• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banned List

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Stages:75m aka Donkey Kong/Mario level Banned
BattlefieldNeutral
Battleship HalberdCounter Pick
Big Blue Banned
Bridge of EldinCounter Pick
BrinstarCounter Pick
Castle SiegeCounter Pick
CorneriaCounter Pick
Delfino PlazaNeutral
Distant PlanetCounter Pick
Electroplankton Banned
Final Destination Neutral
Flat Zone 2 Banned
Frigate orpheonNeutral
Great Sea Banned
Green GreensCounter Pick
Green Hill Zone Banned
Jungle JapesCounter Pick
Llat CruiseNeutral
Luigi's MansionBanned
Mario Bros. Banned
Mario CircuitCounter Pick
Mushroomy KingdomBanned
New Pork City Banned
NorfairCounter Pick
OnettCounter Pick
PictochatCounter Pick
Pokemon Stadium 2Counter Pick
Pokemon StadiumNeutral
Port TownCounter Pick
Rainbow CruiseCounter Pick
Rumble Falls Banned
Shadow Moses IslandCounter Pick
SkyworldCounter Pick
SmashvilleNeutral
Spear PillarBanned
Temple Banned
The SummitCounter Pick
Wario Ware Banned
Yoshi's Island Banned
Yoshi's Island BrawlNeutral

Items: Everything off. Smash Balls debate is still going, barely.
Characters: No one yet.

Keep in mind that none of this is offcial or mandatory. More of a guideline.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Thats a lot of banned levels and what does Counter pick mean?
The loser of a 2 out of 3 match gets to choose the second stage. The first stage has to be a neutral, the second depends on the loser's pick, either counter or neutral.

what do you mean no characters banned yet?
Some characters are being considered for the ban list. Olimar is a big one. However, this is PURELY tournament and BR wise, there is no need to follow it.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I don't think any characters will be banned. Some techniques probably will (Falco's laser lock and Dedede's chainthrow are the biggest ones right now), but unless Olimar totally ***** everybody up the *ss on every stage, he'll be tourney legal.

Also, I'm not going to say anything for sure, but I have a suspicion that standardized Stage Builder stages might become tourney standard.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
i do know that certain moves were banned in tournaments for Melee...
I went to a tourney that Ice climbers were bannned, due to wobbling...
i hope that Dedede's infinite chain grab is banned, not hoping for banned characters though...

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
When I first used Olimar, I was surprised by just how well I was able to use him. I'm a Ness vet from SSB64, and he seemed to resemble 64 Ness more so than Brawl Ness (in terms of fightin style), which I find rather scary for Brawl, as most of the characters in the game are more Melee-esque (and we know that a 64 style character is more powerful than Melee's due to the mechanics/physics/moves), even though there are definite gameplay changes between Brawl and Melee. I can understand why people think Olimar is overpowered. If a single character from 64 returned exactly the same way in Brawl, he would be banned from the start. Olimar seems to be gettin there, although I won't say this for certain, because as we discover more techniques and explore the depths of Brawl's gameplay more, this might change.

redeyedol

Smash Cadet
I also 100% believe that the Smash Ball should be removed from competitive play (tourneys and such), and only belongs in a casual/party atmosphere. Final Smashes are far too powerful to be considered fair in my opinion, even if you do have to fight for it to begin with. I just don't like the concept that most Final Smashes could easily kill multiple characters in one go. Still a fun idea, though, but makes competitive play broken. But definitely one of the best party items I've seen in a game. Too bad they removed the red shell though... or DID they? dun dun dun.....

Sorry for the double post, but I had to bump this thread up cause somebody (who I can see gettin banned pretty soon) kept spammin this forum probably out of childish anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom