• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Can you remove and remap attacks for copy abillities? You could maybe turn Needle into Wheel by taking away all moves except the one where Kirby rolls into a ball and remap it to the main attack and use the textures from 3X Deluxe for the Weel.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't know how I feel about revamping the powers in a mod. It could have the effect of making them either less efficient or more annoying to use. However it wouldn't be bad if new powers were made with a mix of moves from other powers? Not sure seems complicated.

Anyway I've read that Kirby games are a pain to mess with in terms of modding. It's why KSS never had very many rom hacks in the west either. I love KSS so much and would have love more ways to play the game but alas, it's not easily doable. Maybe HAL makes it difficult on purpose by the way they organize things.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Probably just info on games close to release such as Rainbow Curse and Monster Hunter 4. Not sure that it will be a big thing about even more further titles down the line but who knows. Maybe even something about the new Legend of Zelda games, Star Fox games, and the two new IPs (Project S.T.E.A.M. and Splatoon) . I don't know.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@Shiny Porygon

Yep. All of that stuff can be added into the original game. However, that unused enemy, Hearbell, can't really be added back in. I may be able to model and animation swap it over another enemy, but the actual hitbox/hurtbox data wouldn't properly work, and would rather take the data from the replaced monster.

Also, the unused Super Abilities have no files that actually function as they would if completed, outside of the unfinished model and Super Star textures.

@ Reiga Reiga

Er... I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that more. I'm sure I could mix and match abilities and stuff, but I don't know if I could instantly change articles or models without requesting them (which AFAIK can only be done through obtaining a Copy Ability), and I doubt I could remove attacks from Copy Abilities. Button mapping them to other combinations is most likely possible, though.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure

V.S.

WHO WILL WIN?

im sry I couldn't resist

will post RtDL mod post thing soon to make up for it

Last edited:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir

So cute. This game comes out one month after the Japan release, right? Let's see how long I go without being spoiled after the Japanese release. I predict two weeks.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Also, whenever I search up B-Dee, it almost always comes up with 'Bandana Dee for Smash' stuff.
HIS SMASH DEMAND IS RISING.
We Must continue Dee increase of Dee Bandana Dee Brigade. Mashed Potatoes Samurai will give in to Dee power of his creation someday!!!! And hopefully that day is before smash 5...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Copy-paste from the Official Character Discussion-thread:

CliffJumper sed:

"Also, wouldn't you think Bandana Dee can do something besides use a spear? It's just a plain ordinary everyday spear. It's not like the Monado, Krystal's Staff, or Samus' arm cannon. If he's just gonna use a spear, there's gotta be something special about i, which there is not. He doesn't seem very athletic like the Fire Emblem lineup is either."

There are two flaws in this argument:

The first is that both of the other Kirby-side characters use "ordinary" weapons without magical qualities.
King DeeDeeDee uses "only" a hammer without superduperelementalsuperuniquemagic.
Same with Meta Knight, and he uses a sword, like the other 8 swordfighters or so. And still he's unique, right?
So you can be unique without magic.

So for BDee, he could be a long ranged fighter, but since the spear is very thin, his attacks have blindspots.

The other example is Pac-Man.
He is unique without pulling moves directly from canon, aka got a moveset straight outta Sak's ***
Essentially, he's a PPK character, but has a move with 8 different projectiles.
Did he use those in Pac-Man? Nope.
The fruits were collectibles and yet they are a fitting and unique tool in Pac's arsenal.

Here are some cranky gimmicks BDee could use:

-His Spear extends a bit with Jet Hammer-y electronics every time he deals damage.
-Same as previous, but as a chargable Neutral B
-He can throw his spear for lotsa damage and KO Potential, but he can only use his weak dash attack afterwards (The famous Waddle Trip)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Also, wouldn't you think Bandana Dee can do something besides use a spear? It's just a plain ordinary everyday spear. It's not like the Monado, Krystal's Staff, or Samus' arm cannon. If he's just gonna use a spear, there's gotta be something special about i, which there is not. He doesn't seem very athletic like the Fire Emblem lineup is either
Megaton punch, swordwielders, Little Mac uses fists, how generic, gotta get him out. We have a bunch of fattys and therefore a round character needs to be athletic.
I demand brain cells dammit, I lost quite a bit

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What about a gimmick with the Spear Toss? Like this:
-He can throw his spear for lotsa damage and KO Potential, but he can only use his weak dash attack afterwards (The famous Waddle Trip)
When Bandana Dee throws his spear, he can't use it anymore, except if he grabs it again from the ground or after some seconds.
That would change his moveset temporarily to a more physical one, weak and fast, with less range (only the A attacks, B attacks are disabled).

The Spear Toss would be really powerful.

Final Smash with the spear: The Megaton Spear.
Same as the Megaton Punch, but extremely powerful and with his spear XD

Final Smash without the Spear: B moves are disabled :awesome:
That would be a reference to his Boss Fight in SSU, when he didn't do anything because he didn't have his spear.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What about a gimmick with the Spear Toss?

When Bandana Dee throws his spear, he can't use it anymore, except if he grabs it again from the ground or after some seconds.
That would change his moveset temporarily to a more physical one, weak and fast, with less range (only the A attacks, B attacks are disabled).

That would be a reference to his Boss Fight in SSU, when he didn't do anything because he didn't have his spear.
To make the spear throw better, it pierces shields, good idea? It has a lot of range, so BDee has to bee careful

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

That's the less extreme version.
What I meant was that Waddle Dee could only use an epicly weak Dash Attack (The Waddle Leap) after throwing his spear away (which deals lots of damage, a bit like the KO Punch)

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Bandana Dee doesn't have an every-day spear! ...it has a cute little red knot on it, bet any other spear-user has that!
But in all seriousness, people who say BDee only has a spear probably haven't played any Kirby game with him in it, or Waddle Dees in general, as most of the Waddle Dee moves can be transfered to Bandana Dee.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
New Nintendo Deerect?
Kine the Fish confirmed.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

It's a nice concept but I feel that throwing the spear should be like in RtDL, where he can charge it to throw 3 spears.

And also throw it in the air faster. And make BD op.Plus your concept sounds like Robin on steroids and I can't handle that.

Also, has BD ever been known for physical combat other than Megaton Punch?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Copy-paste from the Official Character Discussion-thread:

CliffJumper sed:
"Also, wouldn't you think Bandana Dee can do something besides use a spear? It's just a plain ordinary everyday spear. It's not like the Monado, Krystal's Staff, or Samus' arm cannon. If he's just gonna use a spear, there's gotta be something special about i, which there is not. He doesn't seem very athletic like the Fire Emblem lineup is either."

There are two flaws in this argument:

The first is that both of the other Kirby-side characters use "ordinary" weapons without magical qualities.
King DeeDeeDee uses "only" a hammer without superduperelementalsuperuniquemagic.
Same with Meta Knight, and he uses a sword, like the other 8 swordfighters or so. And still he's unique, right?
So you can be unique without magic.

So for BDee, he could be a long ranged fighter, but since the spear is very thin, his attacks have blindspots.

The other example is Pac-Man.
He is unique without pulling moves directly from canon, aka got a moveset straight outta Sak's ***
Essentially, he's a PPK character, but has a move with 8 different projectiles.
Did he use those in Pac-Man? Nope.
The fruits were collectibles and yet they are a fitting and unique tool in Pac's arsenal.

Here are some cranky gimmicks BDee could use:

-His Spear extends a bit with Jet Hammer-y electronics every time he deals damage.
-Same as previous, but as a chargable Neutral B
He alternatively can be given a Spear that can be formed into a Parasol, like Dedede's hammer being altered to be mechanical.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I really don't see the problem with Bandana Dee's Spear. No one is making the same weak complaints about characters like Ike, Marth, Little Mac, etc. Brandishing a sword or being a boxer is part of their identity. For Bandana Dee it's his spear and it's got plenty of ways to attack while giving us a Kirby character with nice reach. As someone suggested melee attacks are okay too like megaton punch... and if he can punch hard, why no t kick? Megaton kick. Maybe he can drop a block from above or use a shotzo.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Are you Watch Gamexplain videos. He never call him waddle dee, He call him Bandana Dee<---That to me the official name for him.
The Direct is SOOOOOOON!!!!

Yes @ Flying_Skitty Flying_Skitty Am gonna see LANYBOH AND DEELC-Trailer. My hype Finger are teasing.

(I can only DREAM...) "Go to a corner and cry."

Crumb Bone

Smash Rookie
Well, the lack of Bandana Dee DLC in the Nintendo Direct was disappointing. However, considering that we still know almost nothing about Mewtwo, it might be jumping the gun to announce another new character. The next direct should be happening in a month or two, so we should get a confirmation in not too long. Who knows, Mewtwo and Bandana Dee might even be bundled together!

Just look at these and tell me if you still have any doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom