• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Seeing introspecktive react to it might be legendary seeing as he's been waiting for him awhile now and erik shaw(whose a smaller youtuber but is also a big fan of him I believe).
I'm a fan of Vinesauce, and Vinny has a delightful habit of playing the Banjo-Kazooie title theme when the host of a Nintendo Direct says to "please check something out." If he does that for Banjo's reveal, it's going to be absolutely hilarious for the theme to then actually play.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd honestly rather know ahead of time rather than get my hopes up and risk being let down by the Direct. So I'll probably be checking for spoilers and leaks for Smash the day before.

That being said, I still feel good about Banjo's chances. Shinobi has yet to backtrack on his comments and no amount of fake 4Chan leaks is going to discredit him.

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't think the last rumors will have any effect on my eventual surprise of seeing Banjo in Smash.
I'm just drowning in hype at this point.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Man, reading through the last eight pages has me and others like..

We have 5-6 days left. This is gonna be a long long wait.

domriver

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1136301668931256320

Hmmm...I wonder what or who they invited. Possibly Nintendo? Could this have anything to do with Banjo?
Have a question regarding this. I know it would be thrilling to see Sakurai with Microsoft/Rare up on stage but when it comes to a Nintendo based game. Should it not be the opposite? I mean Nintendo invite Microsoft to the platform to talk about their DLC in smash? If Microsoft is inviting someone my guess it may not be smash related. What you guys think?

ze9

Smash Ace
Since the collaboration would give us Microsoft games on Nintendo consoles (and Microsoft characters in Nintendo games), I think it'd make more sense if the one to announce all the details is Nintendo. Just like they did for Cuphead.
Though I don't know who would announce the hypotetical new Banjo game.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Guys! Guys!

Aren't bears brave creatures? I'll leave it at that.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Have a question regarding this. I know it would be thrilling to see Sakurai with Microsoft/Rare up on stage but when it comes to a Nintendo based game. Should it not be the opposite? I mean Nintendo invite Microsoft to the platform to talk about their DLC in smash? If Microsoft is inviting someone my guess it may not be smash related. What you guys think?
I mostly just doubt the very notion of Nintendo announcing anything remotely significant at a non-Nintendo event, honestly.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
It's not happening, but if Sakurai was the one to step into the Microsoft stage everyone would lose their **** IMMEDIATELY because they know

Tachita

Smash Cadet
Mario + Rabbids was officially announced at Ubisoft's conference. They even had Miyamoto as a guest appearing on stage, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Mario + Rabbids was officially announced at Ubisoft's conference. They even had Miyamoto as a guest appearing on stage, so I wouldn't rule anything out.
I think that one might be an exception rather than the rule. Kingdom Battle was still a Switch exclusive, after all - it's not like Ubisoft has a console that competes with Nintendo.

Generally, I don't see Nintendo announcing a Smash character at another conference, unless somehow Smash Ultimate was coming to the Xbox. Otherwise, Microsoft would gain very little from the announcement. If it was, say, a joint game project between Big N and Microsoft, that was available on both consoles, then yeah, maybe. Smash? I don't see it happening.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have a weird question. How would you feel about Nintendo adding Banjo to Smash because they bought the IP from Microsoft? As in, them getting in isn't entirely because Microsoft allowed it, but that Nintendo saw an opportunity and took it. That, however, would be assuming Nintendo cared enough about Rare to buy something back, considering what fate had in store for their relationship.
That's been my dream for years. Nintendo actually doing something with Banjo would be amazing.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Man I wish this site had an app so it'd be easier to check on this thread due to how rapid it's growing.
There needs to be a term for this intense mix of hope, dread, and skepticism I've been feeling for a while. I always tell myself to assume all leaks are fake. Yet when anything Smash related is being announced, my heart races and my anxiety spikes. Ugh, it's both exciting and frustrating.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
IIRC. Joker WAS leaked by a few people before he was announced. Those leaks never gained traction though for the same reason the legit Piranha Plant leak was disregarded: it was extremely hard to believe.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet (I’m currently working through the past 7 pages of updates lol), but Source Nintendo is full of ****. Peep these since-deleted tweets from Monday:
Oh. Really? Huh.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Man I wish this site had an app so it'd be easier to check on this thread due to how rapid it's growing.
There needs to be a term for this intense mix of hope, dread, and skepticism I've been feeling for a while. I always tell myself to assume all leaks are fake. Yet when anything Smash related is being announced, my heart races and my anxiety spikes. Ugh, it's both exciting and frustrating.
Let's call it.. Guh Huhmagedon. The feeling you are talking about.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I think that one might be an exception rather than the rule. Kingdom Battle was still a Switch exclusive, after all - it's not like Ubisoft has a console that competes with Nintendo.

Generally, I don't see Nintendo announcing a Smash character at another conference, unless somehow Smash Ultimate was coming to the Xbox. Otherwise, Microsoft would gain very little from the announcement. If it was, say, a joint game project between Big N and Microsoft, that was available on both consoles, then yeah, maybe. Smash? I don't see it happening.
Another explanation could be a “character exchange”. I could totally see them going “Banjo’s in Smash, and, oh, hey, a new Killer Instinct is happening with Nintendo guest characters!”

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we're still thinking of Xbox as a competitor. They are. But they're not. Not anymore. They're a collaborator. Think of this like a Ubisoft situation. They had no problem showing up at the Ubisoft conference. I can REALLY see a Nintendo rep showing up at the Microsoft one.

Do I think it's happening? No, I don't. I think that Nintendo will stay contained this year. Especially since there's rumors of the NeXtBox being shown off.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
We gotta stop posting. I made a bet that Banjo would be announced when we got to page 539. Now I gotta make a new bet.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Microsoft and Nintendo are like those two characters in anime or something that hate each other and try killing themselves for a couple of seasons and then realize, "Hey you're actually kind of cool, wanna hang out?" then go out for a few beers and slay demons together. Anime things.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Let's call it.. Guh Huhmagedon. The feeling you are talking about.
I think that's a more appropriate term to name the whole current situation lol.

"I'm feeling slightly Guh-huh'd today. And a bit Hype Trained in the head. Maybe I'll skip work."

EDIT: Ninja'd me, AugustusB AugustusB ! Or Guh-huh'd me, I dunno.
"Hype Trained" sounds ok. At least as "family friendly" as I can make it for this site's forums (really hope they loosen that up to at least a PG-13 level, hate constantly censoring myself in this site that's mostly teens and adults).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Another explanation could be a “character exchange”. I could totally see them going “Banjo’s in Smash, and, oh, hey, a new Killer Instinct is happening with Nintendo guest characters!”
That's... actually an interesting what-if. Dunno if Nintendo has any characters that could fit well with KI, though.

I think we're still thinking of Xbox as a competitor. They are. But they're not. Not anymore. They're a collaborator. Think of this like a Ubisoft situation. They had no problem showing up at the Ubisoft conference. I can REALLY see a Nintendo rep showing up at the Microsoft one.

Do I think it's happening? No, I don't. I think that Nintendo will stay contained this year. Especially since there's rumors of the NeXtBox being shown off.
Well, that's kind of how some things in the games industry work, at least in the past decade - partners but competitors, competitors yet partners. It's really interesting to see these occasions, really.

What people forget is that Mario + Rabbids appeared both in Ubisoft's and Nintendo's conferences. Both had something to gain. Announcing a Microsoft character for Smash at their conference would be promoting a Nintendo-exclusive game that they didn't make with the time of their conference. Nintendo gets way more than them from that deal - unless it's a double announcement, like the multiplat project I mentioned or the example RingJ5 RingJ5 gave.

Also, I just want to point out that your signature has so much goodness in it, my laptop takes a really long time to load it lol.

Microsoft and Nintendo are like those two characters in anime or something that hate each other and try killing themselves for a couple of seasons and then realize, "Hey you're actually kind of cool, wanna hang out?" then go out for a few beers and slay demons together. Anime things.
I think they're each the Vegeta of the other's character arc.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Check with the Germans. They specialize in making words for complex emotions.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Guys! Guys!

