• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
So, if he steals Escargoon's invitation in the trailer, would that mean he's completely against King Dedede? Would he be on Kirby's side? Would Bandana Waddle Dee just want to get on King Dedede's good side so he could get Escargoon's job? Maybe he could be on a totally different side that's against both parties and fighting for freedom for Waddle Dees only? There's so many ways they could implement him...
No, Escargoon gets the invite, but Dedede snatches it from him and elects his best servant to assist him in clobbering dat dere Kirbeh. Enter Bandana Dee, ready to prove himself and protect his king!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
No, Escargoon gets the invite, but Dedede snatches it from him and elects his best servant to assist him in clobbering dat dere Kirbeh. Enter Bandana Dee, ready to prove himself and protect his king!
...That's actually a legitimate way it would happen, if we were going by Hoshi no Kaabii logic.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That's because your probably not keeping up with it...Sadly you guys so far been dissing my most wanted franchise..Lol I may not care about K. Rool Or Bandana Dee but at least I will knowledge and support them. Q~Q
But I guess it should be expected since this is about Bandana Dee.
Sorry man, It's kind of hard to support something you're unfamiliar with because I need a bit more knowledge about what other characters could be a choice. I support everyone getting the character they want for a franchise within reasonable limits... you know... no gokus or choices that make no sense whats so ever. More characters in smash just mean more choices and more celebration of Nintendo and that's just cool and always good.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Sorry man, It's kind of hard to support something you're unfamiliar with because I need a bit more knowledge about what other characters could be a choice. I support everyone getting the character they want for a franchise within reasonable limits... you know... no gokus or choices that make no sense whats so ever. More characters in smash just mean more choices and more celebration of Nintendo and that's just cool and always good.
Agreed

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
My idea for a Bandana Dee trailer:
Done in Triple Deluxe cutscene style.

at Queen Sectonia's castle, Kirby is fighting Dedede (Taranza Controlled?) when Kirby gets the upper hand Dedede transforms into Masked Dedede (revealing new final smash) and easily overpowers Kirby. When all hope seems lost and Kirby is about to lose we see a black shadow swoop in and defend Kirby from Masked Dedede, Kirby looks up to see that this character is Meta-Knight (confirming his return) we then cut between gameplay of Smash with these 3 fighting in the new Queen Sectonia's Castle stage and more of the cutscene. the trailer ends with Sword Kirby and Meta-knight about to finish Dedede off.
the screen goes black, you think it's over and then there's a faint noise it slowly gets louder, you realise it's footsteps (Kirby series footstep running sound) Bandana Dee runs onto the black screen and trips over in the middle faceplanting. Kirby runs on screen and helps him up and then BAM "BANDANA DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE" we then get gameplay footage of Bandana Dee fighting various characters, including a scene with all four Kirby reps similar to the Robin/Lucina trailer. and the trailer now actually ends with Kirby and Bandana Dee doing the Kirby dance together.

It's just an idea, and I'd rather see Dee do something awesome and be the star of his trailer, but somehow the idea of him practically being late to his own reveal and faceplanting and stuff is just too adorable x3
References to Triple Deluxe! YES PLEASE. Also I agree that it should be adorable. Anything to do with the Kirby franchise in general has to be cute as hell. All the better when I beat people up with my cute characters. >:D

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
My idea for a Bandana Dee trailer:
Done in Triple Deluxe cutscene style.
at Queen Sectonia's castle, Kirby is fighting Dedede (Taranza Controlled?) when Kirby gets the upper hand Dedede transforms into Masked Dedede (revealing new final smash) and easily overpowers Kirby. When all hope seems lost and Kirby is about to lose we see a black shadow swoop in and defend Kirby from Masked Dedede, Kirby looks up to see that this character is Meta-Knight (confirming his return) we then cut between gameplay of Smash with these 3 fighting in the new Queen Sectonia's Castle stage and more of the cutscene. the trailer ends with Sword Kirby and Meta-knight about to finish Dedede off.
the screen goes black, you think it's over and then there's a faint noise it slowly gets louder, you realise it's footsteps (Kirby series footstep running sound) Bandana Dee runs onto the black screen and trips over in the middle faceplanting. Kirby runs on screen and helps him up and then BAM "BANDANA DEE WADDLES INTO BATTLE" we then get gameplay footage of Bandana Dee fighting various characters, including a scene with all four Kirby reps similar to the Robin/Lucina trailer. and the trailer now actually ends with Kirby and Bandana Dee doing the Kirby dance together.

It's just an idea, and I'd rather see Dee do something awesome and be the star of his trailer, but somehow the idea of him practically being late to his own reveal and faceplanting and stuff is just too adorable x3
Yes. This idea all the way. Nintendo- hire this to trailer! Now!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Kirby Fighters Z/Dedede Drum Dash Z comes out in two days. Think they will reveal something then? Probably not since there's still no western release date for the game yet. Cause they could do a trailer kind of like what they did for Mario Kart 8 where it was sort of advertising the two games and than revealed Rosalina. I dunno, an idea.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys.
SSF2 v0.9b is releasing this Thursday.
1v1meonlinebruh

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Hey guys, somehow found my way into this thread and read the entire OP. I've been pretty indifferent towards Bandana Dee, despite being a massive DDD/Kirby fan, but I have to say there are some good concepts in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai includes him as a newcomer.

Two things that really stuck out to me from the OP:

1. People actually compare Bandana Dee to Yoshi... ? I guess I sort of see where that counter point comes from but it really just sounds dumb.

2. The Goombario comparison? You guys must face some strict opposition with these counter points.

Hope this doesn't derail your topic but I'm hearing a lot of mixed reactions about Triple Deluxe and am leaning towards finally picking it up. Can someone tell me how it stacks up compared to other games in the franchise? Thanks. Nightmare in Dreamland is my personal favorite due to nostalgia and the epic DDD battle at the Fountain of Dreams.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, somehow found my way into this thread and read the entire OP. I've been pretty indifferent towards Bandana Dee, despite being a massive DDD/Kirby fan, but I have to say there are some good concepts in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai includes him as a newcomer.

1. People actually compare Bandana Dee to Yoshi... ? I guess I sort of see where that counter point comes from but it really just sounds dumb.

2. The Goombario comparison? You guys must face some strict opposition with these counter points.

Hope this doesn't derail your topic but I'm hearing a lot of mixed reactions about Triple Deluxe and am leaning towards finally picking it up. Can someone tell me how it stacks up compared to other games in the franchise? Thanks. Nightmare in Dreamland is my personal favorite due to nostalgia and the epic DDD battle at the Fountain of Dreams.
Triple Deluxe plays very similar to RtDL, but one player. There are new copy abilities, collectibles, and tons of keychains of past sprites. Basically, it's a love letter to any Kirby fan and one of my personal favorite 3ds games. Buy it now.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory

Honestly, there's a lot of more information that points towards him now. Chandelure should probably update the OP with it. And I think that Bandana Dee's comparison to Yoshi should probably be changed to R.O.B.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Triple Deluxe plays very similar to RtDL, but one player. There are new copy abilities, collectibles, and tons of keychains of past sprites. Basically, it's a love letter to any Kirby fan and one of my personal favorite 3ds games. Buy it now.
Sounds promising. Funny how the other Shulk supporter here replied to me first. So are you guys expecting Bandana Dee at Comic Con like that rumor states? Sorry if you discussed this a few pages back.

Edit: @ Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon Well, RoB only got in due to being a peripheral that saved the gaming industry. Bandana Dee is more of a modern relevant Kirby character. If anything I could see Rob getting cut but I doubt that will happen. Bandana Dee is in a better position than most (as you guys definitely know).

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Sounds promising. Funny how the other Shulk supporter here replied to me first. So are you guys expecting Bandana Dee at Comic Con like that rumor states? Sorry if you discussed this a few pages back.
I hope we get him at Comic-Con. This thread will go wild.

Not as wild as the Shulk thread would go.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

I am a mega Kirby franchise fan and my favorite game is Kirby Super Star. If you're familiar with that title at all and how powers work in that game, then you would be familiar with the fact that the powers have movesets similar to an action game or fighter (like smash for instance) where a directional input and attack button will produce different attacks. Many fans are quite found of this because of the depth this lends the gameplay. A gamer can complete a speed run of a level or boss rush in different ways by using the different powers. It's quite fun. Well after 10 years we finally get a game that does what Sakurai did in KSS and brings back movesets, that's Return to Dreamland. The game is great but is missing a bit of refinement. Than comes Triple Deluxe... which takes what Return to Dreamland did and REALLY polishes it. It's VERY VERY GOOD imo. It's my favorite Kirby game since Super Star. I think it's one of Kirby's best games. The platforming is more engaging because there is a lot to collect and you feel much more rewarded for actually checking out all parts of the stages, the hyper nova ability is given more useful integration into the main game than the Ultra Abilities did, the bosses attack in less predictable ways, it uses the 3D to GREAT effect and is the only game I truly like seeing in 3D. The soundtrack is amazing, the bonus games are fantastic. Some people aren't too fond of Dedede Drum Dash but it is a good and very challenging rhythm game. Kirby fighters is like a smash bros lite but is actually really fun to figure out and battle. It's also got some of the most challenging gameplay of most Kirby games. Not so much the main story itself but the bonus. Kirby Fighters on Very Hard can be Brutal and the True Arena featured in this game is the most challenging one yet to power run.

I love it... I absolutely love the game. I can't praise it enough honestly. Nightmare in Dreamland is based on Kirby's Adventure on the NES. That game was created by Sakurai so maybe you'd prefer the games influenced by him. I find Kirby games like KSS and so forth have more an action feel and maybe that will appeal to you? I definitely recommend to you anyway.

btw I"m also a Shulk supporter. Xenblade Chronicles was AMAZING.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Edit: @ Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon Well, RoB only got in due to being a peripheral that saved the gaming industry. Bandana Dee is more of a modern relevant Kirby character. If anything I could see Rob getting cut but I doubt that will happen. Bandana Dee is in a better position than most (as you guys definitely know).
I actually meant because people saying that "He can't be in Smash because he's in Smash Run" - R.O.B. was an enemy in the Subspace Emissary.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I am a mega Kirby franchise fan and my favorite game is Kirby Super Star. If you're familiar with that title at all and how powers work in that game, then you would be familiar with the fact that the powers have movesets similar to an action game or fighter (like smash for instance) where a directional input and attack button will produce different attacks. Many fans are quite found of this because of the depth this lends the gameplay. A gamer can complete a speed run of a level or boss rush in different ways by using the different powers. It's quite fun. Well after 10 years we finally get a game that does what Sakurai did in KSS and brings back movesets, that's Return to Dreamland. The game is great but is missing a bit of refinement. Than comes Triple Deluxe... which takes what Return to Dreamland did and REALLY polishes it. It's VERY VERY GOOD imo. It's my favorite Kirby game since Super Star. I think it's one of Kirby's best games. The platforming is more engaging because there is a lot to collect and you feel much more rewarded for actually checking out all parts of the stages, the hyper nova ability is given more useful integration into the main game than the Ultra Abilities did, the bosses attack in less predictable ways, it uses the 3D to GREAT effect and is the only game I truly like seeing in 3D. The soundtrack is amazing, the bonus games are fantastic. Some people aren't too fond of Dedede Drum Dash but it is a good and very challenging rhythm game. Kirby fighters is like a smash bros lite but is actually really fun to figure out and battle. It's also got some of the most challenging gameplay of most Kirby games. Not so much the main story itself but the bonus. Kirby Fighters on Very Hard can be Brutal and the True Arena featured in this game is the most challenging one yet to power run.

I love it... I absolutely love the game. I can't praise it enough honestly. Nightmare in Dreamland is based on Kirby's Adventure on the NES. That game was created by Sakurai so maybe you'd prefer the games influenced by him. I find Kirby games like KSS and so forth have more an action feel and maybe that will appeal to you? I definitely recommend to you anyway.

btw I"m also a Shulk supporter. Xenblade Chronicles was AMAZING.
Thanks for your input. Kirby Super Star as well as Ultra are great games. Ultra brought Bandana Dee into prominence as well as introduced the awesome Masked DDD (which should be an alt or FS). I've played the original Kirby's Adventure although its not the same as playing the remake for obvious reasons. I'm anxiously waiting for the return of 02 from Kirby and the Crystal Shards. Now that was an epic boss fight as well as a memorable moment. Yeah, I'm more of a fan of the traditional Kirby games versus the "spin offs." Epic Yarn is a ton of fun, Kirby's Air Ride can use a sequel, and I'm interested in the new Wii U curse game (forgot the name) but the straight up 2d platforming is my favorite. Best Buy has some sort of buy one get one free 3ds promotion so this is a great time for me to pick up Triple Deluxe. Also, I'm glad they're trying to make the games somewhat more difficult with the bonus modes. As much as I enjoy them, I sometimes wish there was a bit more challenge. Kirby music never disappoints . I typically look forward to the new iterations of Butter Building and the DDD theme. Ha, Xenoblade is great. Random thought from Super Star, but the Ridley fight in Brawl seems like such a copy of the Dyna Blade fight. This reply is getting too long...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Double Post Warning Received
Thanks for your input. Kirby Super Star as well as Ultra are great games. Ultra brought Bandana Dee into prominence as well as introduced the awesome Masked DDD (which should be an alt or FS). I've played the original Kirby's Adventure although its not the same as playing the remake for obvious reasons. I'm anxiously waiting for the return of 02 from Kirby and the Crystal Shards. Now that was an epic boss fight as well as a memorable moment. Yeah, I'm more of a fan of the traditional Kirby games versus the "spin offs." Epic Yarn is a ton of fun, Kirby's Air Ride can use a sequel, and I'm interested in the new Wii U curse game (forgot the name) but the straight up 2d platforming is my favorite. Best Buy has some sort of buy one get one free 3ds promotion so this is a great time for me to pick up Triple Deluxe. Also, I'm glad they're trying to make the games somewhat more difficult with the bonus modes. As much as I enjoy them, I sometimes wish there was a bit more challenge. Kirby music never disappoints . I typically look forward to the new iterations of Butter Building and the DDD theme. Ha, Xenoblade is great. Random thought from Super Star, but the Ridley fight in Brawl seems like such a copy of the Dyna Blade fight. This reply is getting too long...
Haha, yeah I'm a big fan of the traditional Kirby games as well (Though I love Canvas Cures and Mass Attack). Yeah the Kirby series is easy but that's the point with them since they are entry level games made for beginners. They just happen to appeal to long timers as well with their design and extras. Being easy and completable is what they're designed for but I still find them really fun and the extras tend to pack in some more challenge to keep me coming back and trying to beat my times or get platinum. Even though Triple Deluxe is easy I found the gameplay to still be really engaging because it keeps you on your toes exploring the level for keychains, solving puzzles with hyper nova, and messing with items and powers here and there... just keeps you going. I find it really comforting to play. Bandana Waddle Dee is in this game too as your ally. He'll toss you a item here and there. He's so cute :D

I don't know if we'll see Zero ever again but the Kirby franchise is known for awesome final bosses and this game is no exception. (Well maybe Nebula from Squeak Squad was an underwhelming boss but the rest have all been menacing or badass) Magolor was a cool final boss and Triple Deluxe has a great final boss too with GREAT boss music. Boss isn't really like Zero but the different approach is refreshing and still epic.

Totally do the buy one get one! GO! :D haha

I actually meant because people saying that "He can't be in Smash because he's in Smash Run" - R.O.B. was an enemy in the Subspace Emissary.
I always found that argument to not make sense either because OTHER waddle Dees were enemies in Return to Dreamland and that didn't stop him being playable in that game. I think this just goes back to the criticism I made earlier in my introduction, that people unfamiliar with the series don't understand that Bandana Waddle Dee is his own actual character and not just a random enemy Dee made playabe. X_x People think He can't be a character in smash because Waddle Dees are in Smash Run and thus are "represented" except Bandana Dee doesn't have much to do with other Waddle Dee other than being of the same species. He is allied with Dedede and Kirby and is Dedede's Guard... So that argument people are making doesn't really make sense to me. He wouldn't be a representative for Waddle Dee but as another ally against Pop Star menaces like Dedede and Kirby.

Last edited by a moderator:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Haha, yeah I'm a big fan of the traditional Kirby games as well (Though I love Canvas Cures and Mass Attack). Yeah the Kirby series is easy but that's the point with them since they are entry level games made for beginners. They just happen to appeal to long timers as well with their design and extras. Being easy and completable is what they're designed for but I still find them really fun and the extras tend to pack in some more challenge to keep me coming back and trying to beat my times or get platinum. Even though Triple Deluxe is easy I found the gameplay to still be really engaging because it keeps you on your toes exploring the level for keychains, solving puzzles with hyper nova, and messing with items and powers here and there... just keeps you going. I find it really comforting to play. Bandana Waddle Dee is in this game too as your ally. He'll toss you a item here and there. He's so cute :D

I don't know if we'll see Zero ever again but the Kirby franchise is known for awesome final bosses and this game is no exception. (Well maybe Nebula from Squeak Squad was an underwhelming boss but the rest have all been menacing or badass) Magolor was a cool final boss and Triple Deluxe has a great final boss too with GREAT boss music. Boss isn't really like Zero but the different approach is refreshing and still epic.

Totally do the buy one get one! GO! :D haha

Its hilariously awesome how the final bosses always take some sort of dark turn almost out of nowhere compared to the rest of the game. Maybe zero 3 or 4 will eventually show up. I'll report back to this thread once I pick it up and put some time in. You're right. Nintendo has that timeless developer charm that enables them to make appealing games for all ages and audiences. While all fun, the skill progression is typically Kirby --> Mario --> DK.

Since a Kirby stage hasn't been announced yet, ignoring Halberd, what are you guys hoping for? I've always wanted a Mt Dedede but Little Mac pretty much took away any chance that stage had.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Its hilariously awesome how the final bosses always take some sort of dark turn almost out of nowhere compared to the rest of the game. Maybe zero 3 or 4 will eventually show up. I'll report back to this thread once I pick it up and put some time in. You're right. Nintendo has that timeless developer charm that enables them to make appealing games for all ages and audiences. While all fun, the skill progression is typically Kirby --> Mario --> DK.

Since a Kirby stage hasn't been announced yet, ignoring Halberd, what are you guys hoping for? I've always wanted a Mt Dedede but Little Mac pretty much took away any chance that stage had.
Yeah it is odd that NO Kirby stages other than Halberd has been shown. Not much of Kirby anything has been shown since that one direct talking about some change in their moveset and Kirby's new Final Smash. I guess this gives us Bandana Waddle Dee fans some hope that it's for a surprising reason.

I want a Triple Deluxe inspired stage for sure but TD might have come out too recent for an inclusion. Perhaps a Stage from Return to Dreamland. A version of the space in Another Dimension, Halcandra, or maybe something based on the levels in world Nutty Noon.... I like those levels... they were so pretty.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Kirby's new FS is a lot better than the cooking pot. Interesting how both Kirby and DDD got chargeable hammer moves. The biggest thing for Bandana Dee was probably the switch in DDD's side B right?

Even though TD is recent, Smash 4 thus far seems to lean more toward recency than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if TD got decent representation as a result. Hoping for a stage based on the Wii U Kirby game however would be pushing it, although a clay or a yarn stage would look fantastic. I've seen Another Dimension thrown around a lot.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So...New Star Fox Stage and still no Kirby Stage.
Now I really think that the Kirby Stage will be a Kirby's Return to Dreamland Stage and it will be used for Bandana Dee's Trailer.
Same for the Donkey Kong franchise with the Gangplank Galleon and King K.Rool.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'll play ya. I wish you luck tho.

Also any love for Kirby 64 anyone?
A LOT of people like Kirby 64. I think it was a lot of people's first Kirby game. I like Kirby 64. I think it's got a great soundtrack, atmosphere, and the combining concept it entertaining but it's not my favorite Kirby game. I like it though. I just think Kirby moves like such a damn sack of potatoes in that game x_x And they removed movesets so even though I got new powers by combining, they all just did one thing. Still it's a nice enough game with it's own likeable attributes and the first time we see Kirby in 3D. So it's got a nostalgia factor going for it. Still I prefer the games that follow KSS more. I feel like K64 follows the Dreamland games more directed by Shinichi Shimomura like Dreamland 2 and 3 (minus the friends, instead of combining with an animal for a new attack you can just combine yourself)

If they ever go back to doing power combining I think they should mix with movesets than Kirby would have SO MANY abilities. It'd be cool.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Kirby 64 was the first Kirby game I ever played, thanks to Smash. :p I have a lot of nostalgia over it.

But my favorite game? It's a tie between Dream Land 3 and Super Star. Love both of them for what they do.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So Star Fox stage reveal but still nothing for Kirby. HM suspicious. Lack of reveals mean a more important reveal later? Maybe!!!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So Star Fox stage reveal but still nothing for Kirby. HM suspicious. Lack of reveals mean a more important reveal later? Maybe!!!
WaitingInLineCon, make us proud.
We need the Dee.
(I made a funny. eed Dee.)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
SDCC starts tomorrow! But, I don't think Nintendo starts their show until Thursday. The Smash tournament is on that day, so maybe we'll get something Thursday?

They did mention "special surprises". What could they be?

D

Deleted member

I've seen nonsensical arguments get thrown around that if Bandana Dee is playable, then why not Goombario. It doesn't make sense to me either...

You should get Triple Deluxe! It's a very fun game with some creative platforming and gameplay!

I'll play ya. I wish you luck tho.

Also any love for Kirby 64 anyone?
Kirby 64 was my first Kirby game, though I never gotten very far in it on my first playthrough! Then again, it was a rental copy and I was a little kid...
I love picking up and playing Kirby 64 now and again. I remember in 8th grade when I was done with some test, I relaxed my mind by playing Kirby 64 and I 100%'d it in one day.

They did mention "special surprises". What could they be?
I wouldn't hype myself for it and I wouldn't expect a newcomer. I mean, if a super-hyped and packed audience at E3 wasn't good enough for a Pac-Man reveal, then I don't expect a reveal here.
If that rumor is true though, I hope that we do see Bandana Dee and Meta Knight.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Kirby and Star Fox have both been lacking in reveals. You know what else was lacking in reveals? Fire Emblem. Now look at it. I hope my logic holds out.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Kirby and Star Fox have both been lacking in reveals. You know what else was lacking in reveals? Fire Emblem. Now look at it. I hope my logic holds out.
Yeah the fire emblem reveals surprised me. Awakening did well but the franchise as a whole doesn't seem very big in the west at least. That last game really did it for Fire Emblem and it had TWO more reps because of it. That's a lot of Fire Emblem now for a franchise that a lot of people didn't even know about UNTIL smash bros.

I think that it's possible to think that a lack a reveals can be a sign of a possible major reveal later! Especially all these franchises that have been lacking in past games. I am STILL surprised till this day how long it took King Dedede to appear in the Smash Brothers series and THIS IS SAKURAI'S OWN CHARACTER. I mean I heard he's modest but that's absurd considering how he's been a part of the Kirby franchise since the beginning way back in 1992 with Dreamland. He was also very much requested. I don't think it's being conceited to give your own franchise the much needed credit and representation it deserved. Especially with a long reoccurring character like King Dedede x_x

I'm hoping with this game, and the fire emblem reveals, he'll be all about giving some lesser franchises and characters a chance. I mean if Lucina is anything to go by or the reveal of Rosalina whose only been popular and notable from just the recent Mario games...

The fact that this particular Star Fox game has a stage could indicate that franchises like Star Fox could finally get another rep too. Maybe DK whose been around FOREVER will FINALLY get more than two reps.

Than Kirby whose been so relevant lately with all his games can get a fourth rep would be AWESOME. Come on Sakurai!! Here's hoping!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also remember that Bandana Dee in particular is a product of post Sakurai HAL so the "Sakurai's own" argument is shaky for arguing for and against BD.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Also remember that Bandana Dee in particular is a product of post Sakurai HAL so the "Sakurai's own" argument is shaky for arguing for and against BD.
Wait Bandana Dee was a product of Sakurai. He appears in Sakurai's Kirby Super Star in the Megatone Punch mini game. He just didn't become a BIGGER character until director Shinya Kumazaki. He's been making Bandana Dee more and more important since KSS. Giving him a role and personality in Revenge of the King, making him playable in Return to Dreamland, and an ally in Triple Deluxe, not including his continuous cameos in games like Mass Attack and the Dream Collection.

So he's kind of originally Sakurai's Character sort of... though it's Shinya whose been showing him a lot more love so maybe it's more of his crafted character... I dunno.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait Bandana Dee was a product of Sakurai. He appears in Sakurai's Kirby Super Star in the Megatone Punch mini game. He just didn't become a BIGGER character until director Shinya Kumazaki. He's been making Bandana Dee more and more important since KSS. Giving him a role and personality in Revenge of the King, making him playable in Return to Dreamland, and an ally in Triple Deluxe, not including in continuous cameos in games like Mass Attack and the Dream Collection.

So he's kind of originally Sakurai's Character sort of... though it's Shinya whose been showing him a lot more love so maybe it's more of his crafted character... I dunno.
Like Reverse Palutena in a sense.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I apologize, I have mostly played Kid Icarus Uprising's Multiplayer mode and am unfamiliar. Could you elaborate on that?
Palutena is a character made and forgotten by someone else, taken up and popularized by Sakurai.
BD was made and forgotten by Sakurai and taken up and made popular by someone else.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Palutena is a character made and forgotten by someone else, taken up and popularized by Sakurai.
BD was made and forgotten by Sakurai and taken up and made popular by someone else.
Oh haha, thanks. That's interesting. Maybe if Palutena made into Smash than maybe Bandana Dee. It would be awesome.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
guys I don't want to stray away from bandana dee topic but if you think about it Bandana dee is Krilin from DBZ in a way xD

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Found another potential song for BD's trailer.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Okay I'm noticing that people keep saying that they believe that the Waddle Dee from K64 is the same Waddle Dee that would become Bandana Dee and I don't think that's correct at all. I think these two waddle dee are completely different. Allow me to explain.

Bandana Dee is constantly following and is loyal to King Dedede. The Waddle in K64 is an aimless one who looks to just get caught up in Dark Matter's affairs. He allies himself originally with Kirby when he gets saved by him.

Bandana Dee shows an immense amount of loyalty that indicates he's long ago made the decision to train diligently as a spear user and follow him as his guard. There's no indication that the Waddle Dee in K64 was doing any of this.

Now you can argue that maybe after the events of K64, Waddle Dee simply later joins Dedede and becomes Bandana Waddle Dee...

but if the events of K64 take place before KSSU than why would Bandana Dee help King Dedede fight against Kirby? Why is he mostly loyal to Dedede when he was originally an ally of both and was there when he witnessed Kirby save Pop Star from Dark Matter? It makes no sense.

These two Dee are different ones. Just like how Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee are different characters.

Bandana Dee is someone who long ago was inspired for some reason specifically by King Dedede and became loyal to him. He's been loyal to him for a long time now since he's talented and trained at using a spear. Meaning he's worked at being a guard for awhile. If this was the Waddle Dee from the 64 game there's no reason why he would ally only with Dedede after witnessing everything Kirby's done. The Waddle Dee from 64 isn't originally following Dedede at all. Nor is training to be his guard or anything. He was a waddle dee walking around the forest and got attacked.

I don't think this delegitimizes Bandana Dee's impact in the series since he's still a reoccurring character and in many other games, I just don't think he's the same Waddle Dee as the K64 one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom