• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No Sakurai wouldn't hate his own franchise at all, and all other Nintendo franchises he referenced in both the Wii U and 3DS version.
You mean like Metro-oh. I made myself sad...
And I realized why Lor Starcutter couldn't hold spoilers! The Fiora trophy shown in the 50 fact extravaganza is something spoiler related! And K.Rool trophy mentioned joining the battle...Mewtwo's trophy went in to greater detail about his fighting capabilities...The chance is small but exists!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Why Lor Starcutter has that spolier-line?

Because its owner is secretly the final boss AND biggest plottwist of the game and uses the LS as a warship to fight Kirby and the gang.

That's why.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Yup, too bad Sakurai couldn't care. There's been a lot of things SINCE Air Ride that could have inspired new content in Smash. Canvas Curse was an amazing DS title and super inventive. It's final boss, Drawcia, could have made a great assist trophy using her paintbrush to draw hazards, also the painted world could have made for a cool stage, If not Canvas Curse Why not the Squeaks from Squak Squad? How about Return to Dreamland being the BIG and latest console release of a traditional Kirby game. Having a cool Lor Cutter Stage through the Galaxy? Mass Attack was very different and could have also inspired a stage on the hand held version of smash where maybe the tiny Kirbys could be running around in the back, taking down giant enemies? We have Triple Deluxe that just came out on the 3DS which would have given us GREAT Stage ideas, Amazing Mirror also would have inspired a great stage where maybe the Mirror could have summoned shadow forms. We have the new Rainbow Curse coming out.... We have new Characters like Taranza, Magolor, and Bandana Dee that could have also made appearance in SOME FORM.

I mean people get where I'm going with this. Mentioning ALL these new games and settings and characters from Kirby games BEYOND Air Ride.

ALL THIS ignored. Nothing. Not a single influence on smash.

Yet DK has a new and deserved stage from DK Returns, Pokemon got their Mega Evolutions added, Fire Emblem got Awakening characters joining, etc.

I mean all these franchises have things going on and getting added... Kirby has been having things going on for AWHILE and nothing added.

We get an Assist Trophy of Nightmare (Adventure), we get a Dreamland Stage, and we get a Super Star Stage. Than we have Smash Run.

Dreamland, Adventure, Super Star, and Air Ride. These are specifically the 4 Kirby games in the WHOLE Kirby franchise that Sakurai HIMSELF directed. No games he didn't direct, got content.

That's telling.
I can't remember why he left HAL. Maybe if he was in it still, Kirby would have better representation and a better stage than Dream Land.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So...here is a game!
Who are your 3 favorite enemies and 3 favorite minibosses? (Don't add Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos because is pretty obvious XD).

Here are my choices!

Enemies:

-Roly-Poly: Round and...blue!

-Big Zombon: I like Zombies.

-Nruff: I love Nruffs and pigs in general XD

Minibosses:

-Phan Phan: I love his power and his design.

-Box Boxer: I also love his design, everybody loves dogs.

-Water Galboros: His attacks are pretty cool and I don't know, I love the combination of a Galboros and the Water abillity :D

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I can't remember why he left HAL. Maybe if he was in it still, Kirby would have better representation and a better stage than Dream Land.
I'm not EXACTLY sure why he left HAL. I've read different things. I've read about him being mad with changes in the offices/building at HAL. I've read that he doesn't like sequels (Even though he mostly works on Smash Sequels, go figure). I've also read he was frustrated with issues during development of Kirby's Air Ride.

Maybe if he WERE Still making Kirby games, we'd see modern content from the games he made at least. We'll never know.

I think Dreamland is a beautiful stage and it's very nostalgic for me. Dreamland is my first Kirby game. However I don't think nostalgia is a good reason to neglect putting ANY modern content into Smash and ignoring all the updates and changes in the franchise past Air Ride. It keeps smash fresh and enjoyable to see that as new things happen in NIntendo's franchises, that there's a chance some of those new changes and characters make it into Smash. We got Robin and X/Y stages. It was Hype! However Kirby fans can't anticipate new changes to ever show up in a smash game. It's a real hype killer for me. I may not be interested in future smash because I know the Kirby content they add each smash will never pass the year 1996.

Last edited:

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
So...here is a game!
Who are your 3 favorite enemies and 3 favorite minibosses? (Don't add Waddle Dees or Waddle Doos because is pretty obvious XD).

Here are my choices!

Enemies:

-Roly-Poly: Round and...blue!

-Big Zombon: I like Zombies.

-Nruff: I love Nruffs and pigs in general XD

Minibosses:

-Phan Phan: I love his power and his design.

-Box Boxer: I also love his design, everybody loves dogs.

-Water Galboros: His attacks are pretty cool and I don't know, I love the combination of a Galboros and the Water abillity :D

Enemies:

Knuckle Joe, Plasma Wisp, and sir Kibble.

Minibosses:

Bonkers, Fire lion, and Sphere doomer.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Gamexplain just posted a 500 trophies video, NO BANDANA DEE TROPHY STILL.

Sakurai, you're disappointing me, not a single mention of Bandana Dee, none. How dare you.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I have the game. I gonna find all Kirby stuff.

I want to play that game.

Enemies:
Gim- Love is swag for yo-yo

Waddle Doo- I like how they design that eye pf DOOM!

Lancer- I like how metalic and armored is it.

Mid-boss:

Grand Whelie- I like is Redesign and look really cool is DX form.

Kibble Blade- I think I like metal way too much, Is DX form, Is like a Dark knight, GENIUS!

Gigant Edge- Is very easy to defeat but I have a soft spot how Cool he look and how he fight.
Love is armor!

I try to unlock most trophy.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I want to know ALL Kirby trophies and if any other modern characters show up.

So I wasn't interested in buying Smash Wii U but went to store to at least get my Kirby Amiibo and when I got home my brother had bought me a copy of Smash Wii U and a Kirby Amiibo so now I have TWO Kirby Amiibos.

I don't plan on playing the game soon so I can't share trophy information but for those diligently playing, do share the info when you're able! I'd appreciate it. I just want to see the Kirby stuff.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Still no Bandana Dee trophy after an hour into the game, and no one else has posted it..

Has.. has Sakurai really only made the Lor Starcutter as a modern Kirby game trophy? All of the others are random enemies from Super Star and various copy abilities?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Still no Bandana Dee trophy after an hour into the game, and no one else has posted it..

Has.. has Sakurai really only made the Lor Starcutter as a modern Kirby game trophy? All of the others are random enemies from Super Star and various copy abilities?
It's the only one so far. I think the Copy Abilities might also be influenced by the models from Return to dreamland or maybe new models? I dunno. The power design are similar but they may just be based on super star.

Keep at it folks!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have the game. I gonna find all Kirby stuff.

I want to play that game.

Enemies:
Gim- Love is swag for yo-yo

Waddle Doo- I like how they design that eye pf DOOM!

Lancer- I like how metalic and armored is it.

Mid-boss:

Grand Whelie- I like is Redesign and look really cool is DX form.

Kibble Blade- I think I like metal way too much, Is DX form, Is like a Dark knight, GENIUS!

Gigant Edge- Is very easy to defeat but I have a soft spot how Cool he look and how he fight.
Love is armor!

I try to unlock most trophy.
Wait. Do you want to see those trophies? Or you got them?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Did Magolor get a Trophy, too? I feel like he also deserves one as well. If they're putting the Lor Star Cutter than they have to include him. I really want a Marx and Drawcia trophy as well. Also waiting for Bandana Waddle Dee.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Well guys... I unfortunately don't think Bandana Dee will make it... I'm saying I don't support anymore but, Sakurai's a butt, I'm more upset that the character wasn't mentioned at all than him not being a character. Oh well :C

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I got my Kirby amiibo! Granted, I don't have Smash Bros Wiiu but hey, Kirby racing suit in Mario Kart, am I right?

Are all the trophies been shown yet?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Wait. Do you want to see those trophies? Or you got them?
No, I actually saying what my personal favorite enemies and Mid boss of Kirby.

But yes I try to unlock most of the trophy. I getting soo deep about the modes, smashing and farming coins, I even forget how many trophies I have.

I need time to do it well.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Can't find the adapter for the damn gamecube controllers anywhere. They're sold out. I really don't want to play this game with another controller but my brother wants to play it this evening. Eh.

So is this it for the Bandana Brigade? I feel like we should still support the character as a prominent member of the Kirby cast now. Even if Sakurai isn't interested in new Kirby content, we as fans of Bandana Dee should support him in the Kirby franchise. He's going to be a big part of Rainbow Curse which is very exciting. Let's hope to see him continue to be an ally in further Kirby games. Maybe Smash 5 will finally see some new Kirby content.

I MEAN how many more smash brothers can Sakurai make where the only games he references are his own? Kirby fans are gonna keep catching on and being disappointed that the series is getting shafted so that Sakurai can live in the past. If not than look forward to maybe HAL expanding on Kirby Fighters!

I feel like HAL really loves their fans and you just have to replay Triple Deluxe to see all that good nostalgia and nods. So keep an eye out to their continued works.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Well, I got myself a villager amiibo and pokemon omega ruby today. And I must say that the quality of the villager amiibo is actually quite nice. In other news still don't have smash 4 on the wii U. So now I wait until either I get money or Christmas.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
Got a Kirby Amiibo, I'm surprised I bothered buying it, but I kinda like to collect stuff, and it's very cool! Unfortunately I left it at my friends house so... I gotta wait until Monday to get it

D

Deleted member

I tried to get a Kirby amiibo, but I think that they were sold out of them.

We still don't know all the trophies.
I'm just surprised that it's been this long and Bandana Dee has been seen without a trace.

Dr. Canadian Bacon

Smash Cadet
I tried to get a Kirby amiibo, but I think that they were sold out of them.

I'm just surprised that it's been this long and Bandana Dee has been seen without a trace.
It's either that several people have found him, but not announced it, or he's absent. :/

Also, shame you didn't get the Kirby amiibo.

D

Deleted member

It's either that several people have found him, but not announced it, or he's absent. :/

Also, shame you didn't get the Kirby amiibo.
I hope that he's there... but I am losing hope... :(

I'll go back to the mall eventually to Christmas shop, so I'll try my hand again to see if I can get a Kirby amiibo. If not, I can always order online, so it's all good.

It's not like he's the only one, Isaac doesn't have a trophy either and there is not a single Wario Land trophy ( yet again ).
I am hoping that Wario Land gets another song, preferably Glittertown.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My Kirby amiibo is very lonely because I don't have Smash Bros. Wiiu yet.:(

Anyway...

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Our very own Magolor:
image.jpg

I'm kind of wondering now... Huh... Isaac and Bandana Dee are both missing. Why would magolor be a trophy but not BDee? And why is there golden sun music without the main Golden Sun Protagonist?

Last edited:
Top Bottom