• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banning Bayonetta in Tournaments

Should Bayonetta be banned?

• Yes, she is game breaking

Votes: 157 19.6%
  • No, players need to adapt to her mechanics

Votes: 398 49.6%
  • Not sure yet, meta progress or patches could resolve the issue.

Votes: 248 30.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
people are seriously complaiing abot a character with no neutral game, a̶w̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶t̶a̶a̶, telegraphed approaches, and limited kill options outside of combos that all begin with one of three moves?
I ask that myself everyday ever since Nairo broke ZeRo's streak and complaints about ZSS increased exponentially overnight....

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I think part of why bayo is so hated is because she punishes flowchart playstyles and people who cant mix things up. She is a literal bait & punish character, and a lot of people just love pressing buttons.

For those of you who dont know, "pressing buttons" is a fighting game phrase that you dont see a lot in smash. It refers to people who dont think about what they're doing when they do an attack. They just press the attack button because hey, it's the attack button; why wouldnt you press it?

Bayonetta blows up these kinds of players like no other.

A few days ago, I played a kirby that loved to spam uptilt (because hey, it combos, why not press it). I took both stocks with witch time because he, you guessed it, just kept pressing buttons and wasnt thinking about what he was doing. He left as soon as the game ended.

THOSE are the kinds of players bayo dunks on, and THOSE are the kinds of people saying she's broken and OP, because they are too lazy to learn the matchup and mix up their playstyle. Easier to just blame the character than have to admit that maybe you're the one with the problem.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Banning Bayo would be really stupid, she has already been nerfed to a point where she's no longer broken just the best in the game.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Banning Bayo would be really stupid, she has already been nerfed to a point where she's no longer broken just the best in the game.
She isn't even close to the best in the game, she only does well against high/top tiers. The amount of low tiers she loses to or goes even with is proof enough

Philos-kun

Smash Rookie
I love how people is too lazy to actually find ways to deal with her.

Come on, just find ways to counter her instead of complaining about how "broken" is the character is and, in the process, post about how did you managed to do that in the meta of your character so everyone can learn the secret.

Zalezus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zal3zus
See profile thumbnail.

I think banning Bayo is silly in a game of over 50 characters.

Play some Bayo dittos with your resident Bayo god and mimic how they avoid getting elevatored around 40-60%. It's really not hard, but if you're bad at DI you will lose to good players. I would love to see the same people try to get out of an obvious Thunder's combo setup in melee; it's guaranteed in the same kind of way but good DI and spacing will remedy that and net a free punish *on quick reaction*.

Incidentally, this is how most matches go with experienced Shiek players vs. local 0-2 scrubs. Bouncing fish is good guys, after a couple of years we know not to challenge it or just shield. Then again, Shiek-dominant meta/tournament placing is none of my business.

Again, see profile thumbnail. Even if peeps catch salt for getting elevatored (admittedly it's a hilarious way to take a stock), they'll catch this Buster Sword to the face or even better...a Luma!

4chanJoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
4chinJoe
I'd normally jest and say it's people being stupid, but the repercussions from some locals doing this could evolve into a real problem if cooler heads don't prevail. But I have more faith in the cooler heads in the long run.

But for now, this is what I send to basically anyone who shares the "Ban Bayonetta she's broken/OP" sentiment.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I am biased towards Bayonetta because I love her as a character, but I see what playstyle she promotes and it does not look fun. The way I see it is in multiple ways.

1. Don't cry/whine for nerfs of her or any other characters and adapt to them.
2. With previous nerfs of other characters and her, people still don't understand the character and should still try and adapt to her. Also, the nerfing of other characters gives her more of an advantage now.
3. Ban her completely because of the play style she promotes.

I am against banning Bayonetta here, but I do see the points of other people wanting her banned. Bayonetta's death combos are pretty ridiculous and you have a VERY small window of error facing her or else your stock is gone in a little less than 15 seconds. At the same time, she's only been out for a little over a month, and that's still not enough time to assess what else she possesses and provides to the meta.

