• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batman: We Own the Knight (mee-OWWwwwwww - Catwoman Report Card is up!)

C

Carmine Falcone

Alright, now let me tell you how the world really works. The people of this city do not have 10 billion dollars to hand over to you, even if every single one of them emptied their bank accounts. You know this just as well as I do, as you also know that even if they could reach your unreachable goal, they would not do it.

Face it Mask, you're really only public enemy #2. You pulled off one major job, albeit a completely unoriginal one. I'll give you the credit that you deserve, however: you did manage to equal the destructive power of a couple of middle-easterners with access to a plane.

Bravo.

And you also claim to have killed the commissioner, which hasn't even been confirmed.

Face it Mask, the Joker actually instills fear into the people of this city. With you, however, it's doubtful that you could even pull off a similar job, much less one that would actually scare the people of this city as much as Joker's string of random homicides and his continued miraculous escapes from the authorities.

You got to Gotham second, and now you're throwing a hissy fit because no one's paying as much attention to you.

I've seen peacocks that were less starved for attention than you are.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Hey I am pretty sure if I were to come close to anyone town person here and look like I was going to punch them they would be pretty scared

B

Black Mask

First, the money does not need to be from the city; it can be obtained elsewhere. (ooc: I think EE said the gov could do it).

Second, (and also completely ooc) EE changed my title. I don't run around calling myself public enemy #1.

Lastly, just sit back and watch the fireworks.

EE Edit: out of character posts get deleted for a reason. The second is fine because it addresses metagame but I'd prefer if people stomp it out entirely. And karthik, get a second browser, like safari or opera, for using the Bane account.

C

Carmine Falcone

Bane, I have something that you want. Or rather, something that you need. If you want it, meet me at the Hilton hotel in Santa Prisca.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gotham Gazette November 7th, 2008

Batman: Missing in Action? By Vicki Vale

A lonely Bat-signal goes unanswered once again at the anti-Batman protests, hosted at Ground Zero of the Wayne Tower bombings.

Gotham, I was once a believer. When our city was at its most foul, when corruption and green were synonymous with influence and power, when serial killers and madmen made us scared to leave our homes, a hero arose from the darkness. Developed seemingly straight from our necessity, the Batman singlehandedly stood against the evil and represented the weak and the everyman. A direct manifestation of our fears, he struck terror in the hearts of those criminals who had done the same to us for too long, and turned the tide in the losing battle against crime.

Subjects of pure evil met their match against the Batman, and common criminals stood no chance. Blackgate and Arkham once again housed real criminals, men and women who belonged behind bars or seriously needed help. Legitimate cops found the strength to take the place of their wicked once-companions as the crooked fell from the forces. With judges unafraid to give time to wickedly influential criminals, confidence bolstered and new figures of justice developed in MCU's Captain Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent. Gotham now understood that it takes a certain kind of hero to put his life on the line, even if one had to don the vigilante garb to revive our city.

But it takes another kind of person to stop when we need him the most; no true hero could act as our Atlas and shoulder our struggle for so long, only to shrug when the weight is at its peak. There is no question that over the last week, the Batman’s fight against crime has met an abrupt and horrifying halt. This unprecedented pause in his vigilance came a day after the breathtakingly gruesome terrorist attacks by the Black Mask on Wayne Tower, where hundreds died and thousands were injured. When the evil in our city took the war to the next level, our dark knight disappeared.

With the shadow of the Bat no longer cast over our city, the criminal element has only worsened. In the absence of our initial pinnacle of defense, our other figureheads have fallen one by one. I have no remind no one of the horrifying discovery of District Attorney and Mrs. Harvey and Gilda Dent outside the Gotham General intensive care unit, their bodies scorched and burned. Mayor Anthony Garcia was fatally struck by the madman’s vehicle, and Hamilton Hill was murdered once he stepped in to take his predecessors place. The Joker punished the citizens of Gotham for voting, and bombed elementary schools. When the Black Mask threatened and blackmailed the city into betraying their conscience, the Joker punished us for it. Caught between two immovable objects of terror, the city looked to Police Commissioner Loeb, who the Black Mask now claims to have murdered. Horribly enough, Loeb has not been witnessed since the day before last and his office stated his whereabouts unknown.

Is our vigilante hero dead? His absence provokes the horrible thought, but what could have possibly, actually killed the Batman? He has survived explosion, fire, knife, sword, bullet, multiple story falls, fights with helicopters and all ranges of vehicle, and close encounters with villains like the Joker, the Faraway Tree Killer, Bane the Breaker, and the Killer Croc. Surely it would take an individual such as these to kill the Batman, and the results would be quickly broadcast all over the airwaves.

So, has he then quit? He’s stopped fighting for good, he is finished defending our city? Under the immense stress and pressure that undoubtedly comes from shouldering our fear and becoming the city’s primary defender, did the Batman suffer a mental collapse or psychological breakdown?

Or has he simply abandoned us? Was the end of his action planned? The Batman always had a strenuous relationship with the police forces of the city, as his ability to work outside the law comes with the prices of a truly illegal vigilante. Yet even after his apparent arrest and escape from the MCU, he continued to fight for our safety. With the city’s ransom, did the dark knight decide that we weren’t good enough? His new ally the Robin – factually Terry Gilliam, a previous felon – has been making the public appearances; are we left with him as our guardian? His intentions are pure, but it doesn’t take an eyewitness experience to tell that he does not have what it takes to replace the legend of the Batman, the man with no fear of death. So, is the Robin all we deserve? Has he been trained to be the Bat’s successor?

With all the death and destruction crashing at the wake of his disappearance, the Batman has lost many of his true believers. Maybe Mike Engel of GCN was right, and he was never really defending us, but fighting for his own twisted purpose. Thoughts cross the mind as we think of what has happened to our guardian. MCU's Captain Jim Gordon could not be reached for comment.

Louis Tarnidge of WCRX, the Cold Room, remarked, "I think, and nothing could pain me more than to say this... that he's given up. I think the consistent upstart of -- for lack of a better word -- super villains has made him lose hope." He continues, "people like Mike Engel will never change. All Batman seems to have inspired, lately, is an escalation in the scale by which people paint their strokes of evil."

Rupert Thorne, incoming mayor and heroic figurehead of many a Gotham community, is one of the few who still holds faith. "The Batman," he says, "has been very active in this crime wave, and as far as I can tell saved several lives. He is by no means trustworthy... however, due to our current situation, I don't believe it is our first priority to remove someone from the streets who is taking shots off our police." Perhaps Mr. Thorne has yet to recognize that our hero is no longer regularly standing next to our men in blue.

The Batman is missing in action, and it is all too much to bear. Not a week ago, great men said that the night was darkest just before the coming dawn. Gotham, I fear that the dawn has come. The shining light of Gotham has been fatally burned out, and the dark moon, which previously reflected its light upon the criminal element in our city, may have gone as well. To our missing defender: if you are reading this… you took on this responsibility when you became the Batman. If you think you’re done, then you have to think again of all of those still fighting for their beliefs. If that’s too much for you, then maybe you were never fit to don the cape and cowl.

Out of the Sky, Men Abducted By Nick Nash

Witnesses were bedazzled and confused by the aerobatic display

The Gotham Museum of Culture and History has become a media hot spot as of late, as the site of the Catwoman’s theft of the precious Golden Puma and the new home to the countries most aggrandized coin collection. And the trend only continues with a curiously unbelievable kidnapping that took place yesterday.

Eyewitnesses report that three nondescript men exited the museum at about a quarter-after-noon, making their way to their car. As their driver got into his vehicle, one of his companions fell to his knees as the other grabbed at his own neck. As the first man fell immobile, the second turned his attention to the southern area of the parking lot and began sliding over cars to chase for an attacker that was never found; he too then collapsed from an apparent tranquilizing attack.

The driver then seemingly abandoned all hope, starting his car and attempting a quick getaway… before the back of his car literally flipped over the front and collapsed onto the pavement. The enigmatic man known as the Riddler then made his appearance, shooting open the drivers-side window and tranquilizing his new upside-down friend.

And here is where, if not for security-purposed footage, this reporter would stop listening to the witnesses. The man quickly clambered out the passenger side of the car and made a run for the gathering crowd of on-lookers, hoping to lose his attacker. However, the Riddler then crouched low and jumped into the air… and never came down. Propelled by the infamous jet-pack that allowed him to enter, survey, and exit the Thorne/Wayne Fundraiser debacle completely untouched, the Riddler shot through the air with ridiculous speed, dropping atop the man from the sky.

As the pedestrians gasped and slowly moved away from the seemingly dead body, the Riddler pumped a few more darts into his prey, checked his vitals for a satisfactory response, and picked him up. A getaway car loaded with the bodies of the two tranquilized goons then arrived, and the Riddler made his escape.

Police were unable to follow the Riddler’s vehicle, losing them as they weaved through a sea of noontime traffic and evaded active police location. As I arrived on the scene, witnesses were too struck with disbelief at what happened to provide any more detail. If you or someone you know has any more details, please contact the authorities at tips@gcpdmcu.com.

New Hero Takes Flight By Rick Knight

Gotham's newest protector at the site of the L-train bombing, from which he saved just over a half-dozen people.

Over four years ago, as many of you know, now Captain James Gordon helped newly elected District Attorney Harvey Dent keep true to his promises of cleaner streets and a real fight against crime. In what was covered as “District Cleanup,” Dent worked to stamp out street crime from the bottom up, starting out with the weaker gangs before going after the more infamous big dogs.

Terry Gilliam, 19, was one of those youths caught up in the gang scene and caught in any of a series of busts and stings organized by the newly formed MCU. In court, he was found guilty of grand larceny and assault with a deadly weapon, though not guilty of murder in the first degree, for his involvement in a now-defunct street gang. He was incarcerated at Blackgate Penitentiary, and after an initial month of troublemaking, became a model prisoner. He kept to himself and away from prison gangs, worked out, and kept himself occupied by working towards a degree in Sociology. At the age of 22, he was released to early parole for good behavior, and finished his degree at Robinson University.

After completing parole and his education, Terry Gilliam fell from the books and disappeared. Journalistic investigation uncovered that he had been living under the surname McGinnis, working the nightshift at a 7-11 where his manager kept his past confidential, and shared a leased apartment with Tom McAndrews.

As many of you will note, Tom McAndrews was one of the policemen ruthlessly gunned down by the Faraway Tree Killer on what is now known as the Night of Do-As-You-Please, Halloween Night 2008. It is around this time that Gilliam dropped his false identity as Terry McGinnis and was born anew as the Robin, masked vigilante figure and number one ally to the Batman.

Since that time, Robin has been extremely active in the war in the streets, seen often hot on the trails of gang activity or following crime scene investigations from rooftop and shadow. He was reported as a key player of the sting operation that took down Bane the Breaker, apprehended the Joker at the airport to the extent that the clown was forced to retreat, was active in the rescue and care for victims of the collapse of Wayne Tower and the rescue operations at the train explosions and subsequent collapses, and was seen following in chase of the criminals leaving the site of the wicked cult murders at WGN the Cool Breeze.

Robin stands tall as a figure of exactly the kind of development necessary to restore our city to its former glory. A youth taken from a life of crime who found his inner fire, harbored it, and now puts it to use fighting criminals and putting evil-doers behind bars. I know I am not the only one who wishes him well and hopes that he continues to fight for what is right.

Failed Bombing Investigated by MCU By Tom Tucker

A beat cop probes the area for possible suspects after MCU leaves

In the early evening, yet another bombing rocked the streets of Gotham City.

This one, oddly enough, caming from our sewers, the very infrastructure of our once-great metropolis. The unusual aspect of this is the random nature of the attack. It took place in the northern tip of the dark blue district, where the bomber appears to have gained access through one of the storm drains running off into the river. One incidental casualty was reported -- a pop of methane gas apparently sent a manhole cover spinning, and it cracked the skull of a girl, aged eleven, whose name could not be released for press-time.

One is baffled by such an attack. Was the intent to crumble our streets from beneath? Apparently luck would be all that should save the denizens of the area of horrible fate -- the bomb simply appears to have been too weak to cause a proper cave-in. But even so, the bombing stands as a kind of ellipse in a strange period, wherein Gotham discovered the horrible reality of the term "supervillain".

Although no landmark of note sits within sight of the area, one of our now world-reknowned psychopaths has still marked his territory, as though to show that destruction and chaos need not make headlines so long as they are happening. To show that none are safe, even those far clear from the bustling skyscrapers of downtown or the trickling slums of Crime Alley.

The identity of the bomber has yet to be exposed, however, MCU SWAT members were recorded by our field personnel with large bags of both some kind of residual sample and copper shards.

Stay safe, Gotham.

Gargoyles Ready to Test Their Mettle

Coach Kevin Iota watches with a smirk as placekicker Rockin Role nails a 46-yard field goal at practice

As things kick into high gear in practice, the Gargoyles thinking Superbowl this year, there's no question that there is one last mountain to face in playoff football during that journey. The Pats -- they're coming.

In the face of heavy pressure, head coach Kevin Iota says he's already etching his name into the side of the cup. When asked for the secret to his confidence and coaching, he responded as such: "I keep it simple. A few words. I feel good. I feel bad. Work on your blocks. My guys respond to that. Football responds to that."

Asked about the rival Patriots coming to our underdog town, Iota refused to offer even a slight tip of the hat as to what he had in store for the Pats.

"All I'm gonna say is we'll see ya. This is Gotham's year."

Despite all his tough talk, tomorrow the Gargoyles will be facing their toughest opponents yet this season in New England's dynamite Patriots. The Patriots have been undefeated so far this season and all the Vegas odds makers are predicting another win for them.

Although the Gargoyles are coming off some fresh victories, the Patriots have trampled everything in their path. Although things may seem grim for the Gargoyles it is sure to be one of the most intense games of the season, and tickets are nearly sold out.

Today's Population: 5,596,975

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
20:00

GOTHAM TONIGHT

ENGEL: "Gotham, it seems something terrifying is sweeping upon us, and it has started with the nation's most anticipated football game of the year.

We're joined today by field reporter Brianne Mader, who is on the scene."

It cuts away to an attractive redheaded female, who faces the screen. She looks scared, and speaks over the evening wind with a slight Oxford accent.

MADER: "Michael, I'm standing outside the Gargoyles' stadium where, apparently, a horrible riot has broken out for no apparent reason. Police are unwilling to provide details, and are keeping a tight perimeter. Apparently things are getting violent. Very violent."

You see Robin in the background, walking through an exit with a determined manner. A man runs up to him and tries to punch him. Robin catches the man's arm and thumps him on his back, and he is quickly detained by police as Robin moves away. Brianne runs up to him.

MADER: "ROBIN! Robin! What's going ON in there!"

She holds the mic up to him.

ROBIN: "Erm... well, the people inside are acting crazy. They look all scared for some reason. I took out the problem anyhow, so they should calm down eventually."

He looks around.

ROBIN: "I think I'll let the police handle things from here."

He starts to circle around to the front, fighting the occasional attacker, and saving cops that are swamped in the brawl. Brianne turns back to us.

MADER: "There you have it. Deadly riots, but why? What's the cause? Who stands to gain by such madn-- HEY! GET AWAY FROM HIM!"

The camera suddenly shakes, and clatters on the ground. We see Mader fall down, then scramble away as something destroys the camera and our view explodes.

Engel shakes his head, back in the newsroom.

ENGEL: "Horrifying. And I pose this question to you, Gotham -- to all you former believers. Where's your Batman NOW?

Be heard, Gotham."

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gotham Gazette November 8th, 2008

Reemergence of Justice By Vicki Vale

A remarkable photograph snapped by one of Gotham's Finest, showing the Batman doing what he does best, perched atop Knights Center to survey the chaos

As you are all well aware, a violent riot broke out at the Knights Center football stadium yesterday, involving players, spectators, security, and everyone inside the complex. Victims jumped from stadium seats to their deaths as ordinary people began savagely ripping each other apart with crazed fury. The vigilante figure Robin showed up immediately to help control the rioters until the GCPD riot squads and emergency response teams arrived.

The situation was becoming almost manageable until the maniacal Joker arrived and literally tore the place wide open. He and his men gunned down a large number of riot cops at the southern exit of the Knights Center, fanning the flames and allowing the fiery riot to burst out of the dome and spread into the parking lot.

Streets were wrecked and storefronts were looted. Local apartment complexes were set on fire. The Joker even broke a large number of grizzly bears out from their habitats in the Gotham City Zoo, provoked them, and let them loose among the panic and fire.

As all hell broke loose, the situation primed to take a turn for the worse… until the Batman seemingly materialized from the parking lot in the Batmobile. After his days-long absence from the streets, the troublemakers and drug crazed rioters literally stared at him in disbelief as he fired tear gas into the south entrance of the Center. As the crazies scurried away from the area, the Batman fired a sort of missile at the entrance, which broke open and sealed the opening. As the rioters moved towards his vehicle, attackers and the few riot cops left all fell to their knees amid a horrible high-pitched screech. The vigilante then fired white gas pellets in all four corners of the vicinity before driving around them and heading south.

As he made his way through the riot’s scatter pattern, the Batman took to the streets with precision and began to dissolve the hopelessly violent and uncontrollable situation. As he weaved through crowded and fiery intersections, he subdued rioters with nets and knockout gas pellets, and successfully calmed, tranquilized, and moved to safety the bears that had been let loose into the streets.

After disappearing from sight and report for moments, the Batman was next spotted flooring it back to the parking lot of the Knights Center. Eyewitnesses report that as he swung around the south side of the building, he ejected from the batmobile hundreds of feet into the air, swooping into the stadium and disappearing from sight.

Like clockwork, the dark knight dove into the chaotic and now camera-blind area. After a few minutes of radio silence, calmed reports from the GCPD noted that all of the rioters in the stadium ceased their attacks and passed out. Five to ten more minutes later, the Batman thumped down from the air to the cops who were outside investigating the batmobile. One anonymous officer cites that as he moved in to arrest the vigilante for his outstanding warrant for vigilante activity, he realized that the Batman truly was the only thing that could stop this situation. As each of the officers all agreed with solemnity to step aside and allow the man to continue his courageous work, the Batman told them it was safe to go into the building with gas masks.

The same cop, who asked to remain anonymous, stated that the tens of thousands of rioters who had been wrecking the area only moments before were all passed out - every single one of them. Amid those who had violently ended their own lives or crippled or killed one another, all those who had been touched by the Bat were non-lethally subdued with staggering precision. Looking upon the image of athletes and sports fans alike, lying ripped apart at each other’s hands, the officer stated, “I don’t care what the situation is. I will never, ever arrest the Batman.”

The vigilante was next spotted moving west, lobbing gas grenades into groups of rioters and netting outliers who had moved towards endangered citizens. He reached the Westforest Shopping Center, which was being ravaged by a cluster of provoked and enraged bears – a cluster that was quickly and painlessly scattered by the high-pitched frequency and then covered in restricting cables. When one bear escaped and ran into an alley, Batman ejected onto the roof; Animal Control later found the bear in the alley, hit with some kind of powerful tranquilizer.

Only a few blocks north, the Batmobile was then sighted zooming into a parking garage and then launching onto the roof of an apartment building that had been set on fire, reportedly by the Joker. After loading up the survivors trapped on the roof of the building, he launched back onto the parking garage and let them out… making a second run for a young boy stuck beyond a window in the middle of the complex.

Authorities later noticed the smoldering East Bay Medical Center – the first floor fire that caused all of the damage was already put out before the GCPD were even told that the building was on fire, a discrepancy caused by the mass hysteria and flooded emergency lines.

Roughly twenty minutes after discovering the EBMC fire existed and was put out, the Port Adams Yacht Club mentioned a deranged looking man shuffling down the pier toward them. As the drugged man made his way towards them, the Batman suddenly swept down and tackled him into the darkness, and neither one was seen again.

As Batman was seen quickly navigating through the streets to tie up a final bear-related end, a giant man leapt onto the hood of the batmobile. When the Batman kicked the vehicle into reverse and the man lost his grip and slid off of the car, witnesses were able to recognize the drugged and crazed man as Bruce Ironstaunch, Gotham’s most renowned athlete, normally known almost as well for his generosity and golden heart as he is his tenacity on the field.

After a rough period of seeming inactivity, the Batman returned on a hellish night and flat-out proved that he owns fear. The cities own dark symbol of vigilance and justice arose and conquered the best that the fear mongers could lay out. Although the situation is grim, the tide was tremendously turned for the better and a horrible disaster was averted – if a single crazed lunatic had made it to a lively club or crowded place, the results would have been catastrophic.

Putting aside the looming questions of why he was gone, Gothamites in unison are thankful that he appeared when he did. Is he here to stay? Was he injured? Who was responsible for the attacks? Many questions loom the day after the horrible incident, but the constant that once disappeared from the equation has once again emerged… and I would hate to be a criminal right about now.

Commanding Chaos By Roger Mortimer

The nation's worst recorded riots, another of Gotham's recent sinister records, in action, as the merciless and unshakable horde set fires to buildings and brutally attacked civilians - and each other.

In what is one of the worst terrorist attacks in history, a strange “mad gas” was leaked into Gotham Stadium yesterday, causing the thousands in the stadium to go violently mad. The rioters were contained in the stadium by the police, until the apparent all knowing Joker showed up and joined in, letting the rioters out and into the city, ultimately causing a death toll tallying in the thousands until it was suppressed.

The game was going fine, the packed stadium filled with fans anticipating the long awaited game between the Gargoyles and the Patriots, when suddenly, and unexplainably, the misters came on. Out of the misters came the strange gas, and soon the confused state was replaced by complete chaos. Police arrived soon and blocked off the stadium, holding back the thousands of crazed spectators and fans. Terry Gilliam, also known as Robin, showed up, and helped the police keep the spectators inside before entering the stadium himself. The Ruffian also showed up, and informed the cops they had to open up the Dome. However, the cops couldn’t make it inside, and were forced to simply hold the rioters back. While it looked like the chaos might be restrained, a car pulled up to the police barricade, and was quickly exited by the Joker and henchmen.

“Why do you fight? Madness is like gravity, all you need is a little push!” the Joker shouted, according to eye witnesses, before giving them that push and opening fire on the brave men and women holding back the tide of chaos. As the police tried to fight back the Joker, the rioters broke the police chain, killing cops and escaping into the city. The Joker continued on until the Cops had to retreat, letting the rioters free into the city.

It was at this time when the Ruffian apparently entered the stadium, as did the Joker. What happened inside is a mystery, but shortly after the Ruffian entered the dome opened up, and the Joker left again.

The rioters, however, attacked and burned through the city, slaughtering thousands in a brutal orgy of violence. Fires were started by the rioters, and men and women were butchered. Officers tried to arrest all they could, but the Joker continued on, leading the rioters as if they were his children, killing cops and freeing any of the crazed people if they were caught. The Joker even took part in the chaos, as the few witnesses that saw him and called in for his position saw him lighting tanks at gas stations, creating explosions and fires. After which, the Joker went for the East Bay Medical Center, which was being defended by cops as the wounded from the attack poured in. The Joker again showed his way through, letting the rioters in, then set the place on fire before leaving, and lighting an apartment complex farther away from the chaos on fire. Witnesses for what happened next are sketchy, but there are some claims that the Joker then visited the zoo after this, which would make sense as soon afterwards there were reports of bears wandering the streets.

The riots continued until Batman made his triumphant return, which is detailed in Vale’s article.

Rays of Light Amongst Shadows By Stanton Kiel

Above, Left: Bruce Wayne offers a dashing smile at the Wayne-Thorne relief fundraiser for families affected by the 11-2 bombings.
Above, Right: A young Melvin Taransky with then-girlfriend Norah Dickens, enjoying a Nevada holiday in 1997. Photo courtesy of Dr. Taransky's attorney.

Recent times in Gotham bring to mind some words by author Ursula K. LeGuin: "Light is the left hand of darkness / and darkness the right hand of light." Though calamities befall our city more countless than snowflakes, Gotham is also home to some of the brightest figures in the world.

Yesterday Bruce Wayne called for a shareholder's meeting at Phoenix Pharmaceuticals, which he recently purchased a large share of. He announced a bid to fund the controversial but allegedly miraculous research of Dr. Melvin Taransky, going so far as to imply threats of hostile takeover of Phoenix Pharmaceuticals if the motion was not passed. Wayne offered to front most of the money with Phoenix's shareholders filling in the rest.

Wayne also wanted the second largest largest slice of Taransky's patents from the research, the largest belonging to Taransky himself, and not to Phoenix. After a palpably tense vote, CEO Ronald Phoenix was the last to vote 'yes' and the motion passed.

Mr. Phoenix has come under fire recently for the firing of Dr. Taransky. When asked to comment, Mr. Phoenix stated, ""Mr. Wayne mentioned an interesting business possibility that my company may have let slip beneath its sales at some point, and I'm glad to say we're behind Dr. Taransky to one hundred percent, hoping to put the entire altercation behind us."

I was able to get full interviews with Mr. Wayne and Dr. Taransky, both of whom were struck by tragedy in their lives and have resolved to tirelessly make the world a better place.

KIEL: "So, is there anything you'd like to say about your recent dealings with Phoenix and the research of Dr. Taransky?"
WAYNE: "Yes, we're very excited about the potential for Dr. Taransky's research. Obviously, since the 11-2 attacks, Wayne Enterprises has been evaluating our role in the world, and the services we can provide both to our employees and the global community. After all, a service is just that - serving. Too many companies forget that, with Phoenix Pharmaceuticals being an example when they canceled Dr. Taransky's research. Wayne Enterprises performed some research of our own on Dr. Taransky's proposal, and after some due diligence, approached the PPh board."
KIEL: "I heard that you want Taransky to be the majority holder of his patents, is that true? If so, that's quite generous of you. Normally researchers don't get to keep their own patents when being so heavily funded, or employed, by a corporation."
WAYNE: "The circumstances surrounding Dr. Taransky play a part in that. I feel they highlight a lot of the problems facing the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. We're squashing individual innovation in order to remarket Acetamenephin a dozen ways. I feel I should point out we aren't being completely altruistic. Both PPh and Wayne Enterprises have a responsibility towards our shareholders. And a financially succesful PPh means more innovations in the future. But, we need to fix the problem. If Alexander fleming were working under today's conditions, we'd never see penicilin. Giving inventors the majority stake will hopefully bring about that change, and save a lot of lives in the process."
KIEL: "Indeed, I can tell you're rather serious about your proposal? You even implied the possibility of a takeover of Phoenix Pharmaceuticals if they did not pass your proposal about Dr. Taransky's research? How did that play out?"
WAYNE: "Thankfully, it didn't come to that. There is already a public relations thunderstorm around PPh canceling Dr. Taransky's research. They recognized that doing anything but the Right Thing would be the end of the company."
KIEL: "Is it true that Phoenix himself was the last to vote for the proposal?"
WAYNE: "I'm afraid that would be confidential. If Mr. Phoenix wishes the public to know his vote, he can answer that himself."
KIEL: "Of course. Do you have any other plans with Phoenix Pharmaceuticals?"
WAYNE: "There's a small division dedicated to researching Swine Flu. At the moment we're not sure it will ever come in handy - Swine Flu is very mild - but these days, you never know. We're looking into it."
KIEL: "I see. On a general note, how is Wayne Enterprises doing? Of course there is all the rebuilding that must be done from the terrible attacks. But earlier you mentioned re-evalutation the services Wayne Enterprises can do for the world. Have you come up with other plans yet? How do you think your company will handle balancing this altruism while maintaining integrity toward its shareholders?"
WAYNE: "Wayne Enterprises is rigorously reevaluating how to position ourselves in this changed world. These steps taken with Phoenix Pharmaceuticals are just an initial, small step. I can't speak to our other plans now, other than to say that they exist, and that it will take more than a few men in masks and makeup to stop them."
KIEL: "Your determination is reassuring. Thanks a lot for your valuable time, Mr. Wayne."

KIEL: "Would you like to offer a comment on the recent proposal that passed at Phoenix Pharamceuticals to fund your research?"
TARANSKY: "Though I have trust issues with Phoenix Pharamceuticals because of the way they treated me in the past, it is great to see money being put towards my research. I am gladly accepting their funds, and will do the best I can to rid the world of cancer."
KIEL: "I'm sure your research is a huge undertaking and all the world is anticipating your success. But it is common for 'miracle cures' to be announced prematurely, or to have their possible effecitiveness exaggerated for the sake of publicity. What do you think the chances relaly are for your success, and what degree of success are your predicitng for your research?"
TARANSKY: "Well, my treatment isn't like any of your generic medicines and treatments. It has been specifically designed to eradicate a wide array of malicious organisms. My method has already been successful in curing my wife of tuberculosis, a once believed to be incurable disease. In addition, my wife and I are healthier than the average person and more fit than ever. This just gives furher evidence to the claim the possibility that my treatment will be able to conquer most sicknesses, including cancer. All the hypothetical research has been done, and the chances of my treatment being successful is very high. But my words only mean so much. People expect results, and with this funding I will be able to deliver them."
KIEL: "Then that sounds even more promising that most people were hoping for. I know it is immensely complicated, but do you have a guess as to how long it will take you to deliver real results?"
TARANSKY: "Well most of the research is done, but there is still an immense amount of testing to be done. Complications may also arise, so there is no telling how long it'll take. But rest assured that I will work hard to make this happen."
KIEL: "Well then, the best of luck to you. What was it that led you to your breakthrough?"
TARANSKY: "As I explained in an earlier interview, it was mainly my wife's condition that motivated me to go to such lengths to find a cure."
KIEL: "Ah yes. On a lighter note, how does this funding affect you personally? No doubt a genius like yourself is buried in his work, but this must be a time of great joy for you, curing your wife, getting funding, being able to even retain the patents on your research. But do you also feel a lot of pressure now? Or something else?"
TARANSKY: "I do feel much happier now. The fact that my wife is alive and well means everything to me. However I do feel a good deal of regret. Some of the things I did or attempted to do, in order to heal my wife, were wrong. I wish I would have accomplished this same result using different, more respectable ways."
KIEL: "Oh? Do you want to be on record saying that?"
KIEL: "Or were you just referring to... your attempts to raise funding? I'm sure everyone can come to understand what you were doing there, and, well, I think we're all behind you now, Doctor."
TARANSKY: "That's good to hear."
KIEL: "I don't think anyone can begrudge you plenty of time with your newly cured wife, even with a potential cure for major diseases depending on you."
TARANSKY: "That is also good to hear, but I will also be working tirelessly to present my treatment to the public. It will be a way for me to make up for any pain I may have caused."
KIEL: "Well doctor, I have to say, it's been an honour to talk with you. I hope there will be children growing up today who will be reading about your success in history books."
TARANSKY: "Thank you for your time."

Though Gotham is burdened with many struggles, it brings hope to know that such work is being done in our city. But it raises the chilling question: Is Gotham City the proper home for this research? With so much hope riding on him, is Dr. Taransky safe in the same city infested with the likes of The Black Mask and The Joker? Are all the security measures that need to be taken to protect such valuable research in our city worth our pride? Or should Taransky move somewhere safer, regardless of the 'message' it sends to murderers, terrorists and anarchists? I say we let them think they've won. If Dr. Taransky's research can be completed safely, it is worth our city's pride.

Editor's Note: Check out Stanton Kiel's full log of the interviews, printed in the most recent Time magazine!

R

Robin_

Ruffian, come over to the Robinson Park in the park. I will be waiting for you.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

"Welcome back to WCRX, the Cold Room. I'm your host, Louis Tarnidge.

GCPD is presently investigating what looks like a hoax bomb threat at Gotham International early this morning. A source says that a scrambled voice called in to the main terminal, threatening the bustling air center with devastation, and prompting customs officials and airport security to usher a quick evacuation, with the immediate takeoff of all flights presently fueling up or otherwise on the verge of takeoff.

Of note, several people say that they saw a man in a monk's robe, with wild black hair, zip between the police blockade and away from the scene. His involvement, if any, remains unknown, though it is of note that the police elected not to fire upon him.

Police have also been tight-lipped about what appears to be a daring midday gang war. Shots and small explosions were reported by citizens living in the Nile Avenue area, suggesting a warehouse already condemned by the city as the source. By the time press officials were able to get on scene, they found a wall of police officers keeping them from getting anywhere near the warehouse, which is conveniently ringed by a tall brick wall.

The few that have been able to get a vantage point via binoculars and the like have cited only being able to see a great deal of corpses, and several signs of destruction, including shell casings and a blown-inward gate that apparently completed the fencing off of the property before SWAT vans took up this mantle.

The sights and smells of crime in our city are coming to a violent peak. Be heard, Gotham. Your weapon is your voice, and your kindle are your opinions."

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Gotham Gazette November 9th, 2008

Hush -- Silenced By Stanton Kiel

The Aparo Expressway, barricaded from traffic during the battle

Late last night there were reports of gunshots in the Dark Blue District, with the suspect driving a DeLorean, the same rare vehicle reportedly seen at an incident a few days prior where the dangerous men known as Hush and The Ruffian were spotted at an apartment.

The car was spotted by a helicopter entering a bridge. Then, as if out of nowhere, the Batmobile charged in from the other entrance of the bridge. Both vehicles accelerated directly at each other. A split second before they would collide, the Batmobile fired spiked cables into the DeLorean then somehow boosted up and soared over the oncoming car. The attached cables caused the Delorean to flip as the Batmobile flew past it. Hush tumbled out of the awesome and cool door of the DeLorean as it flipped.

The Batmobile detached its cables from the Delorean and spun around to face Hush on the bridge. Hush had drawn guns and commenced firing on the Batmobile. Hush dodged cables and gas fired from the Batmobile, but after it become clear bullets had no effect on the Batmobile, Hush tried to jump off the bridge. The Batmobile sprayed a large amount of smoke at Hush, then Batman ejected and fired a grappling hook at Hush but missed.

Hush swug down onto a support beam of the bridge, then slid down and landed on a joint. Batman chased him and both men were hard to see in that position, but it was clear the fight was continuing as there was plenty of gunfire and shadows jumping. After some moments of that, Batman seemed to freeze Hush with some kind of freeze ray, but Hush broke free from the ice. It was then that Batman swung back up onto the bridge and he too was covered with ice.

Hush dove into the water as police helicopters began circling the river. Batman got back into the Batmobile, reattached the cables to Hush's vehicle, then dragged it toward the mainland where it stopped just in front of the police barricade, as a gift of evidence.

Batman the exited his vehicle again and swooped over to the other side of the river, where he landed above a storm drain. A person could barely be seen clambering out of the drain, and Batman again used his freeze ray. This time, a sopping wet Hush was immobilized by the ice. Batman broke open the ice covering Hush's face, then the police stood by for a few minutes while Batman waited for Hush to thaw out enough to be handcuffed.

It was the then Batman unmasked Hush, however onlookers could not see his face. Batman then tossed Hush inside the Batmobile--which seemed to be operated by remote--along with some kind of pellet. He then left with the suspect, which is a rare move for Batman as he is known to normally leave suspects to be taken in by police. Batman and Hush's whereabouts are currently unknown, and police claim that they do not have Hush in custody at this time.

One Last Night of Do-As-You-Pleased By Roger Mortimer

A close-up view from the taxicab Ducard stole during his chase.

It was a night of “do-as-you-please” with consequences last night as the Faraway Tree Killer, real name Henri Ducard, lost a brutal standoff with the police and vigilantes, ending with the police cuffing Ducard and taking him away. The fight ended with the death of several cops and an innocent bystander, and was witnessed by dozens as they showed up to catch a glimpse of Robin and the Ruffian due to the public nature of their supposed meeting.

After Robin made the public announcement of his meeting with the mysterious Ruffian, dozens of citizens showed up at Robinson Park in the hopes of catching a glimpse of either of them. As they waited, a man pulled up in a black Cadillac and called over Dorian Webb, age 19, and asked him if he had seen Robin. When Dorian eagerly said that he hadn’t yet, but was waiting for it, the man, now identified as Henri Ducard, replied with a “thanks anyways” and shot the man in the head, making Dorian deader than shit. Ducard immediately tried to drive off, but Robin suddenly revealed himself from the skyline, dropping down on top of the Cadillac. As Ducard floored it forward, Robin lost his footing and almost fell off, but at the last moment managed to grab hold of the side of the Cadillac and hold on. Ducard leaned out and fired at Robin, who barely managed to dodge the bullets as the car whipped about the alley. Robin popped a tire with a batarang, and then managed to get back on top and spray an oily substance on the windshield, making it impossible for Ducard to navigate. Ducard dives out and continues firing at Robin, who ducks behind the car and tosses something inside it that emitted white smoke. After the incident police found two men in the car, their identities currently unknown, but one is known to have been with Ducard when he killed mob lawyer Ricky Rike.

Ducard came back out of the alley, firing at Robin, but then they both heard the SWAT siren. Ducard again stole a car and tried to flee, but Robin again sprayed tar on the windshield, causing Ducard to one again leave on foot through an alley. Robin flew up to the rooftops, and then as Ducard was running dropped down and kicked him in the back, sending the Faraway Tree Killer flying. Lt. James Gordon then appeared, running after Ducard, readying tear gas and his gun.

But suddenly they heard a motorcycle, and someone wearing a black Monk’s robe suddenly drove into the alley, ramming Ducard with the bike. Police swarm Ducard, who picks himself up and shoots them off, killing several cops. He continued running, but again the police swarm him, this time disarming him. Ducard fought back like a savage, kicking and punching the police away from him, but the numbers beat him and he gets pushed down. Ducard pulled out a flashbang, but Robin suddenly kicked it away, and gave Ducard a final blow on top of the head with a Bo staff. Gordon came up and placed a gun to Ducard’s head, telling him to stop moving.

The man in the Monk’s robe, whose name is unknown, invited Robin to jump on his bike. Gordon told them to freeze, but Robin jumped on anyways and they drove off. The police shot out the back tires of the motorcycle, which kept on driving. They followed, and found the motorcycle abandoned in the middle of fog.

This mysterious Monk was also seen earlier in the day during an apparently false bomb threat at the airport. The Monk drove past the police barricade and searched the bottom of the planes from his motorcycle, before telling the police there was no bomb and leaving, without the police stopping him. If you have any information on this man, please call the local police department or the offices of the Gotham Times.
Despite the bloody nature of the night, it is a relief that Ducard is behind bars, and will hopefully stay that way for a long, long time.

Court of Blood By Alexander Knox

An arson detective moves through the rubble left by the still unexplained explosion.

The Gotham City Courthouse was transformed into a crime scene yesterday with the death of Gotham City crimelord Carmine Falcone. Falcone was brought in as a suspect on charges of kidnapping, torture and murder, all stemming from the attack on District Attorney Harvey Dent and his wife which occurred only days ago – an attack which resulted in Gilda Dent's death. Seemingly in response, Falcone was arrested in a perfectly planned bust led by Lieutenant James Gordon.

Unfortunately, after his arrest, it seems that nothing else went as planned. Falcone, along with his lawyer, the famed defense attorney Sebastian Stark, met with DA Harvey Dent and Assistant DA Rachel Dawes in an attempt to reach a plea agreement.

The meeting ended with Falcone and Stark dead, Dawes unconscious, Dent missing, and a large hole blown through the roof of the hallway outside. Police have repeatedly refused requests for comment on the situation, so Gotham is left guessing as to exactly what happened inside the room. However, anonymous employees at the courthouse speculate that our DA may no longer be interested in serving justice. One can only hope these to be sensationalized claims, ones drawn through the imagination and from thin air.

A Deposit of Death By Tom Tucker

The interior of Gotham's "People Bank", after cleansing

The tragic case of Gotham's "People Bank" may have a small enough death toll to be pushed near the rear of today's headlines, but the gruesome nature of its robbery must not go escaped by the common Gothamite.

Early yesterday morning, as discovered later through video surveillance, the bank was stormed by none other than Antonio Marcos -- Bane. It is uncertain how Marcos was able to re-enter this country, and Gotham City's District Attorney's office assured us when contacted that Marcos's Santa Priscan passport had been flagged. But what matters is now how Marcos performed his deed, but the deed itself.

Without warning, Marcos burst in through the front doors, rolling diversionary smoke canisters in every direction. The rest of the footage is a fog of men being tossed from the clouds, blood draining from any part of their body that would contain it. Evidently, as his control over the bank became absolute, Marcos's methods became increasingly violent.

One man suffered the fate of having the behemoth stand upon his feet and pull on his head hard enough to rip his head clean off of his body, also causing severe spinal trauma. The bank's manager was found in his office, where he'd apparently tried to dial for assistance on dead phone lines. A damaged wall was found opposite his desk, and both his arms and legs were ripped from his body before his face was stomped. Marcos then proceeded to go back through the entire bank to ensure all had perished.

The estimated value of the monies stolen totals roughly thirty-five million dollars out of the pockets Gotham's citizens. Few things are certain in these dark times for our city, but if one thing is clear, it is that monsters like this Bane of our great metropolis must be stopped -- at any cost.

Today's Population: 5,590,125

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
Just, calling in to inform you that I recently left Gotham a present in Robinson Park.

Take it as a gesture of good...will

Henri Ducard

Captured
Good day, Gotham. It's Henri Ducard, or the Faraway Tree Killer, as you like to call me. I have earned a phone call to make, so why not talk to everyone?

First off, I'm not staying. Somebody should break me out. If you do, you have my word that I'll work on your behalf.

I'd like to give a few shout outs.

Batman, you need to change your methods. Why not use a gun? If you did, most of your enemies would be done with by now. You could've shot Joker, but he got away, and the same could be said about your encounters with me and Catwoman. Just shoot the enemy next time, it'll make for better results. I don't expect you to man up anytime soon though.

Same goes for Gordon. Why didn't you kill me? I had been forced out a car, kicked in the back, rammed with a motorcycle, shot in the legs with rubber bullets, hit with a bo staff, shot in the back with rubber bullets, then dogpiled by 7 SWAT vans. That's the perfect way to give a humiliating execution, but you opted to try and look like a badass with a gun to my head and back down. Your hesitation is foolish and weak.

Robin can't fight. The news makes it like you flew up on the rooftops to watch me, but we both know it was just you panicking when I nearly shot you in the face. I like how you set up the whole situation though, you hide, wait for the SWAT, then kick me in the back so your lover can ram me with a motorcycle. When you tried to actually do something, it was nothing but a whiffle bat punch to the face while I was surrounded. Good show!

And no, I don't regret shooting your friend. If I had known he had anything to do with you, I would've chopped him up and force the body chunks down your throat while pushing my baretta to your neck while you gagged, then slice open your stomach to let you watch the pieces of your friend pour out. I hope we run into each other again.

Falcone was an idiot. He tried to make too many friends with too little conditions.

The Joker is an admirable man. So is Black Mask.

I voted for Rupert Thorne. Don't regret it.

Wrath, were you the one arrested for cop killing? Good man.

Penny Plunderer is a tool.

Finally, Hush. You tried to assassinate me the first time we encountered each other, but failed. If we cross paths again, you have my word that I'll give you good reason to wear those bandages on your face.

Everybody has a week (irl) to break me out. Otherwise, I'm killing as many cops as I can, and if escape becomes impossible, then I'll shoot myself dead. I'll just get a cop to swing at me and take his gun. Have fun.

The Nights of Do-As-You-Please shall not end.

R

Rupert Thorne

So Hush has been taken prisoner by the Batman, an interesting development indeed. His vigilante antics have proven helpful, but if he is now taking captives that causes a farther sense of alarm.

It is good to hear of the capture of Ducard. Having him behind bars takes away one of our biggest threats.

Falcone's death is bad news. Very bad. Not because he is off the streets, but because his death opens a power vacuum in the districts of the city he held power in. I encourage everyone in these districts to keep your eyes peeled and watch your backs. I know this kind of situation is not as bad as that posed by the Joker and his like, but it will still be very dangerous in this time.

Gotham, the criminals are beginning to fall one by one. Thanks to men like Jim Gordon, our streets are beginning to be safer. I ensure you I will do my best to keep this pattern going, and before long we will see the sun peaking over the horizon.

Catwoman

Meow!
Your ignorance of organized crime is cute, Mayor elect, but I assure you that there is no such power vacuum left by the Don's passing. You should know that a man of the Roman's influence and intellect would have left Gotham, his empire, with a suitable leader.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer

It's a morning of Hell for Gotham, as more prominent souls are laid to a premature rest by forces of great power and malevolence.

You're with Louis Tarnidge, this morning on WCRX, The Cold Room, and I have an unusual mix of news.

Shortly after five-thirty this morning, students at the nearby Robinson University and early morning hikers at Robinson Park were treated to a grisly display.

Those that read of the most recent Bane incident can breath a sigh of bittersweet victory -- it appears that Antonio Marcos, whom was deported from our floundering city none too long ago, had a short-sighted return to Gotham City. He was found in the middle of the park, apparently shot repeatedly in the face with a high caliber weapon until his head quite literally fell apart.

A far more grisly and baffling monolith was raised nearer to the reservoir -- a cross. By itself a religious icon that brings hope and prayer to millions worldwide, but apparently something far more sinister. The newly erected monlith, upon close inspection, was stained by blood, fiery ash, and the horrible smell of burned human flesh. I can only speculate as to who was laid upon there, but they are most assuredly quite dead, or wishing it so.

Though I am glad to be rid of Marcos, I would have preferred methods without such irreversible permanence. And as for the cross, if we are to assume that the Joker was involved, I am almost afraid to find out whom he had erected there. But the good people of Gotham deserve to know.

If you have an information on either of these incidents, please feel free to call you local police precinct... and then, please call us. Your voice is your weapon, Gotham. Your voice is your shield.

P

Penny Plunderer

Good day, Gotham. It's Henri Ducard, or the Faraway Tree Killer, as you like to call me. I have earned a phone call to make, so why not talk to everyone?

First off, I'm not staying. Somebody should break me out. If you do, you have my word that I'll work on your behalf.

I'd like to give a few shout outs.

Batman, you need to change your methods. Why not use a gun? If you did, most of your enemies would be done with by now. You could've shot Joker, but he got away, and the same could be said about your encounters with me and Catwoman. Just shoot the enemy next time, it'll make for better results. I don't expect you to man up anytime soon though.

Same goes for Gordon. Why didn't you kill me? I had been forced out a car, kicked in the back, rammed with a motorcycle, shot in the legs with rubber bullets, hit with a bo staff, shot in the back with rubber bullets, then dogpiled by 7 SWAT vans. That's the perfect way to give a humiliating execution, but you opted to try and look like a badass with a gun to my head and back down. Your hesitation is foolish and weak.

Robin can't fight. The news makes it like you flew up on the rooftops to watch me, but we both know it was just you panicking when I nearly shot you in the face. I like how you set up the whole situation though, you hide, wait for the SWAT, then kick me in the back so your lover can ram me with a motorcycle. When you tried to actually do something, it was nothing but a whiffle bat punch to the face while I was surrounded. Good show!

And no, I don't regret shooting your friend. If I had known he had anything to do with you, I would've chopped him up and force the body chunks down your throat while pushing my baretta to your neck while you gagged, then slice open your stomach to let you watch the pieces of your friend pour out. I hope we run into each other again.

Falcone was an idiot. He tried to make too many friends with too little conditions.

The Joker is an admirable man. So is Black Mask.

I voted for Rupert Thorne. Don't regret it.

Wrath, were you the one arrested for cop killing? Good man.

Penny Plunderer is a tool.

Finally, Hush. You tried to assassinate me the first time we encountered each other, but failed. If we cross paths again, you have my word that I'll give you good reason to wear those bandages on your face.

Everybody has a week (irl) to break me out. Otherwise, I'm killing as many cops as I can, and if escape becomes impossible, then I'll shoot myself dead. I'll just get a cop to swing at me and take his gun. Have fun.

The Nights of Do-As-You-Please shall not end.
Frenchy, quit yer *****in'. You're obviously pissed that you got arrested and your *** handed to by Robin. If you should be angry at anybody, then it should be at yourself. You were the one who acted like a ******* by looking for Robin at the Park and you got him...and your *** kicked by him. Kinda reminds me a little bit of what the Joker did to Killer Croc. But now you're just wanting one of us to bust you out and then you'll probably kill us right after we set you free. How Frenchy of you to do something like. And I can't help but laugh at how you're basically sucking everybody's ****, especially Wrath's, Joker's, and Black Mask's. Catwoman's probably jealous is your **** sucking abilities. Just kidding, Catwoman, we all know you're the best at sucking ***** here. But don't worry Ducard, the inmates will definitely enjoy your **** sucking and taking abilities. So you'll fit right at home. Although I doubt none of the inmates would want to nibble on your French fry.

As for the capture of Hush, there must be a good reason for the Batman to bring Hush along side him. Otherwise he would've left Hush wrapped up like a X-Mas gift for the fuzz. He did to Croc and Freeze, so why not Hush? Perhaps Hush is a friend of the Batman's? If so, then this could be another piece to the puzzle to the Batman's identity.

Henri Ducard

Captured
So I say that I have one phone call to make, and you take the opportunity to insult me when you'd assume I wouldn't be able to say anything back. Big man. The phone hasn't been taken away yet, though.

Did you not hear what I said? The situation was Ducard vs. Robin, Monk Robe, Gordon, and 7 SWAT vans, yet you act like Robin did all the work just so you can sound big over the radio. The only thing he did was force me out the car then wait for his friends to back him up.

And no, I'm not going to kill whoever breaks me out. I'm going to work for them. Besides, if they're worried about that, they'll obviously take any weapons I have away from me.

I like how you say I'm kissing up to people when I just threatened 2 of them, and a few of the people I named know I'd kill them if I saw them. I'm complimenting people who deserve it. Wrath has killed cops, Joker and Black Mask have killed hundreds if not thousands of people. I like that.

And I already implied I'm going to kill inmates. Simply trying too hard there.

Boring reaction. I haven't had any interaction with you, call you a name, and you bite. Thanks for the laugh, little guy. I'll pay you a visit when I escape.

M

Mr.Lau

There is no need to be so virulent, Monsieur Ducard: he is a mere child trying to banter with adults at the moment. He will get bored shortly and revert back to his simplistic and cowering life once he realizes we have more important things to talk about than him.

While you seem like a very capable person, I must confess I cannot break you out of prison as I don't think you would pass the Lau Industries background check for past violence. However, I would be cross to wish ill will on some one of your caliber. May your life, in or out of jail, flourish.

Now, onto my business. Some one has been stealing certain things of mine. Of course, I would be looking at the woman cat, but my intuition tells me it is not her. That said, I am more than displeased with whoever thinks what is mine is theirs. I have instructed my guards to give you as many bullets as you want to satisfy your misunderstanding.

Catwoman

Meow!
I most definitely didn't take anything of yours, Mr. Lau, so rest assured we don't have to cross paths.

Penny, what did we say about talking, again?

Henri Ducard, assuming you still have the phone... you are being held at the MCU?

Henri Ducard

Captured
The MCU indeed, ma'am.

Everybody should be aware that there are no air vents in my room.

Finally, I am going to extend the deadline to May 25 (because ee hasn't been online much this weekend). I think my arraignment will be sometime between now and then. Either someone will spring me or I will make my move then, barring another way is not shown to me. Your move, Gordon.

J

Jim Gordon

Enough of this, Ducard.

Please ignore him, folks. Sorry for the disturbance.

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
Crawling, on the planet's face, some insects

called the human race

Lost in time

and lost in space

and meaning

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
If the police aren't willing to let it be known, then I'll have to inform Gotham.

The man on the cross is a Mr. Terry Gilliam. Also known as Robin.

By the time I was nailing him to the cross he started to beg for his life. It got a little annoying so I lit him on fire.

There was a recent explosion in the Pink District, by a place called The Place. A recent escaped convict thought to meet me there. Thought I didn't know his plans.

The Joker always knows.

And so I blew up the block. Faraway is no more

But I'm not an egomaniac. I didn't just call to inform you of that.

