• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I have a feeling that Sakurai was talking about how the Fake Smash Ball explodes into an X shape. That is the only hint I want to believe. Shinobi and Sabi too.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Yo guys, I just got word from a very reliable leaker who's been leaking since 1998! Here's what he had to say:

"Boing! Banjo and Kazooie will be announced for Smash on Tuesday! Boing! Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie are coming to Switch as well!"

See? There's nothing to worry about. Everyone please calm down!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Remember the time people thought Banjo was deconned because of Grant's tweets? Shinobi's post happened the very next day.

Now everyone is thinking Banjo's out because of a no-show at the Microsoft Conference. Guess what'll happen next?

It's always darkest before the dawn. Never forget that.
1550033354193m.jpg

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Nazyrus Nazyrus 's signature shows in order literally the ideal DLC lineup for the first 3 characters for me.
Don't lose faith fellas. Banjo is happening, and you will be amazed!!!!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Unless they chose Stupid Steve cause they care not for their fan base at all. If they cared, then they would've acknowledged us at the conference by teasing us with Banjo! NOT LEAVE US WAITING!
Why in the world would they advertise something unrelated to Xbox in a Xbox conference.
I would assume Minecraft Dungeons would come to other platforms, but did they say it will in the presentation? No. Because they're trying to sell copies on the Xbox One.

The lack of a new title is unfortunate, I honestly thought the time was pretty ripe with how well other 3D platforming characters have been doing in the market (Mario, Crash, Spyro, even Hat in Time). Guess we'll just have to keep waiting.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Stopping by briefly before Nintendo's conference just to say in advance: "Ruh-roh."

Here's hoping to be blindsided by a Banjo reveal on Tuesday!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Tempted to crack open the folder now; and I've been one of the most vocal supporters of them getting in up until now

1560120410303.png

I won't lie. I've lost all hope and faith. The merch was for nothing but nostalgia, everyone was wrong about Miyamoto being at the conference, and all we have to go on is a vague post from Shinobi and Sabi still hasn't given the green light.

I'm bracing for the worst but hoping to god I'm wrong

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Well Xbox E3 was a bust for Banjo no new game or remasters :/

the new battle toads look ewww kinda like that new megaman cartoon or teen titans go kinda art style & look, never played BTs but I prefer there teenage mutant ninja turtles look over there new modern cartoon rejects look.

Ether way craig duncan head of rare said remaking older rare games or just making a new game with older IPs would be the worst thing for rare AKA we just want to make sea of theives, dude is kind of a scumbag IMO with other companys making KI & BTs its obvious they are NEVER going to make a game with older IP again, so we should of seen this comming that there would be no remake.

Don't lose hope there is still Nintendo's Direct, or fighters # 3,4 or 5.....or Fighters pass 2.....or smash 6 or smash 7 (I'll NEVER GIVE UP ! we can mod ultimate if need be :p )

Also as someone who plays Sea of Theives ITS BORING ! just get loot for money to buy cosmetics (witch may or may not be ruined by microtransactions in the future) Like there really is nothing to it IMO BUUUT!!!! I LOVE the game ! why ? B/C I play it like metal gear solid ! I LOVE sneaking & stealing ALL of someones HARD EARNED LOOT! They can spend a half hour to an hour doing a skull fort as I lay in wait watching them (playing a difrent game like pokemon) untill its time to pounce ! & steal all there progress ! *EVIL LUAGH !*
As many hours I sunk into they game with my 2 friends & if it wasn't for gamepass & making my own fun with the PVP I still don't think I would spend the 60$ on it, its fun for the way I play it & I love it for that but its still a boring meh game. Great if you want to PVP other people with friends a game pass must but other then that NAH Rare should of made Banjo Threeie.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Banjo fans, don't get yourselves down because of this. After all, Banjo's golden days were on the N64, so a Banjo revival on the Switch makes sense to me. I think there are more Banjo fans on the Switch than Xbox anyway. Plus, he could still get announced on Tuesday without getting a new game, even though from my understanding people would rather have a new Banjo game than him in Smash. Let's just see if our leakers say anything tomorrow about what to expect Tuesday. And even if he doesn't get announced Tuesday, there's still DLC 3, 4, and 5, so don't give up hope yet! You still have a very good shot to get your bear and bird!

-From an Erdrick fan

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
People give up hope way too easily here.

Nothing was on the table at Microsoft's event. Literally nothing.

Every single leak about Banjo was about Smash. Shinobi used the phrase "smashing good time" like he did before he leaked Ultimate. If he wasn't sure about Banjo's chances he would have backpedled by now. He doesn't come across the type of guy who would troll people.

Even Verge jumped on the bandwagon, and many of his Xbox leaks turned out to be right.

It's not over until Tuesday, or if not then, it's not over until February 2020.

Calm down.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With Microsoft E3 behind us, all that's left is Nintendo. As for leaks, now we wait for Sabi to give us some Nintendo news. His source is legit considering how much Microsoft stuff was correct so I'd keep an eye on his Twitter/Discord.

Up to now, with Shinobi, Verg, and the rest I've been hopeful but not expectant for Banjo coming to Smash. But if Sabi confirms Banjo, I'm going all-in on the hype train, whether it crashes and burns or reaches its destination.
Sabi's a girl, by the way.

I have a feeling that Sakurai was talking about how the Fake Smash Ball explodes into an X shape. That is the only hint I want to believe. Shinobi and Sabi too.
It's weird for him to bring that up at all, given that he did so right after a Smash tournament. Kinda late for a gameplay hint.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Have to admit they do look similar.
View attachment 226878
I'm freaked out on multiple levels, thanks.

Tempted to crack open the folder now; and I've been one of the most vocal supporters of them getting in up until now

View attachment 226880

I won't lie. I've lost all hope and faith. The merch was for nothing but nostalgia, everyone was wrong about Miyamoto being at the conference, and all we have to go on is a vague post from Shinobi and Sabi still hasn't given the green light.

The big points to make are that Shinobi hasn't debunked the mayhem (he's been rolling with it ever since) and Sabi at this time has not heard otherwise. There are still good reasons to support this cause, no good reason to suddenly stop believing. Shinobi did not say to expect a Banjo game at Microsoft's E3 and Banjo announced for Smash in Nintendo's, he said he's hoping for the best for Banjo and something about a smashin' good time. That's it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly, I only EVER expected Banjo to be saved by a SSB game. Rare clearly has no interest in the IP anymore, and Microsoft doesn't believe its lucrative enough to make a remake or a sequel.

Lets all just hope for the character to be immortalized in Smash. Hell, the game at one point was about trophies coming alive and fighting. You keep trophies as recollections for why great things happened. If we get Banjo in Smash, we can celebrate his history forever, in the best Smash game ever, with literally every other character in the series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really liked that game with the deer.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
shinobi's response to the fake post. Not his first rodeo.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Remember, there was never a guarantee that we'd get a new Banjo game. Please calm down and not go overboard with your posts.

It's just a set of games.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Don't lose hope there is still Nintendo's Direct, or fighters # 3,4 or 5.....or Fighters pass 2.....or smash 6 or smash 7 (I'll NEVER GIVE UP ! we can mod ultimate if need be :p ).
You must be really resilient then, for me each time the pain gets worse, but remember, this is the best time for them to show up since there wont be any greater version of smash bros than this one

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan

View attachment 226880

Dog, you're the last person I expected to go John Milton on us. You had all the facts before any of us did. How can the lack of a new Banjo game at the Microsoft conference, which literally nobody leaked or even suggested, have you so down in the dumps? This is what people meant when they warned about hyping ourselves into a frenzy.

It's totally irrational to abandon hope now. Everyone says the Banjo **** is coming on Tuesday. Can we at least wait until then to have our freakouts?

(I'd totally love to see those memes, though.)

Sabi is coming to take a leak all over us, fulfilling our deepest and darkest desires. Hang tight.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shinobi never stated new Banjo games. He literally was referring to Smash. The fact that he has still yet to backpedel on his Banjo hint is a good thing and the lack of new Banjo content means that there's no confusion on his part.

So let's see if he makes any additional comments between now and Tuesday before we throw in the towel.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, things look a lot better for Banjo than they look for Geno right now, so I'm not about to lose hope. I've been in a dark place with Geno, and we are not in that dark place with Banjo yet. It's quite the opposite, honestly.

I was really nervous after Xbox's conference, but... rationally, this **** means nothing. I think he's still quite likely. Never give up.

D

Deleted member

My favourite stuff from the conference was LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Forza, Battletoads, Tales, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Halo Infinite.

But I feel that there were too many shooters and zombie games.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

View attachment 226880

I hope you included this picture for the second folder.
The one image that will spread if shinobi gets it wrong (that is, Banjo is not the character announced at E3). Found on another forum.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Just a reminder to screencap all the people making memes and laughing at how banjo is still dead until Tuesday arrives. Make you sure build that collection :)
Screenshot_20190609-153500_Facebook.png

Top Bottom