• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Smash 4 is pretty cool, it feels very balanced.
All the characters are ... usable.

The Kirby characters are pretty good.
Dedede doesn't have chain grabs, but he feels faster and more powerful, the Gordo Toss is awesome.
Meta Knight has less range and more lag in his attacks, but he's still pretty good, his Forward Smash is really powerful and his Special Moves too. His Forward and Back Air are really weak in damage but very strong in knockback.
Kirby is pretty good too, Up Tilt is awesome as always, very powerful Smash Attacks and his Down Air has very low lag.
His Hammer is useless now IMO, and the Stone is slower in the air, but it's still useful sometimes.

I hope Bandana Dee is good if DeeLC happens.

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

Dedede doesn't have chain grabs, but he feels faster and more powerful, the Gordo Toss is awesome.
Meta Knight has less range and more lag in his attacks, but it's still pretty good, his Forward Smash is really powerful and his Special Moves too. His Forward and Back Air are really weak in damage but very strong in knockback.
Kirby is pretty good too, Up Tilt is awesome as always, very powerful Smash Attacks and his Down Air has very low lag.
His Hammer is useless now IMO, and the Stone is slower in the air, but it's still useful sometimes.

In my opinion one thing I hate is how no kirby fighters have projectiles (good ones to say the least) I like using meta knight A lot but when your up against rosalina or samus your kind of screwed over, and all these characters have lots of projectiles to choose from, yet we get none.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
if itd be legit, he'd actually pic a char, or move the cursor, note he just shows us a standalone image, it's more than likely just a picture he put on his sd card after playing a bit of the old photoshop game.

Besides we've seen from the past that we can only trust leaks that actually look 100% legit.
It's true, it could be placeholders, but realisitically he could of shown more and what he said is fishy too

"oops i forgot to use my capture card, oh well" then why not do it again with it? and how would you forget that
"I'll upload a new vid on saturday" he said too, instead he made his vid private
"I don't want to show more so this channel doesnt get a strike" he has no vids and anything on his channel, he would lose nothing, good day sir.
"I got the code of a ign employee who thought it was a normal code" who would think at this point that the special demo codes would be still given out? and why on earth would a ign employee have something that's so early in development? He wouldn't. They only shipped out stuff of bowser jr ect once the product was finished.

not to mention he would already be leaking top secret stuff no matter what, and he put his video on private (note not removed)

Theres to much against this to make it even possibly real and to much stuff that makes absolutely no sense. He could of proved it's legit by doing a simple aciton of even just moving a cursor over stuff or selecting a character or ANYTHING. Just cause it's a video doesn't make it more legit, in the end all we got is still a picture.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
if itd be legit, he'd actually pic a char, or move the cursor, note he just shows us a standalone image, it's more than likely just a picture he put on his sd card after playing a bit of the old photoshop game.

Besides we've seen from the past that we can only trust leaks that actually look 100% legit.
It's true, it could be placeholders, but realisitically he could of shown more and what he said is fishy too

"oops i forgot to use my capture card, oh well" then why not do it again with it? and how would you forget that
"I'll upload a new vid on saturday" he said too, instead he made his vid private
"I don't want to show more so this channel doesnt get a strike" he has no vids and anything on his channel, he would lose nothing, good day sir.
"I got the code of a ign employee who thought it was a normal code" who would think at this point that the special demo codes would be still given out? and why on earth would a ign employee have something that's so early in development? He wouldn't. They only shipped out stuff of bowser jr ect once the product was finished.

not to mention he would already be leaking top secret stuff no matter what, and he put his video on private (note not removed)

Theres to much against this to make it even possibly real and to much stuff that makes absolutely no sense. He could of proved it's legit by doing a simple aciton of even just moving a cursor over stuff or selecting a character or ANYTHING. Just cause it's a video doesn't make it more legit, in the end all we got is still a picture.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Meta Knight has less range and more lag in his attacks, but he's still pretty good, his Forward Smash is really powerful and his Special Moves too. His Forward and Back Air are really weak in damage but very strong in knockback.

I feel like Dedede is VERY GOOD
while Kirby is okay but still has the same weaknesses as he did in brawl. His hitbox for his back air is totally nerfed which sucks. He's still slower than I'd like.
Metaknight feels worse but it makes sense that he's nerfed

Dedede's Gordo toss is awesome, though. Best change to a character. Just becareful with getting them thrown back at ya. Outta the three I think he's sort of the best. I've always mained Kirby but I'm trying to main Dedede and to some extent MK too. I want to only use Dreamland characters. If we get Bandana Dee, that adds another character I can main. B)

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Come on guys, these leaks are fake but that doesn't hurt Bandana Dee's chances. Just keep on believing and getting the word out. Between having an already established moveset from RTDL, being the definitive next Kirby character should we get one, and his inclusion in Rainbow Curse, he's got a decent amount of things going for them, and relevancy is something K.Rool nor Issac have, two fan faves

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, I noticed something.
There is a tip in the 3DS version about Knuckle Joe and it says that he is a fighter using a bandanna or something like that.
Bandanna, not bandana.

I think the name of our favorite Waddle Dee would be Bandanna Dee if he is in the game.
Time to change the title of the thread!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, I noticed something.
There is a tip in the 3DS version about Knuckle Joe and it says that he is a fighter using a bandanna or something like that.
Bandanna, not bandana.

I think the name of our favorite Waddle Dee would be Bandanna Dee if he is in the game.
Time to change the title of the thread!
I think it might just be a typo, video games have them quite a bit

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Question: do you think BDee would have his MOVESET ripped from return to dreamland, or would he get a unique moveset with food/parasol/etc. properties?
Hoping for a mix of his Dreamland moveset and abilities from other Waddle Dees.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Pretty sure it's just one "N".

I'm pretty sure the leak is fake as the video seems to have been deleted (I checked the URL), but just to note, there WERE videos that used the same character portraits from other games as placeholders.

Regarding Sailor Dee, he could use a Harpoon instead of a spear. Hopefully we would get Bandana Dee and the ones from Rainbow Curse, and Sailor Dee with the same color swaps that the Rainbow Curse dees had if that makes sense. Otherwise we could get Bandana Dee's Ninja costume from "Ninja Dojo" in Return to Dreamland.

Question: do you think BDee would have his MOVESET ripped from return to dreamland, or would he get a unique moveset with food/parasol/etc. properties?
This has been gone over before, and I think the majority would prefer sticking to a moveset that is canonical. You might bring up the Nosferatu argument, but wasn't that just because Robin didn't have anything else to do that was considered unique?

Anyways, here's my ideal moveset for Bandana Dee. (Images included)

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

I'm pretty sure the leak is fake as the video seems to have been deleted (I checked the URL), but just to note, there WERE videos that used the same character portraits from other games as placeholders.

Regarding Sailor Dee, he could use a Harpoon instead of a spear. Hopefully we would get Bandana Dee and the ones from Rainbow Curse, and Sailor Dee with the same color swaps that the Rainbow Curse dees had if that makes sense. Otherwise we could get Bandana Dee's Ninja costume from "Ninja Dojo" in Return to Dreamland.

This has been gone over before, and I think the majority would prefer sticking to a moveset that is canonical. You might bring up the Nosferatu argument, but wasn't that just because Robin didn't have anything else to do that was considered unique?

I just realized how far his spears reach really is. That has better reach than the monado

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Didn't King Dedede's design in Triple Deluxe change somewhat as well? I figure they would use his Return to Dreamland design in Smash.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I have so much confidence in the dee right now it's not even funny.
So...Meta Knight's Forward Throw does 3 damage ... wat.
XDD
Yeah, it's damage varies on the characters. Samus takes 3% while characters like bowser take 9%. AND CHANDELURE SEMPAI WE SHOULD PLAY!!!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I have so much confidence in the dee right now it's not even funny.
XDDD
Yeah, it's damage varies on the characters. Samus takes 3% while characters like bowser take 9%. AND CHANDELURE SEMPAI WE SHOULD PLAY!!!
That's pretty weird XD
Hmm...I would love to do that, but my internet is terrible, more terrible than Ganondorf in Brawl.
I just tried to play in For Glory and the lag was real, like 2 or 3 seconds of lag XD
We still can try if you want, but tomorrow :B

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Mixed between the two. Remember Zero Suit had a mixed moveset too. Her paralyzer didn't have a whip before Brawl.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

I really like and appreciate this visual moveset list. It should go on the front page imo. Basically this for his moveset. How I see it. It's not DHD quirky but it's true to the character.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

I don't like that moveset, due to down B. That seems like an obvious Dair, and is a waste of a special slot imo...

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try my hand at a moveset for BDee.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The tip of the spear has a bigger knockback effect. No damage increase, only knockback.

Jab:
A simple thrust of the spear. Pressing it three times will result in the back end of the spear being jammed into the opponents faces.

Dash Attack: Uses the spear as a mini-pole vault, BD does a little arc over the spear. only things that do damage are the spear tip and BDee.

Tilts: Sidetilt is an extended spear jab, Uptilt is BDee throwing the spear up vertically a bit, and Downtilt is BDee getting ontop of the spear and jumping down.

Aerials: NeutralAir is a longer spear jab, Side is a diagonallly up spear jab, Up is a vertical spear spin, and Down is the sidetilt but harder and faster.

Smashes: Sidesmash is a Spear Throw. Upsmash is a glorified Uptilt, and Downsmash is him spinning the spear around.

Neutral Special: Summons a Blade Knight to walk around and slash for a bit. Customs are a Burning Leo that flies across the stage in one hit but with extended cooldown and being quick, and summoning a Chilly that can only Freeze enemies and is weak, but cooldon is fast.

Side Special: Spear throw. Can be charged, and Customs make it small and vertical or long but short ranged.

Down Special: Megaton Punch. The attack gets stronger if it's hit from farther away and it only works on one platform. customs are a jump-slam version and getting a Knuckle Joe to do it for you.

Up Special: Spear Copter, self explanatory. Customs are a parasol that reflects all projectiles but is lower and using Bronto Burts to fly you up.

D

Deleted member

So I was just thinking... why would Nintendo bother making DLC for one character and the Miiverse stage? Considering they made and balanced 51 characters in 3 years (obviously the team multitasked, so they can do it again), and now they're making Mewtwo in about 2/3 of a year, it isn't too :083: to believe that Nintendo has a newcomer or 2, a vet like :wolf: or :lucas:, and a couple more stages. Smash is very profitable, and it seems like a very small amount of DLC compared to Hyrule Warrior's and Mario Kart 8's DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom