• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BaraBariBall .... Super CLASH Bros.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys. You may remember me from Apex 2013 when me and my team of indie developers had a booth showcasing BaraBariBall. This game is inspired by Smash Bros. (BTW, don't miss the podcast interview I did on Smash Bros featuring interviews with Apex competitors)

Check out the Clash system in the images below and explained here on the website.

Let me know if you have any questions or will be at the UFGT tournament this weekend in Chicago! I'll be there. There will be a stream of the BaraBariBall Tournament too!

JV5Chris

Smash Journeyman
Let me be the first to say I'm really looking forward to this game, very cool ideas with the clash system!

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let me be the first to say I'm really looking forward to this game, very cool ideas with the clash system!

Thanks. I've got a group of guys who are waiting for more Air Dash Online details. It'd be cool to get on a google hangout and talk about fighters sometime soon. I can even make it into a podcast.

DaTalkingFrog

Smash Rookie
I first saw this in the SPORTSFRIENDS Kickstarter and wanted to play it the most out of all of the games since I come from a Smash background. It was easy to see the influence from Smash, but I'm surprised you guys are even experienced in the advanced/competitive Smash scene which is good to know. I also didn't realize that you're the same guy who did the Good Game series analysis on Smash too! Really thought that video series is interesting.

It doesn't seem like you can actually buy/download or play the game anywhere though. Does that mean the streamed matches are from players who are just going into the game blind?

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I first saw this in the SPORTSFRIENDS Kickstarter and wanted to play it the most out of all of the games since I come from a Smash background. It was easy to see the influence from Smash, but I'm surprised you guys are even experienced in the advanced/competitive Smash scene which is good to know. I also didn't realize that you're the same guy who did the Good Game series analysis on Smash too! Really thought that video series is interesting.

It doesn't seem like you can actually buy/download or play the game anywhere though. Does that mean the streamed matches are from players who are just going into the game blind?
Thanks! I recently did a cool podcast on Smash Brothers that you may like. http://critical-gaming.com/blog/2013/4/8/critical-casts-episode-4-smash-bros.html

To answer your question.

Some of the players played BBB at EVO the previous summer.

Some players had alpha copies of the game because they were kickstarter backers.

But yes, most of them were fresh to the game and really did a great job picking it up in a few days.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is a new trailer for BaraBariBall just in time for EVO. The footage was taken from UFGT. The game is tightening up. Expect more exciting matches to come.

BaraBariBall Trailer 2

Top Bottom