• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bailey Presents: "Brawl Sucks!" - Nanuet, NY - Mar 22, 08

Bailey

Smash Hero
Well the last one was fun but not a lot of people showed up so I hope this one will get more people after they all realize Brawl will suck. Ok that outta the way here are the details

THIS IS A MELEE TOURNAMENT!!!!!! BRAWL IS SIDE TOURNAMENT

Date:
Saturday, March 22nd 2008

Address:
ToyWiz
253 West Route 59
Nanuet NY 10954

GOOGLE MAPS FOR LAZY BUMS and BUM

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...722,-74.01329&spn=0.028589,0.058365&z=14&om=1
ALSO MAPQUEST
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...+Route+59&city=Nanuet+&state=NY&zipcode=10954

Time Schedule:

Registration will start at: 11:30 AM
Registration will end at: 12:30 PM
Pools will begin at: 1:00 PM
Doubles will begin at: 2:30 PM (or earlier depending on pools' length)
After Doubles and hour break will happen.
Singles will start at: 5:00 PM

Prices:
Venue Fee: $10
Singles Fee: $15
Doubles: $20 ($10 per teammate)

Prize Payouts:

SINGLES:
1st: 60% (As well as the coveted title belt for the tournaments I am the current holder so it isn't hard to win it.)
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

DOUBLES:
1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

Rules:
SINGLES:

The bracket will be double elimanation 32 man bracket which is seeded by pools.

All matches will be best of 3. Semi-Finals will be best of 5. Winner's Final's, Loser's Final's and Grand Final's will be best of 7.

Stage Selection:

- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set. Random select stages cannot be knocked out.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- After each match, the loser of the match can counterpick with a legal stage or elect to go random before characters are chosen.
- All players have one reset per set. Resets may only be used on randomly selected stages during the first five seconds of play. The stage cannot be played again when randomly selected, but is still available for counterpicking.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at any time during any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.
- Characters may not be changed after a reset is called. Once characters are chosen, the decision is in effect until the end of the match.

DOUBLES:

The doubles bracket will be randomly seated with seprations of crews.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Stage Listing

Singles

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for singles:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City
- Green Greens

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Doubles:

The following stages are available for random select for teams:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for teams:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Great Bay

The following stages are banned from teams:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Fountain of Dreams
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Mute City
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Other Rules:

Wobbling is banned. Period. The tournament staff will be the sole judges of such actions. Wobbling will result in immediate and total disqualification.

As you can guess, modded controllers are not allowed. Third-party controllers are allowed, but you cannot use their programmable functions. Disqualification will follow if discovered.

Of course, you cannot use glitches or stalling to either disable your opponent or indefinately suspend match play. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture or tournament disqualification.

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Coaching is allowed between matches, but no mid-match instruction may occur. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, but coaches can be silenced at the request of any player currently engaged in a set.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

Please bring your own controller. Please.

RULES CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME

I want enough set ups this time no 4 tv bull**** anymore. I am going to have at least 5 TVs there I need more though I want 10 set ups and also I want enough Gamecubes.

Post if you can bring anything there like Gamecubes, TVs, Power Strips, Smash Disc, Wii's. ANYTHING WE NEED IT!!!!1

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, i think it'd be cooler if this were a a melee tournament with a brawl tourney on the side, if so i'd be down. xD

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
i agree with ky....i wont be leaving my dorm room for awhile....maybe ill b playing ky at the time of the tourney!!! ok im done being a jerk....reject is student teaching on long island and bino was like im not doing anymore bailey tourneys...so idk how i would get there unless i use my incredible manipulitive skills on bino...oh wait wont adi have a license?

well im enjoying myself in florida right now in 60 degree weather....enjoy the snow *****es

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bailey its March 9th, not March 22nd

I don't think ill be attending any tourney's regardless of where they are located, my main goal to work so i can pay off all bills and get out of the debt im in by Spring-Summer, so i highly doubt im going to go to any tourney's at all unless they are really close to my house and i mean like 30mins tops

The Bino

Smash Lord
Bailey if your hoping ppl will bring their Wii's and Brawl to the event i would highly suggest not depending on that, i mean the Wii is really hard to get, Brawl will be difficult to get, some little greedy b@stard might attempt to steal someone's Wii or Brawl if they don't have one yet... trust me desperate ppl will do what it takes to get their hands on a Wii nowadays

Bailey

Smash Hero
I honestly want to have this a Melee only tournament but if people bring enough set ups to the event and Brawl copies then I will have no problems with a Brawl Side Tournament.

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah I should be able to drive you guys, March 9th = 17th birthday and no driving restrictions b/c of senior license.

Lean

Smash Journeyman
hol tha phone......3 years laterrrrr stepped out t
iight word i should be able to enter this one finally..... i actually wont be working the tournament so ill be able to play in it lolz..... and ill have a full set-up 2..... but like bino said, im not bringing my wii or brawl (if i get it) to this or any tourny...... lolz those things aint leaving my house...... and bailey yo call me 2marow sumtime cuz i gotta ask u sum stuff.....

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea so yesterday I gave Lean some flyers to hand out at RCC. Because basically everyone there thinks that Storms is the best in the world and are all **** noobs so hopefully they all come lol.

MM anyone?

Top Bottom