• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield transparency issues affecting sword trails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
while playing on battlefield, some character's attack trails might be hidden to what I think is a transparency/alpha issue. ike, marth, link, and toon link seem to suffer from this, the trails that follow their sword attacks are gone depending what direction you're facing and which attack, although it's only a cosmetical problem. this doesn't seem to affect king dedede's or ice climbers' hammer trails

if you want to test what i'm talking about, choose ike and go to battlefield. face left and use up tilt or up smash, then test the same attacks facing right

edit: this appears to also happen in the training room with sandbag while waiting in an online battle

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Weird........

Still, it's taken us 2 months to notice it, so it's unlikely it would've been picked up in play testing.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
wave dashing?
You have a good point there.

I actually hadn't noticed this before, (although I took your advice and checked it with Ike) but this is, as you said, simply cosmetic, and probably shouldn't affect anything, fortunately. Good job finding this though, it's interesting whether or not it affects anything.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Way to go Sakurai!

Super Drybones fails and FirustheHedgehog double fails, btw.

-Nox`
Why do I fail? :confused: He has a point, wavedashing wasn't discovered for a while by the Smash community, but it was picked up in development. In this case, it took us a while to discover this, but if wavedashing was picked up in development, it's possible this could've too.

As I said before, not that it actually matters, since it doesn't affect gameplay at all, but he has a point, just because it took us a while to find it doesn't mean it couldn't have been picked up in development. Doesn't mean it was, just means it's a possibility.
Not that it really matters that much whether or not it was picked up in development anyways, so why do I fail?

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I have had cases where the trails actually slow down compared to real time, though I may not have ever noticed invisible trails in battlefield. Maybe people just don't take note of it when they are brawling.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
How did I miss this massive necrobump? This was a good topic... back in 2008. Bumping it isn't even that big of a deal, if your post has some sort of content, but I'm not seeing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom