• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGroundsLI Melee Tournament!

ultravi0l3nce

Smash Cadet
Welcome to our third SSBM tournament! Same rules. This time we will run the singles first and doubles afterwards, if we have enough people. So bring your friends!

Starting the tournament a little later this time so people can come after work! :)

Friendlies OK for entrants starting at 4PM and will run until the tournament ends. We usually have a surplus of TVs and cubes.

Registering is possible through our website and is not mandatory. Just fill out the Captain's Full Name, Email, and Phone boxes, check in the Super Smash box, rage at the captcha, and submit!

Prices;
Venue $10
Singles $10
-------------
Doubles $10/team (If we have enough)
-------------

Rules;
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes.
Standard DSR.

Starters/Neutrals;
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick;
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans;
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

Twix

Smash Cadet
Well Jeff (the guy who sets up the tournament at Battlegrounds) doesn't get paid if he does it on the weekends (since he normally works weekends anyway). Plus it's a month in advance, seems fair enough.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Well Jeff (the guy who sets up the tournament at Battlegrounds) doesn't get paid if he does it on the weekends (since he normally works weekends anyway). Plus it's a month in advance, seems fair enough.
Ok the guy getting paid is a solid reason, but knowing ahead of time isn't helpful when i have a job.

:phone:

Quarl

Smash Rookie
Ok the guy getting paid is a solid reason, but knowing ahead of time isn't helpful when i have a job.

uhhh... ask for that day off right now? I have a job too and they let me off for the last tournament on two days notice. Are you allowed to talk to your boss or are you just not gonna try?

Also, not trying to be ****ish or anything. I'm just really curious what kind of job you might have that books up a month in advance with no other employee to cover you...

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Wow if that's the reason I'm going to have a talk with Jeff.... This could be held during the day on a Saturday and he could get paid for the entire day instead of his normal 5-10

JKJ

Smash Ace
Hoping to attend this, with at least Zajaz and Schmeckle who came to the last one with me. Possibly a new player too, a Yoshi main. Still setting up a mode of transportation though, as none of us has a car. Although Zajaz just got his license...Borrowing a car and splitting gas? I think so. Hoping to go, and if the date changes to Saturday I'll have to rearrange schedules. Thanks for posting this so far in advance! Great job with running and organizing the tournaments so far and I'm looking forward to this one!

Vark

Smash Rookie
I plan to go with a lot of others from mastic as well. Hopfully a lot more people confirm attendance, last time a few people confirmed and we got a lot more then expected. Non the less; a great time. Can't wait for the next one.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
uhhh... ask for that day off right now? I have a job too and they let me off for the last tournament on two days notice. Are you allowed to talk to your boss or are you just not gonna try?

Also, not trying to be ****ish or anything. I'm just really curious what kind of job you might have that books up a month in advance with no other employee to cover you...
My boss is an *******, and i already got to ask for a day off this week for a job interview.

And i deliver transmission parts for a small company which only has like 4 or 5 other drivers so there really is no one to cover for me.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I've never been to a tournament so I'm hesitant.

Include Project M and I'll win.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You know these r small enough that maybe you should/could try to include a 2nd tourney like pm. (Also i think i am quitting my job this week so i might be able to come to this after all)

Vark

Smash Rookie
I'd be pretty interested in P:M myself as well. I dont see a problem with them hosting another touny. we'd just need people with modded wii's.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Since bubba cant bring a 2nd wii, i could hit up a friend and see if i could get his wii for pm. Assuming pm tourney is a go

JKJ

Smash Ace
So I'm definitely coming, along with at least 2 other people. Will try to get at least one friend to bring a cube, and maybe a wii with P:M if needed. So is there going to be a P:M tourney? Also, is it still $10 for the venue and $10 for the tournament? And if there is a P:M side event, will there be an extra entry fee for that?
Thanks, I know I ask a lot of questions.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Turns out fri is a friends bday, so atm i still plan on coming to this but i will not be bringing pm

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
same question as a month ago: if i get off from work at 7 and make it there by 7:30 ish, will i be on time to enter for the tourney?

also, echoing the majority of people in this thread: saturday>>>>>>Friday

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
This is 5 minutes from me, so I might stop by to hang out after I get out of work at 6pm =) Also if you guys bring an SD card with Project M as well, that would be sweeeet.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I'm most definitely probably attending, and I'm bringing a Wii with Project M. Unless absolutely anything else comes up. I really might not flake. I swear.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
There's a possibility I might be able to come to this. Where's the venue??

EDIT: Never mind, found it on the site.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I am definitely attending, bringing Project M, and bringing 2 extra people. Consider us the scrubbing crew.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Damn, shout-outs to new people for contributing to the scene. You guys are the best.

Hax

Smash Champion
going to this all of a sudden. anyone up for teams?

JKJ

Smash Ace
GGs to everyone I played against... Hax, may I just say, you are way too good. Someday, I'll get you down to two stocks.

Codi

Smash Ace
Good **** to Hax and Alejandro (?) for coming out to the tourney. Shoutouts to long island.

Edit: anyone have results/or an idea of how the turnout was?
around 25 people the pot was 200$ all together split between top 3
Off the top of my head it was

1. G$/hax split
2. G$/hax split
3. Codi
4. the moon
5. Alejandro
5. knut

G$ beat hax in winners semi's in a best of 5 set 3/2
G$ beat Codi in winners finals in a best of 5 set 3/2
Hax beat Codi in losers finals in a best of 5 set 3/0
G$ and Hax played out there grand finals sets i believe hax won

Smashjin

Smash Ace
around 25 people the pot was 200$ all together split between top 3
Off the top of my head it was

1. G$/hax split
2. G$/hax split
3. Codi
4. the moon
5. Alejandro
5. knut

G$ beat hax in winners semi's in a best of 5 set 3/2
G$ beat Codi in winners finals in a best of 5 set 3/2
Hax beat Codi in losers finals in a best of 5 set 3/0
G$ and Hax played out there grand finals sets i believe hax won

Thanks, good **** Codi.

R3N0

Smash Lord
25 ppl but only $200 pot??? something doesn't add up...............................

Top Bottom