• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
New Smash Bros. for 3DS launch trailer! Get hyped!

Wait wut. Why is it all Kid Icarus

never bothered finishing that game's single player mode but I played the multiplayer mode a lot back when I got it...

Super Kid Icarus Bros

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
I've read this interview already serveral times. I LOVE this interview. I love how Shinya Kumazaki acknowledges hardcore fans of Kirby and the misconception people have about Kirby games.

He gives me such hope as the current director of Kirby games because of this. He really acknowledges what made KSS fun and what core fans enjoy about the gameplay. When he talks about translating the way Kirby's powers work in his games into 3D, I just know he's talking about how to make movesets and powers work in 3D and how he can give us that same feeling.

I really hope this is a venture he's still taking. I'm going to say that before the Wii U goes out, Kirby's trend of swan song games, will occur again with a 3D platformer.
yeah i also recognize how Kirby franchise is now drived by a core fans, as Pikmin(maybe?), FireEmblem(maybe? i saw that Awakening was sell better to non-core) and heck, Super Smash Bros.

and then you can see how big Kirby merchandising is, doll, ufo catcher prizes, stickers, 3DS accessories, Kirby TDX real keychains, Kirby tsumu-tsumu, and many more.

I really liked Shinya Kumazaki as the director, starting from Canvas Curse that people is not remembering that final boss despite being stunning final boss
directing a great SS remake
succesfully make RtDL for like 10 years
and now great TDX, Rainbow Curse and the main full 3D Kirby for the future

i heard that it will be like "maps", Amazing Mirror influence but more Zelda? i dunno :p let's wait long and see

yeah i like Shinya Kumazaki to make Kirby games to more deep and so and knowing that people are more into Kirby copy ability with hat SS based. Thanks to him too for giving BDee more improtant role and become a interesting characters as Kirby, KingDDD and MetaKnight

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
*gasp* Guys. Guys. Latest pic of the day says that there'll be patches.

Maybe new characters can be released via patches? With the Dee being one of them?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Anyone remember my proposition from a while ago?

Instead of standing around picking our noses, we should actually get something done. The new rumor about Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo/Chorus Kids obviously doesn't include Bandana Waddle Dee in it, and the CSS only accommodates 4 more characters. Bandana's not going to be in the base game, guys. What with all the various changes that just so happen to be perfect for Bandana Waddle, he should have been a lock in the Smash 3DS roster.

Assume the worst and start getting momentum going for DLC rather than expectaions of the base game. We might have zero Bandana Waddle Dee to go around otherwise, unless the understanding is that some of us suddenly want Bandana as a trophy rather than a character... Bleh, gross thought.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure
Now is when we make our safety-net. Now is when we should be building our support. We need to campaign for Dee-L-C before everyone else begins their own campaigns, lest we really want to be just one voice in a sea of thousands screaming for their own ideas of downloadable content. Our pride be damned, we can't risk losing the opportunity for the Smash 4 team's attention for Bandana Waddle Dee just because we're pretty sure he's a character. Sitting here telling one another that he might be in the Wii U base game is not practical. We need to do more than hope for Bandana Waddle Dee. We need action.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wow. I thought the thread was locked.

I certainly love how the new director of the Kirby games is giving all sorts of love for him and his fans. He knows what makes Kirby fun and he is working to improve it. As a Kirby fan, the new games like Returns to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe make me smile.

New Smash Bros. for 3DS launch trailer! Get hyped!

THIS made me laugh! :laugh:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Wait wut. Why is it all Kid Icarus

never bothered finishing that game's single player mode but I played the multiplayer mode a lot back when I got it...

Super Kid Icarus Bros
Super Smash Bros. Uprising featuring more PIT and Butthutrt fans gonna start pending Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo all over the Place:troll:. Again...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't like this roster, only like Mega Man, Kirby, Ike, Shulk and Greninja. I think every one else is below average at max, and I dispise Bowser Jr, Dark Pit clone, Dr. Mario, DHD, Lucina now that Sakurai used that as an excuse for the other clones, Wii Fit trainer and villager are meh, Little Mac is a generic boxer, Palutena can get her soul eaten, Miis are meh, Pac-man shouldn't even be there IMO and Robin is ok. Screw. This. Roster

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I think the roster is good. I mean a lot of good characters are all returning of course. Most of the main ones. I think it's cool we got pac-man because he's so iconic. Little Mac and Megaman as well. Shulk is a cool addition and so is Duck Hunt Dog who plays really wild. These are all major gaming icons in the same game. Plalutena is okay too. Not that hyped for her but she makes sense. You see her in Brawl, she's in original Kid Icarus and in Up Rising as a very prominent character in the story with a unique moveset. Same thing with Robin for FE series. Bowser Jr I disliked at first but I like that he can be switched out for any koopaling. I think characters like Dark Pit and Doctor Mario are meh but the rest is fine.

I only feel bad for people who had their main cut. That sucks. Some folks are going to have to get used to playing all new characters. So good luck to them.

My only most wanted character was Bandana Dee really so it sucks he's not in but I did hope for xenoblade chronicles representation and Metaknight to come back and NOT be cut just because he was OP in Brawl. Glad that's the case.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Anyone remember my proposition from a while ago?

Instead of standing around picking our noses, we should actually get something done. The new rumor about Ridley/Dixie/Mewtwo/Chorus Kids obviously doesn't include Bandana Waddle Dee in it, and the CSS only accommodates 4 more characters. Bandana's not going to be in the base game, guys. What with all the various changes that just so happen to be perfect for Bandana Waddle, he should have been a lock in the Smash 3DS roster.

Assume the worst and start getting momentum going for DLC rather than expectaions of the base game. We might have zero Bandana Waddle Dee to go around otherwise, unless the understanding is that some of us suddenly want Bandana as a trophy rather than a character... Bleh, gross thought.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure
Now is when we make our safety-net. Now is when we should be building our support. We need to campaign for Dee-L-C before everyone else begins their own campaigns, lest we really want to be just one voice in a sea of thousands screaming for their own ideas of downloadable content. Our pride be damned, we can't risk losing the opportunity for the Smash 4 team's attention for Bandana Waddle Dee just because we're pretty sure he's a character. Sitting here telling one another that he might be in the Wii U base game is not practical. We need to do more than hope for Bandana Waddle Dee. We need action.
Yeah, we need to start with the DeeLC campaign.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
It seems like dee end is coming soon...

GOODBYE, MY FELLOW BRIGADE MEMBERS

I SHALL SEE YOU IN A BETTER PLACE

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
We fought the good fight. Created more male genitalia jokes (and puns) than anyone and I like to think this is the least whiniest fanbase there is. Obviously, people will express discontent with a roster. It just comes with the territory. For now, we believe in the Dee until next time. :~)

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
HOLY HECK! I'm gone for two days slogging through exams and working myself to near death and now the roster was finally confirmed complete. (or is It?*)
It has been a fun ride with you all, and I am honoured to have been a member of the Bandana Brigade. should DLC be announced I'll see you all then for the Epic Bandana DeeLC campaign. otherwise, it was fun and I'll see you all for smash 5/6?

*looks over the roster* hmm... 2 out of 10 isn't bad I guess for my top 10 wants.... I suppose

For those that care, my top 10 was
10. Dixie Kong
9. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia as a Namco rep (just cause I loved using him on super smash flash)
8. Bowser Jr.
7. Wonder Red
6. Takamaru
5. Chibi-Robo
4. Mewtwo Returns
3. Banjo & Kazooie (A pipe dream I know may never happen but I'll never stop hoping)
2. Bandana Dee
1. Megaman (His reveal was the most hyped I got for the entire time since the game was revealed)

I still believe that the marketing theory I belive it gets called is more than possible.
there are still several months before the Wii U version comes out, I doubt Sakurai will be able to maintain hype for the game just by revealing Assist Trophies, Stages and Modes. So I personally believe a situation similar to what happened with One Piece Unlimited World: Red will happen. (For those that don't know, OPUWR was released for 3DS in japan, then a worldwide release on multiple platforms happened later on with additional content. and the Japanese 3DS version then got an update to have the same content.
So I feel that Smash may get a small handful of characters added for the Wii U version that will then be added to the 3DS version as a patch/update once the Wii U version is out. Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids are likely given their series have enemies in smash run. Mewtwo and Ridley are likely too. sadly Dee (while possible) would be unlikely, but I will continue to hope.

then the wait for DLC, Sakurai said he wouldn't think about DLC until after the game is released, and that he wants the game to feel complete upon release, not unfinished and in need of DLC, but that doesn't rule out DLC at all. Smash is a BIG deal for Nintendo, they're gonna want to hype it and milk it as much as possible, so they'll probably extend it's lifespan by adding new content later as DLC that's where we, the bandana brigade come in.

I'm rambling, so I'll wrap this up.
We've reached DEE end (for now) and we fought hard, lasted longer than many other groups, and had some great times. it's been a lot of fun. and I don't regret supporting Bandana Dee at all *raises spear* I will need to unlock/ purchase the Waddle Dee Hat for my Mii, so I can show my support as a Bandana Mii.
Overall I am torn on this roster, I didn't get many of my wants. lost my main (Lucas) got back most of my other faves (Sonic, Kirby, Pit, R.O.B, Mr. Game & Watch) lost some other faves (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers) got some characters I didn't even know I wanted but now can't wait to use (Little Mac, Greninja) and will love every moment of playing Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS.

One last time, it's been fun Brigade *raises spear*
Till next time (DLC)

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Trophy Deconfirmations are under way.

Krystal, King K. Rool, Dixie all have been deconfirmed. Along with other reps.

I haven't see any trophies of Ridley, MewTwo, or Bandana Dee yet.

D

Deleted member

Okay, while I agree. That makes us SUPER hypocritical.
He needs a new stage at least jungle japas is annoying and so is rumble falls if kongo jungle 64 or the one from melee returned i would be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Guys, I was watching the VBootCamp stream and one of DeDeDe's costume has stitching of waddle dees. :b: His neutral air also is an around hammer swing like the ability.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Stitching?

Oh wow. I misread that. I thought it said a custom move was Waddle Dees.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

It's the green one. On his girth. Yeah sorry,it's the only image I found.:ohwell:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I honestly would be incredibly surprised if Bandana Dee doesn't get a trophy (same for Ridley, Mewtwo, etc).
If they don't get one...DLC HYPE! XD

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

Do you have a link to the trophy deconfirmations? Is there a thread on them?

Speaking of which, anyone remember this?

And yes, I know it's fake.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I edited Neorice's Kirby and turned it into Bandana Dee.

I also changed my signature.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys, I'm gonna say this now.

It's been a honor.

Until the WiiU version comes out, I will hope for 4 slots of characters released with the date of the WiiU version.

Icies, Lucas, TheDee, and a Rhythm Heaven character.

Until the next time we can meet, I want you to know I am as hard struck by yesterday as many of you.

Let us not give up hope.

We can still believe until everything is known beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Edit: What is a king, without their servant?

We need to get the gang all here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: What is a king, without their servant?
A normal person who can claim that they rule nothing, providing themselves an illusion of power and meaning.
Translation: King Dedede is only Dedede until Bandana Dee is playable.
rsz_cheats.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
It's been an honor serving you all while I did.

*raises spear proudly*

I love you all.

(I won't be going anywhere, and I definitely will come back if DLC happens)

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I will see you all around ok? but hey they may still do something sneaky I got a feeling the final roster is not the final roster. I just have a feeling

Top Bottom