• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Mario usually says something very quickly in few sentences, not constantly
This. I don't recall Mario saying much. I haven't played many of the rpg games so not sure if he does a lot of talking in those or if it's other characters but even then it's all text. Which is how I like it.

I mean if people want to hear the characters voices talking, than I suppose one can just watch the anime. Maybe the Japanese versions in particular is what HAL had in mind for the characters.

Maybe Dedede's voice is just Sakurai's ;)

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
actually kirby has talked before

the first episode of kirby right back at ya
the kirby magna
the japanese kirby and the rainbow curse comic strips
and avalanche, he had such an attitude in that game.

even without voice acting other characters spoke,

magolor (he had voice acting)
meta knight
bandana dee
king dedede
marx
nova
queen sectonia

and obviously meta knight has a voice in super smash bros.

one of my problems with kirby games is the lack of story or detail of character personality.
we don't really know what magolor is like at all or other characters.

even if the next kirby game still isn't story focused voice acting would give it a certain charm.

imagine if smash bros just had text boxes instead of voice

it would be pretty weird.

even if kirby just says poyo like in the anime that would be cool

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I've been wanting a Kirby RPG for sooooo long

Here's how it'd play out; Dreamland is being invaded by an alien race who wants to steal the Star Core, the heart of Pop Star. Just before it is captured, the Star core splits into 8 pieces and possesses 8 familiar people's from the Kirbyverse. Kirby and he Gang firm a ragtag group of 8 Playable characters to stop the aliens. Playable Characters (and abilities) are;

Kirby: Of course he's here! He'd be the all-around character with the ability to copy others abilities. Attacks would include classic punches, swallowing, and the sword.

Meta Knight: A speed attacking glass cannon, insanely high Attack but gets knocked out quicker than most. Attacks include swords slashes, martial arts, spawning a temporary Sword Knight, and giving a Sword to another member (Attack buff)

King Dedede: A Tankedy Tank Tank, High Attacks and Defense but all attacks are singular and he is slow.

Bandana Dee: Your early game support character. A variety of spear moves and foods to give to allies. Kinda weak, but can be trained to attack better at the cost of his healing growths.

Adeliene and Elline Tag Team of Artistry and DEATH; The Mage of the party, being able to dish out magical paint lines and the like. Great for hitting crowds but not so much singular characters.

OC: Ranger Mcgruff: A gutsy sherriff who rides 3 Animal Buddies: Rick, Kine, and Coo and can switch between them at the cost of a turn. RICK specializes in attack, Kine is a healer, and Coo gives buffs to the party and debuts to the enemies.

Daroach: Kind of Like Meta Knight, but higher evasion at the cost of even lower Defense.

Chef Kawasaki: Your late game healer. Has lots of health, but weak attacks.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
What would the attack options for Kirby be if he did have an RPG? I think there will be an option for a Copy ability, Star Shoot, and Inhale

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mario usually says something very quickly in few sentences, not constantly
Mario consistently speaks full sentences in Sunshine, Fortune Street, Super Sluggers, Super Mario Advance, vs. Donkey Kong, Mario Kart Wii, several Mario Parties, and Toadstool Tour. Those were off the top of my head so some of those could be wrong.
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Yeah, but Kirby never spoke. Not even in the cartoon.
Did I ever say he did?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
actually kirby has talked before

the first episode of kirby right back at ya
the kirby magna
the japanese kirby and the rainbow curse comic strips
and avalanche, he had such an attitude in that game.

even without voice acting other characters spoke,

magolor (he had voice acting)
meta knight
bandana dee
king dedede
marx
nova
queen sectonia

and obviously meta knight has a voice in super smash bros.

one of my problems with kirby games is the lack of story or detail of character personality.
we don't really know what magolor is like at all or other characters.

even if the next kirby game still isn't story focused voice acting would give it a certain charm.

imagine if smash bros just had text boxes instead of voice

it would be pretty weird.

even if kirby just says poyo like in the anime that would be cool
Avalanche isn't canon. Also Kirby is known to say a bit but he can probably talk but it seems choose not to or limited.

See I have no problem with the story telling or characterizations in Kirby games. I feel like they tell a lot with so little and with lots of visuals. To me it's AMAZING. I can't think of another game series where the character development spans several titles and what we know about the characters truly changes. Where their natures are truly revealed not all at once but over the course of games. How King Dedede is actually a concerned King of Dreamland and grows fond of Kirby and their rivalry, how Metaknight's Ideals for Dreamland lifestyle and protection wasn't want dreamland needed and what he need to do. Also how Magolor is so emotionally manipulative and says one thing but really has ill intentions. Much of this conveyed with little dialogue. I mean I find this AMAZING personally and it's probably why I'm again partial to the lack of voice acting. Also I like some things to still be mysterious. I like the theorize and ponder the world of Dreamland. If everything was explained, and characters weren't as people personally imagined them to either act, sounds, or formed, than it can be really disappointing. Like when the Kirby anime happened, I was disappointed that I didn't get a dreamy vibe from it or enjoy how it looked like compared to some of the amazing and diverse dreamscapes of the game. It was missing that magic and wonder for me I felt when I played the games. It was more goofy and silly and the environments were never extra ordinary. It felt kind of like a world but not quit like a dream. So I think doing something like that can really end up being mixed experience for fans, too.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
How Deespicable of me to not post in the this thread for so long. I even missed HAL's birthdee. I deespise my actions.
I want Rainbow Curse so badly, but I'm kinda broke. And I kinda want money for a different game, not Rainbow Curse (don't hurt me).
So yeah, Bandana Dee.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
How Deespicable of me to not post in the this thread for so long. I even missed HAL's birthdee. I deespise my actions.
I want Rainbow Curse so badly, but I'm kinda broke. And I kinda want money for a different game, not Rainbow Curse (don't hurt me).
So yeah, Bandana Dee.
Truth Dee told, Rainbow Curse wasn't all that spectacular. You wanna know what one of my favorite Wii U games is? 3Dee World. I'm sorry but no one else made the joke and I couldn't pass it up.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So yeah, Bandana Dee.
your hurt is determined by what that other game is you want so bad.... lol

My favorite game for the Wii U is Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. I put 600 hours into it... so lol... Mario 3D World is great too. I still don't think a mario game after Galaxy 2 has matched and beat my love Galaxy 2 but they are still solid.

Anyone really disappointed by the fact that you have to play Rainbow Curse on the tablet only? I'm sort of disappointed that my theorized idea from earlier in this thread, where Player 1 could also control a Waddle Dee, wasn't implemented. I think it could have given players 2 ways to play the game. It would have been a way smarter idea. It wouldn't even had to have eliminated the rainbow lines entirely either. By having BDee as an option, the player could move Kirby along but than for various level interactions or puzzles, have swift instances where you have to look down and draw the path to throw Kirby to or bounce Kirby from. I dunno... Just a shame that the art style is so pretty and detailed and yet you have too look at the inferior picture on the tablet screen. It's almost a waste.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291

My favorite game for the Wii U is Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. I put 600 hours into it... so lol... Mario 3D World is great too. I still don't think a mario game after Galaxy 2 has matched and beat my love Galaxy 2 but they are still solid.

Anyone really disappointed by the fact that you have to play Rainbow Curse on the tablet only? I'm sort of disappointed that my theorized idea from earlier in this thread, where Player 1 could also control a Waddle Dee, wasn't implemented. I think it could have given players 2 ways to play the game. It would have been a way smarter idea. It wouldn't even had to have eliminated the rainbow lines entirely either. By having BDee as an option, the player could move Kirby along but than for various level interactions or puzzles, have swift instances where you have to look down and draw the path to throw Kirby to or bounce Kirby from. I dunno... Just a shame that the art style is so pretty and detailed and yet you have too look at the inferior picture on the tablet screen. It's almost a waste.
Eh, you get used to the Gamepad. Especially if your family uses the TV most of the time. But yeah, wish you can play on the TV ( Also I am never going to play Hyrule Warriors on the Gamepad ever. The picture, sound quality , and frame rate all suck).

As for favorite Wiiu games, I don't know. I played so many great games on it like Smash, 3d World, HW,W101, TF, and more that I can't decide. In fact, I think the Wiiu games are shaping up to be better in quality than the Wii games.(Not dissing them off, Galaxy was great and I NEED Xenoblade).

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Like I mentioned in my last post, I was gonna buy Squeak Squad since it's a Kirby game I've never played. but sadly the only site I could find it for a decent price is now our of stock. I am sad...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like I mentioned in my last post, I was gonna buy Squeak Squad since it's a Kirby game I've never played. but sadly the only site I could find it for a decent price is now our of stock. I am sad...
*hugs*
No one should lack Squeak Squad in their collection...Also, try getting a copy outside your region if it's cheaper, no region lock, unless you use a DSi

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I completely aDee. Galaxy 2 is my favorite game of all-time to this day.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I found one at a Gamestop a while back for 13 or 17 dollars. It was used but still, 17 (or 13) dollar Squeak Squad.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Just bought Rainbow Curse and I'm making my 6 year old cousin control Kirby just so I can play as Bandana Dee....

still on the first level after an hour and a half

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's weird seeing Meta Knight absent for two games in a row, both of which are games Bandanna Dee had prominent appearences in. I wonder when HAL is going to unite the quadrio again.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It's weird seeing Meta Knight absent for two games in a row, both of which are games Bandanna Dee had prominent appearences in. I wonder when HAL is going to unite the quadrio again.
Hopefully in the next console main series game. Along with a Bandana Dee mode pretty much like Meta Knightmare/ultra and Dedede Tour.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I Came back! Sorry I've been gone for so long.

Mario's talked plenty of times and never gotten any flak for it. I'm not asking for Kirby to start rapping, I'm just saying that voice acting would enhance the experience. Even though I would totally listen to Kirby rap.

I'm not sorry :seuss:

@ Enderman1021 Enderman1021 That's cool. Although a whole game filled with a high pitched noises would get annoying fast.

@ Chandeelure Chandeelure I hope that stuff is fan made.

If they do make a Kirby game with voice acting. They better make it a big reveal that Waddle Dees can talk. It would be so hilarious. Everyone would be like :surprised: Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!
They actually do!

If you have a player join or leave the game with Bandana Dee he'll makes noises. It's sort of a mix between a Shy guy and Donald Duck.

Hopefully in the next console main series game. Along with a Bandana Dee mode pretty much like Meta Knightmare/ultra and Dedede Tour.
Maybe in that mode he could Deerect King Dedede's Army or save him. There he becomes even more well-known which he'll get a phone call from Sakurai telling him that he got into Smash and he's planned a feast in his honor! *raises spear*

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
*hugs*
No one should lack Squeak Squad in their collection...Also, try getting a copy outside your region if it's cheaper, no region lock, unless you use a DSi
I found one at a Gamestop a while back for 13 or 17 dollars. It was used but still, 17 (or 13) dollar Squeak Squad.
I have a regular DS and a 3DS so I'm fine when it comes to region locking. but the only cheap copies of Squeak Squad (or Mouse Attack) is the Japanese version and then just the card no cover.

regardless I'll keep looking because if Squeak Squad is as good as everyone here says it is then it's a travesty that I haven't played it yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have a regular DS and a 3DS so I'm fine when it comes to region locking. but the only cheap copies of Squeak Squad (or Mouse Attack) is the Japanese version and then just the card no cover.

regardless I'll keep looking because if Squeak Squad is as good as everyone here says it is then it's a travesty that I haven't played it yet.
One thing I like in Squeak Squad is how you can do almost everything to the environment, electricity from your attacks create sparks on metal floors and you can freeze water for example. Speaking of Japanese, anyone else notice in videos of the Japanese versions that the food items are a lot different?

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
One thing I like in Squeak Squad is how you can do almost everything to the environment, electricity from your attacks create sparks on metal floors and you can freeze water for example. Speaking of Japanese, anyone else notice in videos of the Japanese versions that the food items are a lot different?
aww that sounds really cool and creative. I've really gotta find this game.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Inb4 , Meta Knight gets replaced by BD because 'muh recency'.:smirk:

Oh god, don't let that happen.

Last edited:

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
If you are allowed to play other characters I hope you will be able to play them as player one. I hate that Nintendo makes it so that player one isn't allowed to play as other characters in the 2D plat formers.
Agreed, happens in Mario, Donkey Kong and Kirby. and it's just annoying. I know those guys are the main heroes, but if you're giving us multiple playable characters, let us play as them Nintendo!

Top Bottom