• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basic combo for starters

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
i know to know some basic combos for her so I can start using her as a second. Just some combo for most people but if maybe someone can tell me someone combo for certain people. Thank you :D

Smash Journeyman
What have you tried? Have you watched any Samus videos?

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
What have you tried? Have you watched any Samus videos?
yeahh i watch some videos. But I just fire some missiles and some attack to put in damage and finish it off with the beam. i want combos to finish the other person quick and combo for different characters?

Smash Journeyman
what kinds of combos have you tried? for example, against fox, what do you try to do (other than shoot things)

Last edited:

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
what kinds of combos have you tried? for example, against fox, what do you try to do (other than shoot things)
I tried like first shooting missiles then some dash dance to grabs follow up with a simple charge forward and finish it off with a full charge beam if i have it. And this if fighting with fox, peach and some low tiers.

Smash Journeyman
ok, so... vs Fox for example, upthrow at most %s should lead into a guaranteed followup aerial (or chargeshot if they DI at all). Upthrow bair (on DI behind, but you can also do jump forward bair vs no DI sometimes, or even dash forward pivot bair on DI forward??) is an especially useful killing tool. It's a bit harder if they land on the top platform, but you can techchase (preferably with dair since it pops them up for another followup.)

The standard combo starters other than grab are dair, the pop-up hit of uptilt, dtilt, and dsmash; test them at different %s vs different characters to get a feel for what works. You'll probably get these from outspacing your opponent somehow (wavedash back or dashdance, usually), or from punishing your opponent's unsafe moves. You can try extending combos with fair, uair, nair (esp the weak hit), bair, or dash attack, or by techchasing with dair, dsmash, dtilt, or dash attack. Most combo "finishers" should be strong horizontal knockback moves: charge shot, super missile, fsmash, dsmash, tipper bair, nair (though sometimes you'll need to content yourself with something weaker.)

On the other hand, Samus doesn't have too many guaranteed combos beyond 2-3 hits; after that, it's almost all techchasing / aerial movement reading. Watch some high-level Samus matches and see what they do.

edit: i also have no idea what "charge forward" means in your post

Last edited:

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
ok, so... vs Fox for example, upthrow at most %s should lead into a guaranteed followup aerial (or chargeshot if they DI at all). Upthrow bair (on DI behind, but you can also do jump forward bair vs no DI sometimes, or even dash forward pivot bair on DI forward??) is an especially useful killing tool. It's a bit harder if they land on the top platform, but you can techchase (preferably with dair since it pops them up for another followup.)

The standard combo starters other than grab are dair, the pop-up hit of uptilt, dtilt, and dsmash; test them at different %s vs different characters to get a feel for what works. You'll probably get these from outspacing your opponent somehow (wavedash back or dashdance, usually), or from punishing your opponent's unsafe moves. You can try extending combos with fair, uair, nair (esp the weak hit), bair, or dash attack, or by techchasing with dair, dsmash, dtilt, or dash attack. Most combo "finishers" should be strong horizontal knockback moves: charge shot, super missile, fsmash, dsmash, tipper bair, nair (though sometimes you'll need to content yourself with something weaker.)

On the other hand, Samus doesn't have too many guaranteed combos beyond 2-3 hits; after that, it's almost all techchasing / aerial movement reading. Watch some high-level Samus matches and see what they do.

edit: i also have no idea what "charge forward" means in your post
ok that is really helpful thank you :D

Top Bottom