• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't have much experience with Kirby's final bosses (I have only played return to dreamland, epic yarn, and triple deluxe. Super Smash Bros Brawl was really what got me into Nintendo.) but I like Magolor the best. I never expected him to be a bad guy nor did I expect a plot twist. And he was actually hard. (Unlike Yin-Yarn. The first final boss I fought in the Kirby series.) I do wish player one could play all of the characters and not make Kirby the unchangeable default.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I don't have much experience with Kirby's final bosses (I have only played return to dreamland, epic yarn, and triple deluxe. Super Smash Bros Brawl was really what got me into Nintendo.) but I like Magolor the best. I never expected him to be a bad guy nor did I expect a plot twist. And he was actually hard. (Unlike Yin-Yarn. The first final boss I fought in the Kirby series.) I do wish player one could play all of the characters and not make Kirby the unchangeable default.
Yin-Yarn was completely underwelming. You should play Super Star Ultra or Air Ride. Those are both amazing games.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yin-Yarn was completely underwelming. You should play Super Star Ultra or Air Ride. Those are both amazing games.
I love the music that plays during the fight with Yin Yarn but he wasn't too tough. I agree. The first part where you fight him in his regular form was an pretty okay fight cause they implemented things from the whole yarn idea. Like the threads cutting across the fabric and such. The second part where you turn into a tank is less impressive cause even though turning into a tank is badass... you're just waggling the wiimote like whatever, lol.

If you liked Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe, than you owe it to yourself to play Kirby Superstar/Kirby Super Star Ultra. You may also like Dreamland 2+3 and perhaps Amazing Mirror.

Amazing Mirror's final boss is really underrated in the Kirby franchise. He's not terribly hard but he had various instances you had to beat him and a final form that was cool and really messed with the player like flipping what you were seeing upside down or inverting controls. You also got to fight with MK's sword. It was pretty neat imo

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
What kirby_queen said + Kirby's Adventure. In my opinion, Kirby's Adventure is a very good way to introduce new players into the franchise, that game is the definition of traditional Kirby game. The original version on NES is better than the remake on GBA, but it has some framerate issues (even if emulated).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love the music that plays during the fight with Yin Yarn but he wasn't too tough. I agree. The first part where you fight him in his regular form was an pretty okay fight cause they implemented things from the whole yarn idea. Like the threads cutting across the fabric and such. The second part where you turn into a tank is less impressive cause even though turning into a tank is badass... you're just waggling the wiimote like whatever, lol.

If you liked Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe, than you owe it to yourself to play Kirby Superstar/Kirby Super Star Ultra. You may also like Dreamland 2+3 and perhaps Amazing Mirror.

Amazing Mirror's final boss is really underrated in the Kirby franchise. He's not terribly hard but he had various instances you had to beat him and a final form that was cool and really messed with the player like flipping what you were seeing upside down or inverting controls. You also got to fight with MK's sword. It was pretty neat imo
I for one absolutely love Dark Mind's theme, although the original version's a wee bit too quiet

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Waddle Dee Moveset 3.0
Overview:
Bandana Waddle Dee (or Bandana Dee) will revolve around projectiles and mid-range damage. Similar to Marth, Waddle Dee's attacks will deal more damage and knockback when the tip of the spear is the point of contact.

Ground Attacks:

Neutral A: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward.

Neutral A Combo: Bandana Dee repeatedly attacks with his spear dealing damage.

Neutral A Combo Finish: Bandana Dee does a final thrust that knocks the opponent back.

Forward Tilt: Bandana Dee swipes forward with his spear.

Up Tilt: Bandana Dee stabs upwards with his spear.

Down Tilt: Bandana Dee stabs his spear forward close to the ground, potentially tripping the enemy.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Bandana Dee takes out a close parasol and opens it with force.

Up Smash: Bandana Dee takes out a parasol and twirls it above his head, hitting the opponent multiple times.

Down Smash: Bandana Dee takes out his parasol again, and drills it into the ground, trapping anyone under it.

Air Attacks:

Neutral Air: Bandana Dee twirls his spear to deal multihitting damage.

Forward Air: Bandana Dee pulls back his spear behind his head, and then slams it forward and does a full flip. This move can meteor smash if it hits the tip.

Back Air: Bandana Dee winds up and then swings behind him.

Up Air: Bandana Dee stabs his spear upwards.

Down Air: Bandana Dee does a small twirl with his spear before plummeting to the ground. If you hit someone with the tip, they will be spiked.

Grab Attacks:

Grab: Bandana Dee tries to lift the opponent up with a parasol. If it connects, they bounce untop of the umbrella.

Pummel: Bandana Dee spins and bounces the enemy.

Forward Throw: Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and throws him forward.

Back Throw: Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and throws him backwards.

Up Throw: Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and throws him upwards.

Bandana Dee: Bandana Dee shuffles the opponent and then slams him into the ground.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Spear Throw

Bandana Dee preps his spear to be thrown. The longer you hold it down, the longer he will throw it. However you can move while you are charging, albeit slowly.

Forward Special: Waddle Dee

Bandana Dee pulls a Waddle Dee from his hat to walk around, similar to King Dedede's side special from brawl. These Waddle Dees are move aggressive, moving a bit faster and jumping towards the opponent at any chance they get. You have a 20% chance to pull out a Waddle Doo which works the same. You can only have one out at a time, and they have a "1P" icon to show which Waddle belongs to who.

Up Special: Spear Copter

Charge it up and let yourself fly away. Has really good distance, but it is very slow. Think of it as a mix between Villager's and Diddy Kong's recoveries, but deal move damage.

Down Special: Parasol

When used in air, you instantly take out a Parasol and float with it. It decreases your falling speed tremendously, and it speeds up your horizontal falling speed too. When used on the ground, you open your parasol to hurt and trip the enemy. If you hold it, it will keep spinning in front of you and turn into a shield which reflects projectiles.

Final Smash: Waddle Dee Tank

A Waddle Dee Tank appears in the foreground and fires homing missiles at the enemies while also blocking their sight. You can still move around freely and attack the enemy while this is going on.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
2014 Kirby Triple Deluxe : "Ahh, too easy! 6/10!"
2015 Kirby and the Rainbow Curse : "Ahh, too hard! 5/10!"
SMH

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
"Kirby games are too easy."

Crystal Shards though, man.
Crystal Shards was easy imo lol the bosses were push overs. I guess the collection is a little trickier? Some of those were not very obvious, especially way back when I first played it.

2014 Kirby Triple Deluxe : "Ahh, too easy! 6/10!"
2015 Kirby and the Rainbow Curse : "Ahh, too hard! 5/10!"
SMH
I thought that the main part of Triple Deluxe wasn't dreadfully hard as Kirby games are suppose to be entry level. However I thought the True Arena was great and getting the best time in Dedede Tour was a neat self Challenge. Than Kirby Fighters on Very Hard and Platinum Medals in Drum Dash were plain brutal. x_x Overall something for all skill levels yet really fair to the franchise's goal. It's sad to see reviewers ignore this work by the creators to appeal to people while keeping Kirby something for beginners to enjoy as well.

Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse seem hard to many mostly because of the unconventional controls. They take mastering but I didn't find Canvas Curse to be THAT bad personally.... yet Ive seen people fumble so much with the line drawing mechanic. So I guess I get why it's seen as challenging though I think it's up to person and if they are more in tune with the drawing.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
"Kirby games are too easy."

Crystal Shards though, man.
That reminds me. I need to beat that game later. Getting too busy with Smash and Hyrule Warriors.

Seriously, combining abilities is so fun! But it's so hard to get those crystals.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That reminds me. I need to beat that game later. Getting too busy with Smash and Hyrule Warriors.

Seriously, combining abilities is so fun! But it's so hard to get those crystals.
lol what I at least liked about the crystal collection in K64 was that you could go back to a previous level, go specifically to a power you missed, figure it out and collect it, and just quit the stage. The shard would still be in your collection without having to redo a stage over and over. It really sped things along. Other games with collection challenges like Mario does not allow this. Personally I like it.

From now on whenever someone tells me, "You support Bandana Dee? lawl" I'll just go, "oh yeah? He beats Shrek!!!" and instantly win every argument :p
The fact that Shrek i even in the poll just makes me not take the poll seriously,

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So ... I was thinking in something.

What if Sakurai doesn't want to add Bandana Dee thanks to the "Waddle Dee, the hardest boss" meme?

Maybe, for Sakurai, Waddle Dees will always be just weak enemies, Bandana Dee included.

What do you think? I know it's weird, but we are talking about Sakurai.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So ... I was thinking in something.

What if Sakurai doesn't want to add Bandana Dee thanks to the "Waddle Dee, the hardest boss" meme?

Maybe, for Sakurai, Waddle Dees will always be just weak enemies, Bandana Dee included.

What do you think? I know it's weird, but we are talking about Sakurai.
He DID use the Too Big stuff despite not mentioning that after brawl...

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
What if the poll just meant a waddle dee?

obviously bandana dee would get 100% votes.

Guys IGN gave kirby an 8

gamespots review was terrible tho.

*draws random lines everywhere*

Oh it was too hard.

*gives 5*

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The font used is also slightly different and the letters aren't aligned properly.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
And it's obviously a bad photoshopped Return to Dreamland model.

And his name would probably be Waddle Dee if he is in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom