• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
This statement really bother me last night and NO one was talking about it
Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.

Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.
The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to bed now, guys. Hopefully when I wake up, the ballot will have finally ended. The wait has seriously been killing me. Bye for now, everyone!

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I always saw that but took it worth a grain of salt they could be talking about anything hackers themselves etc etc

Sorry my grammar is off I'm on mobile.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
it's clearly not the other
I would like you to tell me why it's not "the other" :drwtf:
the way they've worded it clearly points to it being a suggestion box
"In this poll you can let us know directly which character you'd like to see become the next new character in Super Smash Brothers"
That could mean anything, when it comes to stuff like this it isn't safe to say "it's most likely this"
it clearly points to it being a suggestion box.
Wait, so you're saying that it "points towards"
In other words you're assuming that is a suggestion box :drflip:

GUYS I CANT GO TO SLEEP

ITS MIDNIGHT

HELP
Meanwhile, It's 9 a.m. here in Perú

Anyway, try eating an apple
I heard it can keep you awake for quite some time

Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.

Still, I need Sakurai to say it personally :troll:
Trust no one, not even the Ballot :drflip:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not getting Masked Dedede as a Final Smash was his first strike.

No stage from RtD or TD was the second.

Don't give us a third, Sakurai. :evil:
Masked Dedede would be better as a set of (cosmetic) alts for Dedede, anyway. I'd actually use that. :laugh:

Now that I think of it, I remember that when the K. Rool costume got announced everyone started saying that K. Rool wasn't going to be playable despite all the suport that he has :drwtf:
Wasn't then when everyone said that it was just a suggestion box?
Yeah, that's the gist of it.

Thing is that it was never stated to be a popularity poll, and I can tell you for sure that it certainly isn't. It's never been directly said it's a suggetion box, but it's basically the true premise of it.
It's not an assumption, the way they've worded it is that it's a suggestion box, if it were a popularity poll, they would've worded it in that way. It's not an assumption if it can only be two and it's clearly not the other, really they don't have to say that directly that it's a suggestion box, the way they've worded it clearly points to it being a suggestion box. The only other reason for you questioning me like this is if you belive that it's a poll, is that true?
I'm with Chalo5000 Chalo5000 on this one, and I'll tell you for why: The implication of it being a suggestion box, when all of the others before it have been based on popularity*, is very likely because they expected a lot more fake votes, vote-rigging attempts, and so on, due to opening this one globally and they probably needed to find a nice way of saying "Goku and Shrek don't have a snowball's chance on Hotbeat, and Smash is not an advertising billboard for other random things" without directly saying it.

*Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Sonic would all like a word with anyone who would suggest that the Smash ballots aren't based on popularity, because that's how they all got in. ;)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
This is what it says on the American one.

Do you want your favorite video-game character to join the battle in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U? Well, here's your chance. If you post a video-game character’s name, we’ll consider turning that character into a Smash fighter! Please limit your vote to one per person.Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015.

Emphasis on consider

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Sakurai will point his finger at X user, saying, "How dare you vote for Y character when you post most often in the Z character support thread?"

I'm pretty sure it refers to the results.

:231:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Masked Dedede would be better as a set of (cosmetic) alts for Dedede, anyway. I'd actually use that. :laugh:

Yeah, that's the gist of it.

I'm with Chalo5000 Chalo5000 on this one, and I'll tell you for why: The implication of it being a suggestion box, when all of the others before it have been based on popularity*, is very likely because they expected fake votes, vote-rigging attempts, and so on, and they probably needed to find a nice way of saying "Goku and Shrek don't have a snowball's chance on Hotbeat, and Smash is not an advertising billboard for other random things" without directly saying it.

*Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Sonic would all like a word with anyone who would suggest that the Smash ballots aren't based on popularity, because that's how they all got in. ;)
The ballot is based on popularity though, it's a suggestion box wiith popularity factored in. It couldn't be a poll for reasons that're hard to specify, if it were than if not Shrek or Goku, than Electrode or Wreckless Wii Motion Safety Guy. You guys have been watching too much of this.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I would imagine that this disclaimer is because they might want to use some of the well-written suggestions in advertising copy for the ballot DLC fighters.

The ballot is based on popularity though, it's a suggestion box wiith popularity factored in. It couldn't be a poll for reasons that're hard to specify, if it were than if not Shrek or Goku, than Electrode or Wreckless Wii Motion Safety Guy. You guys have been watching too much of this.
I've never even seen that. I'm simply going by fifteen years of precedent set by the other polls.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I would imagine that this disclaimer is because they might want to use some of the well-written suggestions in advertising copy for the ballot DLC fighters.

I've never even seen that. I'm simply going by fifteen years of precedent set by the other polls.
I was just joking. ;) Don't worry. Also those were polls, we've never had a Smash Ballot.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Friendly reminder that a suggestion box with a popularity factor :drwtf:
Is the same as a voting poll without actual candidates :drshrug:
i would totally main dark classic pit btw
Also, off-topic :drohyou:
When Kirby hears about Edginess
ReservedXenoTheDarkSpeedHyperNovaM.FalJigglyGhostlyTortillaZeroFurretKeebeyLure9293ACSS500012.png

Again, something that I found in 4chan :dr-_-:

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Since the ballot has concluded, I'll just ask a few questions.
1)How likely do you think Bandana Dee is to become a fighter and why? (Rate from 1 to 100)
2)How do you think the data mining reveals with 3 empty character slots affects Bandana Dee?
3)Who do you think the 3 fighters will be and why?
4)Do you think Bandana Dee's inclusion in Smash would affect the Kirby series? Why?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
View attachment 76303
Ok then, hey everyone, Electrode and Wreckless Wii Motion Saftey Guy confirmed!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
View attachment 76303
I also forgot to say, Ow the edge.

1)How likely do you think Bandana Dee is to become a fighter and why? (Rate from 1 to 100)
2)How do you think the data mining reveals with 3 empty character slots affects Bandana Dee?
4)Do you think Bandana Dee's inclusion in Smash would affect the Kirby series? Why?
1. 70 (third most likely)
2. It makes him more likely
3. Wolf, K. Rool, either Dee or Isaac
4. Not sure

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What I mean by the fact that it's a suggestion box, is that it was stated that you'd suggest a character and they'd consider that character for Smash.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
1)I can't really say. Over 75 is all I can say for sure.
2)It kinda helps. Bandana Dee would probably just make the cut as the third fighter.
3)Wolf, King K.Rool or Dixie, Bandana Dee. They're all popular worldwide, are all awesome characters that would help their underrepresented series.
4)BDee will likely get more popular due to Smash, probably convincing the devs to put him in more Kirby games, but that's pretty much it.

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U
I'd say he has a fighting chance, 70-75 to be exact. The data mining could effect Bandanna Dees chances however, since there are more popular characters. (Like a certain grey anthropomorphic canine, half genie, and crocodile.) The way I see it, those three are most likely going to get in, Wolf because people have wanted him since he was unnecessarily cut from Sm4sh along with Lucas who became DLC later on, Shantae because Wayforward has been supporting Nintendo since Gameboy Color, and K.Rool because the sunnuva gun is EVERYWHERE, but a little part of me still hopes he gets in. Now if he WERE to get in Smash, I do not exactly know how it would effect the franchise. Who knows, maybe he'll be playable in later games along with MK and DDD. Fingers crossed, we'll get Kirby Air Ride 2 with a Waddle Dee class, but that's wishful thinking. (That or Mario Kart 8 DLC. Then again it would give the game relevance again.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
However there are things to consider for the ballot, such as their popularity, relevancy, uniqueness, and their future.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
1) 50
He has a chance, but I'm not overly confident
2) I have no Idea :drohyou:
3) I'm making a lot of mindless predictions :dr-_-:
- King K. Rool
- Wolf
- Isaac
- Shovel Knight
- Shantae
- Bandana Dee
- Rayman
- Dixie Kong
- Snake
- Tetra (?)
At least two of these characterse will be DLC :drifloon:
4) Yes, it will
The main reason of why everyone remembers Samus, Ness and Captain Falcon is because they are still in Smash
If BD becomes DeeLC, he will become part of the Smash family, making everyone respect him a bit more :drflip:
And with more respect, he'll become an even more staple character in the Kirby series :kirby:
What I mean by the fact that it's a suggestion box, is that it was stated that you'd suggest a character and they'd consider that character for Smash.
I was going to answer you, but then I cried instead :drsad:
It doesn't matter, just like I said before the ballot is practically over
We just vote for our favorite character and wait for Nintendo to do something :drshrug:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The main reason of why everyone remembers Samus, Ness and Captain Falcon is because they are still in Smash
If BD becomes DeeLC, he will be part of the Smash family, making everyone respect him a bit more :drflip:
And with more respect, he'll become an even more staple character in the Kirby series :kirby:
That's an almost surreal thought, when you put it like that. I mean, the Kirby series is bigger than Smash and all, but it's still weird seeing it written down that some characters - Samus, Ness, and Captain Falcon as you listed, plus the Star Fox cast - are all legitimately better-known through Smash than through their own series... :eek:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

1) 45%
2) Makes him more likely
3) I'm actually expecting 4, but I'll list what I think would happen if there's 3 :p, K.Rool/Dixie (Only one, not sure which though), Wolf, then either Waddle Dee, Isaac or Paper Mario.
4) I think his inclusion would help cement his role in the franchise and ensure he doesn't get forgotten like Adeleine.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's an almost surreal thought, when you put it like that. I mean, the Kirby series is bigger than Smash and all, but it's still weird seeing it written down that some characters - Samus, Ness, and Captain Falcon as you listed, plus the Star Fox cast - are all legitimately better-known through Smash than through their own series... :eek:
Another character that's an example of this is Shulk (muh main) who was fairly obscure overseas due to how the localization of Xenoblade was handled, and now that he's in Smash he's become more popular then his own franchise. It's still rather impressive!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Another character that's an example of this is Shulk (muh main) who was fairly obscure overseas due to how the localization of Xenoblade was handled, and now that he's in Smash he's become more popular then his own franchise. It's still rather impressive!
Xenoblade was localised in my own country and released here in a timely fashion, so I think he's a little better-known over here. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Xenoblade was localised in my own country and released here in a timely fashion, so I think he's a little better-known over here. ;)
Good thing is that it's getting a digital release on the VC, so now anyone can experience it over here without having to track it down! :)

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
1. 75-80
2. I think it doesnt affect him, and that we will get more as time goes on anyways
3. The first 3 will prob be Wolf, Krool, and Isaac or BDee
4. I think it will define him more as a character. Smash is known for making characters really expressive, and smash might give him his big personality trait.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
1) 40%
2)slightly increases
3) wolf, k. Rool and someone else, Isaac maybe.
4)not much. Meta knight's in smash and his inclusion in Kirby games seemed to decrease lately, I don't think smash affects the acctual series, utleast not Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Well... it has been a wild ride, but we made it to the end.
All we can do now... is wait.

Anyone else notice that notice that for the most part, about 20 different people posted here for hundreds of pages? Then everyone come back for the final countdown. It's weirdishly.

Some of those people are:
Me (I usually get 1 or 2 posts in a page because this thread moves so fast)
Furret24
Tortilla Noggin
Nintenzilla
Chandelure
GhostlyLure
Shadow Keebey
M.P
Bandana Dee3
MarioMeteor
FEEHEELINGGS... Wo Wo Wo
TheDarkMetaKnight
AndreaAC
Chalo5000
D-Man9293

Edit:
Logo12
SuperSegaSonicSS
Speedwagon
Hypernovaguy64
Still probably forgot some people. Let me know if you were overlooked.
I know that I don't post as much, though.

1. 20%. He has some demand and is important to the Kirby series, but I can see him be overlooked.
2. I don't think it affects him at all.
3. With how unpredictable Sakurai is, I can't say.
4. Yes, I think he will become more of a mainstay and main character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1) 55% - A bit more likely to get in than not.
2) Hard to say. One thing is clear - they can add additional slots should the need arise, so theoretically it shouldn't affect his chances. But it's very possible that those three are the ballot slots, so it might lower his chances.
3) Wolf, someone, someone
4) Not really. The RtDL team is pretty the mainstay of the series since 2011 and that will likely stay just like that. Yeah, Meta Knight seems to have taken a back seat for now, but I'm sure he'll be back in future games.

:231:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
>JigglyHitler
It's sad that my life has gotten to a point where I don't consider that strange.

So, the Ballot's over. Pretty soon it'll all be done and we'll be riding out in either triumph or defeat. Either way, know that I had a hell of a time. The ups, the downs, the puns, the memes, the...stranger moments. But you get it. Cross every limb you have, and may the Dee be with us all.
1.) If Wolf is a 90%, then I'd say Bandanna Dee is somewhere around 60/70%.
2.) I don't buy it. If it was true though, it definitely hurts his chances. Especially if Sakurai is picking the winners just based on how they fared in the poll and not the actual logic or reason.
3.) Wolf, (insert character here), (insert character here).
4.) Probably not. He's already a main character, I don't see how they could change anything relating to him any more.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
if you guys hear anything new on the polls can you let me know I'll be spending most of my week end starting development on a personal project

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
oct 4 here.
GUYS I CANT GO TO SLEEP

ITS MIDNIGHT

HELP
Midnight here too, but can't help... I myself isn't even hyped for this for some reason.

I no longer cared about this sentence :drshrug:
I've been embarrassed here and there already, I don't really care about if my awkward reason, rants for how other DLC got in already, more awkward reason, and one last vote which is also some awkward reason, will be shown. If that trades for getting my wanted in.

Granted this isn't even about Dee anymore but still...

Edit: OMG tfw you quoted something and realize it's one page ago. aaaaaaaaa
1) 2, I'm surely gonna get killed but I sincerely don't think anyone have a chance above say 3 or something.
2) Overall, I still hold the thought that was carried out when I made a YR topic that actually became a prophecy that it might conclude the rest of DLCs we have. Not sure how it affects Dee, but it's helping.... I guess? I don't even know what will change anymore. Surely it won't lower one's chance or anything but I don't really think there's any visible chance change or what. Same applies to everyone.
3) Again, I fail to predict anything despite just became one known prophet in SmashFAQs for no reason and I doubt even Wolf will happen. Pessimisms....
4) Not applicable for answer; I have extremely low knowledge of Kirby outside BiTF and Smash.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
1) I'm unsure.
2) It makes no difference. It's not like having two empty slots means we'll only get two.
3) I think there will be at least four characters. The only character I believe has a sure-fire chance is Wolf.
4) It'll make Kirby more popular.

Top Bottom