• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

No problem, i figured it out a long time ago by clicking reply on a post that had a spoiler. :p
What the hell is this? i've seen alot of weird stuff but this...
Look at who Yacht Club Games supports.
:p
This is beautiful for once we have a company supporting a character that's not their own, and it's bandana dee of all the choices!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I originally thought wolf was gonna be announced to be coming out with Starfox zero when the ballot ended, but with Zero beign delayed I see wolf being delayed as well. I'm sure wolf is gonna have his starfox zero voice and look, which haven't been shown off yet.

I think for the ballot ending it's gonna be a silent ending.

But Ive said that after the ballot I am expecting 5 characters:
Wolf, King K Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, and Ice Climbers

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The Wolf Thread has been talking about a leaked date for the next Nintendo direct on the 14th from a "reliable" (hopefully) source. Let's hope it's true!

Furret24

Smash Master
To celebrate the halloween season, I have changed my profile pic to something Uber scary.

On a related note, the ballot ends very soon. I can't wait to see the characters that end up getting in. :)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Look at who Yacht Club Games supports.
:p
Yacht Club Games have been dropping some not-so-subtle hints about Shovel Knight being in the game, if he really is in the game than they'd know about other newcomers being developed, (two prime examples of this would be the ESRB leak and when the Xenoblade director re-tweeted the special character announcement before Robin was even revealed to the public) so this could very well be hinting at Bandana Dee's inclusion. ( Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin One thing I also want to point out is that the Fox costume may be hinting at Wolf for reasons I can't specify because I don't have enough time, other than it has to do with re-used assets from the Plaza)

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
The ballot's end draws ever near
Fans are in a buzz
We know they vote for Shrek and more
They say "It's just because."
We'll never know who gets in
But we hope for the Dee and K. Rool
The fanbase is waiting to bash on them
Yelling: "Sakurai that ain't cool!"
A few days left and we vote like heck
Still waiting for more content
Or waiting for more characters, sure
We'll buy to our hearts content.
The ballot closes on the 3rd
It'll end where it all started
It's time to see if Sakurai's generous,
Or if he's just cold-hearted.
But wether or not we get what we want
That's just how it will be
So please stop what you're doing
And vote for Bandana Dee!
We accomplish things like art and songs
Here in the BD thread.
Who cares about Deetractors?
To the future we look ahead.
From sharing memories and bad puns
Or cursing out whoever
We patiently wait smash news
That will change its history forever.

I've enjoyed the thread guys!
We can get him in!
DEELIVE IN HIM!

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
just a stupid late idea, i believe Bandana Dee should have the same jump properties as partners in Kirby Super Star, he can jump as much as kirby, but then his jumps only allow him to glide slowly in the air.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Who knows, maybe Yacht Club supporting Dee will inspire others to do so.
Also, what is you guys' favourite version of Gourmet Race (in a Kirby game, excluding Smash*)? I gotta go with original.

*This allows the Fountain of Dreams music, but only the version that appeared in Nightmare in Dream Land.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's possible, I posted a reason why this may be up above, you may want to read it.;)
They aren't really a part of Nintendo to know anything about the Smash DLC, the only thing would they know is of Shovel Knight's inclusion, but even then that's just rumors and stuff atm. I wouldn't put much thought into it, another company wouldn't know anything from Nintendo like that.

Konky Dong

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee or Adeleine (or BOTH), to complete the Kirby 64 gang. But WALUIGI FIRST!
Good thing for me that Nintendo reads and takes seriously every DLC request on the Internet!

Konky Dong

Smash Rookie
Also, what is you guys' favourite version of Gourmet Race (in a Kirby game, excluding Smash*)?
Definitely the NiDL version. It's so atmospheric and powerful, especially if you have the Parasol and float down to Dedede when you enter his door.

Actually, Air Ride had the Melee version as an alt track for Nebula Belt or whatever it was called. Does that count?

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What I mean is that the fact that the costume is reused from the Plaza may mean that its quick production could imply that Wolf is coming, but who knows. Another possibility was that it was to compensate for the delay of SFZ.
It's probably just that Star Fox was unrepresented on the costumes front. Remember, aside from just applying these costumes to Mii Fighters, you can also assign them to the three Mii Fighter Amiibos, and they're going to want plenty of variety as a value-add for that investment. ;)

Also, what is you guys' favourite version of Gourmet Race (in a Kirby game, excluding Smash*)? I gotta go with original.

*This allows the Fountain of Dreams music, but only the version that appeared in Nightmare in Dream Land.
Most definitely the original. There are some good arrangements of it that have been made since, but nothing beats the original. :grin:

Also, while I'm here, I've just sketched up a quick doodle showing Bandana Waddle Dee looking nervous as the end of the ballot approaches;

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's probably just that Star Fox was unrepresented on the costumes front. Remember, aside from just applying these costumes to Mii Fighters, you can also assign them to the three Mii Fighter Amiibos, and they're going to want plenty of variety as a value-add for that investment. ;)

Most definitely the original. There are some good arrangements of it that have been made since, but nothing beats the original. :grin:

Also, while I'm here, I've just sketched up a quick doodle showing Bandana Waddle Dee looking nervous as the end of the ballot approaches;

Yeah, it definitely is a valuable investment.

SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS Why the long face? :(

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
When I get back from school I'm going to share my history with Bandana Dee and the Smash Ballot, be on the lookout! :)

After seeing this, I have to say my expected characters have changed. Even though before I thought that Shovel Knight was a no, becuse he's not in Japan yet, I think he's a pretty likely choice at this.
So.. which characters you are predicting now?

I'm personally sticking with Wolf-Rool-Dee-Isaac prediction. I still don't see Shovel Knight as likely, as I don't believe that those tweets mean anything.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last 2 or 3 days.

This thread itself is more than 3 years old now. We've been through a lot. For now, I've decided to kick back and enjoy the ride, and see where it takes us.

:231:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last 2 or 3 days.

This thread itself is more than 3 years old now. We've been through a lot. For now, I've decided to kick back and enjoy the ride, and see where it takes us.

The trouble is, the ride's kind of been like DKC's minecart levels, at times! :laugh:

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
A little bit of potentially-interesting information has popped up, today: HAL Laboratory has opened an official Japanese Twitter account.

I don't dare to hope that the timing seeming unusual has anything to do with anything, as I doubt that this has anything to do with the ballot, but I figured that it was worth mentioning anyway. ;)
Who knows, they may announce a new Kirby game from there. Lots of announcements happen on Twitter, right?

Furret24

Smash Master
True.

View attachment 75964
The ride has been rough, but we're more than prepared no matter what the outcome, aren't we?

> Sakurai announces a character to be released on October
> Hints at it being a big, green character that has gotten a lot fan support
> I update my copy of Smash U at 3am (darn timezones) on October 3rd
> Proceeds to find Shrek character DLC on the eshop.

:/

Last edited:
Top Bottom