• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Now I'm convinced that that bomb is op. I defeated DeDeDe before he turned giant. Never mind that I died 4 times.
The bomb party hat though is sick!
As for amiibos, I'm just planning to buy them whenever I see them. Although if BD is in then Day 1 purchase.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
seeing amiibos available for pre-order made me realize how awesome a bandana one would look.
bandana please ;w; i really hope he gets iiiiin.

on that note which amiibos are you all gonna get?
im prob gonna get dedede kirby luigi olimar rob ness g&w and bowser jr over time
I plan on getting (in no particular order):

:4bowser::4dedede::4diddy::4charizard::4dk::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4tlink::4villager::4pit::4pikachu::4samus:

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
seeing amiibos available for pre-order made me realize how awesome a bandana one would look.
bandana please ;w; i really hope he gets iiiiin.

on that note which amiibos are you all gonna get?
im prob gonna get dedede kirby luigi olimar rob ness g&w and bowser jr over time
Sonic, Jigglypuff, mabye Palutena too

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Story Time: When I was a wee lil tyke, in the Megaton Punch and Revenge of The King modes in Super Star Ultra, I thought Bandana Dee's name was Biddly Dee. I dunno, I was young.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Friend: "Kirby Fighters? Dude, this is gonna be the easiest **** I've ever done."

*plays Very Hard*

Friend: "**** THIS **** WHAT THE **** IS THIS WOW THEYRE CHEATING THIS IS STUPID"

Friend: "I BEAT IT! IN YOUR FACE SHADOW KIRBY! YES!"

Me: "Wow, good job! Now, beat it with the rest of the Copy Abilities!"

Friend: "..."

Remember, if somebody says Kirby is too easy, set them up on Kirby Fighters on Very Hard.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Friend: "Kirby Fighters? Dude, this is gonna be the easiest **** I've ever done."

*plays Very Hard*

Friend: "**** THIS **** WHAT THE **** IS THIS WOW THEYRE CHEATING THIS IS STUPID"

Remember, if somebody says Kirby is too easy, set them up on Kirby Fighters on Very Hard.

Even harder than Kirby Fighters is Dedede Drum Dash and Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe. I can cry with how many times I've tried to get platinum in level 4 of original Drum Dash. I still haven't done it. It requires such precision it's ridiculous. Should be illegal. X_x

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Guys I gonna buy Triple Deluxe this week.

Do you want me to give a daily rant or overall impressions or something?

I haven't played a post Air Ride Kirby game (sans Epic Yarn and the remakes) yet, so I want to see how the game differs from the older games.

Also I want to play Kirby Fighters Z and fanboy over it all over this thread. They put in Shiver Star Factory as a stage. BRUH. THAT MUSIC THO.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801

I haven't played a post Air Ride Kirby game (sans Epic Yarn and the remakes) yet, so I want to see how the game differs from the older games.

Also I want to play Kirby Fighters Z and fanboy over it all over this thread. They put in Shiver Star Factory as a stage. BRUH. THAT MUSIC THO.
Sure, maybe a daily rant/impressions. I personally like daily things so I look forward to them each day.

I can't seriously believe there's only one week until Smash 3DS comes in Japan. I thought it would feel like forever until it came out but the time rushed by so fast, it feels like only a few months since they first announced it.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

IMO Kirby Triple Deluxe is one of the best Kirby game in years... so it's a good Kirby game to come back to as far as the franchise is concerned.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Sure, maybe a daily rant/impressions. I personally like daily things so I look forward to them each day.

I can't seriously believe there's only one week until Smash 3DS comes in Japan. I thought it would feel like forever until it came out but the time rushed by so fast, it felt like only a few months since they first announced it.
I hope this thread can survive after the full roster is shown if Bandanna Dee, by chance, isn't playable.

It's fun being with you fellow Kirby fans, and this is the best place for us to hang out. It would be a shame for that to fade away :/

IMO Kirby Triple Deluxe is the best Kirby game in years... so it's a good Kirby game to come back to as far as the franchise is concerned.
I want to try the game out myself. Don't hype me up before I play it, I may not be able to handle it. :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope this thread can survive after the full roster is shown if Bandanna Dee, by chance, isn't playable.

It's fun being with you fellow Kirby fans, and this is the best place for us to hang out. It would be a shame for that to fade away :/
Unfortunately, I think all of the character support threads get locked if those characters aren't confirmed.

It would be a shame to lose this thread, I agree.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

yeahhh I'm really excited and nervous for the very soon reveal of Smash Bros. With the Japanese release, everything will be shared and posted online in a matter of moments after release. We will know quite soon if Bandana Waddle Dee made the cut in some form in Smash. HOPING he's playable... if not than I'd at least like to see an AT... if not that either than... sadness... I always want to see more Kirby stuff in the smash bros because as a huge Kirby fan and KSS fan it's the closest I'll ever get to Sakurai messing with the Kirby character/making a Kirby game. It's all I have since the chances of him joining HAL again aren't likely. Though I like the current director's work on the Kirby games, I sometimes miss Sakurai's ambitious ideas. The guy knows multiplayer fun. From the partners and various game modes in KSS to City Trial mode in Air Ride to Kid Icarus's Online and Smash's Platformer fighting style... the guy is ambitious... and well... I always get so hype for Kirby stuff in his games, which he can sometimes be terribly modest about and makes it so frustrating for me. Like a lack of recent Kirby game stuff in recent Smash games... and Dedede and MK not even getting in until Brawl. Dedede should have been in since Melee....

I'm glad to see Nightmare AT but I hope to see more! Give me bosses or new stage! Still no new stage either... eehhhhh...

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Has anyone here bought Kirby Fighters Deluxe and/or Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe?
If so, could you give me your impressions of it?

I wanna buy them but they're at a pretty steep price...

yeahhh I'm really excited and nervous for the very soon reveal of Smash Bros. With the Japanese release, everything will be shared and posted online in a matter of moments after release. We will know quite soon if Bandana Waddle Dee made the cut in some form in Smash. HOPING he's playable... if not than I'd at least like to see an AT... if not that either than... sadness... I always want to see more Kirby stuff in the smash bros because as a huge Kirby fan and KSS fan it's the closest I'll ever get to Sakurai messing with the Kirby character/making a Kirby game. It's all I have since the chances of him joining HAL again aren't likely. Though I like the current director's work on the Kirby games, I sometimes miss Sakurai's ambitious ideas. The guy knows multiplayer fun. From the partners and various game modes in KSS to City Trial mode in Air Ride to Kid Icarus's Online and Smash's Platformer fighting style... the guy is ambitious... and well... I always get so hype for Kirby stuff in his games, which he can sometimes be terribly modest about and makes it so frustrating for me. Like a lack of recent Kirby game stuff in recent Smash games... and Dedede and MK not even getting in until Brawl. Dedede should have been in since Melee....

I'm glad to see Nightmare AT but I hope to see more! Give me bosses or new stage! Still no new stage either... eehhhhh...
Well, if Bandana Dee isn't a character, assist, or stage hazard that would mean he would have a huge shot at being a DLC character!!!:colorful:

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Has anyone here bought Kirby Fighters Deluxe and/or Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe?
If so, could you give me your impressions of it?

I wanna buy them but they're at a pretty steep price...

Get hype

(oh wait i'm too poor for Dedede's Drum Dash ask @ kirby_queen kirby_queen )

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
08skidoosh08, this game is hype in a package my friend, all you ever wanted of Kirby fighters and more...
Glad to hear it!!
I was gonna buy it anyways, just wanted to get others opinions on it first.
Love that profile pic by the way :laugh:

IronFish

Smash Ace

I want to try the game out myself. Don't hype me up before I play it, I may not be able to handle it. :colorful::colorful::colorful:
One thing us Robin supporters did after he got confirmed is, made a group conversation, and invited most really involved Robin supporters, and we carry on there, so maybe @ Chandeelure Chandeelure can do something like that when BD's status is confirmed

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Glad to hear it!!
I was gonna buy it anyways, just wanted to get others opinions on it first.
Love that profile pic by the way :laugh:
Why thank you! :)
The reason why I finally joined this site was when someone asked if anyone had read Bandana Dee as Banana Dee and laughed hard enough that I had to join this site, also a couple weeks before that, my brother was joking around and calling him Banana Waddle Dee.

I really hope there's going to be another character reveal before in game's release in Japan. It's probably not going to happen, though according to My Nintendo News, a Russian WiiU site says there's going to be a direct possibly tomorrow, though I'm taking this with a grain of salt it would be really nice for Nintendo to sneak a little more information out before the Japan release.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

It's your basic standard Kirby platformer with fun abilities. It's very easy but it has its undeniable charm that the Kirby serieshas had with lots of replayability with Drum Dash and Kirby Fighters. Overall a fun game.

*plays Very Hard*

You're telling me. I can only reach halfway with Ninja and Shadow Fighter Kirby is SOOOO frustrating.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
If it's not any trouble, could you put a list of the powers in that game?
Sword
Beam
Whip
Ninja
Fighter
Archer
Parasol
Bomb
Hammer

In Fighters Deluxe, if Triple Deluxe Streetpass is activated you get:
Bell
Beetle

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
wait what 8( these get locked?
now im just sad...
now i want bandana to be in just so i can keep talking to you guys

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If Bandana Dee gets de-confirmed, can we request that this thread be moved to the Kirby board under a new name, or something? I feel like this thread has evolved more into a Kirby social thread, with Bandana Dee support going around. Also, the Kirby board is pretty much dead, so it'd be nice to have something in there that keeps it alive.

EDIT:

Kumazaki: “We’re really interested in making a fully 3D Kirby game! I suspect there are also more than a few users who’d appreciate being able to freely run around a sprawling map, fighting with copy abilities.

“In one of our previous titles, Kirby Air Ride (seen below), there was a mode called City Trial which saw players racing around a large 3D city area on Air Ride Machines. It definitely showed off how well the combination of the Kirby style action and 3D environment works, so I think it’s certainly a possibility given how much Kirby is capable of!

“The amazing 3D effect of the Nintendo 3DS goes really well with 3D action games, as proven with Super Mario 3D Land. We thought this would also work well in a side scrolling action game too, and that we could use this to develop a new play style that made use of 3D effects with a real sense of depth. It was this that led us to create Kirby: Triple Deluxe.

“In Kirby: Triple Deluxe, most of the stages go back into the screen, and so what we’ve created is a new side scrolling action game where enemies come at you not just from back within the screen but also from at the front of it too! We think this area has a lot of potential for expanding on in the future.

“Of course, we’re also continuing to evolve the Kirby series as a whole, and I hope that one of our next challenges will be to produce a Kirby game in full 3D that still maintains the same depth of play our fans have come to expect.”

Hattori: “Kirby as a character has such a huge variety of transformations and appearance that of course if there is enough desire from our users, it’s possible he might one day explore a 3D world.”

HAL PLEASE

WII U 3D KIRBY

TAKE THE CHALLENGE PLEASE YOU CAN DO IT

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IT'S OPEN SEASON DEES AND DOOS!
On the Ridley thread, I did something I call Reym Time! Should I do a BDee version as well?
Spoiler because it's pretty damn long.
Twas the night before smash was announced, and Sakurai had a deed! He wanted to make a video game and fulfill everyones need! Mario, Kirby Samus, all of the original 12! Everyone was happy, even the guys at Valve! However, one man named Ridley was left out, for he was too big! Solid Snake saw him crying when smoking a cig. "I'm too big." Ridley said, "They'll never let me in!" "Size doesn't matter at all" Snake said with a grin. Ridley wasn't convinced, and was still very upset, "I'll just be a boss again, for that, I'm allset" Snake punched Ridley right in the mouth! Ridley's face went to the ground, facing to the south. "Your fans want you in, they give you eternal support! Hell, they'd buy a life size plushie of you, even with the costs of import!" Ridley was shocked, he commited a sin! He forget that his chances weren't slim!"Dammit" Ridley shouted, as he suddenly realized."The East don't want me!" He analyzed. Little Mac heard the commotion, ran quickly and saw tears of emotion. "Hey you!" Mac yelled with anger in his voice, "I'm in, and it's Sakurai's choice!" Ridley gasped"But you and me are the same! The West want us but the East think we're lame!" Mac told Ridley in a battle-cry: "You'll never get in if you won't bother to try!" Sakurai saw this, his heart had grown. "I'll put Ridley in, my kindness will be shown. Hey big guy, you over there! I'll put you in! See? I care!" "I'll pretend you're a boss, just to be a troll! All your haters will pay the toll!"
Something I came up with. Have a nice read!
EDIT: Goddammit, I can't read anything that isn't ryhmed correctly anymore!
The original for those who want to know

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that bandana dee's trophy hints at him being the dee from kirby 64

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
IT'S OPEN SEASON DEES AND DOOS!
On the Ridley thread, I did something I call Reym Time! Should I do a BDee version as well?

The original for those who want to know
What's happening in the Ridley thread? x_x I don't really hang there since I don't know much of anything about Ridley. Was he in Super Metroid? I beat that game but I remember Mother Brain being the boss.

I really hope that bandana dee's trophy hints at him being the dee from kirby 64
I personally don't think they're the same dee. Doubt they'd say either way.

Top Bottom