We should honestly wait for not just top player results of her, but for her to be out in this game for months before even assessing a character ban of her. I do agree with what Zalezus Zalezus said about the game having more than 50 characters because we have officially 58 characters in this game, that's a lot of matchups you need to learn for one or more characters even if you don't see the bottom half of them in tournament play as much.

Also, even with the tournament results, lab against her. Fight her, find the best Bayo players in your state or that you know personally and learn what to do and what not to do against her. Every top tier character in this game (even other characters that aren't considered top tier, too) have absolutely ridiculous techniques that they can do that give them an advantage. The metagame has adapted what you can do against that, and people know those ridiculous techniques are coming after months/a year of it being there, and the same can apply for Bayonetta once people fully figure her out.

She's already been nerfed, so what else can we do? Banning? That's way too early to tell.

TL;DR for you: I see this situation with multiple viewpoints. I think we should wait before banning Bayonetta for her to get tournament results and for people to figure out what to do against her with labbing and other things since she's only been out for a little over a month.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Interesting thread up to this point.

I do find it kind of funny though. Smash 4 is the only game to receive balancing patches, other than project M, and it is the community that wants to ban the most things. Customs, Miis, Characters. This game hasn't been around long enough to properly assess anything of consequence yet. And if you have one character that is the best, so what? The meta then revolves around beating that character. Much like how Melee revolves around destroying Fox/Falco and the rest of the top tier cast.

I don't see the point in banning a character. What's next? You just going to ban a different character every week until you are left with the original 64 cast?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I cant really conbritute anything as what I want to say has already been said.

but the short story, I am against banning her because:
* she is new and the Meta need to evolve with her.
* she does superb against top and high tiers which many complain about (but she do struggle against lower tier)
* many want her banned because they dont know the MU or are forced to play a way they dont liked

from what I see right now, she is the missing link of making the Lower Tiers higher up while she and stands tall and push down the high tiers

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
You just described Jigglypuff as well.
You're right.

But the difference between her and Bayonetta is that Bayonetta has tools that make her so deadly, whereas the transition from Brawl to 4 hurt Jigglypuff so bad. They both have flaws, but Jigglypuff's flaws outweigh her strengths in this game.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
You're right.

But the difference between her and Bayonetta is that Bayonetta has tools that make her so deadly, whereas the transition from Brawl to 4 hurt Jigglypuff so bad. They both have flaws, but Jigglypuff's flaws outweigh her strengths in this game.
Puff has the tools as well, the problem is using those tools is harder. I wouldn't say puff's flaws outweigh her strengths either, not any more than bayo's does. The primary differences between Bayo and Puff, bayo has ranged options, a meteor, and a useable :GCU::GCB:.

They both have moves with bad lag that you can't just throw out, they both prefer a bait&Punish playstyle due to this, they both heavily punish mistakes, and neither really wants to be the one to have to do the approaching. However, puff has more options that are safe on shield than bayo does.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Puff has the tools as well, the problem is using those tools is harder. I wouldn't say puff's flaws outweigh her strengths either, not any more than bayo's does. The primary differences between Bayo and Puff, bayo has ranged options, a meteor, and a useable :GCU::GCB:.

They both have moves with bad lag that you can't just throw out, they both prefer a bait&Punish playstyle due to this, they both heavily punish mistakes, and neither really wants to be the one to have to do the approaching. However, puff has more options that are safe on shield than bayo does.
Also true, but Bayonetta's death combos make her more ridiculous than the tools the Puff has. One wrong move and your stock is gone. I think Bayo has a much easier time taking stocks than Jigglypuff does.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
PLEASE USE THE "EDIT" BUTTON TO AVOID POSTING TWICE IN A ROW
You just described Sonic as well....
Wait, that is not a bad idea.
#BanSonic
I really dislike Sonic, but at least the error window isn't as immaculate as Bayonetta's. I've learned his matchup pretty well for my characters, but Bayonetta's kit is so crazy compared to his, it's not even funny. Despite the fact that her's aren't as safe on shield. Her dABK is just so good, as are her other aerial specials and moves.

I'm not sure who has better kill power, though. Sonic hits pretty hard as does Bayonetta with her smash attack, bair, and uair at high percentages.

Last edited:

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Bayo has the tools but spacing is very effective against her and some characters give her a hard time. I don't think she should be banned just because the match ups aren't heavily one sided. In tournaments, if you need to keep a secondary to deal with bayonetta than I don't see why it's a problem

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Also true, but Bayonetta's death combos make her more ridiculous than the tools the Puff has. One wrong move and your stock is gone. I think Bayo has a much easier time taking stocks than Jigglypuff does.
Puff has combos into rest that kill from 0-30% on most characters, and upwards of 70% on the heavies. Imo, really, the only thing bayo has that lets her take stocks easier than puff, is Witch Time. It's as fatal as rest is, and FAR easier to land. and you don't die for missing it.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Hey guys, remember when lucario was considered broken? "omg rage + aura is so OP gaiz." Remember when ZeRo went on a salt-induced twitter whinefest over lucario?

Now remember how the character has done absolutely nothing since?

Like lucario, we just need to give bayonetta time and she where she stands in a few months to a year.

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
You seem to be missing the point here. I'm not saying "hey don't tell me to git gud, that's mean!". What I'm saying is, if you want people to take you seriously and if we want this issue to go anywhere, then both sides are going to have to start being more cooperative. If you tell someone who is anti-Bayo "git gud", I'm 99% sure they aren't gonna say "hey thanks so much! I dunno why I didn't think of that sooner! Take it easy man!". NO! they're gonna think you're a *******, and rightfully so. CLEARLY people are split over this issue. How about instead of acting like a bunch of 12 year olds, we try and deal with this problem like actual people. Instead of "git gud" you could say, "hey, I know Bayo seems pretty ridiculous, but if she uses side B, go into shield, and grab after the first kick. Also if she doesn't hit you after putting you into Witch Time, try spot-dodging or air-dodging! Also make sure to DI down and away if you get caught in a combo!"

IT'S NOT HARD TO BE A DECENT PERSON.

Bottom line is, if someone is having a hard time and they're getting frustrated, telling them to git gud is only going to make things worse. I don't like using the word "cancerous", but that's exactly how I would describe the "git gud" phrase. So let's shy away from that. We're the Smash Community, let's give ourselves a reputation we're proud to have.
Lemme share a story with all of you who say git gud and those who dislike bayo. YOU ARE FORTUNATE THAT THIS CHARACTER HAS OBVIOUS FLAWS. She's pretty unsafe on shield and you can DI out of her combos. SHE IS BEATABLE. The info just needs to be spread out in a friendly and sympathetic way. When I played pm till there was no tomorrow, I hated fox. He was the bane of my existence for the whole time of playing that game. I was even in a skype group so you'd expect some help/info right? dead wrong. Everytime I asked for help I got the response git gud. I would always follow up with how or what do you even mean by that? On top of that, I was the one they picked on. All just for having less experience than them and even opening my mouth. So I had to datamine myself and I found many things. When I try these things, it helped me get a game if anything. I at least knew now clearly what weaknesses I had to utilize from Mr. Blip blip. But ironically, I was getting help from people who never put their puck on fox. Yet, that skype group I was in had 90% fox mains just loving to see me struggle. I was so disgusted and felt so worthless to the community that I stopped playing smash for my entire summer and never wanted to look or hear its name ever again in my life. What changed this was the sympathy of others and how they dedicated time out of their day to help me. I decided to go for sm4sh then since it's the rage nowadays. I decided that I won't let that happen to anyone else I meet. So I became the creator/ 1 of the 2 revivers of the sm4sh mew2 skype. His meta is flourishing and we're constantly finding new things he can do to step us his game. So beileve me when I say this, find the info you need to help you if you have difficulties. It can be from a person, a website like this one, or even a video. Just beileve me when I say this, I rather deal with a 60 day old beatable character than Mr. blip blip

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
the playstyle she promotes isn't fiun? wiat so now this community is agianst characters that rush in and go for combos? so should we all play villager or megaman? this is the only charatcer that recieves complaints that are this ridiculous.
smash 4 was too passive at launch and now we have a pure aggro character and everyone hates her. lol this community. and the bans are very much real the midwest (some places in michigan specifically) already bans her.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
Puff has combos into rest that kill from 0-30% on most characters, and upwards of 70% on the heavies. Imo, really, the only thing bayo has that lets her take stocks easier than puff, is Witch Time. It's as fatal as rest is, and FAR easier to land. and you don't die for missing it.
The reason I'm saying Bayo has an easier time killing is because of her aerial special combos, her smashes and WT. Jiggs just doesn't feel right to me in this game compared to Melee Puff, the best version if of her by far.

blackghost

Smash Champion
The reason I'm saying Bayo has an easier time killing is because of her aerial special combos, her smashes and WT. Jiggs just doesn't feel right to me in this game compared to Melee Puff, the best version if of her by far.
zero of her specials kill. witch time is the only counter where we as acommunity blame the person using the counter instead of the one who triggered it. she has a counter she will use it. her smashes were just nerfed and they can be challenged easily
saying bayonetta has an easy time killing is ridiculous especially when you start looking at characters like metaknight, bowser, and dk.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
This is a joke, right? Bayo is good but she isnt THAT good. As many have said, she has exploitable weaknesses. In my opinion she is the perfect example of a balanced character in terms of her risk reward factor. Yes, she can 0 to death you, but that can be counteracted with the right play. Conversley, the Bayo player needs to be aware that there is counterplay that can be used against her, and mindgame her opponent into fallinto her traps. Unlike Shiek, who doesnt have nearly as many risks involved in her gameplay, if any at all. Bayo is fairly light, has bad frame data on ground attacks, and gets increased landing lag if too many specials are used in the air, which coincidentally is the only way she can combo you to death. Witch Time has already been nerfed, as has her best ground approach, which was telegraphed to begin with. Without her insane ability to build damage and combo what else does she have? She has to have SOMETHING. The argument that she should be banned is completely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Halcy0n

Smash Cadet
Are we really still talking about this? I mean come on people, were better than this.

I hope

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
zero of her specials kill. witch time is the only counter where we as acommunity blame the person using the counter instead of the one who triggered it. she has a counter she will use it. her smashes were just nerfed and they can be challenged easily
saying bayonetta has an easy time killing is ridiculous especially when you start looking at characters like metaknight, bowser, and dk.
Of course characters like MK, Bowser and DK can kill. They're so powerful so they have nothing that's impeding them for taking a stock easily. I know how Bayonetta works, but I still think she has an easier time killing than Jigglypuff does because of her toolkit. I wasn't saying she had the easiest time killing, I was saying she's better at Puff than killing.

Also:

ZeRo has a great opinion on this topic here.

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Main problem I have against her is her risk/reward ratio is very skewed in her favor. She's low risk/insanely high reward. She's really, REALLY unfun to play against. The issue is there needs to be more counterplay to witch time and her up B combos that doesn't involve camping to avoid them altogether. That's the core issue here. A lot players feel like they can't really play smash when facing her because approaching is far too risky and there's almost no counterplay when getting combo'ed or witch time'd. That's extremely unfun and frustrating, and is bad character design in my opinion. I don't think having such limited counterplay is healthy for a competitive game.

DI isn't really a thing since Bayo can react to your DI. I hear people throw that out all the time but DI isn't really a thing, it helps only minimally, even ZeRo says and explains this in the above video. A lot of the time when playing against Bayo you can't do much but watch yourself die. I don't think she's ridiculously OP or anything, but she is best in game right now.

The "get gud" argument doesn't hold merit since the main issue is not her overall power, it's the obvious flaws in her character design that is the core issue here.

I wouldn't be for banning her currently, I think Nintendo will definitely patch her in a 1.1.6 update in a month or so because the uproar is getting quite loud in the community.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
That's the thing, if patches were confirmed to continue in the future (in which Bayonetta would defenitely get nerfed), then there wouldn't be no need to discuss banning her. The issue is that the game is really reaching it's final stages (or maybe it already did reach it), as I heard latch 1.15 only happened to fix bugs and glitches such as the Corrin grab glitch, in which they took this opportunity to place some nerfs and buffs to certain characters. That's why I feel the suggestion of banning her was initially brought up, as we can't guarantee changes to occur, so I suggest we should just wait it out for a month or so to see if 1.16 will actually exist.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Of course characters like MK, Bowser and DK can kill. They're so powerful so they have nothing that's impeding them for taking a stock easily. I know how Bayonetta works, but I still think she has an easier time killing than Jigglypuff does because of her toolkit. I wasn't saying she had the easiest time killing, I was saying she's better at Puff than killing.

