• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir

So is this just a misc. collectible, or does this Meta Knight clay model mean he will be a boss?

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
He's too small to be a fair boss, and the sound test may hold remixes
Too small eh? Dat ting' ain't gonna be too big to clobbah dat dare Kirbah! I could clobbah him with...

Untitled.jpg

This toad Amiibo...and....

Who am I kidding?! If Toad can get an Amiibo, Bandana Dee should get one as well. Who's with me?! :mad: *raises spear*

I'd actually prefer a decloned Pichu over Mewtwo as DLC.

I think I've summoned an angry mob of Mewtwo fanboys.
I secretly agree with you. :evil:

I love the Squeaks. Count me in! And by the way, who doesn't pirates?! I love them because if you're able do want 'cause a pirate is free...YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Last edited:

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie

So is this just a misc. collectible, or does this Meta Knight clay model mean he will be a boss?
The presenter transitions into Amiibos immediately after the Meta Knight figurine is shown, which makes me think that the figurine is Amiibo related. You can already use the Meta Knight Amiibo to give you the a a mask and improved dash ability...

...which implies (to me, at least) that Meta Knight is not antagonistic in this game (if he even appears outside of Amiibo functionality, that is). Further supporting my theory, we see six Kirby figurines on the first page, all in the "ball form".

But on the second page, we see a single Kirby figurine not joined with any of his allies.

To make him stand out even more, he is the only Kirby figurine to not be curled up into a ball, and he happened to be one of the two figurines, the other being Meta Knight, to be seen of in the figurine showcase. The presenter then says the two figurines resemble Amiibos, and uses that to transition into the game's Amiibo functionality.

My point here is that this one Kirby figurine has noticeable differences from the six others. These differences seem to be best explained by the figurine being Amiibo related, and because the Meta Knight figurine is seen with it, it seems like the Meta Knight figurine would also be Amiibo related, as opposed to it just being a nice figurine from the (hypothetical) Meta Knight boss fight.

So no, I don't think that Meta Knight will be a boss in this game, and if that's the case, Bandana Dee appears in this game while Meta Knight and King Dedede don't (excluding Amiibo functionality), which should be further evidence for Bandana Dee as DLC in Smash. (Wow, this post went on longer than I had originally planned :dizzy:)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I know it's ridiculous, but one of the things that makes me more hopeful is the Magolor drawing in the Miiverse Stage shown in the Direct.

It makes me hopeful for Bandana Dee and also for Magolor.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
GUYS, DID YOU HEAR IT IN THE DIRECT.

There bringing back Marth Amiibo!!!(I don't know is Im wrong...)

And remember Super Mario Amiibo edition. They Should do it with Kirby.

Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee!!! And Smash Bandana Dee!!!!
I can't carry all these Dee.

I love the direct thought. (Because Im more hype for Monster Hunter and More about Lanyboh Cruise than a New Fire emblem. I not a big fan of it...)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seems like Rainbow Course already gave Bandana Dee some nice alt costumes!

Yes, am more excited to see Dee now as playable!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GUYS, DID YOU HEAR IT IN THE DIRECT.

There bringing back Marth Amiibo!!!(I don't know is Im wrong...)

And remember Super Mario Amiibo edition. They Should do it with Kirby.

Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee!!! And Smash Bandana Dee!!!!
I can't carry all these Dee.

I love the direct thought. (Because Im more hype for Monster Hunter and More about Lanyboh Cruise than a New Fire emblem. I not a big fan of it...)
I am going to guess that :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina: are going to appear in Fire Emblem 14 as well through Amiibo support. At least, that's what I am hoping.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I enjoy fighting against R.O.B. cause he's so tall, meaning he's easy to combo. I just wish he didn't have the Gyro, it screws me up so much.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Wow, I seriously haven't been in this thread for a while. School's been rough. Anyway the direct was decent. Didn't really learn anything about Rainbow Curse. That was disappointing. The game comes out soon so hopefully Bandana Dee really shines. :)

I want the helper system talked about a while ago.
I think I was one of the first to suggest it way back when. I still believe it's the best chance for him to be viewed as unique. Really, the only problem I believe with it is I don't know how much trouble it could cause the 3ds. I still try to envision what kind of helpers he could have.

I always think of Sword Knight and Poppy Bros Jr. as helpers. The sword ability is pretty much one of the main abilities and Poppu Bro Jr is one of the most popular enemy behind Waddle Dees. Sword Knight would be comboing, and Poppy Bros Jr would be raw launching power.

Chilly also comes up occasionally as a defensive unit.

Maybe sir kibble for a 4th slot for being a tricky type helper, but can't really nail down the last one.

I would've immediately suggested Knuckle Joe as he is the front runner for helper to hero but he's an assist trophy.
He alternatively can be given a Spear that can be formed into a Parasol, like Dedede's hammer being altered to be mechanical.
Also thought of this idea. Could work as well, I even imagined throwing in beam as well. It would be a good way to represent all the different types of Waddle Dees in one.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Sorry, I'm a bit new here; what exactly is the helper system?
The "helper system" refers to how the concept was introduced in Kirby Super Star. Basically, the idea is that Bandana Dee's main gimmick would be to summon enemies that will have their own ai to attack other players. You would have very limited control over them, they just act like enemies in smash run to opposing players.

I usually focus it as his neutral special, with the other specials focusing on spear moves like spear toss for side, and spear copter for up.

Activating what helper you want would be essentially like activating a monado art. If you want to get rid of them manually, just stand next to them and press b. I think it sounds simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom