• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic Ice Climbers movement

_skadoosh_

Smash Rookie
I am just starting to play melee and was wondering if there was a video or guide that could show me some basic movement to learn start learning.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
here's a video you should watch before you start with the IC specific stuff:

Wak's Advanced How To Play

One of the main differences between ICs and a lot of other characters in regards to basic movement is that their wavedash is huge and covers space faster than their run or shffled aerials, so they tend to cover space a lot more using wavedashes and wavelands/platform wavelands than a lot of other characters, so really get that down before you move on to a lot of other stuff.

After that you can probably start learning some basic IC tech. There are a ton of videos and guides on this kind of stuff, and I compiled a bunch of threads and things in my IC faq thing, but here's a cute lil video that got uploaded recently that demonstrates the basics pretty well:

SSBM Ice Climbers Basic Desync Tutorial

_skadoosh_

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the desync guide, I have already been using Wak's guide and am trying to figure out how to apply wavedashing and wavelanding into movement

Top Bottom