• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Collecting furniture and designing my house was the most difficult thing I've ever experienced in a video game. I had to spend over a year learning the design philosophy on "How to decorate yarn houses", spending most of my free time researching each piece of furniture to find out exactly where it should go. After over three years of researching, experimenting, and planning, I created the most complex yet sophisticated house in all of Patch Land. The house is so magnificent that sharing it with you would make your eyeballs melt in their sockets, have them drip down to your heart, and harden over it, eventually killing you. For that reason, I cannot show you this masterpiece.
Oh my, I am mistaken. I did not know. I played the game wrong :O

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Does anyone else remember the Kirby anime? My sister loves that show.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Who doesn't remember Right Back at Ya? I know some people didn't really like it (such as @ kirby_queen kirby_queen iirc), I absolutely LOVED it. I mean, I'm actually re-watching all of the episodes right now. It made me realize that my favorite Kirby is actually Right Back at Ya Kirby, as he's more expressive than the one we see in the games.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Yea. It was. Didn't they set up a Waddle Dee vending machine at one point and feature a lot of air machines?
Man, I loved that episode. Then again, I loved pretty much any episode with Waddle dees as the central plot.
Who doesn't remember Right Back at Ya? I know some people didn't really like it (such as @ kirby_queen kirby_queen iirc), I absolutely LOVED it. I mean, I'm actually re-watching all of the episodes right now. It made me realize that my favorite Kirby is actually Right Back at Ya Kirby, as he's more expressive than the one we see in the games.
Why doesn't she like it? :c

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Does any of you guys want to take my poll?
I've already voted :)

But, you can post the link here, for more votes.

EDIT: Oh, it's in your signature XD

Yeah, that's my favorite Kirby too.
Poyo.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think I was just too old by the time I saw the anime to really get into it. I already had these ideas about the Kirby games and a sort of feel and nostalgia about it that the anime just did not reflect. Not to mention Dedede's characterization is bad and entirely different from the games.

I don't think the show is dreadful or anything. To me it's just not canon and it was obviously made for families. So it's very monster of the week with plenty of pop culture references. The writing is weird too. At the beginning of the show they hint at Kirby and Metaknight's possible origin and than after that 4th episode they NEVER go back to it ever again.

I think the episode where they make an anime is incredibly funny and great but overall the anime to me is bizarre and completely unrelated to the games. I did incorporate it in a video I made though about a theory I had about the Kirbyverse....

This video was suppose to be a part of a series of videos but I never continued it so I only have this vid. It's super nerdy... x_x

My idea about Kirby's origin is always changing. I like to think if NOT a creation of Nightmare than at least some strange connection to the Ancients as possibly implied by Galacta Knight who shares a strong resemblance. Galacta Knight's description in KSSU states he comes from the past I'm pretty darn sure. So it rules out the idea of Galacta Knight being Kirby from the future.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I already did a complete timeline of Kirby time ago; it's not perfect and sometimes I adjust some events to improve it or adapt it to newer games, but anyway.

In my timeline, Kirby's origins aren't explained (simply because there isn't any need to do it), but yeah, I consider GalactaKnignt, MetaKnight and Kirby being of the same species.
In my theory, Galacta is an ancient warrior who fought against an ancient manifestation of Zero, but he failed to defeat him and decided to seal it into the Mirror World, a dimension created by himself with the sacrifice of sealing himself into another dimension forever (the dimensional mirror has angel wings, just like Galacta Knight). Metaknight released him at the end of Superstar Ultra (that part happend before Nova was destroyed, and in particular, before any adventure of Kirby) and then the dimensional mirror appeared, and Amazing Mirror happend. This is why MetaKnight was kidnapped in that game, and it's why Dark Mind resembles soo much Zero.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
KIRBY RAINBOW CURSE SONGS FROM OLDER GAMES ARE ALL NEW ARRANGEMENTS!

Guys, I'm so hyped for this game. It's so adorable.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

2 Player Footage Online
Bandana Dee makes a little sound when he takes damage :0

Also there is a video with the trophies of the Bandana Dee alts, but not the original, sadly.

Can someone translate the descriptions of those two, please?

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
THIS DEDEDE THEME!!!! HOLY SWEET JEEEEZUS.

Is anybody else like SUPER amped for this game? I hope it sells well, definitely worth 40 bucks. Not too many people seem to be fond of the gameplay. I hope spearcopter is back!

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
THIS DEDEDE THEME!!!! HOLY SWEET JEEEEZUS.

Is anybody else like SUPER amped for this game? I hope it sells well, definitely worth 40 bucks. Not too many people seem to be fond of the gameplay. I hope spearcopter is back!
ERMAGERHD CANDY CONSTELLATION

It's annoying playing as bd when you have levels that go up, the teleporting looks really annoying.

also looks like bd has limited jumps

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
MY PREDICTIONS ABOUT THIS GAME'S SUCCESS

I predict too many people will find this game frustrating because of it's unconventional controlling. It's a very experimental title but unlike Epic Yarn which was just a basic platformer BUT with a visual change, Rainbow Curse is a much more major gameplay change. One that people aren't as interested in comparison to powers.

The game will be really well reviewed by critics even by the likes of IGN mostly because they love to rate any unconventional Kirby title more. For some reason they just dislike the traditional stuff with this particular franchise. The reviews may effect sales a bit but I highly doubt it will do better than Triple Deluxe (which makes sense cause TD is a 3DS game) and it will do less successfully than Epic Yarn.

I have a feeling that maybe Shinya director of recent Kirby hits like Triple Deluxe, Return to Dreamland, etc has something to do with this game. I want to say he's directing it but I'm not sure. He did not direct Canvas Curse but did work in that game development. He paid tribute to the game with Paintra in Triple Deluxe. Also the fact that Bandana Dee is a character in Rainbow Curse might indicate making a spiritual sequel was his idea. Since he is the reason for that character's growing presence. He may have insisted on creating Rainbow Curse even though it's been 10 years since Canvas Curse and it was received with mixed reception of Kirby fans themselves.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Guys the game is out in japan already.

if we are going to talk about the game please use spoiler tags, It is already hard enough for me to not click on gamexplains videos.

IT'S. SO. TEMPTING.

GAME SPOLER
there is NO dedede or meta knight in this game

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Plot twist
Most of the lore of this game is told by the books you collect,instead of the typical " villain reveals his plans right before the battle".

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I had a weird dream last night where Reserved or BandanaDee for some reason, was moving into my house. I'm sure Reserved would have decorated a yarn house somehow which was always locked to avoid the death of millions. BandanaDee, well... He would be doing something Bandana Dee-like.

Also, My sister doesn't like the 'Dee. I need to prove to her how important he is to the series. So I call out the members of the Brigade to help me on my noble quest... Any iDeeas?

if we are going to talk about the game please use spoiler tags, It is already hard enough for me to not click on gamexplains videos.

IT'S. SO. TEMPTING.

GAME SPOLER
Really? So do you get the Meta Knight figure? By Amiibo?

Either way, it's Time to tip 'DEE scales! :4robinm:

I know it's going to happens... You guys wait and see... :evil:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I had a weird dream last night where Reserved or BandanaDee for some reason, was moving into my house. I'm sure Reserved would have decorated a yarn house somehow which was always locked to avoid the death of millions. BandanaDee, well... He would be doing something Bandana Dee-like.

Also, My sister doesn't like the 'Dee. I need to prove to her how important he is to the series. So I call out the members of the Brigade to help me on my noble quest... Any iDeeas?
Hmm.... how about finding any pictures of Kirby and gang with BD?

You can also try and buy hundreds of Dee plushies to show how cute he is. :bee:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

My sister hates B-Dee too. Maybe I shouldn't have shown her how he eats... :p

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Hmm.... how about finding any pictures of Kirby and gang with BD?

You can also try and buy hundreds of Dee plushies to show how cute he is. :bee:
Those are great iDeeas but she's not cracking! She says she doesn't care. :crying:

My sister hates B-Dee too. Maybe I shouldn't have shown her how he eats... :p
My both of my brothers like Bandana Dee but my sister's the odd one out. To show my sisterly love to her, I must show her what the 'Dee truly is!

D

Deleted member

IT'S. SO. TEMPTING.

GAME SPOLER
Interesting. This makes the 2nd game in a row where Meta Knight doesn't appear in physical form and instead has cameos and references, and this is the 2nd game period to not feature Dedede unless I've forgotten any other games...

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
By now, Bandana Dee feels like his own character so much, i'd really love to see this guy in Smash.
IF Kirby gets a 4th character, it definitely should be Bandana Dee.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

Sacrifice her to bandana dee

We wait till rainbow curse comes out and show her his importance.

I mean
even dedede and meta knight don't appear in this game besides trophies,
so he is pretty important.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
so that's the second time meta knight doesn't make an appearance for besides a cameo

i mean this is great for bandana dee and all, and that's all that matters on this subject, but i'm getting kind of worried meta knight is gettinh shelved a bit while they are starting to head a good direction with his character and all with adding galacta knight and making him more of a friend and foe character toward kirby

really rather have him return him next time, also bit of a shame i really would have liked to see claymation meta knight and dedede in action

hey i'm back i guess, i only really post in this topic nowadays. talking kirby with you peeps

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm excited for this game but I have to admit that I want to get it out of the way and into the next power packed traditional title. I want more arena runs, powers, cool extra modes, a 3D platformer!? I want to see how they take Kirby's traditional stuff to the next level. They've really changed it up in the past in regards to his powers, his pals, his moves, his maps/worlds, but it's always been within the realm of 2D side scroller. So I feel like the next title really should try and kick it up a notch. I'm pretty excited.

Top Bottom