• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
(Aww, thanks Ledge! No problem and if nothing else i'll try to come down when I can. =D )

Some more before I head to bed :p :

Nido - I've always wanted to meet you in person, pretty much from the time we first met. Those moments when you step into a tournament and meet someone you know and respect on the boards (or anywhere i'd imagine) for an extended period of time is... well, I can't quite describe the feeling. It was as if everything was culminating to that one moment, and then further on to the rest of the tournament, getting to know you and playing you and joking around was fun and a little slice of something I really crave in tournaments which is people my own age really pushing their boundaries and trying to be the best they can whilst having fun. I know winning amateurs would have been a pretty awesome experience and considering how close you came to pro, i'd be surprised if you didn't make it next time. Keep practicing, i'll always be around to help you out if I can man. You're a good player and you deserve to do well if you're working hard for it, which I know for certainty that you are. Thanks for being there, it was so awesome to actually meet you Nido and I hope we'll be at SS together (if I can make it). :)

Nikes - Like Nido, it was awesome and a little heartwarming to see you making the effort to come to the event. Meeting you in person was one big experience in itself (you're so soft-spoken, you know, and incredibly kind!) and playing you was another altogether. Gosh, I must say your Yoshi is truly something else. Those techs of yours are so out of the ballpark, I know you'll be doing what Attila was doing with snake under SV soon enough, your tech skill is literally that good and you have so much potential. Your general playstyle reminds me a lot of Jei (who's style i'll articulate on in his shoutout) in some respects. You mixed things up and your playstyle was this mix of aggressive but defensive manoeuvrings that was actually a kind of beautiful and fascinating thing to watch, to the point where you were scary in just about everything you were doing. One thing I learnt versing you was that you can break out of yoshi's neutralB like you can with Lucario's sideB. Otherwise your Yoshi was everywhere at once and it was serious trouble trying to keep up with everything (in a good way!). The honour in your matches is outstanding too, when you thought a kill was unfair I noticed you'd often just SD to even things up. You did fantastic in crews and I admire the courage with which you faced Sebby's diddy in that first match, originally not knowing who you were versing or what was happening. In all, you're just a unique person and I think you ought to keep that with you. You have such a fantastic personality and your skill in matches together with that will make you a much respected smasher some day, so keep going and I can't wait to see how you're doing next time we meet! :D

Sebby - I literally cannot fathom how you could keep telling me i'm so good whilst annihilating me at the exact same time but i'll take your word for it. :p At first I wasn't sure whether you were just messing around but i'm actually really thankful for your words throughout the entire thing. It gave me a lot of much needed confidence that I think will propel me forward into getting better. Otherwise you're an insane player, though your edge-guarding could use a little bit of work I know that'll take a small amount of time. Otherwise it scares me just how good you are for a person that has only been playing competitively for a year, even with MK. You're a cool player and friendly teams with Ledge and Allens was so much fun. I felt like the worst person there but those kills i'd get on you and Allens really made me bristle with a bit of pride. I'm surprised Usmash worked so well! As much as I was surprised at how much Jam used it generally, the way it was working suggested to me that Usmash is better than I give it credit for and I should be looking for ways to sneak one of those in every now and again. In any case, that MK of yours is something to be proud of and I look forward to seeing you again when I next come down. Thanks for all those supportive comments! :D ("Why do all the Lucases here have to be so GOOD!?" has got to be my favourite quote ever, save for Shaya and Liam's "How does DK DEAL WITH THIS!?!?" when they were trying to show us how bad that MU was for Lucas) <3

Dekar - I'm sad I didn't get to play that Marth of yours a little more. I was pleasantly surprised when you told me you didn't like the chaingrab and didn't want to go for it and that sig of yours is so true, you're a really nice guy. Those matches of ours were fun and I like your Brawl playstyle, though I accept melee is probably more your scene. Thanks for being so great for the small amount of times we actually managed to have matches! ^_^

Mozart - That wolf of yours is so scary, I was really intimidated by it and I recall shaking after one of our matches early on! Perhaps I should've gone Lucas for the entire thing but i'm pretty happy with how it went in general. Again, I didn't get to play you as much as I would have liked but i'm sure our matches would've been really close - I reckon you weren't far off from taking my spot in pro had you won the second match! :o =P

Jei - Another shoutout i've been thinking about for a while. You were so genuine when we were playing together in friendlies, crews and bracket, our matches tended to be close or going to the person who got the momentum first. I think one of the largest factors behind your wins were that you're generally better at getting momentum in our matches than I am. Otherwise I think we're almost dead even against each other. But I enjoyed our games so much, I really loved the swing and flow of the matches whether I won or lost and i'm glad to have gone against you, both for the pit experience (I am coming for you invisi!! :p) and to actually meet you. I was overjoyed when you said you enjoyed versing me because I feel exactly the same way. And man your pit is something else! This was where I felt Nikes was very much akin: when I was versing you, it felt like there was more to your pit than there actually was. As in, it was like I wasn't just versing pit but other smaller entities that were against me as well... or I dunno, it's hard to explain. But it was like going against pit and a wall rather than just pit I suppose. I dunno whether it was from the WoI tricks you did (Apparently it's only effect is placebo and maaaaaaaan it does that SO well!) or the arrows or something else but I felt pressured in a way i've never been pressured before in those games. I think that's just more credit to you and I respect pit so much because of it. Thanks for being so awesome generally as well - you're so nice! You also made me realise how important Ness is to me. So many times i've fluctuated between Lucas and Ness, wondering whether I should be co-maining or only going one and if so which one and the rest of it. Usually my Lucas does far better but in our matches you made me remember why I thought that Ness was a good character to use competitively too. I just mean, even when it comes to bad match-ups or people far better than me, I always have one character I do significantly better with, be it Ness or Lucas. I wouldn't have been able to do that had I only mained one. And so while in some matches i'll go better as Lucas, there are some, like yours, where I really should be using Ness. So thanks for making me realise just how valuable it is to use both Ness and Lucas, it's actually made me so much happier and faithful that i'm going down a legitimate path that I enjoy. I'll continue to use both and you're re-affirmed that for me, so thankyou times a billion!

I'll keep going tomorrow. I keep feeling as though i'm forgetting people, i'll have to remember well. Btw guys, I wanna say thanks in general. This reminds me of my first tournament in that the matches and days are blurring a little in to this one hazy cloud that I can just kinda smile at. I mean, this tournament has left me with a lot of fond memories and experience i'll treasure in future, so thanks again for that you guys. :')

S.D

Smash Master
just remembered, i picked up a purple/clear GC controller without any significant marking on it as I left the venue. who left it behind?

also picked up that triple splitter/adapter business... dunno who it belongs to. redact? SD?
That actually belonged to couchwarriors, I borrowed it from Loki.

@ supri5e: I get that a lot :/

Remastered

Smash Lord
It was making me cry too. I'll learn the MU to the point that I'll never lose to Olimar again!
nps with the controller, anytime.
Olimar is awkward for MK, but very winnable. Nado spacing at Olimar's head height is a must, and unlike most other MU's where you can get away with camping, you are actually better off pressuring Olimar as much as possible.

He suffers from blind spots at 45 degree angles without Purps, and rolls are extremely punishable. Obviously gimping is your friend, but good Oli's won't get gimped easily. Usually better off pressuring the get up, rather than the recovery.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I had a pretty good time down in Melbourne, it was nice catching up with some of the Metabourne crew.

Shoutouts:

Splice - Thanks again for housing me dude I appreciate it. It was cool getting to know you a bit better as well, you have a good taste in music :) Also congrats on 3rd placing, dat olimar.

Jei - Sorry if I seemed a little distant, I think it was mainly to do to the fact that I don't really play brawl anymore and I didn't stay at your place for once so we didn't get as much time to chat about stuff haha. Next time I'm down we should have drinks with everyone and hang out or something :D

Attila - Thanks for housing me and driving me around as well man, you're pre' legit. Bad luck with GF but you're still a great player and I'm sure you'll put on a good show at SS. Once I'm better at pokemanz we should battle.

Tibs - You're the best! Congrats on winning GF, you're a pretty cool guy. After getting to know you a bit better I got to see for myself why everyone calls you the hulk :p We should play some LoL soon. Hopefully zxv has some time to teach me this week. :)

SD - Congrats on winning Maylee, as always you're always entertaining to watch especially that 4 stock at the very end haha. It was nice getting to know a bit better too and thanks for letting me crash on the couch haha

Dekar - unlucky man, sadly pocket falcons aren't good enough against SD it seems haha. You're still an amazing player though. I'll be hitting up Dota soon so if I ever get good I'll hit you up for a game or two :)

Puppy - Damn son, it was a shame that none of the wild cards placed top 4 but your Fox is great as always. I'm sure if you hit Syke up for practice you'll get even better in no time haha. It's always a pleasure hanging out with you as well, you're a pretty cool guy. Plus 10 points for Spongebob and drinking simultaneously.

Skeletom - Well My pocket G&W wasn't enough it seems haha. I learned that my character really needs compact stages to work well against fast characters with FD being a kind of exception. I've noticed you've improved a lot, SS will be interesting ;D

To everyone else I enjoyed playing smash with the lot of you, especially melee. Hopefully Zxv and Ted's coaching might make me decent at the game in time for SS.

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
hey guys just a quick question. about the doubles, what time and what day were they for brawl because my friend penguin and i signed up for them but nothing happened

S.D

Smash Master
They were on the Saturday, when did you sign up? We had an updated list of all entrants who had paid on the day so I'm surprised you didn't get a callout.

Attila someone posted Melee results bar top three - which were S.D and Smoking Puppy, Dekar and Redact, Toshi and Joey

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
They were on the Saturday, when did you sign up? We had an updated list of all entrants who had paid on the day so I'm surprised you didn't get a callout.

Attila someone posted Melee results bar top three - which were S.D and Smoking Puppy, Dekar and Redact, Toshi and Joey
in that order?

Hughie

Smash Lad
ShuVL, we didn't miss it. We lost two games and got out of the bracket.

But it was confusing because on the name tag thingy it said doubles were Sunday morning?

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Cheers everyone for a fun weekend, so nice playing people in melee that aren't Cal :p
SD: Holy ****, I could vs your Fox/Falco for hours, I need dat practice!
Smoking Puppy: We had some fun friendlies, Your Fox is really good and my Jiggs is really gay, I hope I get to play you sometime soonish.
Dekar: Same as SD, but add Marth in there.

I know I didn't name many people, but I'm still yet to really meet you all, hope to see you all at Shadowloo in the Future!

Hughie

Smash Lad
I guess it's my turn to do the shout-outs now. Thanks to everyone who made BAM super awesome!

Atilla: YOU ARE SO NICE. It was so cool to met you, super helpful during the time we were there. Want to play you in the near future, so get ready to absolutely slaughter me.

Nido: We didn't get to talk much, but we did play a few 2v2 with you and Nikes friendlies and boy are you guys good. So going to do some 1v1s with you soon. Really nice meeting you.

TotodileTrainer: BOY THAT WAS THE MOST ENJOYABLE SET I HAVE EVER PLAYED. We were laughing, making jokes, all around fun, even in our bracket match. Don't forget the coin matches!

Luco: It was really nice talking to you, although I didn't see you play much, I saw your crew match online and HOT DIGGITY DAWG IS YOUR LUCAS GOOD you are now my fav lucas main now hope to see ya at shadowloo later this year

SHuVL: You are heaps better since BAM. Even though I played you like 3 hours ago, I definitely see your Wolf is better. A nice challenge to go against.

Mozart- I didn't meet you or talk to you, but thanks for making my friend SHuVL heaps better.

Viva- I played your Mario in one match. I've heard about you, so I'm goddamn proud to take a stock off you in that match.

Thanks to pretty much everyone who made BAM awesome. And to anyone who beat me (pretty much everyone)...

...PREPARE TO LOSE FROM ME AND MY YELLOW MOUSE...probably not because everyone is still better than me. But I will attempt to put up a fight.

Thanks to EVERYONE- you made this weekend really awesome for me.

unreon

Smash Ace
9th Smoking Puppy
13th Redact

Whaaaat; they're both real good players. Way better than me. Has the scene really changed that much D:

Also: October tournament? Hmmm. I may return.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
RETURN of UNNY SS2K13 hnnnng
CAOTIC is running smash at shadowloo showdown alongside attila, so yes surP15e, he will return

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
All results have been passed onto Loki; expect them up on the site soon.

@Penguin: we had some organizational issues this year, and the site posted the incorrect information initially. I was under the impression that this was fixed before the tournament, though. Either way, sorry you missed out.

Well have to play some doubles next time to make up for it :D

What's the bet that S.D is going to win Melee in SS this year. Also will CAOTIC be returning at SS this year.
Dunno man. I'd expect an international or two to give him a run for his money.

And yeah, Cao will be Co-TOing this will me.

Hype for October 11-13!

unreon

Smash Ace
Is this Joey from Canberra? Man. Congrats - he got real good real quick!
This scene is getting too good. I just can't keep up at home. Somebody train me.

ProtoFenix

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProtoFenix
Was my first big tournament had a blast while I was there meeting and playing against new players, now I know I got ways to go to get better. xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
ShuVL, we didn't miss it. We lost two games and got out of the bracket.

But it was confusing because on the name tag thingy it said doubles were Sunday morning?
The name tag was so out of it haha, I noticed it when I was first looking at it. It must have been a misunderstanding or something of the sort.

More shoutouts:

V / Negai - I remember you first coming to tell me how good my Ness was, then when we actually versed I felt really really pressured! Your onstage game is pretty much on par with mine. Your offstage game is the only thing that keeps you in amateurs, my honest opinion. You got gimped so many times, I realise that's a weak point for ness. I reckon as soon as you start getting tricky with your recovery you'll be a really solid Ness. You're rather shy, I noticed, and then you turn out to be a great player. I'd really love to see you again at a future tournament! Be more confident in your abilities too! Aside from that, just keep being as you are. Your ness already gives me the jumps, that first game of ours was rather close and I think you'll be winning amateurs or going into pro soon if you keep it up. Fantastic play from such a new player, you have so much potential and i'd like to see that develop. You were so kind and seeing you enjoy the whole thing really me smile. Thanks for trying it all out and thanks for impressing me beyond belief with that awesome Ness of yours. It won't take much before it's going head to head with our top players, you know! ;)

Grim Tuesday - It took me a long time to realise what you were doing when you said "Then I forfeit." but the more I think about it, the more I feel really bad for taking things the way I did. I just mean, the way you said you forfeited that match, I was wrong to push you, I understand that was probably awful. I umm, I really do wanna say thanks. I felt bad after I realised because I went against ledge next and got annihilated. That pure selflessness really did my head in, I couldn't believe you were forfeiting for me and me pushing you to play was just so stupid of me. I'm so sorry, i'll practice and do better next time so you won't have to be in that position again, I swear it. I literally do. You're an incredible person, i'll always be happy to stick up for you, you know. Thanks for being so great to me, I don't know exactly what I did to deserve it but I felt really friendly vibes from you whenever we were talking and playing together and it made me really grateful that you went so out of your way to help me enjoy my time the most. If I actually lived in my own house, I would literally say that you would always be welcomed there (obviously I can't say that in a house owned by my parents haha but you get my point!) so thanks for everything you did there. My only other regret is that we didn't play more friendlies, I think with a little more practice i'd be going even with your puff, which by the way is not to be taken lightly (the skill level of your puff, I mean!). :o ^_^

Khoa - In retrospect, I proooooobably shouldn't have told you I found it so hard to handle you just before I went into my crew matches, that was setting myself up for disaster! :p But man you're such a good player! I wasn't kidding when I said I found it hard to beat you, you're ever so slightly above my skill level I know. :D I was kinda sad you couldn't come on the sunday but it was awesome seeing you there for the time anyway! Thanks for being a snake roughly around my skill level, i'll need that experience in future to get better against him. As much as I love that MU I do accept he's pretty silly for me. :p

TT - It's awesome to see a new diddy! Sad I didn't get to play you more but otherwise looking forward to seeing what you do next. Not too much more to say, you're a pretty cool diddy and man I really need that diddy exp! :p

Will do more later. ^_^

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
One thing that will make me very happy is if Ken Hoang aka SepirothKen comes down to Shadowloo Showdown. I'd give Dekar, Redact, CAOTIC, S.D and Attila a fair chance of beating him if he actually does show up.

S.D

Smash Master
9th Smoking Puppy
13th Redact

Whaaaat; they're both real good players. Way better than me. Has the scene really changed that much D:

Also: October tournament? Hmmm. I may return.
Yes Jason you MUST come to SS. I want to try and convince Comboturtle, Kulla, Jaz?? etc old Sydney guard to come down for fun times.
Redact didn't turn up for bracket, along with Tak and Bus so we were a few short, but because Phil had confirmed he wasn't coming Bus got the DQ win over him in case he showed. Spup just choked.

What's the bet that S.D is going to win Melee in SS this year. Also will CAOTIC be returning at SS this year.
CAO will be back for SS, and running it which will automatically make the tournament great. Hopefully I can pull it off but I might have to settle for best Australian depending on the sponsorship situation. Dr Peepee vs Armada grand finals????????

Ken has been to Australia before, back in his prime. He bodied CAO in grand finals with game and watch and I doubt much has changed lol. The videos are up on youtube somewhere. We've also had M2K and Mango come out with very similar results.

Is this Joey from Canberra? Man. Congrats - he got real good real quick!
This scene is getting too good. I just can't keep up at home. Somebody train me.
Joey from Melb, Toshi's brother.

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
thx luco and nyone who helped with that doubles thing.
some shoutouts.

MOZART: thanks for teaching me some cool new moves with wolf. i couldnt have a better coach, would love to play you sometime soon.

Penguin: one word: B34ST

and to everyone else: i love your passion towards the game and hope to play you all sometime soon in brawl!

thank you for making BAM5so goddamn amazing

tibs7

Smash Champion
Pengu and shuvl so glad to see you guys enjoyed and are keen for more!!
brawl scene continues to grow. awesome stuff guys!

Hughie

Smash Lad
SHuVL, you idiot. I'll just go on my own now. Tibs, 1v1 friendlies maybe? Gotta work on my pika and learn how to counter diddys. BAM taught me diddys punish hard.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Unny: Wrong Joey, Joey from Victoria, as in JoeyJoeyJoeJoe

@Luco: I don't think Grim forfeited for your sake buddy

tibs7

Smash Champion
sure bro, i wanna go straight pika next tourny though lololol.
ill use diddy if you want

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Luco: I don't think Grim forfeited for your sake buddy
Well that's totally fair enough, it's just the way he did it kinda... well, alright, anyway. He probably did it for someone else then?

Oh hey, I think one of my good matches was saved, i'm pretty sure there's a match on the hacked wii where I versed Dekar in pools? I can't remember if he was sephiroth costume or green Marth and I know I won that match, if anyone knows where to dig it up. I was just uhh, hoping that a good match from me was recorded hehe. :)

Top Bottom