• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair vertical momentum cancel

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
After testing with a custom stage utilising multiple platforms at different heights very close together I'm fairly confident of this. Bair cancels some vertical momentum and can be used to cause fullhop to land earlier than it usually does.

The earlier in your jump that bair is initiated, the lower the fullhop height will be.

This can be used to land on platforms quicker than a regular fullhop, but without side-by-side video testing I can't be certain of whether the landing lag created by using bair is worth the frames saved by landing earlier from (for example) a fullhop onto a platform on battlefield.

Still a property of the move that's worth fully understanding. Possibly even has utility vs vertical knockback but will require extensive testing and I'm unsure of a reliable format to go about it.

Last edited:

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Yeah Bair is pretty useful, I feel like no other move in smash 4 works remotely in this way.

Top Bottom