• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Likewise :)
They play Puff and Zelda. With an IC on top of that (and at least one good fox), I think I'll ditch Kirby altogether =/ oh well, I was planning to do that anyway.

Omega.

Smash Rookie
Looking forward to Play him :)

He Plays jigz right ?

:phone:
Wow Ice I'm honored!

Looking forward to play you too :D

lol@ the "trolling" about my pool, seems a bit hard anyway imo, but i'm cool with that 8)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Singles Pools 1.0.1 is up.

Next update (1.1) will come on saturday, keep bumping with people that arent or the list and simular! The more we get done before the tournament, the less me and Ani has to do at the venue :)

And ofc, do note that any changes might still happen to the pools, but we are trying to keep them as similar to this as possible, and we are still not taking any feedback on balance issues. You guys are assuming all too much :)

Love,
Lolex <3

Tekk

Smash Lord
Pool 2:
Fauster
Jonas
Ketsu
leffen
Oscxar
Potato Chips
ROFLCOPTER
Tekk
Tenebron

Fauster and I live in the same area and play with each other on a regular basis (like twice a week at least)
Not to mention that with him, Tenebron and I, we're 3 french players in the same pool.
Could it be possible for you to move me in pool 16 again ? I fit perfectly in that one ! :(

porc

Smash Journeyman
no
personnaly my only reflection towards this character is "uh? it fights so weird" and then i give up : )

Tomber

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, a lot of people seem to do that.

IC dittos? Meh, don't really know how they should be played either. It's like playing Ice Climbers without being allowed to grab the major part of the match. Way to ruin the fun.

@Hack: We can play a Kirby ditto if you want. :D Should be fun

Mahie

Smash Lord
Pool 4:
AvengerAngel
CXV
EK
IVP
Mahie
Paju
Stelzig
raxomukus

May I enquire who the 3rd seed is in here? It's pretty obvious that IVP is top seed and EK is 2nd seed, but what about the rest?

mayhem

Smash Cadet
I would guess Paju.

My own pool will be intresting as I only know Aniolas :D Looking forward to get a rematch from last time and now I actually know what to do against sheik and not just spam nair shine with fox :p

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Pool 4:
AvengerAngel
CXV
EK
IVP
Mahie
Paju
Stelzig
raxomukus

May I enquire who the 3rd seed is in here? It's pretty obvious that IVP is top seed and EK is 2nd seed, but what about the rest?
Wait...EK...what?!

Hack

Smash Journeyman
@Hack: We can play a Kirby ditto if you want. :D Should be fun
I'd love that :D I have a deeply rooted hate for ICs (not so different from Armadas Puff-hate), so I usually try to massacre/outgay ICs I face with all my might (nothing personal, it's just that I couldn't deal with the grabgame before and always got wobbled/chaingrabbed, which suc ked ;) ). Kirby dittos rock!

My take on the IC-ditto: the one who spams dsmash the most/best wins. Seriously.

leffen

Smash Champion
man so many pools are ****ed up, the difference is ***** huge between em.
esp calle W's pool, hardest one by faaaaar lol.

OverLord

Smash Ace
I thought about that too, and Calles pool really seems a tad bit hard.

Wait a sec.

CW, JD and Timi I assume are the first three seeds.
The others (including me) I think are supposed to play for the fourth place (at least in theory).

Out of CalleW not liking dittos, what's actually wrong with the pool..? :O

I'm just curious, I don't see this pool as bad as you seem to.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Thread said:
As for balance, your complaints are wasted.
:awesome:

I don't really understand seeds in pool 5 and 14 though, but this isn't a complaint, I don't know well all those players.

My pool looks pretty challenging and I'm looking forward to it :colorful:

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah since some pools have more players now we need to change.

CWs pool and pool 7 looks like the hardest ones and should not be like that.
Pool 7 was already one of the hardest ones before Doraki was included so that needs to change.

Dax: Pool 5 (my pool) is the easiest pool so that pool need to change (puting someone from CWs/pool 7 into this one?.

Pool 14 is actually correct and should not change I think

Oskar

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, those pools do look pretty imbalanced in terms of skill distribution.

Like...a bunch of them have 3+ people whom I recognize from personal experience and/or videos as being really solid players, while in others I'm honestly not sure who the seeded players are supposed to be =/ Oh well

On an unrelated note, do they still sell some variety of Julmust/Påskmust this time of the year??? I'm crazy about that stuff!

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Easy people.

We made pools which were pretty good. Later we realized that several people which will attend hadn't confirmed, there for not signed up for singles.

Lolex put some in just randomly so he won't forget them. That's why some are a bit imbalanced. We have already got information that some 1st seed won't make it, so a couple of pools will be a lot easier.

The changes won't be made until saturday though.

OverLord

Smash Ace
Wait a sec.

CW, JD and Timi I assume are the first three seeds.
The others (including me) I think are supposed to play for the fourth place (at least in theory).

Out of CalleW not liking dittos, what's actually wrong with the pool..? :O

I'm just curious, I don't see this pool as bad as you seem to.
Ok I made some research and I understand why pool 6 in a hard pool. My bad.

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Anyone GOOD missing a team partner? i may ditch this tourney if i dont find someone good to team with so please tell me quick cause buss prizes are going up as fast as an erection

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
As I said, it's was a hotfix, it will hopefully be more stable on Saturday :)
I dont get the attitude where you have to whine about balance anyway. As my idol James Harding once said:
James Harding said:
and you should turn up to the tournament with an attitude that you have to beat everyone to win! and ofc have fun :D WIN!...I mean fun
Edited for the real quote <3

OverLord

Smash Ace
I dont get the attitude where you have to whine about balance anyway. As my idol James Harding once said: "You should go in the tournament to win, and then you have to beat everyone." :)

Nothing truer has ever been spoken.

Mahie

Smash Lord
I dont get the attitude where you have to whine about balance anyway. As my idol James Harding once said: "You should go in the tournament to win, and then you have to beat everyone." :)

That's true, but for the sake of entertainment and to have proper results it has to have proper seeding. Otherwise, you could just put one pool with Armada/CalleW/Amsah/Zgetto etc if seeding didn't matter.

That being said, you did a great job so far. Looking forward to what you'll post on saturday. :)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah obviously, but there's no need qqing too much about it :D
Also, random seeding can be fun too, just ask the people who attended the Swedish tournament Sweetspot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom