• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-air to Bouncing Fish confirmation %

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I will be listing the percentages at which B-air Bouncing Fish will combo alongside other information. This data was collected from training mode, DI and Rage are not taken into factor. The percentages that will be provided are achieved only if the combo meter hits 2 when the BF is connected after B-air. I have spent at least 30 minutes worth of testing per character in an attempt to be as accurate as possible, 35+ hours was put into this by far. Testing it with DI would take around triple that time and I'm unable to find a person who's willing to aid me in that search, B-air>BF with DI will be tested much later on in order to achieve a true combo list for this BF confirmation.

As for numbers, multiples of 5 were used for simplicity's case (ex: 5-10-15-20-25 and so on). Percentages that are 1% off the multiple of 5 will be rounded to that multiple, for example, if B-air BF initally works on Ike at 61%, it will be rounded to 60%. If it exceeds 1%, it will be ignored and the next multiple will be tested out.

[collapse="B-air information"]The strong hit of B-air was tested, not the weak hit nor the sweetspot (Foot). This highlighted area of the Back air was tested in particular:

At the latest percentages of this combo, it is needed to use the very end of B-air's hitbox area (The farthest away from the Foot [aka beginning of the upper Thigh]) to ensure that Bouncing Fish will combo afterwards at, this is applied for most characters, not all. Usually landing B-air (upper thigh area) to buffered Turnaround Bouncing Fish will ensure and guarantee the latest percentages of Bair>BF confirmation for every character.[/collapse]

B-air to Bouncing Fish percentage table

[collapse="B-air to Bouncing Fish initial percentage chart"]

40% - :4jigglypuff:

45% - :4mewtwo::4kirby::4gaw:

50% - :4peach::rosalina::4dk::4diddy::4metaknight::4zelda::4palutena::4duckhunt::4falcon::4pikachu::4ness::4rob::4wiifit::4olimar::4villager::4sonic::4lucas:

55% - :4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4wario::4sheik::4littlemac::4zss::4samus::4pit::4tlink::4marth::4lucina::4robinm::4dedede::4falco::4fox::4drmario::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4darkpit::4pacman::4megaman::4feroy::4ryu:

60% - :4bowser::4myfriends::4shulk::4link::4ganondorf::4mii:[/collapse]

[collapse="B-air to Bouncing Fish final percentage chart"]

85% - :4jigglypuff:

90% - :rosalina::4kirby::4gaw::4olimar:

95% - :4peach::4mewtwo:

100% - :4luigi::4diddy::4zelda::4littlemac::4zss::4tlink::4sheik::4metaknight::4pikachu::4ness::4lucas::4villager::4pacman:

105% - :4mario::4duckhunt::4palutena::4marth::4lucina::4fox::4falco::4wiifit::4sonic::4drmario:

110% - :4yoshi::4link::4samus::4pit::4darkpit::4lucario::4robinm::4greninja::4shulk::4mii:

115% - :4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4wario::4myfriends::4megaman::4feroy::4ryu:

120% - :4charizard::4falcon::4rob:

125% - :4bowser::4dk:

130% - :4dedede:[/collapse]

Important:
  • Note that it is important to execute the B-air>Bouncing fish correctly, the execution isn't the same across all scenarios. For example, connecting B-air>Bouncing Fish to some characters initially will require the Turnaround Bouncing Fish to be near-perfectly buffered in order for it to combo, same goes for the final percentages.
  • The Bouncing Fish used in this table is not jump or dash buffered. This confirmation only includes B-air to Turnaround Bouncing Fish, nothing more, nothing less.

• Sweetspot B-air to Bouncing Fish makes this confirmation combo earlier (roughly 1%-5%) and also makes this confirmation end earlier. This varies between characters and may not apply to some characters.
  • B-air to Jump buffered Bouncing Fish helps connect if your opponent is directly above you after a regular B-air>BF, buffering that jump before the Bouncing Fish will make it combo. For example: B-air>BF will stop working on Rosalina at around 94%, however, if you buffer a jump before the BF, it will connect up to 97+% (Rosalina pops right above your regular Bouncing Fish's position after your B-air her around 94%+) ~ Covering Vertical distance

• B-air to Dash buffered Bouncing Fish also increases this combo's viability at higher percentages. After the B-air connects, Dash towards your opponent and immediately Bouncing Fish. If your regular Bouncing Fish barely whiffs your opponent from aside, buffering it from a dash will make it connect ~ Covering Horizontal distance

• Optimal: You can also B-air, immediately Dash towards your opponent, then buffer a Bouncing Fish from a jump. This highly enhances B-air>BF's potency as a killing setup because you can increase the final % this combo works if done correctly. For example, after B-airing Jigglypuff at 88%, Bouncing Fish will fail to connect. Dash buffering a Bouncing Fish will increase it for 1-2%, Jump buffering a Bouncing Fish will increase that % for 3-4%. But, Dash then Jump buffering a Bouncing Fish will allow this confirmation to work up until 93%-94% (5%-6% more). Knowing B-air's Hitstun for this is highly optimal because you can Dash a longer distance before using a JBBF or a regular BF and possibly connecting it at even higher percentages. ~Covering Vertical & Horizontal distance

Any questions or general information about B-air to Bouncing Fish should be discussed in this thread, thanks for reading.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
What the hell, this was fast. Have you eaten or slept since you initially said you were gonna do this?

Regardless, great work. That's one more thing to check off on the to-do list. Moose will probably add this to the Sheikah library soon.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Haha thanks! Spent 20 hours on Monday collecting data, and 22 hours on Tuesday to triple check the data and create this thread, basically had to pull 2 all-nighters off :chuckle:

University is starting in a couple of days, my free time will perish during the course, had to go fiend-mode with this and finish it asap.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
University is starting in a couple of days, my free time will perish during the course
I know that struggle exactly.
Good that you didn't leave the testing hanging.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
What the hell, this was fast. Have you eaten or slept since you initially said you were gonna do this?

Regardless, great work. That's one more thing to check off on the to-do list. Moose will probably add this to the Sheikah library soon.
Yes, he will! He's on it as this message is being typed...

R0XAS

Smash Rookie
what would be reliable setups to get this working (pseudo combos and so on)? so roughly ledgetrump, bair to bf is a true combo roughly around 55-100%?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
what would be reliable setups to get this working (pseudo combos and so on)? so roughly ledgetrump, bair to bf is a true combo roughly around 55-100%?
no, it's only true when you do landing bair.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
As ArikadoSD ArikadoSD said (man it felt weird righting kayran and not ArikadoX...) the setup you specified does not work with the percentages for this combo. A way to do it would maybe be Fullhop Weak Bair > Landing Bair > BF.

no, it's only true when you do landing bair.
I don't think that's true (hehe). For the percentages shown yes, but I'm assuming that rising bair also works to combo into BF, just like fair. So really those are two different combos.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I don't think that's true (hehe). For the percentages shown yes, but I'm assuming that rising bair also works to combo into BF, just like fair. So really those are two different combos.
idk, the overall FAF on Bair is higher than Fair meaning if you just judge by the frame data alone it's tougher to combo considering how fair to bf in the air barely combos anyway. If you take into account other factors (hitstun, bkb, kbg, what have you) then it's probably a whole different story.

Judging by personal experience and the frame data i'd say it's unlikely to combo, but that's just experience. raw data >

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Show me your numbers.
The only numbers I can quote would be the same as Kayrans, I've never really gotten this to combo and the fact that rising bair will have 4 extra recovery frames compared to rising fair and its angle it sends you isnt the best for a BF confirmation when you're rising up.

Even if it was possible to true combo the situations where this can occur are probably rare but its a very good string regardless.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
The only numbers I can quote would be the same as Kayrans, I've never really gotten this to combo and the fact that rising bair will have 4 extra recovery frames compared to rising fair and its angle it sends you isnt the best for a BF confirmation when you're rising up.

Even if it was possible to true combo the situations where this can occur are probably rare but its a very good string regardless.
Just did some quick testing myself and you and ArikadoSD ArikadoSD are right. The BF catches their jump, but isn't true :]

Top Bottom