• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelzig

Smash Lord
hmm, I was in pool with ek at the first BEAST as well - would appreciate if I (or he) could be placed somewhere else, heh.

Awesome to see pools up though :)

Edit: Actually I am starting to kinda like that pool other than that so please don't move me around, haha ^x^

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Noticed that some players, which has not confirmed on smashboards but will attend, has not been put in a pool. We will fix that, so a couple of minor changes might happen. I guess some people will flake and not show up, so the pools are not carved in stone.

Please tell if you see somebody that isn't in a pool but should, and also if you see someone in a pool but you know that he won't show up.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Tomber is not in a pool although he is registered.
This^

We even confirmed him twice, lol.

Nice to see pools, I've been waiting for them for a while! Hyyype.

BeLia

Smash Rookie
I am in the same pool of my team mate, so if it's possible to change it it would be nice, but if it's not well, i'll deal with it I suppose.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I will probably not attend (Mostly a money issue) but I'm not completely sure as of yet. I will let you know when I know.

/:

EDIT: I will really try to make it, smash is amazing and I so need to play this game asap

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
Yo fuzzy u wanna team for this? if u wanna team give me a day to confirm!

edit: we are planning on going to a club/pub (the ****, same ****) the 10th, cause apparently we cant do **** under the tourney days, so ppl that arrive the 10 get ready to meet swedish gals and drink ur brains out!!!

WIDL

We Are Born
I think Smel (NO) is attending too. Not entirely certain, but I believe he will be there.

edit: Smel is coming, so you must add him to pools :D

OverLord

Smash Ace
Pool 6:
Calle W
Chansey NES
Joanna Dark
Lamp
Mole Crusher
Overlord
RPG
Timi
Ying

Such a nice pool, looking forward to play CalleW :)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Just bumping in to say that the hotfix-patch 1.0.1 will be up tonight for pools. It's like 150 people, we're bound to make misstakes :)
We will try to avoid major changes in the pools tho and I will post patch 2.0 when we start the tournament for future references.

Luma

Smash Lord
why is timi in the same pool as JD and Calle? is he seeded at all? you should maybe check his pool results from beast1 and give him a better seed...

WIDL

We Are Born
Nah, I'm pretty sure Zgetto knows his stuff :bee:
I meant everyone but Zgetto. ;) He's too good. Sowweh bro.

But yeah. His pool looks pretty hard. I'm not too upset with my pool, even though I have no idea who Ludde, Lukahn or Navn is, the other names are at least familiar to me. :)
I hope to at least make it to pool 2, bracket would be a huge bonus, but I don't expect to make it that far. I wanna play as much as possible though.

edit. oh, and Demonique has become one of my ulimate rivals (though I have yet to lose :D), so this will be fun!

OverLord

Smash Ace

But yeah. His pool looks pretty hard. I'm not too upset with my pool, even though I have no idea who Ludde, Lukahn or Navn is, the other names are at least familiar to me. :)
I hope to at least make it to pool 2, bracket would be a huge bonus, but I don't expect to make it that far. I wanna play as much as possible though.

edit. oh, and Demonique has become one of my ulimate rivals (though I have yet to lose :D), so this will be fun!
Navn is best in Denmark.

porc

Smash Journeyman
whut you dont like falcos ?

falco dittos got to be the best matchup in this game :(

i envy your pool

Slhoka

Smash Lord

No I meant Zgetto knows his stuff well enough to say that Gamba and me are the actual 2nd and 3rd seeds :D

EK

Smash Journeyman
Why is 5 people making it in Round 1, would it not bet better if it was.

top 4 = 64 players
8 groups in round 2, 8 players in each and 4 make it to bracket 32

now its top 5 and that makes it 80 people, and 10 in each group for the harder pools and now 4 players make it.

What i mean is that why add more players and less advance, makes no sense, i feel that group play 1 just takes up time now when more than 50% makes it

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
We do this to make it a more fun tournament. Yes, it would be more effective if we'd let 4 people move on to g2, but then it would most likely just be the 4 seeded people moving on. Adding a fifth slot gives more inexperienced players a bigger chanse to move on and get more games.

:phone:

Aniolas

Smash Ace
What Lolex said. Many people travel far, and we want to give them more matches and something to fight for.

We haven't completely decided about how to make 2nd round of pools, we got some ideas we're discussing.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
why is timi in the same pool as JD and Calle? is he seeded at all? you should maybe check his pool results from beast1 and give him a better seed...
So you mean he should be 2nd seed? Afaik, he didn't make it to brackets at BEAST, so that would just be unreasonable.
Many of these pools are really hard, but since top 5 advance, it shouldn't be a problem =)

Pool 10:
Däumling
Hack
Kurenai
Mazor
porc
Ryuker
Taka92
Q

Däumling, Kurenai and Mazor... guess I have to play really gay in this pool, haha. Really don't like facing any of your characters :p
Don't know about Taka92, but the rest of you seem to be normal people though! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom