• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM- Battle Arena Melbourne Tournament! May 17th-19th Preregister now!

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
My bball has been scheduled at 2:20 right next to my house. -of all weeks to be this early >:( - Any chance the brawl singles will finish at around 1:30? And is it just brawl pools on Saturday (i doubt this) or bracket as well?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
keeping me up? like i'd wait to go to sleep until i answered your next reply? ha
also i could be sleeping at any hour of the day

if you finish your singles pool, you're all good for the singles bracket on sunday (whether it be amateur bracket or main bracket depends on your pools result)
however you would teams on saturday afternoon
there are usually 4-6 people in a pool

the schedule on the bam site will soon be updated with the correct smash schedule info

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@yosh: you can play the matches in your pool first, and should be finished by 12:30 or so. easy peasy.

just make sure youre there on sunday!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Is there going to be any means of getting friendlies recorded this weekend? Oh, and will there be Brawl livestreams? :o

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Is there going to be any means of getting friendlies recorded this weekend? Oh, and will there be Brawl livestreams? :o
The recording and uploading of matches is solely at the discretion of the equipment provider. Obviously tournament matches, in particular finals matches will take priority.
Smash will almost certainly not have a livestream for this event.

OP update, including link to updated schedule! http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/schedule.php (Note, although it says 'Doubles Pools' that is actually the doubles bracket. There are no pools for doubles, simply a double elimination bracket that will run start to finish on saturday.)
Also, If you didn't preregister, be sure to register on friday night so you can sleep in and avoid waiting times on saturday morning.
Friday night is also a great for meeting everyone, playing some friendlies and getting in some good practice before singles pools on saturday morning.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
is anyone going to be there on friday from smash? and how are we on setups n CRTs
everyone who wants to play any money matches or have lots of pre tournament friendlies will be there
also anyone who didn't pre register should be there friday night to at the very least register (did you read my above post..?)

we're fine for tvs, but please bring a wii/gamecube/brawl/melee if you can

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia

Jamwa

Smash Champion
yes i will be coming tomorrow to register for games sorry for not doing it online
and jam i can help but please bring a laptop w/ internet and 2gig sd card
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96886-guide-softmod-any-wii.html
^that's the guide i've used on everyone's wii i've hacked except mine, and mine is the ****ed up one so you know the guide's legit
I cant bring internet, and i think dean can bring a laptop. can you just tell me the files i need to download and ill bring them on an external harddrive

Splice

Smash Hero
Just wondering, what are the prizes? Also, what should I do if am doing both melee & brawl singles and doubles. Thanks
Then you pay for all the events and sign up for all the events, and because you are in so many events make sure you attend all the matches you have for the different tournaments so that the tournament doesn't run behind time trying to wait up for you.

The prizes are some amount of money I think it's going to be based on how many entrants.

ProtoFenix

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProtoFenix
I'm not 100% certain ill be going, if I do come ill be with my sister and one of friend that also wants come. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
This is irrelevant to the thread. We don't need people to have all the trophies they have nothing to do with the tournament please refrain from these types of questions, this is not the place or time kkkkkkkk
That was such a late night me post lol, sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. =C

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I might be there before 6. I get home at 4 and I will try and speed demon to get to city around 5. Takes me only around 20-25 mins to get there

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
O. I finish uni at 1 so can get there... whenever it opens. I think Dave said 3:30pm a few pages back. otherwise I'll just stay at uni and watch TV.

Attila_

BRoomer
anyone who can go down to slhq to help transport stuff (we need manpower to pack tvs and shizz) should arrive there by 3pm. expect us at the venue about an hour later.

also, everyone bring setups please!

Jamwa

Smash Champion
just do it at home u need to find out ur mac address to get homebrew
just follow the topic perfectly
ok i found out my MAC address and got that letterbomb thingo cos im 4.3e
i dont have a SD>usb converter so is that all i can do for now?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
and only if you have pre registered or registered on the friday night! the final emergency registrations are 9-10am on saturday

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm missing school and an assessment task for this and I ain't looking back! >:D

See you peeps tomorrow, I'm actually really excited to meet you all! *waves*

I'll probably be up for friendlies when I get there which should be mid evening or so. ^_^

Bu$

HoC
anyone who can go down to slhq to help transport stuff (we need manpower to pack tvs and shizz) should arrive there by 3pm. expect us at the venue about an hour later.

also, everyone bring setups please!
So we get to SLHQ at 3pm today to help move stuff? That includes a lift to the venue right?

Attila_

BRoomer
it would be appreciated if we could get a little manpower.

not sure if lifts are included; that depends on how many people drive lol

Top Bottom