out range BC so framedata is not a problem for ROB, and ROB can toss a gyro if you try to corner him.
And as I said, BC doesn't have any sort of follow up, you can even shield between each bullet so ROB can **** up 20 times and all he takes is maybe 30%. It is impossible to stop someone from spamming a projectile if they just feel like doing so, but BC has very little potential outside of edgeguarding and zoning, and even then BC is still only sub par at both.

Patriarachnid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Patriarachnid
3DS FC
1134-8770-6048
ROB doesn't need to stop you from spamming BC, he can just use lasers and gyro to rack up damage while you get able 4% every once in a while (that is not counting stale move). Spamming BC makes his life easier, not only is the move easy to react to, you are just making yourself extremely predictable.
Hahahaha, dude, are you kidding? I mained ROB for several months before I picked up Bayo, and I've fought several Bayos as ROB, and I assure you his projectiles are not the god-tier anti-Bayo superweapons you seem to thing they are.

Laser and Gyro do NOT deal a lot of damage. They're more, "occasional annoyance/free neutral win"-type projectiles rather than actual damage-rackers, and neither of them kill.

ROB HAS to get close to do anything meaningful; with most characters, he achieves this by harassing them from a distance to force an approach, but Bullet Climax has enough range and damage that Bayo doesn't ever need to approach except to get a kill (against characters who are both huge and not fast, like ROB). He can try to annoy Bayo with lasers, but at the end of the day she will get much more damage off of the projectile trading. So ROB will have to approach eventually, and Bullet Climax conveniently almost completely shuts down his approach options.

And as I said, BC doesn't have any sort of follow up
This is the equivalent of saying Bayo's multijab is bad because it has no follow-ups. You're missing the point; it doesn't NEED follow-ups, because it already does a crap-ton of damage on its own. Except in Bullet Climax's case, it has low enough endlag that it can't be punished by slow characters if properly spaced, even if it's completely blocked.

Top Bottom