• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Not going to lie I set my self up for disappointment because I fully expecting him but I'm glad Isabelle got in. I think people would have gotten mad about him if it was just him announced. That gets me thinking what Would be a good time to announce him? Closer to release or in a smash direct?

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Not going to lie I set my self up for disappointment because I fully expecting him but I'm glad Isabelle got in. I think people would have gotten mad about him if it was just him announced. That gets me thinking what Would be a good time to announce him? Closer to release or in a smash direct?
Having, say, Isaac and Skull Kid (for example) announced in a similar fashion to Lucina and Robin, and then during the inevitable Smash direct shortly before the game's release, start off with Bandana Dee and end it off with Geno, with echo fighters like Ken and Shadow sprinkled throughout the middle. That way everyone's happy.

I feel like that's the most likely. Maybe.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Sorry to be pessimistic, but he's not gonna make it. There are only 2 months worth of reveals until Ultimate releases, those being October and November. Vergeben has leaked two Newcomers, perfect to fill out those two slots,
those being the Pokemon and Square reps (probably Geno and Incineroar).
If there was a third newcomer (like they reveal 2 in the Smash Direct), it'd be either Steve, Skull Kid, Banjo or Isaac.

Edit: there's also Sakurai's bias against the games he didn't make, which seems to hold true for this game, as well as the Hat Goomba argument, and, IMO, it's really reasonable for Sakurai to agree with that argument, since he's never made a game where Bandana Dee was important.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be pessimistic, but he's not gonna make it. There are only 2 months worth of reveals until Ultimate releases, those being October and November. Vergeben has leaked two Newcomers, perfect to fill out those two slots,
those being the Pokemon and Square reps (probably Geno and Incineroar).
If there was a third newcomer (like they reveal 2 in the Smash Direct), it'd be either Steve, Skull Kid, Banjo or Isaac.
Assuming what Vergeben has said is true, I find it very doubtful that a potential third non-echo newcomer is going to be another third party. Isaac and Skull Kid are possible, but I don't believe they've necessarily got bigger shots than Dee.

Even so, call me a fool if you will, but I still have a ton of doubts in a gen 7 newcomer. Didn't one of Vergeben's sources also say there wouldn't be a new DK character? Didn't one of them also say something about a new Castlevania game that we haven't heard of so far? I refuse to take any of his words as gospel.
I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he has a reliable source with the info on Simon (and Isabelle, but let's be honest, most people saw her coming echo or not), but do we even know whether the other news is coming from the same source? Another thing that's always been bugging me is how he got various veterans right and no cuts, but not "everyone is here".

If you've given up, that's fine. But if there's even the slightest bit of hope I'm going to hold onto it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I say there can be at least 4 unique newcomer reveals:
1 in another general direct in November
2 in another Smash direct
1 getting a reveal like Robin and Lucina did.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I definitely thing one day, they're just going to announce that they have nothing but a Smash trailer to show.

I can see Bandana Waddle Dee showing up in something like that.

But don't lose any hope, guys. Keep in mind that BWD is still by far one of the highest requested characters in Japan. It would seem pretty unfair for Sakurai to give all these characters to people in the west, then give his home country barely anything.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Even if he isn't in, if he isn't an AT or something like that, he could be DLC.

But yeah, there is still time for more Directs and every Direct could have multiple characters so there is still hope.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
See, the thing with BWD. Both of his AT roles are taken by other Kirby AT's (Knuckle Joe with the barrage of strikes, Kawasaki with the food). Which means, it's all or nothing. And he's far too popular to go with ONLY a trophy. Next month has to have a big Smash info drop (Smash Direct 2?). so he's either in the next big drop, or November.
:193:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I definitely thing one day, they're just going to announce that they have nothing but a Smash trailer to show.

I can see Bandana Waddle Dee showing up in something like that.

