• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I always thought that Megaton Punch Would make Stone Tables fall from the sky and everyone who gets caught by it would get deestroyed by BD
But also everyone who wasn't caught would get hit by collateral damage
That's at least how I think it should work :dr^_^:
You've never played Rayman Legends or Origins, have you? Those two games alone proves that he has so much Smash potential. However, this isn't a Rayman thread. It's the Bandana Dee thread. ;)
Both of you are forgetting that even if you don't like Rayman's games
There are people who really like those games
He has a fanbase, a lot of moveset potential and three trophies in Smash, it's weird that he isn't already in
*coughandGenocoughcough*. Sorry, I forgot to take my cough medicine

Got ya covered

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't see how punching the ground would equate to a trapping Final Smash. Besides, we already have enough people trying to imitate Ike, but there are very few area-of-effect Final Smashes.
I was thinking it would be: Bandana Dee traps the opponent in a bunch of rock slabs, then you quite literally play the Megaton Punch minigame. The end result is a lot of damage. Any fighters on the ground are buried when you punch.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
In the beginning, I was against Bandana Dee for Smash, but after thinking about it, Bandana Dee is a main Kirby character now and is the only Kirby character I'd like to see added (although Prince Fluff would be at the top if there was a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn). Add me to the support list.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was thinking it would be: Bandana Dee traps the opponent in a bunch of rock slabs, then you quite literally play the Megaton Punch minigame. The end result is a lot of damage. Any fighters on the ground are buried when you punch.
How would he attack multiple rocks? And how would they be trapped? The rocks would just fall on predetermined locations? That'd be easy too predict. A better way would be if he summoned a giant slab, then you play Megaton Punch, the resulting earthquakes damaging and launching anybody too close, depending on how well you do. That is, assuming they don't go with the Waddle Dee Tank.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
How would he attack multiple rocks? And how would they be trapped? The rocks would just fall on predetermined locations? That'd be easy too predict. A better way would be if he summoned a giant slab, then you play Megaton Punch, the resulting earthquakes damaging and launching anybody too close, depending on how well you do. That is, assuming they don't go with the Waddle Dee Tank.
1: He punches through three rocks in the original minigame.
2: He does a pose and any opponents magically get trapped in rock slabs.
3: It'll be Megaton Punch because Sakurai bias. :awesome:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
In the beginning, I was against Bandana Dee for Smash, but after thinking about it, Bandana Dee is a main Kirby character now and is the only Kirby character I'd like to see added (although Prince Fluff would be at the top if there was a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn). Add me to the support list.
Welcome to the club.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
1: He punches through three rocks in the original minigame.
2: He does a pose and any opponents magically get trapped in rock slabs.
3: It'll be Megaton Punch because Sakurai bias. :awesome:
Ah, magic, ok. Why didn't you just say so? Magic is the answer to everything, don't you know?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ah, magic, ok. Why didn't you just say so? Magic is the answer to everything, don't you know?
Here's how the trapping works.

About 2 character lengths on either side of Bandana Dee, massive slabs of rock erupt and slam together, pinning targets in place before the Megaton Punch.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well Dark Pit magically has his Silver Bow turn into the Dark Pit Staff, the Villager magically has Tom and Timmy Nook appear, Lucario, and Charizard magically Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone... (Sorry if I seem moody, but I'm not in a good mood)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Here's how the trapping works.

About 2 character lengths on either side of Bandana Dee, massive slabs of rock erupt and slam together, pinning targets in place before the Megaton Punch.
Are you sure it's not magic?
Well Dark Pit magically has his Silver Bow turn into the Dark Pit Staff, the Villager magically has Tom and Timmy Nook appear, Lucario, and Charizard magically Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone... (Sorry if I seem edgy, but I'm not in a good mood)
"Edgy." That word's been thrown out a lot lately. It's like Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I pitifully tried to visualize his final smash as megaton punch like suggested already by @ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy . I'm sorry for how bad the result is.
bandanadinalsmash.gif

I think it would be a pretty cool final smash. (Obviously with a better animation than my crap you see here)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are you sure it's not magic?

"Edgy." That word's been thrown out a lot lately. It's like Shadow the Hedgehog all over again.
Did somebody say "edge"? Because we all know that's the best word to describe Kirby and the entire franchise (along with these clowns in the image).

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Well, those don't really mean the same things as "edgy." Moody, that's a good word.
Makes me sound like I'm having mood swings but whatever.
Well Dark Pit magically has his Silver Bow turn into the Dark Pit Staff, the Villager magically has Tom and Timmy Nook appear, Lucario, and Charizard magically Mega Evolve without a Mega Stone... (Sorry if I seem moody, but I'm not in a good mood)
Fixed.

So I pitifully tried to visualize his final smash as megaton punch like suggested already by @ SMAASH! Puppy SMAASH! Puppy . I'm sorry for how bad the result is.
View attachment 57483
I think it would be a pretty cool final smash. (Obviously with a better animation than my crap you see here)
That is exactly what I was thinking. (brightens up slightly)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
how is bdee not winning? I think he may have a bias against him
You mean the Smashified thing, correct? If so, he actually is winning the YouTube thing still, it's just that ArtsyOmni already started someone else before that (Isaac probably), so Bandana Dee is basically guaranteed for later, or at least that's how I think it works.

If that's not how that works, someone please correct me, although I'm pretty sure that's how it is, thankfully :laugh:.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He isn't winning the ballot because K Rool and Isaac are more popular choices. Plus, there is controversy over whether Kirby really needs another rep in Smash since the main three are already in.
That's just it, it's not "the main three" anymore, it's the main four. HAL has made it crystal clear that Bandanna Dee is a main character now. That's why people are pushing for Toad to be in.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
He isn't winning the ballot because K Rool and Isaac are more popular choices. Plus, there is controversy over whether Kirby really needs another rep in Smash since the main three are already in.
Eeeeh we don't know about the ballot...
He was talking about Smashified probably.

And no Random Rendum, Isaac was requested before BD.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
So, yeah, been a while. Then again, I'm more of a lurker though, so...

Anyway, talking about Smashified has me wondering how they can improve/add detail to the Dee. I have a few ideas...

• Include a star pattern of slightly darker/lighter blue stars on the bandanna
  • Make his fur fuzzier
  • Add a yellow circle with Dedede's blue peace sign on the red cloth that is part of the spear
That sound about right? Any additions, suggestions, etc.?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Anyway, talking about Smashified has me wondering how they can improve/add detail to the Dee. I have a few ideas...

• Make his fur fuzzier
  • Add a yellow circle with Dedede's blue peace sign on the red cloth that is part of the spear
He's a Waddle Dee, he doesn't have fur.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

• Make his fur fuzzier
Wait do Waddle Dees have skin or fur? It kinda looks like he does (Orange layer outside of face), but it could be skin too, so what is it? I'm legitimately curious.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Waddle Dees, being based off of monkeys, most likely actually do have fur!

Pay attention to the Big Waddle Dees and Key Dees, and notice how the fur makes a triangle on the top of their heads.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
PRETTY sure that's skin. Or at least a hood. It's definitely not fur. It's 2015, I think HAL has access to fur texture. We'd know if it was.
Waddle Dees, being based off of monkeys, most likely actually do have fur!

Pay attention to the Big Waddle Dees and Key Dees, and notice how the fur makes a triangle on the top of their heads.
Waddle Dees based off of monkeys? Gonna have to ask for proof on that.

Top Bottom