Aren't bears brave creatures? I'll leave it at that.

Nah man, I figured this out ages ago

the code-name Brave is in reference to the movie Brave; which if you will recall is a Disney film about a snarky redhead and a bear going on an adventure across the land, with complications caused by a witch!

1559777750318.png

Salvation is upon us. The truth shall surface soon and only then can we find the true meaning of life. Our purpose. Our drive as a species with unmatched intelligence and fortitude. A dawn of a new time. The sky shall open its many secrets to the pleading mind and everything will unfold before us. However, the real question remains. Are we ready for the truth? Can humanity truly comprehend the uncharted and the unknown?

Only time will tell. And by time I mean next week.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You've guys went through 16 pages since I've been gone from work last night. Can you guys give me the lowdown on what's been up in the past 24 hours because I'm too lazy to go through 16 pages to see lol!

Afterwards, though, be ready for the legions of Banjos and Erdricks in Quickplay.
This is the sound of all the Banjos in the legion all guh-huhing together at once:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
This week has been a rollercoaster ride. I had to draw out a comic to describe how I'm feeling. I'm getting war flashbacks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

I really would like to hear ChronoBound ChronoBound 's thoughts on Banjo as a character. I never have heard much about him talking about Banjo, and while i don't think B&K are confirmed by any means, i still want to see his thoughts on the inclusion.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
That's... actually an interesting what-if. Dunno if Nintendo has any characters that could fit well with KI, though.
Metroid characters would work, I’m pretty sure. Could also serve to promote the upcoming MP4... which we now know has been quite heavily reworked and delayed, but still.

Either way, I could still see a Banjo reveal at Microsoft’s conference being totally possible, they could have a bunch of Nintendo partnership stuff to announce.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice

the code-name Brave is in reference to the movie Brave; which if you will recall is a Disney film about a snarky redhead and a bear going on an adventure across the land, with complications caused by a witch!

View attachment 226138
Nah I don't think it goes that deep. "Brave", assuming it is them, is probably just an alliteration for "Banjo" at most. Interesting though.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I have a weird question. How would you feel about Nintendo adding Banjo to Smash because they bought the IP from Microsoft? As in, them getting in isn't entirely because Microsoft allowed it, but that Nintendo saw an opportunity and took it. That, however, would be assuming Nintendo cared enough about Rare to buy something back, considering what fate had in store for their relationship.
See, this is ideal timeline stuff. The best thing that could possibly happen. Not only is Banjo back, but we don't have to buy a whole other console to play his games. Is it happening? No. Does it need to happen? No, as Nintendo and Xbox are now incredibly, almost suspiciously chummy, to the point that I expect future Banjo games to release on both Xbox and Nintendo consoles. But it would be a (project) dream.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

View attachment 226138
Good catch.

Them going with a pop culture reference for a character code name makes sense when you consider Jack and Doyle for Joker.

Brave being Erdrick would be a little too on the nose and the worst kept secret in Smash history.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I want a Banjo mascot costume and a Mario mascot costume to go on stage and start punching each other.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I want a Banjo mascot costume and a Mario mascot costume to go on stage and start punching each other.
When Microsoft said they'd be "inviting something new" to their presentation, they just meant they were inviting the WWE - they have a wrestling ring instead of a stage this year, and the entire show is just Banjo and Mario suplexing each other for an hour.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I now want Banjo's trailer to be the original Smash 64 commercial but Banjo comes in and trips Yoshi instead of Mario tripping him lmao
If anyone's trailer is a remake of the N64 commerical, it's gotta be Crash. Imagine the 90's mascot suit Crash with a megaphone walking in on that scene.

"Hey plumber boy."

Then Banjo face plants the ground like this commercial.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 226138
OH ****!

Any word from shinobi?
Unfortunately I think he’s gonna stay quiet until he sees his good work pass

Top Bottom