• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Backfire. Just how random is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DmarzXC

Smash Rookie
I was just now having a little fun on training mode, throwing around 3 cpu luigis. I noticed that almost the cpus used their luigi missile at the same time, if one got a backfire the other would too.

Note: I'm not saying you get it more often if another luigi is using it at the same time. I'm saying that perhaps it is during set durations in the match or some other not so random thing. It's most likely a coincidence but if anyone would like to go test it out at get back to me I'd love to hear your thoughts.

An easy way I found to test it was to move all 3 luigis to the end of FD and forward throw 1 with fox. It knocks all of them off and they move as one freaky miscolored luigi.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
...There's a thread for stuff like this...I think...

IF...IF what you're saying is true, then it's not out of the ordinary. It just means that the seed for the randomness of luigi's misfire is taken from the gameclock or the match clock(or something else time related). Most computer applications do this.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I only use Luigi rocket to come back on to the platform. I don't use it for a general attack. As a noob, the backfire would get me into big trouble cause I killed myself on short stages such as Flatzone.

Elen

Smash Lord
The chance of a misfire is exactly 1 out of 8 (around 12%). I doubt this random factor is taken from the gameclock, but it is possible. Someone should look into this with AR, although it's probably just coincidence.

Topide

Smash Cadet
I'm new here but I'm guessing this question has been asked a lot -_-..
I think it is random as can be ^.^..

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, maybe the mathclock thing its truth, but maybe its just coincidence, but why people ask this so much, its just random thing, so just play..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom