• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest AZOne: BIG$MONEY$TOURNAMENT Jan. 6th.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I know that Taj and Wobbles tied for 1st. Idk any more pst that tho. :x

edit: looks like Sean beat me to it. Yea, click that link.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey guys this was a awesome tourney, got to see some new faces and play against some good competition. and sean thx so very much for throwing this tourney and thx for some of those sheik tips over at goops place and saying i had a good sheik gives me hope.

some shout-outs here

Shane(Knightmare) - was great to see u again you havent changed at all, still cool as ever and some fun games with u, your fox always seems to beat me for some reason.

Omar(BloodoftheFallen) - you really surprised me when you greeted me and my brother and shook hands with us, lol u seemed like a different person. your still my idol with sheik, i was taking some more notes there watching u play, catch u later whenever i see u again.

mel - lol you and tim are starting to act so alike with each other its scary

tim - lol i still dont want to know what the present u wanted to give me, and sorry for my bro getting that time win against u wasnt sure if u were mad about that.

to my friend eric and the banditos - sorry for some of your pools they were pretty hard and its too bad you couldnt get into the brackets it was nice to play with you guys and see u again, train hard for next big competetion u guys are awesome.

Zenith - very close matches with u, got my heart stopping on that 2nd match when u almost had me, good games with u and hope to see u again

B-will - got in a few good games during pools, i thought i had u a couple times against your falco but i knew u were taking it easy on me on that last stock but i still tried, good to talk with u some, till next time

see u all again guys, i'll be training hard with my sheik and getting better hopefully

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
B-Will- I can't get enough of playing you man, till next time.

Dave- Hangin out with you was sweet, I'll try to go to that convention at the end of January.

Sean- Thanks for playing with me, housing me, making this possible, and thanks for the burrito.

Light- Your crazy good dude.

Robby- Your awesome, we must chill some other time.

Casey? (don't know how to spell it)- Nice mic abuse

Edreese- Fun matches, you were a nice guy.

The Sex train Banditos- G-mo: much love, Vato: go Falco, the rest of you: your funny peeps.

Wobbles- is flexible

Taj- took my money

:) till next time everybody

EDIT: Can't forget Dan, need to make sure you get as many shout outs as possible for doin all the shizz you do.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I'll work on shoutouts for everyone later, but for now MR. DOC BUTTONS, FORWARD, AND MIKE STONE get the BIGGEST thank you for hosting the tournament ever. :)

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Sean- Thanks for hosting such an awesome tourney, it was a lot of fun.

Super Saiyan Shane
- Haha, good stuff on the friendlies, it was nice to see you again, hope you had a good time despite just watching everyone. You better vs me on Brawl. :)

Tim- Sorry about our last match with the time running out, I hope your not mad. :(

Mel- Fun friendlies with you, your scary in teams; lol yelling at Dan.

STBs- Sorry some of you got screwed in tough pools, good job on teams though Omar and G-Mo.

Dan- Awesome job getting all the matches recorded, I hate to think of all the editing you'll have to do.

Butters- Good job beating B-Will, your too good.

Brandon- Your very disturbing... lol

Hugs- Dam your Samus is good, it was fun fighting you in the tourney, that second battle was truely a battle of patience.

Omar- Too good shiek, sorry you got mad at some of the people yelling during the match.

Taj Good job winning another tourney.

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Forward - Wow lol, close match between us, thanks for the housing, you ****.

Dan - Thanks for letting me use your controller while I couldn't find mine, your an awesome dude.

Azeem - Too fun playing you, we played aton of matches and they were all a blast.

Casey - thanks for finding my controller, i owe you one, lol @ mic abuse.

Taj - Grats on 1st place, even though you hate my horde-ness.

Bwill - Super close MM man. Gotta play you more

Wobbles - You are like the happiest dude there, it is just awesome. <3 teh I.C.

Brandon - right? Nice marth, lol @ Light ****.

Tim - Our match was too close, it's always hard fightin jiggs but rockon! Woot for troll mage!

Rofl - Your Luigi is the ****, come to more AZ tournies =D

Think thats it...

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
i'm the asian guy with the camcorder

-----------

Butters - see ya at the con : ) http://www.phoenixcomicon.com

Mel - asians for the win

Omar - thank you for answering correctly during the interview.. AZ is definitely much awesomer than CA. we're both allowed to say this, since we both come from CA and now live here in AZ. although your opinion has a bit more validity since you're actually awesome at melee ^^;;

HugS - you definitely put me on the spot on trying to decide your team name, and I'm glad I didn't give an answer- "How about a tasty treat?" is a top tier name - btw you did not answer correctly during the interview, Omar will have to talk to you about that~ !! : p

Gabe - very awesome yoshi. inspirational, even! shoot, almost makes me wanna learn Yoshi. but he's so... bad! I don't have your magic touch : p

Goop - LATINA PEACH - sir I must say that when I play peach for serious I will also be using latina peach because no White girl can match latina peach's back aerial

Light - don't let the haters get to you! I support you, man! keep playing Peach like how she's meant to be played!

Edreess - Man, I'm gonna be studying your videos the most. I thought you were gone at loser's finals, but at 0-2.. you brought it up to 2-2. some people may have thought your use of platforms and floating was 'cheap' since you wanted to avoid being grabbed.. but I thought it was smart. good stuff, man.

Wobbles - Dude. freakin' awesome, man. you've got the skill, and you've got the mindset. you're a super nice guy, but you don't let anyone walk on you when it's gametime. whenever I think of the Ice Climbers, it's Wobbles that comes to mind! around wobbles~ DONT GET THROWN or you get teh WOBBLED - o and teach me how to brekdnce somday k thx l8r

Jeff and Brian - you guys are good! keep in touch with the nearest smashers and keep going to tournaments : )

Casey's Rear End - gives Omar the best facial expressions

Taj - Too good at hot hands. And too good at Mewtwo. and "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED"... too good. and this isn't the time and place to be saying this- but I won that duel in Goldshire and you know it

Forward - for running a very awesome tournament. the place was very spacious and there were plenty of T.Vs. tournament hosts don't get enough credit.. until they've run their own. And yes, I've run super ameteur 8-man Naruto tournaments in Santa Cruz... and just organizing small stuff like that was a headache. and as for your playing, you are one of the most calm players I've ever seen. a smash player that can keep his composure is a good one, and that's why you're among the best of the U.S. and thanks for housing on friday night. MUCH appreciated.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
This was my first large tournament and I had a blast. I'm sad I had to leave earlier than I wanted.

Ben- I hadn't seen you in forever. Fun Friendlies and all. Your hair is getting crazy long though lol.

Taj- Our Gatorade match was fun. The Gatorade helped you win it all I know it ^_^.

Dark- Our matches were fun as always. I almost had you in our bracket match in that second game.

Dan- Great job getting everything recorded. I liked your shirt.

Mel- High Five!

Same- You ran our pool great ^_^.

Mailorder- You are hilarious.

Person who spilled my soda- I forget who you were but thanks for cleaning it all up. You owe me a Mountain Dew =)

B-Will- It was fun playing you in pools. Congrats on beating Taj and Forward in 2v2, you were totally clutch.

Light- Your Peach is so good. That second match vs. Hugs was intense.

Cali players- You were really good. Come to AZ more often.

Trevyn- I hope you like your new controller.

Hanki, Taj, Ben, and others who wanted controllers painted talk to me via PM.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
This was My very first tournment and I must say it was A lot of fun, Meeting new ppl is always good times.

SWEET HERE COMES THE SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!

Hanki-Dam I was Impressed With the Young Link Man, gj on beating forward 1 game :D keep up the good work dude. I didnt get to play u in friendlies but hopefully i get too next time

BUTTERS-HAHA dude we had some good times yo, it was really great playing u a lot friendlies it was too good, u made me laugh way too much in friendlies , I still wish u coulda saw B-Will Fall though at 4:30 am lol :D, But yea dude we definately have to chill somtime yo :D.

Rob/Wobbles-Dude it was too good playing u in friendlies, ur still too good rob, was really fun to play with u and hang out some in phoenix. Keep up the Goodjob Bro, Congrats on the TV tony got you :D.

Taj/Tony/T-Money- Finally i got to meet u for once, thx for the friendlies tony, ur great guy to hang out with, and your marth/mewtwo is just too good TAJ=TOO GOOD. Congrats on your singles victory and doubles :D.

Sean/Forward-Hey Thx again for setting up the tourney, i didnt really play much cause u were busy but hey theres always next time :D, Good job in singles sean, your still too good and keep up the good work man.

Bwill-HAHAAHA Bryan dude it was great going to this tourney dude, even though u fell at 4 am down a ditch hehehe, that was pricless to see. But ur falco never seems to amaze me as usual, good job in teams, B-wobble pulled threw heh :D. Also U did good in singles except ya know butter had to ruin your streak

Sesh- I didnt get to really talk to u much, i know u had to work on Azone , hopefully next time we can play some friendlies, but it was nice to meet u finally as well.

Brad-Hahaha i knew u couldn't stay away from a good tourney man, goodjob in singles :D good to see also.

Tim/Demised-DUDE i cant believe we got 5th in teams, LIKE I HAD NOOOOO SLEEP, and your PUFF IS JUST TOO GOOD :D, it was a blast hanging with u tim, u never seem to amaze me sometimes :D, CHUCKIE'S 2FAT=too goofy :D, Oh by the way ur gf/friend is funny too, nice to meet her as well.

Light-Dam light your peach was too good, my fox had a lot troubles with it, but i got a few punches in , good to play with u man, ur def a prodigy for smash, and congrats for the peach crown.

Brandon/Sean's Roomate-DUDE lol it was nice to play u in singles, good marth man. BTW I HATE UR ROOM, You must of fell asleep with the TV on and ur DVD running and we heard this annoying song over and over and over and over, me and bwill couldnt sleep lol cuz of it :D

Ferm-Thx for the Ride back to Tucson dude, Really appreciate it, Also good job in singles yo.

Coty/SouthPaw-hahahah Dude coty driving up to phoenix was too good, you slurping down ur Tahono Burrito too fast and eating hot sauce=JACK U THE HELL UP. But yea dude good to hang out with u finally again, nice matches in singles even though ur falco plays just like chuckies heh, next time we have to do friendlies. Thx for the ride to phoenix too.

Omar-Dam omar the legends were true heh, ur shiek is too good, didnt get to play u friendlies, but maybe next time bro, keep up the good work and congrats in singles and doubles.

HUGS- WoW, just WoW i was scared ****LESS playing u in singles, like i was like wtf im playing hugs what do i do lolz, oh well thx for the match dude, ur samus is truly too good. Nice to meet you as well and your crew

Edreese-Hahah edreese good **** man, we gotta money match next time, except my 4 stocks to ur 1 stock on yoshi story and im fox and your peach, hows that sound heh. Anyways ur peach is too good, its aggresive WTF? lol but yea gj in singles man and doubles u and azeem are too good. Thx for the friendlies dude.

Azeem-Well dude i didnt really get to play any friendlies but i did play u in teams with demised, and dam u have a scary *** samus just like hugs , but gj in doubles bro, keep it up and ull just be nasty as hugs :D. DEEP SOCAL is too good .

Gabe- Dam dude nice friendlies it was a lot fun, your yoshi is too good heh, gj in singles man, thx for coming out and making the tournment interesting dude.

Trevyn/Zarelid- Lol of course i dont have to say much for u trevyn, except at least u entered in singles and next time dont sandbagg most of ur matches lol, but gj in singles dude, ur marth im telling u is too good.

Goop- Nice to meet u finally, sry we didnt really play or talk much dude.

Gojiira- Lol good to meet u man

Mike Stone- I dunno if u have a smash account, but nice job on the annoucing haha, even though i jack your mic a few times :D

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
i have to say i was abit overwhelmed walking in at first, then everything just kinda fell into place...met some people, played some matches, it was a great experience for my first tournament.

forward- thx for putting this on. it was kinda scary that you were the first person i had to play in pools lol. it was cool when you had remembered where i was from though. i hope my falco is as good as yours someday.

maxxpowers - glad to finally meet you, we had some pretty fun friendlies, like i said i'll def hit you up when im in the area again. see you soon hopefully.

tim/demised - we had some fun friendlies, thx for sharing your johnny 5 story. he truly inspired me to be all i can be... (i was the guy who was playing pikachu and started to tell me about your history with pikachu)

james and...filipe?? - i didn't get your nicknames or even asked if you were on the boards but im assuming you are. but you guys were super nice, maybe sometime when im in tucson i'll get in touch with you guys hopefully

person who barfed in bathroom sink - shame on you...that was gross

last but not least, to the guy who was talking to me while i was taking a dump...idk who you are but, thx for being there for me when i needed someone the most.

thx alot to everybody who i met and played and even ppl who i dind't play. hopefully i can make it to more things like this and get better

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
haha button thats hilarious, i was hoping that person would come out and say who it was. well now i know, anyways thx again. and i dont believe it was that smelly either man

Top Bottom