• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BattleGrounds - Long island, NY - Jun 21, 08 - BRAWL

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
Date: June 21st, 2008
Time: 1:00pm
Fee: $10 (Singles) $20 (Doubles)
Format: Singles AND Doubles (Which ever we have more players for will go first)

Best of 3 matches Sets. Finals Best of 5.

3 Stock, 6 Minutes, Items OFF, Team Damage ON.

www.battlegroundsli.com

Last Turnout
27 singles
7 Teams

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
Awesome that there's going to be another one, I liked the last one. I'll be there for sure. And, this time, I'll use the GCN controller, since I won't have any wireless interferences like last time, with the classic controller.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
yea, please fix those laggy tv's. i lost my first set due to that bull****

MTD

Smash Apprentice
dude you dont know what your talknig about i was assigned to the tv which had straight lag.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
fine my *** shut your mouth you little *****.

your dumb *** probably played on the other tv you stupid *****, so please shut up before you post!!
How is he dumb if he picked the only tv that doesn't lag, unlike yourself apparently?

?_?

If you cared so much about lag you wouldn't even be playing on those tvs in the first place and would wait for that one to clear up. You've never had to play melee on a laggy tv, so NO JOHNS cuz brawl is mad easy.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
How is he dumb if he picked the only tv that doesn't lag, unlike yourself apparently?

?_?

If you cared so much about lag you wouldn't even be playing on those tvs in the first place and would wait for that one to clear up. You've never had to play melee on a laggy tv, so NO JOHNS cuz brawl is mad easy.
dudes, relax, i think that they assigned him to a television, so he really had no choice but to play on a laggy TV. the issue still stands that there are laggy tv's, cuz i heard from multiple sources that it f-ed them up too, so MTD isnt the only one...

MTD

Smash Apprentice

?_?

its not like i asked to be assigned to the laggy tv.
and dont saying anything about me in melee if you've never seen me play, bring a copy of melee to the tourney at the game table and we'll see whats up.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Also plx don't edit your post after you talk ****, it makes you look scurred son. Plus superryan will **** you in both games. No johns.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
Also plx don't edit your post after you talk ****, it makes you look scurred son. Plus superryan will **** you in both games. No johns.
I only edited it because it seemed childish to talk **** about a game over the internet. I no I'm right so no need to bug out and sure ill play you in melee doubt ill have 100 dollars though, and doubt you guys would **** me in either game.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lmao have u ever been to a melee tourney kid >_> cuz i doubt it. U probly weren't even around during plx and if u were then u clearly weren't enough of a threat to remember v_v cuz i always got top 2 or 3 at those and when i see someone good i remember their name.

ill do a $10 mm in melee 3/5 MLG rules whenever but im not going to battlegrounds cuz its too hard for me to go there so go to a smashfest or soemthing and we can do it.

see this **** is why noone takes LI seriously and why we can;t have nice things...cuz kids win vs their friends and think their tough **** and im not talking about u in general but its like an epidemic or something i swear to god lmao

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
lol, i agree with the last part, thats why im entering the tourney scene, im gettin tired of facing my friends and i wanna see how i do in general. but anyway, im pretty sure its not that serious and though you both know, its just a game, and its definately not that serious. the point of meeting up at tourneys is to make friends and stuff, not enemies. now im only sayin this cuz i consider both ryan and MTD cool and friendly people on the boards so id say squash it, but if its that serious, go and have ur match or whatever but it would make LI look better if those who are actually in the tourney scene stick together

Ryan-K

Smash Master
lol, i agree with the last part, thats why im entering the tourney scene, im gettin tired of facing my friends and i wanna see how i do in general. but anyway, im pretty sure its not that serious and though you both know, its just a game, and its definately not that serious. the point of meeting up at tourneys is to make friends and stuff, not enemies. now im only sayin this cuz i consider both ryan and MTD cool and friendly people on the boards so id say squash it, but if its that serious, go and have ur match or whatever but it would make LI look better if those who are actually in the tourney scene stick together
MMs arent for grudges its for stopping arguements since its pretty hard to say you sandbagged if you lost money or its hard to say ur better than someone when they **** you in said matches.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
MMs arent for grudges its for stopping arguements since its pretty hard to say you sandbagged if you lost money or its hard to say ur better than someone when they **** you in said matches.
i guess ur right, but i just dont wanna see any conflict within the LI group.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
(walks in on fighting)
ill be there probably, i dont give a **** about the tv with the weird format, even though i lost on it.
i wont use that as an excuse, but it would be cool if the organizer could double check the formats before the tourney starts this time.
one more thing.. people have to agree on a set of rules and abide by it.
in my match i did a 1stock for sudden death, while half the tourney kept doing 300% stock SD, wtf.

maybe no one takes these things seriously anymore?
either way i look forward to it...again.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming the majority of the people here are 17 years old or older, so why does it sound like a middle-school ***** fight in here?

MTD

Smash Apprentice
lmao have u ever been to a melee tourney kid >_> cuz i doubt it. U probly weren't even around during plx and if u were then u clearly weren't enough of a threat to remember v_v cuz i always got top 2 or 3 at those and when i see someone good i remember their name.

ill do a $10 mm in melee 3/5 MLG rules whenever but im not going to battlegrounds cuz its too hard for me to go there so go to a smashfest or soemthing and we can do it.

see this **** is why noone takes LI seriously and why we can;t have nice things...cuz kids win vs their friends and think their tough **** and im not talking about u in general but its like an epidemic or something i swear to god lmao
dont call me kid, cause i bet im older than you. and yes ive been to a melee tournaments before, no reason for you to get all cocky. yea ill be down for your $10 mm, maybe ill even show up at your tournament if mine isnt a good turnout. and how am i acting like tough ****, seems like your the one trying to act like tough **** to me.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
dont call me kid, cause i bet im older than you. and yes ive been to a melee tournaments before, no reason for you to get all cocky. yea ill be down for your $10 mm, maybe ill even show up at your tournament if mine isnt a good turnout. and how am i acting like tough ****, seems like your the one trying to act like tough **** to me.
you were the one going around "ILL **** YOU IN MELEE LOL" despite the fact that me and alex are well known throughout NYC LI and part of upstate and alejandro most of the northeast >_>

you cant call anyone cocky when the first thing you say is "il lrape you in melee" LMFAO

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
MTD, if you have any money left after that I'll MM you for it too. I haven't played melee in ages so you have a good chance.... >_>

/joke

But yea MM still. ;o

MTD

Smash Apprentice
you were the one going around "ILL **** YOU IN MELEE LOL" despite the fact that me and alex are well known throughout NYC LI and part of upstate and alejandro most of the northeast >_>

you cant call anyone cocky when the first thing you say is "il lrape you in melee" LMFAO
idk can you show me where i once said ill **** anyone in melee? moron

Ryan-K

Smash Master
saying "bring melee we'll see whats up" in that context is pretty much saying that.

also lol at you first telling me im acting like the tough guy then turning around and insulting me when i tried to end this peacefully with an MM offer.

also what happened to eli's mm

Top Bottom