• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bay Area California Smash 4

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
If there's any people out here in the Bay Area be heard! New game coming out And really hopeful for a scene to develop, and I'm really curious if there is any players in the area

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I just moved to San Francisco - hopefully there's some folks here that are able to give a new arrival a proper welcome (by that, I mean showing me how West Coast players rock compared to my East Coast origins :smash: )

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
I just moved to San Francisco - hopefully there's some folks here that are able to give a new arrival a proper welcome (by that, I mean showing me how West Coast players rock compared to my East Coast origins :smash: )
Definitely join the Facebook group. The NorCal community is pretty strong, and there are fairly regular tournaments, including an online one (almost) every Sunday. Cool people too.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Definitely join the Facebook group. The NorCal community is pretty strong, and there are fairly regular tournaments, including an online one (almost) every Sunday. Cool people too.
In the event one does not have a Facebook account by choice... are there other online spaces where tournaments/gatherings are posted?

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
I'm planning on moving to San Francisco and am wondering if there are people there willing to help a new guy out in learning the city as well as the smash scene. I'm currently living in Minnesota (been in the Midwest my whole) life, am 26, and have recently experienced several big life changes that I take as signs it's finally time to move somewhere new. I visited SF with my dad when I was younger and loved it, and knowing it has both of the scenes I like (smash - specifically Melee - and gay), I made it my goal to move out there eventually. If anyone would like to give me any insight into the area/smash scene, please feel free to reply or PM me. I'm currently looking for Data Analyst positions in the area (a really easy job to find anywhere actually) but beyond the new job I won't have any connections in San Francisco when I move out there, as of yet. Hopefully someone out there is willing to help a newbie in need!

P.S. My tag is "Sync", and I'm not EXACTLY a newbie since I managed to make it on last quarter's PR for Minnesota (ranked #8!). I play Fox in Melee, but also enjoy Kirby/Fox/Yoshi in 64, Peach/Falco in Melee, MK/Peach in Brawl, Dedede/Wolf in PM, and am still just getting into Smash 4. I'm a highly competitve Melee player through-and-through, but at the end of the day I just want to hang with cool people and have fun. If you want to see me, check out my match against Dizzkidboogie on Youtube from Apex 2015! (They spelled his tag wrong, so search for disskidboogie vs sync instead lol)

Top Bottom