But don't lose any hope, guys. Keep in mind that BWD is still by far one of the highest requested characters in Japan. It would seem pretty unfair for Sakurai to give all these characters to people in the west, then give his home country barely anything.
This is partially a reason why I feel like Dee's still got a good chance. Chrom got in due to Japanese demand, after all.

On a different note, while I don't believe Sakurai's fulfilling any quotas of any kind, I can't help but feel that Kirby so far has been kind of left in the dust while every other major franchise so far has gotten something in terms of playable characters.

Super Mario got Daisy (and may or may not get Geno).
Donkey Kong received King K. Rool (and could be getting Dixie).
The Legend of Zelda had various tweaks and changes among its characters, as well as the returning Young Link. (Also, Skull Kid and Impa as a Sheik echo are possibilities which should not be ignored.)
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus.
Yoshi... uh... I guess Yarn Yoshi is possible? But to be fair I count Yoshi in the same series as Mario myself.
Star Fox got the returning Wolf.
Pokémon saw the return of Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.
Fire Emblem let Chrom in.
Animal Crossing now has Isabelle joining the Villager.

With Ultimate being quite fanservicey, I just really hope Sakurai won't pass up a character for the series he helped create, especially with how big of a deal it's become to Nintendo, with it getting at least a single game every year since 2014. (2014: Triple Deluxe, 2015: Rainbow Curse, 2016: Planet Robobot, 2017: Battle Royale, 2018: Star Allies, 2019: Extra Epic Yarn.)

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
This is partially a reason why I feel like Dee's still got a good chance. Chrom got in due to Japanese demand, after all.

On a different note, while I don't believe Sakurai's fulfilling any quotas of any kind, I can't help but feel that Kirby so far has been kind of left in the dust while every other major franchise so far has gotten something in terms of playable characters.

Super Mario got Daisy (and may or may not get Geno).
Donkey Kong received King K. Rool (and could be getting Dixie).
The Legend of Zelda had various tweaks and changes among its characters, as well as the returning Young Link. (Also, Skull Kid and Impa as a Sheik echo are possibilities which should not be ignored.)
Metroid got both Ridley and Dark Samus.
Yoshi... uh... I guess Yarn Yoshi is possible? But to be fair I count Yoshi in the same series as Mario myself.
Star Fox got the returning Wolf.
Pokémon saw the return of Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.
Fire Emblem let Chrom in.
Animal Crossing now has Isabelle joining the Villager.

With Ultimate being quite fanservicey, I just really hope Sakurai won't pass up a character for the series he helped create, especially with how big of a deal it's become to Nintendo, with it getting at least a single game every year since 2014. (2014: Triple Deluxe, 2015: Rainbow Curse, 2016: Planet Robobot, 2017: Battle Royale, 2018: Star Allies, 2019: Extra Epic Yarn.)
I kinda feel that this is where Sakurai's bias comes in. He's gone on record saying that he doesn't want to overrepresent his own franchise, which causes him to underrepresent it in the process. In addition, he might not want to give major representation to the Kirby games that he didn't make.

However, as long as he's not an Assist Trophy or any other non-fighter role that isn't a normal trophy, he's got DLC as a very good potential safety net, given his only competition in Japan (from what I've seen) is Rex and Pyra. Edit: Even then, who's to say they can't both get in?

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
YO ITS BIG **** JAMAL HERE AND **** THIS DAMN CHARACTER BANDANA DEE SUCKS SO MUCH **** ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY JUST **** THIS CHARACTER
Bandana dee tards.... he will never get added lmao cucks
hes some random enemy in a kirby game, kinda funny people want him in the game
You're joking, right? You created an account on this website today just to troll a peaceful community of people who want a relevant character from an under-represented franchise. He's not a random enemy, he has appeared in every game since Return to Dream Land (not counting his cameo in a minigame in the game prior, Mass Attack) except for Kirby's Blowout Blast, which is an upgraded version of a minigame he did appear in. And I'm not talking about "he's in the background of a boss battle", I'm talking he's made multiple playable appearances (Return to Dreamland, Rainbow Curse, Star Allies), and even if the games on the 3DS, which doesn't have very good local multiplayer compatibility, he still has a fairly decent supporting role in those games, helping Kirby on his adventure.
Bandana Waddle Dee is gayaf
Calling something/someone gay means 3 things: you're saying that they're homosexual, you're calling something happy, or you're using it in a negative context because you're homophobic. I'm assuming it's the latter.

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
hes some random enemy in a kirby game, kinda funny people want him in the game
This is the worst attempt at trolling I've ever seen.

And I admit I take bait easy...

Let's move on.
Have a badass boye in the meantime.
I do wonder if they might incorporate his Megaton Punch in some shape or form. Final smash, maybe?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I do wonder if they might incorporate his Megaton Punch in some shape or form. Final smash, maybe?
Honestly, Megaton Punch is an absolutely ideal Final Smash. Short? Check. Cinematic? Check. True to character? Check. Imagine: Bandana Dee transports the fighter to the stadium where it takes place, does his intro poses, punches the character (who may or may not be trapped between stone slabs), and screen cuts to Pop Star, entire crack, with the "201MT".
:233:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Megaton Punch is an absolutely ideal Final Smash. Short? Check. Cinematic? Check. True to character? Check. Imagine: Bandana Dee transports the fighter to the stadium where it takes place, does his intro poses, punches the character (who may or may not be trapped between stone slabs), and screen cuts to Pop Star, entire crack, with the "201MT".
:233:
Not only would it be glorious, it would get people to shut up about him being a wimpy character.

The fact that it's a thing from Kirby Super Star (which is definitely a game Sakurai holds near and dear) makes me feel like it's a pretty likely outcome, honestly.

D

Deleted member

So we got a troll, all the best to him, will continue to support Bandana Dee as ever.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I wonder what happened with the "Hoshi no Kirby Star Allies: The Great Pinch of the Universe?!" manga.

Captura de pantalla (23).png

It released on August.
Would be cool to see the pictures inside.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Almost every long standing or giant Nintendo IP is getting a boost in content with Ultimate.

Super Mario is getting New Donk City and Odyssey themed changes to Mario, with plenty of polish to his cast like Bowser having Mario & Luigi animations or Dr. Mario having his own attack or Peach actually using Toad properly

Zelda gave Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf design updates, brought back Young Link, and gave Link a revamped moveset

Metroid got Ridley and Dark Samus

Animal Crossing got Isabelle

Donkey Kong got King K.Rool

Starfox got Wolf, and redesigns for all three characters

Yet essentially nothing new Kirby related has been seen, except Chef Kawasaki. Same goes for Pokemon, who is probably getting a newcomer.

I'm not saying he's in, but don't give up hope until the game launches and the DLC is finished

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I wish leaks weren't a thing it just ruins the fun for a lot of people. You know I can't help but feel that the flavor text in the Kirby pause menus and descriptions of Bandana Dee was/is supposed to mean some thing big for him. Though I think I'm jumping the gun when it comes to character inclusions. Can he at least get a trophy or something? It's bad enough that people even out side of this website who don't play the recent Kirby games throw him under the bus. They can be so hypocritical when it comes to that Generic argument. And act like the points we make aren't validating. And don't get me started on the people who say he should get in Next game. That's what they said last time like wtf? Kirby games really don't get much respect as it should have or are they just stuck with pre-ultra/modern Kirby? It's fine if you don't like it just don't **** on the series or characters that it's from.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Almost every long standing or giant Nintendo IP is getting a boost in content with Ultimate.

Super Mario is getting New Donk City and Odyssey themed changes to Mario, with plenty of polish to his cast like Bowser having Mario & Luigi animations or Dr. Mario having his own attack or Peach actually using Toad properly

Zelda gave Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf design updates, brought back Young Link, and gave Link a revamped moveset

Metroid got Ridley and Dark Samus

Animal Crossing got Isabelle

Donkey Kong got King K.Rool

Starfox got Wolf, and redesigns for all three characters

Yet essentially nothing new Kirby related has been seen, except Chef Kawasaki. Same goes for Pokemon, who is probably getting a newcomer.

I'm not saying he's in, but don't give up hope until the game launches and the DLC is finished
Kirby is one of the only big series to have almost nothing new in Ultimate so far. The only new things so far is the Kawasaki AT, and the City Trial remix. We only know of the series having a total of 39 tracks in Ult (it was briefly visible during the music section of the Smash Direct), with my count of pre-Ult tracks + New CT adding up to only 35.

That leaves four new tracks. The victory themes are still there from when I initially counted them, but then discarded them mattering after seeing FF only having two tracks, which would be three if counting its victory theme. With four new tracks, I can see the possibility of a Megaton Punch remix alongside Dee.
:251:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
If there's no Kirby newcomer it would be extremely unfair to the series, Like, I get Sakurai; he doesn't want to overrepresent Kirby, but at the same time, he needs to listen to his fans, especially the Japanese, considering the series is insanely massive over there. Not to mention, Bandana Dee has had tons of relevancy over the years and I think it's HAL's way of saying they want to include the character in Smash.

There's still hope for our bandana boy, and I don't intend on giving it away anytime soon. SAKURAI, I'M COUNTING ON YOU

kirbstr

Smash Apprentice
Guys, keep giving your wishes and prayers to the fountain of dreams. He will get in, he has to. It's only a matter of time!

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Kirby's Epic Yarn has amiibo compatibility, which means Waddle Dee amiibo compatibility.

You guys think anything Bandana Dee related will come of it? Would be nice if he FINALLY appeared in Epic Yarn

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd love to see Yarn Bandana Dee.

Probably gonna pick it up, never got to play the Wii original and this seems to improve in a fair few ways

smashkirby

Smash Hero
King K. Rool (AFAIK) was NEVER in any of Verg's leaks, and come on... you don't just ignore the possibility of King K. Rool being a playable character in a Smash game just like that. That said, that certain case is what gives me hope for my little bandana-wearing good boy.

In fact, I think I can safely say this now: I think Ultimate will fully sell me on its roster if the following are added:
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong

Yeeeaah... it's not a lot, but they're who I feel Ultimate is incomplete without.

D

Deleted member

Already sold me on my roster a long time ago, but Bandana Dee will make it over the top. This is going to be one of my favourite games and my favourite Smash, can't wait for it. Even if King K. Rool hadn't been added I would have thought that, but when he was it established that fact for me.

Bandana Dee hoping he will be in everyday.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm K. Rool was never leaked by Verge.

In fact, he found a leak that said there would be no new DK reps. Admittedly however, he put those on the dubious side.

There's a strong chance the guy has some reliable sources, but also keep in mind that we have yet to really have a newcomer that is really far out there.

While we assumed she'd be an echo, I don't think anyone (besides haters) truly doubted Isabelle's inclusion. I sure didn't. When she wasn't shown off in either assist trophy presentation, I was confident she'd be playable.

Also keep in mind that even the Verg himself has stated not to take everything he says as fact. He finds a leak, and posts them depending on how much he believes them.

I'm just saying that we should stay confident and not let forget that there's still plenty of time for him to show up.

Last edited:

Waddle_dude

Smash Cadet
So I’m a little conflicted rn. On one hand I obviously want BWD playable but if he doesn’t get confirmed I’d want him to be an assist trophy so he is at least in the game. But then at the same time if he isn’t an assist trophy he has a good shot at being DLC but that’s not a gaurentee! What if they use DLC and bring in mostly 3rd party characters. That would mean he isn’t in the game at all and that would just make me sad .

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
If it goes down wrong, at least let us get a DMK semi-echo (in the vain of how Isabelle or Falco are to their respective originals) and a Dark Matter sword-fighter costume, like Kirby's in that one spinoff.
mqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom