• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I've been hearing this a lot, so I don't know if this is true, but is the Grand Doomer's theme really a remix of Kirby Air Ride's main menu theme?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I really want to know Bandana Dee's role in Rainbow Curse.
Yeah me to. I need to know whose directing that game too. I mean to me it LOOKS like he's playable. It's odd that this kind of game is on the wiiU. Considering the gamepad will get all the attention UNLESS multiplayer allows the rest of the players to utilize the TV Screen. If Bandana Waddle Dee's just an ally again than why have 4 versions of him all color coded? That is odd. Why have 4 of the same character just throwing out items? What if something happened to Bandana Dee similiar to what happened to Kirby in the game Amazing Mirror? I have a GOOD feeling Bandana Waddle Dee will play a big role in Rainbow Curse in some form or another.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee must be playable if only because he'd bring a unique sense of charm and great music with him that emphasize his character.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee must be playable if only because he'd bring a unique sense of charm and great music with him that emphasize his character.
I can't see Sakurai give so much love to his adopted child, without giving a bit of love to his own baby. After all the Kirby favoritism in brawl, I don't see Bandana Dee not happening.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I forget but do we picture of the days Sunday night for Monday or do they start Monday night?

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
D

Deleted member

K Rool is highly requested in Japan? If so, I'm really surprised.
He and Dixie Kong are really requested. I think one influence was the cartoon; it's actually pretty popular over there so I've heard.
They want a third Donkey Kong character in general, really. I know that some are pretty vocal about a Xenoblade rep.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
He and Dixie Kong are really requested. I think one influence was the cartoon; it's actually pretty popular over there so I've heard.
They want a third Donkey Kong character in general, really. I know that some are pretty vocal about a Xenoblade rep.
What about Banana Mountain Deew?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Bandana Dee detractors convention.

omg i'm dying.

I really hope this week sakurai announces a direct for a newcomer, i mean i think we should have a newcomer this month, and another near the japan release. Hero's trailer and then villains trailer? I hope it goes down like that. here's hoping that the Dee, shulk, and krystal get in. Yes, those are the last 3 characters i care about.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I saw the thread you linked; it's really interesting. Just out of slight curiously, do you know what Pokémon Japan is clamoring for outside of Mewtwo and Genesect (the latter being already deconfirmed)?

Also @ Chandeelure Chandeelure please put that Waddle Dee video at the end of the op please. It's too funny.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about Banana Mountain Deew?
Hmm...?

I saw the thread you linked; it's really interesting. Just out of slight curiously, do you know what Pokémon Japan is clamoring for outside of Mewtwo and Genesect (the latter being already deconfirmed)?
I'm unsure. I haven't done too much investigating, though the thread says that they wanted Zoroark. However, it is unknown if they legitimately wanted him or if he was expected.
They were mostly positive about Greninja.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/how-did-japanese-fans-react-to-the-greninja-smash-bros-update/

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The Japanese really liked Return to Dreqmland compared to Epic Yarn. RtDL sold more there from what I remember. I'm sure it's a game tat has influenced more people interested in Bandana Dee as a newcomer.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Hmm...?

I'm unsure. I haven't done too much investigating, though the thread says that they wanted Zoroark. However, it is unknown if they legitimately wanted him or if he was expected.
They were mostly positive about Greninja.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/how-did-japanese-fans-react-to-the-greninja-smash-bros-update/
Looking at that article I just realized that Japan is just as stupid as we are lol. They have the same console war arguments and ridiculous "where's x character" comments as well as the hate for the 3ds version. They have it all.

The Little Mac reactions remind of Smashboards at times too:

"I’m not as mad as I am dumbfounded. These character choices are such a joke"
"Too niche, should’ve been left as a trophy. They should be using other companies’ characters before ones like this"
"I’m honestly disappointed. I holding on to hope that you’ll actually pick some popular characters, Sakurai"

Yep, definitely rings a bell.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Looking at that article I just realized that Japan is just as stupid as we are lol. They have the same console war arguments and ridiculous "where's x character" comments as well as the hate for the 3ds version. They have it all.

The Little Mac reactions remind of Smashboards at times too:

"I’m not as mad as I am dumbfounded. These character choices are such a joke"
"Too niche, should’ve been left as a trophy. They should be using other companies’ characters before ones like this"
"I’m honestly disappointed. I holding on to hope that you’ll actually pick some popular characters, Sakurai"

Yep, definitely rings a bell.
Japan = GameFAQs

D

Deleted member

:awesome:
Just a little something I drew on Miiverse, with Bigley instead of Ridley. Edit- I had to be on my gamepad so I drew it from memory XD

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Whoa, Nightmare! Haven't seen him in years! Guess that shows they're going deep into Kirby lore.

It's painful not seeing BD with his comrads. But with another Kirby AT confirmed, we can still hold on!

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Then again, BD never fought Nightmare. Guess Sakurai likes finding ways to mess with us. :p

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUSYSSS WE CAN HAVE BANDANA DEE VS NIGHTMARE IN THAT NEW ALL STARS MODE SAKURAI IS DOING OK?!????????????????????????

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Nightmare is a pretty odd choice for an AT but I'm not complaining! There goes another spot down that could have been given to BD. :D
Bout time they're giving more kirby info, trying to hype it up for a certain character maybe? ;)

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Silly question, but do you think Bandana Dee's Character Art (The cool art that Newcomers get in their profiles) will be Clay? To represent the new Kirby game?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Silly question, but do you think Bandana Dee's Character Art (The cool art that Newcomers get in their profiles) will be Clay? To represent the new Kirby game?
No, cause it needs to fit the same style as the rest of the characters. Fire Emblem characters don't look anything like they look in the cutscenes, so I don't see why Bandana Dee would get special treatment. I mean, Rainbow Curse isn't even being developed by Sakurai.

Top Bottom