• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
:bee:
I also invited another fraternity alumni that I met during my statics review. He said his entire house plays N64 a lot, so they might show up. Honestly I should just go up to all the fraternities with posters (I didn't think of it before, durp). Oh we also changed the poster a little bit to include an address, a 2nd Smash Bros. Logo with the actual game title, and entrance fee goes to Hurricane Irene victims (I didn't know exacly what percentage of profits go there so I ball parked it). We should have probably put in cash prices as well... I think that might have helped a lot.

Although I guess the only use of getting student like these in competitive events is increase cash price, diversity, introduction to competitive play and adds fun to the experience. Hell, a few might might up the game competitively other than that yeah....

Hey I'm just wondering is there gonna be any decent sized crt tvs or projectors??

*Back to studying statics, exam tomorrow*

Venue fee goes towards hurricane irene victims. entry fees go to the prize pot. there is one projector and it's massive. pyro's large tv might be it. mini tvs are the staple because they're more portable. :]

see you at the fest!

TOURNY TOMORROW. :D!

edit: good **** chancellor see you there!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
is there anybody in rochester with a car absolutely no plans tonight that would be willing to take me up to buffalo to win a scrubby Play n Trade tourney. When I win since ill be the only good one there, I can pay you gas money back.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Can I go with you and make second? No, I'm kidding.

But I've never heard of those before...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
oh dang, goggles+neil not going to playntrade. Blue peachy bout to make dat money lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ill money match Freera, and Nintendfree. The I-Free's are easy money.

Even easier money if you wanna go Freeglypuff.

Also, you had better bring my Gamecube power cord. I want that shiz back.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
To be honest i don't even think i have your game cube cord, but ill give you like 6 bucks which is probably more than its worth.

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
@Gaia: Make sure you write me down on the list for showing up. Im only going to be doing Brawl singles though.

Also, not being quite sure, but is MK banned? I saw that his Infinite Cape was, but not sure if MK himself is. Tons of people are starting to impliment it, and the last tourney i went to didnt even mention it in the rules because they though ''everyone knew about it''.

Not like i plan on using MK anyways.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If worse comes to worse, I might have some money to give to you for a good ******, Goggles. =)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Well, Utica's best Brawler will definitely be there. c:
Do I know you? I played a Diddy around here that was slightly better than me around two years ago, but I thought he quit/moved. Would that happen to be you? Because I challenge you to the title of best in Utica. :)

Sharky

Smash Master
wow thanks for mentioning that I totally forgot that since I have a car now I need to worry about these things XD

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
No u don't need a parking pass I'll give everyone a pass when they arrive

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
@Pie:

That was possibly me. Where did we play?
Did i second Peach? If so, thats most likely me.

It was probably at the Replay Games tourney if i even played you, and thats not a very good gauge to look by, since we were all on non-calibrated flatscreens.

Glide Tossing gets ruined with lag, ya know?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
@Pie:

That was possibly me. Where did we play?
Did i second Peach? If so, thats most likely me.

It was probably at the Replay Games tourney if i even played you, and thats not a very good gauge to look by, since we were all on non-calibrated flatscreens.

Glide Tossing gets ruined with lag, ya know?
Replay Games tourney? Not familiar with that. It was a super-causal tourney with no venue fee. I played you in friendlies for a little bit, and top 4 got Gamestop gift cards. I don't remember you using Peach, but it was such a long time ago that I could've forgotten with that.

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
@Pie:

Definitely wasnt me. Where in Utica are you?
Ill totally invite you over for some friendlies tonight for some warm up before tomorrow.

And we can have a legit 2 out of 3 for champ of Utica. c:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
@Pie:

Definitely wasnt me. Where in Utica are you?
Ill totally invite you over for some friendlies tonight for some warm up before tomorrow.

And we can have a legit 2 out of 3 for champ of Utica. c:
Well I'm still 17, and my parents aren't comfortable with me going to stranger's houses. You know anyone else that plays brawl in Utica, by any chance? Besides you it's just me and my friend L-Don, but he hasn't been playing recently due to his wii not working and getting into the LoL scene.

Also, I still don't have a teammate. Is it easy to find one last minute at the tourney? I've only teamed with L-Don so I'm not used to hunting for a partner like this. >_<

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
@Pie:

Yeahyeah, parents and stuff.
That means you attend Proctor right?
You mightve heard of me. c:

Theres only one other person who can even remotely beat me, and thats my friend Kishon, who unfortunately wont be making it to this tourney, and hes my doubles partner.

I assume there will be people around who are also looking for a doubles partner who isnt on the forums, might have to get in some practice matches before the tourney and pray for the best.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
@Pie:

Yeahyeah, parents and stuff.
That means you attend Proctor right?
You mightve heard of me. c:

Theres only one other person who can even remotely beat me, and thats my friend Kishon, who unfortunately wont be making it to this tourney, and hes my doubles partner.

I assume there will be people around who are also looking for a doubles partner who isnt on the forums, might have to get in some practice matches before the tourney and pray for the best.
DUDE I MET YOU. I know Kishon, he's an awesome guy. I didn't know you were interested in the competitive scene that much. Welcome to Smashboards. <3

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
@Pie:

Of course id get competitive, you dont play for as long as i have and not get into the scene.

And i guess ill see you again at the tourney tomorrow. c:

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
u guys shuld be here at like 1030 to 11. please be on time. 11:30 is when melee doubles will start. Everyone bring as many set ups as you can. Sign ups are going to start around 1030 or so. Call me if there are any difficulties. 803-603-8324

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
well, just got home after leaving the tourney, it was fun not gonna lie, it was great seeing cura and the others again. kinda tired now after the SAT's in the morning and the tourney so i will probably do shoutouts tomorrow. it was great but I didn't get to fight some of the players I wanted to fight just for the hell of it (goggles,sharky and cura come to mind)I guess I had some bad luck right off the bat in singles but either way I knew I couldn't win cuz I had to leave early. if anything I think it was a good slap to the face, lol but seriously It made me realize I need to keep playing brawl and practice more. that's all I got for now. hope you guys have fun with the rest of the tourney.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Ggs all, 5th place for me again...typical outing. Looks like I'll never be that guy above the "he's pretty good but can't make any money" tier.

Can't believe I lost to Goggles, but what can you do, he played better. The matches were awesome though. But yeah, you win this time KID, we'll have to play again one day when I'm more prepared. Sonic vs. Lucario $20, and if you wanna use Fox there has to be a catch like $5 to your $20 or something. I know it sounds weak but I just don't think I can beat your Fox (or Falco) without practice, unless I get lucky, so there has to be some form of inspiration for me to play. Besides if you're confident you can beat me every time then what does it matter what you put up against me? :p. Or I can just own you in smash wii u when that comes out.

Well it was nice seeing everyone again. I hope it's not the last time. Peace out people.

~JamesFree

Top Bottom