ZeRo has a great opinion on this topic here.
it would take me so long to explain why i didn't like zero's video at all but it boils down to a few factors
1. she is hardly the only "toxic" character in the game sonic, villager, and needle shiek are all still here.
2. zero claim about bayonetta carrying people wasn't proven in this video he just pointed out poeple that he said weren't being carried by her. its not his place to decide that. esam made a video about that already.
3. he spends a lot of time talking shiek when shiek won everything after the diddy nerf.
4. he talks about how she is super easy. but i never heard that logic used for cloud and that character continues to be in total control of doubles.
5. where was all this whining about a toxic metagame en shiek, zss, and rosa stood easily at the top? and unlike bayonetta they actually won regionals and nationals. she hasn't.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
it would take me so long to explain why i didn't like zero's video at all but it boils down to a few factors
1. she is hardly the only "toxic" character in the game sonic, villager, and needle shiek are all still here.
2. zero claim about bayonetta carrying people wasn't proven in this video he just pointed out poeple that he said weren't being carried by her. its not his place to decide that. esam made a video about that already.
3. he spends a lot of time talking shiek when shiek won everything after the diddy nerf.
4. he talks about how she is super easy. but i never heard that logic used for cloud and that character continues to be in total control of doubles.
5. where was all this whining about a toxic metagame en shiek, zss, and rosa stood easily at the top? and unlike bayonetta they actually won regionals and nationals. she hasn't.
1. Despite that, who are we talking about now the most? Bayonetta. We've found ways to beat Sonic and Villager, and needle Sheiks cannot effectively camp anymore after the nerf.
2. People who weren't using her before are getting better results with her than their previous main. The notable examples to me are 9B (formerly Ryu) and Pink Fresh (formerly Lucas).
3. I can't dispute Sheik results.
4. When was Cloud not considered easy? He's not a hard character to play at all. Bayonetta isn't that hard either once you learn the timings of her moveset.
5. He says stuff about her not winning any of that yet simply put by the "lack of results" she has since she's only been out for a little over a month. The whining was there, I've heard numerous times about wanting Sheik, Rosa and ZSS nerfs around this board that there's no point in pointing it out. Now, people have what they wanted for Sheik and ZSS, where Rosalina remains unaffected.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
My god this is goofy, she has clearly exploitable weaknesses.
Agreed all over. A lot of people don't seem to understand that.

I'm honestly getting tired of the whole "Bayonetta is so OP" business when she's not. She's supposed to be a combo heavy character. It's what she was designed to be, right? Take her combos away and what does she have left? Bullet Arts don't even flinch and have some pretty bad end lag the other opponent can take serious advantage of if you aren't too careful. The same can be said for the rest of her moves as well. Her combos can be DI'ed out of when you know how to do it properly as well. She is annoying at best.

Shielding seems to be a huge weakness of hers more or less, unless you are smart about her approach. It's not like she's extremely fast, and her recovery isn't perfect either. Once that second jump is taken away all it takes is the right hit to make her pay.

Her Witch Time got nerfed so it doesn't last as long, and has more penalties for abusing it now. Her Smash Attacks are not only insanely laggy, but they can even be stopped with another attack if you time it right or are just lucky. I've had Witch Timed opponents with continuous attacks (Villager and Kirbys neutral A for example) completely stop one of them, which ended in a wasted Witch Time and opportunity to kill them. Not to mention most, if not all of her attacks can still be beaten out with other attacks too.

I can't count how many times my attacks were not only cancelled, but completely beaten out by another characters that was timed right.

She can be tough to use, and kind of hard to learn too. People say her combos are easy, but have they stopped to look at her other combos other than the basic heel slide one? Her combos take time to learn and also requires some sort of precision to be effective.

It's not like "Noobs" are suddenly amazing if they use her, cause I've beaten my fair share of Bayonettas that obviously had no idea what they were doing. The amazingly good Bayonettas that I have eventually came across knew more than just her basics and it was clear they took the time to practice everything that makes Bayonetta, well... Bayonetta. She can be very hard to beat, even when you know her weaknesses and if the opponent uses her well; however she is far, FAR from unbeatable and OP that's for sure.

People just need to waste less time complaining about her and put in more time in how to combat her.

I'll give them one thing though, she certainly doesn't need any buffs. I honestly think she's perfectly fine the way she is now.

Deaga

Smash Cadet
To be very honest, while I don't think she is good enough to warrant a ban, I'd much rather have her banned than to keep reading all of this drama about the character. ._. It's just too stupid to keep reading people saying "oh, she's toxic because I don't like playing her, but look, I'm reasonable, so I'm not going to ask you to ban her either, but I'm also not using her because I don't like her, even though I think she's the best character in the game!". I mean, seriously. Are you playing competitive Smash or competitive WHINING speaking like that? It sure seems like the second case to me.

As people have said, anyone who thinks she's broken should totally start maining her and turn all tournaments into 8 Bayonettas in the end, showing that she's flat-out broken and getting her banned. Anything else is just whining. Which is also why I thought Zero's video was ridiculous. "She's the best in the game, she's very easy to use, but I'm not using her because reasons." Really? Just pick her up and destroy everyone. Get her banned. Otherwise, she really isn't ban material and isn't anymore toxic than the likes of Rosalina and Ice Climbers.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
Why are we still discussing this? Nobody so far seems to be advocating for her banning anyways. We've all come to agree that banning Bayonetta in competitive play is silly. She can carry players, but only if the opponents don't know how to deal with her.
Play, Lose, Learn, Adapt, Win.
Simple as that.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
People who say Bayonetta is broken are the same people who said pre-patch Luigi was broken. She's just really, really, dumb. She's punishable, she has abysmal shield pressure, her projectiles suck, and her combos can be DId out of, unlike Luigi's old combos.

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
People who say Bayonetta is broken are the same people who said pre-patch Luigi was broken. She's just really, really, dumb. She's punishable, she has abysmal shield pressure, her projectiles suck, and her combos can be DId out of, unlike Luigi's old combos.
Her projectile is pretty amazing tbh. have you seen how 9B utilizes it?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If we ban Bayonetta, we'd have to ban Rosalina, Ryu, Diddy, Sheik, Zero Suit, Cloud, and all of the other characters that do just as well or better than Bayonetta.
You just described Sonic as well....
Wait, that is not a bad idea.
#BanSonic
Yes please.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
The amount of people just jumping to conclusions on whether she is broken or not is ridiculous and I find it a little bit funny how most of the people trying to defend her by saying "git gud" or some other phrase that basically means the same thing happen to be Bayonetta players. I say we should wait, but from what it looks like right now, a lot of the people defending Bayonetta are sounding very similar to how pre-patch Diddy players would try to defend him.....

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
It's entirely too early to even be talking about banning bayonetta.
I don't think too many people really think that bayonetta should be banned yet (it's just that the voice of those who do speak loudly.) Having said that, I'm pretty sure there are alot of people who agree she should be nerfed a little more and make sure her combos are not so guaranteed.

I'll get flamed about this i'm sure, "But you can Smash DI out of her combos." Not if you are close enough to her during her combos, forget about it. If you have a little distance you can smash DI down and away and that can usually work, but not always.

I think some part of her combos should send you at a different angle, so you can't get 0-Death easily (Like her Fair for example.)

Also her witch time IS TOO DAMN LONG! The purpose of that move is too ease her into combos, it should probably last 50-66% as long as it does. No counter even comes close to it.

There are many other strengths about her in conjuction with her combo game and 0-death combos, such as a strong recovery and no risk gimping, but alas, this could be a wall of text if I allow myself to rant.

Having said all of that, she should not be banned. I never thought Metaknight should be banned in brawl and we have the luxury of patches this time.

In all honesty, I think the question of banning bayonetta is an outcry to get nintendo to patch her. If that's your plan guys then shout-outs to you, but you can't really be serious about character bannings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom