• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of course Chandelure would want to own his thread :p

Either way, as long as it doesn't have to do with yarn I support anything Kirby (not that I hate Epic Yarn, I just don't like Prince Fluff). Even then, Waddle Dee has been a pretty nice addition to the Kirby series, and I loved the Spear ability in Return to Dreamland, so I think Waddle Dee is easily the best choice if Kirby gets anything else.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Of course Chandelure would want to own his thread :p

Either way, as long as it doesn't have to do with yarn I support anything Kirby (not that I hate Epic Yarn, I just don't like Prince Fluff). Even then, Waddle Dee has been a pretty nice addition to the Kirby series, and I loved the Spear ability in Return to Dreamland, so I think Waddle Dee is easily the best choice if Kirby gets anything else.
Yes XD, this thread was so abandoned and that's why I wanted to be the new owner (Thanks FalKoopa).
Thanks for your support Wariofan1!
Spear rules! I don't like Prince Fluff, it's just a combination of Kirby, yarn and the face of a Bronto Burt .

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Gosh dang it Prince Fluff sucks.
EDIT: Could you put in a list of supporters? They do it on some other sites, and I think it is cool.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The spear ability being one of my favorite abilities in the kirby series I would not mind a playable Bandana Dee.

I would like to see more of playable Bandana Dee first, but then again a spot in the roster could help him to become a reccuring character in the kirby series.

So, GO BANDANA DEE as long that you spare Ridley's life.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Prince Fluff is OK. But I don't want him in Smash.

I prefer Bandana Dee as a character and I want him in Smash. Bandana Dee isn't exactly one of the more likely characters overall, but for a Kirby newcomer? The most obvious choice without a doubt.

I'd even main Bandana Dee if he got in. He is one of my most wanted newcomers.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Prince Fluff rulez.
The only character who could be at bandana likely level is knuckle joe, and i doubt it inmensely.

Im sure bandana will be... as part of DDD side special ;P

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The spear ability being one of my favorite abilities in the kirby series I would not mind a playable Bandana Dee.

I would like to see more of playable Bandana Dee first, but then again a spot in the roster could help him to become a reccuring character in the kirby series.

So, GO BANDANA DEE as long that you spare Ridley's life.
Prince Fluff is OK. But I don't want him in Smash.

I prefer Bandana Dee as a character and I want him in Smash. Bandana Dee isn't exactly one of the more likely characters overall, but for a Kirby newcomer? The most obvious choice without a doubt.

I'd even main Bandana Dee if he got in. He is one of my most wanted newcomers.
Thanks for your support guys!
Prince Fluff rulez.
The only character who could be at bandana likely level is knuckle joe, and i doubt it inmensely.

Im sure bandana will be... as part of DDD side special ;P
¡Tú eres el siguiente!

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I once supported the idea of Prince Fluff being in Smash. I did like Epic Yarn and I saw a lot of potential in Prince Fluff getting moves from that game.

I stopped supporting him after when I realized that Bandana Dee would be a much better option to represent the Kirby series. That and I love the Spear ability in Kirby's Return to Dream Land! Bandana Dee's moveset would be more fun than the moveset I originally thought of for Prince Fluff to be honest.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am sure that it has already been mentioned, but he is truly the only viable Kirby character. The only notion that opposes his inclusion is Sakurai's incessant modesty.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You should change this to mention that he had cameos in Mass Attack and Dram Collection.
Well actually, I think that his inclusion in Dream Collection is a little more important than just a cameo.
Waddle Dee appeared next to the obvious most important characters in Kirby games: Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. The fact that Waddle Dee was included in the beginning cutscene, game disc, anniversary booklet, etc. along with the most important characters in the franchise proves to me that Waddle Dee is becoming a very important Kirby character.

Edit: Oh, and Chandy, in a list of arguments you should mention Sakurai's modesty, and the fact that Sakurai has left the series and he was not the one to give Waddle Dee a playable role, therefore he is less modest towards this character than Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
Although I don't know if that's a good enough answer.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well actually, I think that his inclusion in Dream Collection is a little more important than just a cameo.
Waddle Dee appeared next to the obvious most important characters in Kirby games: Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. The fact that Waddle Dee was included in the beginning cutscene, game disc, anniversary booklet, etc. along with the most important characters in the franchise proves to me that Waddle Dee is becoming a very important Kirby character.
It's still a cameo

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's still a cameo
But still, I don't know if the beginning cutscene is really a cameo when you consider the fact that it is made extremely obvious that this character is indeed Waddle Dee.
Cameo is more like a very miniscule appearance, often hidden. Waddle Dee is used to promote a game being sold for Kirby's 20th Anniversary.
If you ask me, that's huge.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I thought waddle dee was already an important Kirby character, you know kind of like a mix between the goomba/toad for the Mario series, he has been in every Kirby game to date (to my knowledge) as the main generic enemy along with being an ally in some games, and was given very special parts in some of the biggest games ( the sailer waddle dee, the waddle dee in 64) and this waddle dee "bandana dee", he and the species was already an important character to the franchise, its just now that he and the entire waddle dee species is getting more noticeably

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Look up the definition of "cameo" and come back.
"A brief appearance of a prominent actor, as in a single scene of a motion picture."

I haven't played Dream Collection, but from what I've heard it sounds like he's only in one or two scenes, which barely amounts to more than a cameo.

Morbi

Scavenger
"A brief appearance of a prominent actor, as in a single scene of a motion picture."

I haven't played Dream Collection, but from what I've heard it sounds like he's only in one or two scenes, which barely amounts to more than a cameo.
That seems arbitrary, that would be like me calling a children's book a short story based on the notion that the picture book was short. Most people wouldn't call prevalent appearances in the same source material a cameo, but do as you wish.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Guys, look at this:

This is the intro of Return to Dreamland, in the part at 2:47, with no reason, something knocks Bandana Dee, sending him flying.
This is an obvious reference to SSB...BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Chandelure, if I do make a moveset, would you want all the attacks, or just specials? I'm up for either, though I'd prefer to make a full moveset.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Chandelure, if I do make a moveset, would you want all the attacks, or just specials? I'm up for either, though I'd prefer to make a full moveset.
:D
If you want, you can make the full moveset except specials, because SuperBrawler wants to do that.
Thanks you so much for this!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If you want ,you can make the full moveset except specials,because SuperBrawler wants to do that.
No problem! It will take some time, though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If you want ,you can make the full moveset except specials,because SuperBrawler wants to do that.
Anyone can make a moveset Chandelure. SuperBrawler can do specials, but anyone else can too, you know?
And because of this, I'll have a moveset for ya too.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
No problem! It will take some time, though.
Thank you again!, take all the time you need :)
Anyone can make a moveset Chandelure. SuperBrawler can do specials, but anyone else can too, you know?
And because of this, I'll have a moveset for ya too.
Thanks! :)
Maybe, when all the movesets are finished, we can make a fusion with the best attacks of all the movesets to make the DEFINITIVE BANDANA DEE MOVESET!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dropping in to say that I support him. I was a fan of Knuckle Joe previously,... but his chances are near dead, so....

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dropping in to say that I support him. I was a fan of Knuckle Joe previously,... but his chances are near dead, so....
At least Knuckle Joe will obviously be an Assist trophy again, one of the best Assist trophies if you ask me.
Thank you for your support and for made me the new owner of this thread, Falkoopa!

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm not sure if I'm a supporter already, but definitely add me if I'm not.
You voted YES in the poll, so...you are a supporter! :D
If you press the number of votes in the poll you will see the supporters (YES) and the enemies (NO).

Last edited:

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I think Kirby is more than significant to warrant a 4th rep and Bandana Dee is a good fourth

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think Kirby is more than significant to warrant a 4th rep and Bandana Dee is a good fourth
Thank you for your support!
Kirby is an excellent and big franchise, is really weird that it has less (Melee) or the same characters (Brawl) than StarFox.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Thank you for your support!
Kirby is an excellent and big franchise,is really weird that it has less (Melee) or the same characters (Brawl) than StarFox.
1. sakurai modesty, but in truth he wanted to put in king dedede in since smash 64 (unconfirmed, I'm looking for the source)
2. no one knows why, I guess he just wanted to add a third star fox character (though I was very happy about that, I love wolf :awesome:)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
1. sakurai modesty, but in truth he wanted to put in king dedede in since smash 64 (unconfirmed, I'm looking for the source)
2. no one knows why, I guess he just wanted to add a third star fox character (though I was very happy about that, I love wolf :awesome:)
Sakurai's modesty, I hate that thing :mad:
I really like Fox, Falco and Wolf :) ,it is just that I think Kirby deserves more characters.

I have a question...Who has a Wii U with Miiverse or a Twitter here?
I know that the roster is probably finished and maybe Bandana Dee is in the roster, but if he is not...:cry: maybe this will make Sakurai change his opinion and he will make Bandana Dee a last minute character or even a DLC. I think that Sakurai needs to know that Bandana Dee has a lot of fans who wants him in SSB4 and Kirby deserves another character.
And please,don't make the Geno argument, he is not in the game because he is a third party and is not important to the Mario series,not because Sakurai doesn't care about popularity.
What's your opinion about this? Do you think is necessary?

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Sakurai's modesty,I hate that thing :mad:
I really like Fox,Falco and Wolf :) ,it is just that I think Kirby deserves more characters.

I have a question...Who has a Wii U with Miiverse or a Twitter here?
I know that the roster is probably finished and maybe Bandana Dee is in the roster,but if he is not...:cry: maybe this will make Sakurai change his opinion and he will make Bandana Dee a last minute character or even a DLC. I think that Sakurai needs to know that Bandana Dee has a lot of fans who wants him in SSB4 and Kirby deserves another character.
And please,don't make the Geno argument, he is not in the game because he is a third party and is not important to the Mario series,not because Sakurai doesn't care about popularity.
What's your opinion about this? Do you think is necessary?
ya I hate it too, but it was present in 64 and melee, Kirby has cool characters, lets just be glad that dedede and meta knight made it in brawl,

same with me, i'm very happy they all got in regardless what anyone else say (though back then I only wanted fox and wolf in melee, falco was a nice surprise, though not as big as wolf in brawl :awesome:) and I also really want bandana dee in, he is my 2nd favorite newcommer

anyway I don't, I don't got on those sites mainly because half of the people (most for miiverse) are braindead, I just don't waste my time there.
and I don't think its necessary, sakurai is well aware of all characters popularity (or at least most) i'm pretty sure there is a good amount of people asking for him to be in, though it would never hurt to be certain, so if you want to make it, feel free to I'll support the movement

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
ya I hate it too, but it was present in 64 and melee, Kirby has cool characters, lets just be glad that dedede and meta knight made it in brawl,

same with me, i'm very happy they all got in regardless what anyone else say (though back then I only wanted fox and wolf in melee, falco was a nice surprise, though not as big as wolf in brawl :awesome:) and I also really want bandana dee in, he is my 2nd favorite newcommer

anyway I don't, I don't got on those sites mainly because half of the people (most for miiverse) are braindead, I just don't waste my time there.
and I don't think its necessary, sakurai is well aware of all characters popularity (or at least most) i'm pretty sure there is a good amount of people asking for him to be in, though it would never hurt to be certain, so if you want to make it, feel free to I'll support the movement
Thanks for your opinion!
I know that it sounds weird or desperate XD , but I really want to do my best effort with the Bandana Dee support :)
But you are right, is not necessary.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Thanks for your opinion!
I know that it sounds weird or desperate XD ,but I really want to do my best effort with the Bandana Dee support :)
But you are right ,is not necessary.
it is a bit, but there has been a lot worst supports movements out there (see geno section, see Krystal section, see gradevoir section) so trust me you won't being doing anything that could be consider weird, not by a long shot :laugh:
and I agree, I'll help out with the support too, or what I'll call it from now on, the bandana movement :awesome:

Top Bottom