• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, some of us are in the US, so his B-Day could be today.
Indeed, though as I've said before, I really don't get the point of marking the anniversary of something's debut on a date that's months or years late. With media, the original release date of the product is always what's considered the date on which its anniversary will be marked. That's why us over here in Europe have been marking Super Mario Bros.'s 30th anniversary on its 30th anniversary, instead of in 2017, and Pokemon's 20th anniversary is being marked in time for 2016 and not 2018 or 2019, for example. :p

Last edited:
Indeed, though as I've said before, I really don't get the point of marking the anniversary of something's debut on a date that's months or years late. With media, the original release date of the product is always what's considered the date on which its anniversary will be marked. That's why us over here in Europe have been marking Super Mario Bros.'s 30th anniversary on its 30th anniversary, instead of in 2017, for example. :p
Speaking of anniversaries, I'm little annoyed that in my country, SMB's 30th anniversary is always referred as Mario's 30th anniversary... :facepalm: Mario debuted four years before SMB was released.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Indeed, though as I've said before, I really don't get the point of marking the anniversary of something's debut on a date that's months or years late. With media, the original release date of the product is always what's considered the date on which its anniversary will be marked. That's why us over here in Europe have been marking Super Mario Bros.'s 30th anniversary on its 30th anniversary, instead of in 2017, and Pokemon's 20th anniversary is being marked in time for 2016 and not 2018 or 2019, for example. :p
I know.

Speaking of anniversaries, I'm little annoyed that in my country, SMB's 30th anniversary is always referred as Mario's 30th anniversary... :facepalm: Mario debuted four years before SMB was released.
I think it's that way everywhere. That's how the weird Americans of America do it, not sure about anywhere else.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That's been driving me barmy, as well, but I think it has more to do with Nintendo frequently marking milestone anniversaries for Super Mario Bros. and calling them Mario anniversaries, whilst at the same time not marking the anniversary of his debut and consequently also ignoring the DK series' anniversaries altogether, even though the Mario series was spun off from Donkey Kong.

At least they marked Kirby's 20th correctly, eh? :laugh:

I know you know. :laugh: Just explaining my logic. :)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I know.
I think it's that way everywhere. That's how the weird Americans of America do it, not sure about anywhere else.
They do it here in Germany too along with the U.K. and I think the rest of Europe, so your probably right, Nintendo's just weird with anniversaries I guess :p.

That's been driving me barmy, as well, but I think it has more to do with Nintendo frequently marking milestone anniversaries for Super Mario Bros. and calling them Mario anniversaries, whilst at the same time not marking the anniversary of his debut and consequently also ignoring the DK series' anniversaries altogether, even though the Mario series was spun off from Donkey Kong.

Poor Mario, always on the shadow of his own series.... even Luigi got his own anniversary. :laugh:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

I hope for a big thing for the 25th Kirbyversarie. (that term will not catch on)

???
How do you know that I know? (did I say?)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I hope for a big thing for the 25th Kirbyversarie. (that term will not catch on)
Surely it'll be an AnniKirbsary? (Ok, no, that's terrible. :laugh:)

???
How do you know that I know? (did I say?)
As I've said before, us Dedede mainers have good foresight. ;)

EDIT: Seriously, though, it was obvious from the context of your original post.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just shy of two weeks to go.

Godspeed, friends - may we waddle into the hereafter for fun and for glory!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I know.

Yeah, now the Americans of Europe, they do things completely different. And don't even get me started on the Americans of Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
here is your weekly reminder that I call dibs on the Bandana Dee Competitive and General Discussion thread.
Heh! I'll just have to join yours then. :p

Boy, if BD gets in, I can't wait to see what tier people claim he's in. IMO, tiers don't matter. I just want to see everyone's reaction to his moveset. Won't that be the day. :chuckle:

"What the heck Sakurai! Bandana Dee is the cheapest character in Smash!"

"He makes Diddy Kong's hoo ha look like a gentle storm!"

"If Bandana Dee was like this in the games?! GOD TIER!"

Oh I'm dying of laughter just thinking about it.
And before you ask, he won't be Dee tier.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
So, people are expecting a second stage with the Mario Maker one, I hope it's a Kirby stage.
I wouldn't care if it's Fountain of Dreams or something new, I just want more music.
I hope it's a Mother stage.

Or a Bandana Dee stage.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Man our thread has really began to lose..substance.

We don't talk about anything interesting anymore.\

We need to work on that.

How bout it guys?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

We need to work on that.

How bout it guys?
What can we do right now, though? :(

We're less than two weeks away from the end of the ballot, and it seems that every regular I know has taken in the sombre mood of the twilight days of the thing, and is making the best of the hanging-out-with-fellow-fans part that goes along with these support threads, since there's little else that campaigning can really do at this late stage.

I try to keep my posts as Kirby-focussed as always, but we've got little to go on there right now, too. Aside from a few merchandise items, the only recent "news" of any substance there was mentioned by @Helmslock recently, where the HAL guys mentioned some trivia about the power-amplifying mask that Dedede uses as Masked Dedede, in one of their many recent suspiciously-very-very-Dedede-focussed Miiverse postings. :laugh:

I'm open to suggestions, but there seems to be little to discuss right now because there's just plain little to discuss right now, unfortunately. :p

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I am a little late but apparently it's BD's BDay so happy BDay BD!
In case you don't get the joke, BDay stands for birthday

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about we talk about everyone favourite gijinka kirby characters? my favourite one is a human version of drawcia and paintra.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
What can we do right now, though? :(

We're less than two weeks away from the end of the ballot, and it seems that every regular I know has taken in the sombre mood of the twilight days of the thing, and is making the best of the hanging-out-with-fellow-fans part that goes along with these support threads, since there's little else that campaigning can really do at this late stage.

I try to keep my posts as Kirby-focussed as always, but we've got little to go on there right now, too. Aside from a few merchandise items, the only recent "news" of any substance there was mentioned by @Helmslock recently, where the HAL guys mentioned some trivia about the power-amplifying mask that Dedede uses as Masked Dedede, in one of their many recent suspiciously-very-very-Dedede-focussed Miiverse postings. :laugh:

I'm open to suggestions, but there seems to be little to discuss right now because there's just plain little to discuss right now, unfortunately. :p
I'm trying to avoid sombre moods. I am not sure how well I handle them. Dedede focused huh. Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe sequel confirmed.;)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm trying to avoid sombre moods. I am not sure how well I handle them.
Let's avoid them some more, then!

Dedede focused huh. Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe sequel confirmed.;)
I've been watching this for some time, and there's a heavy amount of Dedede-bias on show in a large number of HAL's official Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe postings, especially recently.

The big points of note for me are how they mentioned how part of the name choice for Kirby Triple Deluxe, aside from referencing Kirby Super Deluxe, was to bring some focus back to Dedede since he's important to that game because it can be shortened as "3D" or "D3", how they specified that Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is Dedede's first solo game, and how the posting that Helmslock linked to was partly about Kirby Super Star Ultra, but was concluded with some unusual wording saying about how they'd made it sound like the game was all about Dedede.

I'm watching what they say like a hawk at the moment, because part of me is beginning to wonder if they plan on giving Dedede his own game that isn't a side thing like Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. :p Now that is something that I would love to see.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

We need to work on that.

How bout it guys?
Honestly, there's not much we can do about that. It's the last couple of weeks of the ballot, everyone's anxious, and Nintendo still feels like keeping us in the dark. Most threads are probably like this.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Honestly, there's not much we can do about that. It's the last couple of weeks of the ballot, everyone's anxious, and Nintendo still feels like keeping us in the dark. Most threads are probably like this.
Will this thread close after that?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Since there's nothing really going on :drifloon:
And I really wanted to post something relevant
Have some music :drwtf:
Maybe I should have waited for "Music Monday" but whatever :dr-_-:
We could try to keep this thread alive for some more time posting random stuff like cool pictures or music
Just like this drawing of Sailor Dee I found on 4chan :dr^_^:

war never changes.png

I was supossed to tell you why I like everything in page 500
But Iwata passed away and I just kinda forgot
So here's the explanation (unnecesarily long)
The reason of why I like all the posts, even the ones on the other threads
Is because I just like to think that the person will get happy when he/she sees that someone liked what he/she said
I don't really like seeing posts that has no likes, because it kinda looks like if no one really cares about what that person said and they just ignore it (except when it's a troll, something rude or I'm angry with that person)
Also, the fact that I just like to like other posts :drohyou:
Tell @Helmslock why I like all the posts [✓]

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Since there's nothing really going on :drifloon:
And I really wanted to post something relevant
Have some music :drwtf:
Maybe I should have waited for "Music Monday" but whatever :dr-_-:
We could try to keep this thread alive for some more time posting random stuff like cool pictures or music
Just like this drawing of Sailor Dee I found on 4chan :dr^_^:

View attachment 74367
I was supossed to tell you why I like everything in page 500
But Iwata passed away and I just kinda forgot
So here's the explanation (unnecesarily long)
The reason of why I like all the posts, even the ones on the other threads
Is because I just like to thing that the person will get happy when he/she sees that someone liked what he/she said
I don't really like seeing posts that has no likes, because it kinda looks like if no one really cares about what that person said and they just ignore it (except when it's a troll, something rude or I'm angry with that person)
Also, the fact that I just like to like other posts :drohyou:
Tell @Helmslock why I like all the posts [✓]
xD Awesome music even if I don't understand Japanese. I wish I could find the remix that appears in the anime, the one that plays when "Macho-san" is doing the torture excercise thing.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
GhostlyLure GhostlyLure

We need to work on that.

How bout it guys?
Pretty much what he said. Try, try as some might everyone's work is pretty much done and we're just waiting for the ball to drop. For those who's character makes it in they will be able to move to a shiny new character subforum. For everyone else, their support threads will be closed as does the curtains on that character for the most part. Smashboards is going to be a very different place once the DLC ends. I spend all of my Smashboards time on these support threads where all the lively discussion, speculation, rumors, and appreciation for Nintendo characters happens.

So for pretty much everyone there's nothing left to talk about, hence why discussions become broad just to talk about something, and it's not like we need to keep the thread full on campaign mode anymore.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Depends on whether Bandana Dee makes it or not. That's where part of the sombreness is coming from.
To be fair, that is just when the ballot ENDS. Not necessarily when they announce the results.

I think it is plausible that a new character is coming with the Super Mario Maker stage though, since the dates are close.

Honestly there are a lot of variables that could determine several different outcomes. I guess we won't really know until we get more word and more things start to happen. For all we know, they could announce the new character ala Mewtwo. But as far as I am concerned, there is another stage coming with the Super Mario Maker one too, so..

Who knows, really. I wonder if a character is considered "deconfirmed" if they aren't the results? That would mean that every other character that isn't the winner has their thread locked? I only think this would make sense if they said they wouldn't be doing anymore DLC though. Anyways, yeah, we just have to wait and see until then.

Hopefully they do some sort of Smash Direct, since Directs in general were confirmed to continue.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
To be fair, that is just when the ballot ENDS. Not necessarily when they announce the results.

I think it is plausible that a new character is coming with the Super Mario Maker stage though, since the dates are close.

Honestly there are a lot of variables that could determine several different outcomes. I guess we won't really know until we get more word and more things start to happen. For all we know, they could announce the new character ala Mewtwo. But as far as I am concerned, there is another stage coming with the Super Mario Maker one too, so..

Who knows, really. I wonder if a character is considered "deconfirmed" if they aren't the results? That would mean that every other character that isn't the winner has their thread locked? I only think this would make sense if they said they wouldn't be doing anymore DLC though. Anyways, yeah, we just have to wait and see until then.

Hopefully they do some sort of Smash Direct, since Directs in general were confirmed to continue.
True, there's no guarantee that all Ballot DLC will be announced the day of it ending. God forbid they want to string us along even more. However, everyone's looking at Sakurai's "I can't keep the team around much longer" and "there are several more characters" quotes. Paraphrased. Sakurai completed the last Smash related Miiverse photo challenge based on the Unity theme, which is another hint that Sakurai is winding down post-launch development. Some may argue this point, but I fully believe that once the Ballot ends and they release the characters from it, they will say if there will be no more DLC.

My fear is that characters from the Ballot might not be as clear cut as all of us think. They technically don't -have- to put in anyone at any given time, since this Ballot will be used for reference later and not just for the purpose of Smash 4 DLC.

I'm anxious and impatient right now, many of us are.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
xD Awesome music even if I don't understand Japanese. I wish I could find the remix that appears in the anime, the one that plays when "Macho-san" is doing the torture excercise thing.
You mean this? :drifloon:
HAY! HAY! HAY! HAY! ONE TWO! ONE TWO!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So since it's almost the end of the ballot, I decided to post this song to help push us forward, enjoy!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
We just need to talk more..meaningful but I mean go back to pages like the 200's we have so much fun and interesting conversations compared to how not it just feels like we are dragging on.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We just need to talk more..meaningful but I mean go back to pages like the 200's we have so much fun and interesting conversations compared to how not it just feels like we are dragging on.
That tends to happen after 663 pages of constant discussion on the same topic. We're sort of wrung dry.
Speaking of which, I want to reiterate that I'm not posting on page 666. I'm not trying to get cursed by some freaky New Orleans/Bandanna Dee/Internet Voodoo magic ****.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That tends to happen after 663 pages of constant discussion on the same topic. We're sort of wrung dry.
Speaking of which, I want to reiterate that I'm not posting on page 666. I'm not trying to get cursed by some freaky New Orleans/Bandanna Dee/Internet Voodoo magic ****.
That'll be pretty eerie if the Bandana Dee thread reached 666 pages and people stopped posting on it...just sitting there...at 666 pages...

Top Bottom