If Mayor Thorne isn't dead within the day, I'll release Sarin Gas into the streets and prisons of Gotham. If Thorne is dead, I'll get the gas together and call the cops to tell them where it is.

I don't want to hurt you, Gotham. So don't force me to

R

Rupert Thorne

Gotham, I know you are stronger than to fall for the Joker's silly games. While I obviously can not take the risk of making any public appearances, but I promise you I will prevent this from happening. I hate to make this request but, to the Batman, and to gordon, I would like to meet with you two as soon as possible so we can work out a solution to this new occurrence. I know I can trust you two to not fall in to the Joker's trap, so contact me and we'll find a place and time to meet to take out this problem. In the meantime, I will be contacting the state and federal governments and their respective law enforcement agencies to both come search for the issue and to supply gas masks to everyone in the city. We are stronger than the Joker, let us prove it to him.

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
I believe I lost track of time before. I didn't give you enough time. It takes a lot of thinking

If Thorne is alive by sundown tomorrow, then I'll release the gas into Gotham. If Thorne is dead, I'll gather up the stockpile, put it all in one place, and call up the police and personally tell them where it is. If the mayor truly cared about Gotham he'd shoot himself in the head. But of course he doesn't. Thorne worked with Falcone and payed me to cause Chaos in the campaign.

Sundown tomorrow, or thousands.WILL.DIE.

Every single citizen is responsible for the result.

H

.Hush.

To whom it may concern, I have a new phone, you may reach me at number

R

Rupert Thorne

Citizens of Gotham, I would like to speak to you for a moment. First and foremost, I would like to encourage you all not to let the Joker win. Sure, if someone were to kill me, he might not release the gas. And he might anyway because he decides it was too boring an outcome. If he doesn't release the gas, you know he'll be right back on hand to kill again the next time he sees fit. Killing me doesn't stop the Joker, it merely chances a delay at an attack.

Right now I am at work making plans to stop this attack, and if I can't stop it I'll make sure Gotham is well prepared for it. As soon as all the details have been worked out, I will make an announcement informing you how to proceed. Until then, stay calm Gotham. We will not let you down.

P

Penny Plunderer

Awww, Ducard is dead? I wanted to be the one who killed him. Eh, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

Mr. Wayne and Mr. Freeze, oops my mistake, Mr. Taransky, I left you both a little surprise at Phoenix Pharmaceuticals. Have fun with it.

Mr. Lau, like you have any right to talk smack considering you're hiding out in the rice patty fields of Hong Kong like a coward. Come to Gotham and show us what's between your legs, that is if there's anything down there at all.

Joker, didn't surprise me that the burned body was Robin considering you said that you'd crucify the guy earlier in the game. The gas doesn't bother me a bit seeing as I'm not in the Pink District. But I have to admit, why do you want Thorne killed?

Thorne, haven't you learned by now that The Joker is indeed a man of his word? He said that he would crucify Robin and he did, he's made other promises and he kept them. So far, he's been keeping true to his word, if he said that he'll do something then that means he will do it. Oi, my stomach feels funny defending the Joker. Must be the banana oil...

So let's see here. The Croc has been wrangled, the Faraway Tree has been chopped down, the Roman has fallen, the Breaker has been broken, and the Robin got turned into BBQ. Hmm, this little game of ours sure has gotten interesting. Anybody else that has died that I forgot to mention?

P

Penny Plunderer

You'll hold your tongue you ignorant faggot.

If you want to die, just name the site and I'll rip you apart myself.
Now now, a woman shouldn't be talking like that. Very unlady like. Nowhere in particular has tickled my fancy for a good fighting spot, yet. But once I find a spot, I'll let you know. And I doubt that you could beat me, especially with some of the new weapons I have gotten ahold of. I'll chop you up until you've become nothing more than Kibbles-N-Bits and feed you to your precious cats.

R

Rupert Thorne

Perhaps he has kept to his word many times. But a pattern can not be considered a requirement, and it doesn't defeat my point at all. If we give in to his demands, there is nothing to prevent him from holding us at ransom again. We've already turned down Black Mask after he had an attack that did as much damage as this will, why give in to the Joker now?

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
The Black Mask asked for something impossible.

I'm only askin for Gotham to have the courage to rid themselves of a corrupt mayor who only cares for himself. It's a trade in. One unworthy life for the lives of thousands

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
20:00

GOTHAM TONIGHT

Gotham, our city aches today, as it has for many a day. But this tremendous explosion of forces beyond our comprehensions of power seem to be spiralling slowly but surely toward conclusion.

You'll find out more with tonight's indepth Crime Recap.

To begin the morning, G.C.P.D. units patrolling the dark blue district found eight corpses in an alley, slain execution style. All were confirmed or suspected members of the Falcone crime family. Has the Eastern European cartel taken it upon themselves to push harder on the empire of the Roman, which may now sit without a leader?

As though the slaughter of the Bane to our fair city, Antonio Marcos, and the alleged crucifixion of Terry Gilliam, also known as Robin, were not quite far enough in the depths of theatrics, the Joker has apparently struck Robinson Park one last time. Police see no motive in what appears to be a random slaying of several police officers that were investigating the scene, before fleeing. Oddly, one man -- Quentin Mirangi, a purported member of the Falcone crime family -- was found among the dead, the only non-police casualty of the bunch. Police would not confirm whether Mirangi was struck by officers or by more unusual circumstances.

Within fifteen minutes, police were summoned to O'Ghannessy's pub none too far away. What transpired is uncertain, but the two officers that responded to the emergency call were found dead, one burned alive and the other shot, and the pub was ablaze. When Gotham City Fire Services were able to put out the fire, they reportedly found several civilian corpses, slain in a variety of morbid manners.

But the Joker was only getting started.

If one can believe his words, then the explosion out front of The Place restaurant was also his handiwork. A motive cannot quite be ascertained, unless the Joker planned to destroy a relic of the man, Carmine Falcone, who once supplied him. With that said, the restaurant/lounge was mercifully almost vacant, and as such the only casualties were the driver of the truck from which the explosion occurred, two men in a nearby vehicle, and what few were dining at the restaurant at the time. The Place itself was catastrophically damaged and is expected to file for bankruptcy and close within the week.

Civilians reaction to an explosion from the top penthouse on the 700 block of Graham Avenue, in the black district, were shocked to find the Batman leaping from the seen. It is unknown, at this time, exactly why the Batman would have done such a thing, but it is of note that the underground parking ramp was blocked by rubble. One can only assume terrorism.

For whatever reason, as the so-called "Batmobile" arrived, a nearby vehicle fired some kind of rocket launcher, twice, destroying the vigilante criminal's tank. This was immediately before the vehicle struck the Batman himself, who retreated to a nearby rooftop. Apparently the owner of this penthouse did not take kindly to the Batman's arson.

At any rate, civilians reported that they scurried away to call the police the moment they saw the Joker emerge from the vehicle and begin firing where the vigilante had fled. They soon saw the Batman swoop down, grabbing the Joker, and swooping right back up to the rooftops. The pair of troublemakers would not be seen again until the two of them came tumbling from another rooftop, falling far and slamming onto a vehicle. By now, a helicopter was slowly landing in the street, and sirens could be heard.

In a baffling display, the Joker allegedly tossed a pistol to the wounded and bloodied Batman before hobbling over to the chopper. In an even more unusual turn of events, the typically non-lethal criminal Batman took the pistol in his hand and was able to fire one shot at the Joker before the helicopter raised up into the sky and drifted away. The outcome of the bullet fired remains unknown at this time.

Now's your time, Gotham. Speak up. What kind of faith can you place in the words of this madman? His actions, in my opinion, show no signs of any desire to stop.

Top Bottom