• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AxisGaming - Emeryville, CA - Aug 30, 08 - $2,000 1st place, SINGLES START@11AM

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
welcome to the real world low tier dude.

dsf is snake.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the real world low tier dude.

dsf is snake.
Not news to me, just truthfully dislike the characters.

They do the thing that Old Sagat was soft-banned for. They eliminate character variety. That's probably one of the most applicable reasons to ban infinites. Ness and Lucas would immediately become more popular, and the variety would be increased. Now taking Falco's chain-grab to spike, that might be going too far for now, but you get the point.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Semi- Results:

1st: DSF and Futile are playing right now for it. DSF is up 2-0 in the first set. He has to win two.
3rd: Plank (MK)
4th: SK92 (Falco)
5th: Aero(D3)
5th: TC1(Diddy)

That's all I remember from just watching the feed >_>. ShadowRob got 7th I think. I think Germ also got 7th. Not postitive >_>.

Edit: DSF just won the first set 3-0 vs Futile with MK.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DSF has won 4 in a row now and is about to win the 5th.

Edit: DSF has won 5 in a row vs futile now >_>.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DSF 6-0'ed Futile in the grand finals.

1st: DSF
2nd: Futile
3rd: Plank
4th: Sk92
5th: TC1
5th: Aero

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
cant wait to watch (and by watch i mean not actually watch the entire thing) fly vs plank's most epic thing in the universe match lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
cant wait to watch (and by watch i mean not actually watch the entire thing) fly vs plank's most epic thing in the universe match lol
That match was SOOOO good XD.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What happened in it?

Also, live feed is AMAZING!! If every tournament had that, it'd be soooo sick.
Plank lost to IC's by Time. Fly went under BF with Squall during the last few seconds.

Also, fly beat plank both matches without much chaingrabbing. (For an IC player that is lol)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Good stuff everyone, I had fun playing all my matches. To be completely honest, however, I am really kinda disappointed. I came with full intentions of making my money back in teams with DSF, then anything I made in singles was just extra pocket change. However due to being EXTREMELY unorganized and rude, there weren't even time for teams at all. Realize I'm a tournament director myself so I know that running tournaments has it's hassles, but simply ignoring all input from people who know what they're doing better than the people who are actually running it is unacceptable.

Seeing 25+ non used tv's at a time with a tournament with 300+ people makes me sick to my stomach. Not only were they not being used, but the wii's were actually going into standby. There were so many more efficient ways of running things it hurts my brain to even begin to explain the ways.

I'm really lucky I did as well as I did with the way I was playing, my last match was around 1 AM or so cali time which = about 4 AM EC time. I was absolutely beat for the entity of losers bracket.

I know between my match with unknownforce and my match with fly amanita in winners I had a 4 hour break. Four. Hours. Come on now.

All you have to do is call out matches and tell smashers to find TV's. You don't have to spoon feed everything to them and tell them what TVs to go on, especially when you don't even keep track of them efficiently and 50% of tv's or more are open for the entire tournament.

I had a good time as a whole because i got to meet some really cool new people (shadow rob, danK, futile aka geoff from Thursday and a few others) and got to see some old faces like edrees hugo mango and mike. However the tournament itself lacked a lot and I usually am not one to complain because I've messed some things up myself, but I don't like how all advice or input was simply ignored.

Lastly Ice climbers are gay, energy drinks+excedrin do not help to stay awake and play better, and hylian probably would've gotten 65th at this tournament.

I'll get you next time alex! grrr

Edit:: I came off a bit harsh, I don't mean disrespect to the axis guys, I appreciate them putting the tournament together, I just felt like things would've went much smoother if you listened to the smashers who had been to like 400 tournaments previously.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff everyone, I had fun playing all my matches. To be completely honest, however, I am really kinda disappointed. I came with full intentions of making my money back in teams with DSF, then anything I made in singles was just extra pocket change. However due to being EXTREMELY unorganized and rude, there weren't even time for teams at all. Realize I'm a tournament director myself so I know that running tournaments has it's hassles, but simply ignoring all input from people who know what they're doing better than the people who are actually running it is unacceptable.

Seeing 25+ non used tv's at a time with a tournament with 300+ people makes me sick to my stomach. Not only were they not being used, but the wii's were actually going into standby. There were so many more efficient ways of running things it hurts my brain to even begin to explain the ways.

I'm really lucky I did as well as I did with the way I was playing, my last match was around 1 AM or so cali time which = about 4 AM EC time. I was absolutely beat for the entity of losers bracket.

I know between my match with unknownforce and my match with fly amanita in winners I had a 4 hour break. Four. Hours. Come on now.

All you have to do is call out matches and tell smashers to find TV's. You don't have to spoon feed everything to them and tell them what TVs to go on, especially when you don't even keep track of them efficiently and 50% of tv's or more are open for the entire tournament.

I had a good time as a whole because i got to meet some really cool new people (shadow rob, danK, futile aka geoff from Thursday and a few others) and got to see some old faces like edrees hugo mango and mike. However the tournament itself lacked a lot and I usually am not one to complain because I've messed some things up myself, but I don't like how all advice or input was simply ignored.

Lastly Ice climbers are gay, energy drinks+excedrin do not help to stay awake and play better, and hylian probably would've gotten 65th at this tournament.

I'll get you next time alex! grrr

<3.

I can't believe plank just called something gay :).

Especially after your matches with SK92 :).

Timbers

check me out
The live feed was too good. Made for an entertaining night.

Plank, your gay was amazing. I enjoyed watching that **** so much.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Glenn was awesome.

Plank was soooooo gay but couldn't SK92 just try to Bair stage spike him or something?

clowsui

Smash Legend
Wow there were more than 25 TVs used? Wtf, faaiiiiillll. No wonder it took so long.

Anyways good **** Plank, DSF and Futile...Plank I hoped that you would have won this :/ Weird for MW to be supporting EC since a lot of people think that we're annoying but w/e I wish you'd had more matchup experience vs. ICs, I think you would have won it if you had. No johns tho

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
That live feed was hella fun last night... in AiB chat we had like 15 people all watching and talking about it haha. Btw, plank vrs fly amanita was amazing ^_^

clowsui

Smash Legend
fly blizzarded to punish plank's bad approaches
plank had no matchup experience so basically he was trying to play a defensive offensive game the whole time, warding off with loops, dsmashes and tornados...wasn't playing with a lot of fairs because he knew if he f'ed up he'd get cg'ed
fly basically hit plank hard for not knowing how to play vs. icies; plank kept trying to tornado randomly the two matches but fly played clutch and went for blizzard and uair punishments....fly also hit some grab combos on him to punish for badly spacing dsmashes and ftilts. fly overall was playing very good, playing an effective ICs game
i mean other things happened like plank trying to platform camp on BF the second game....plank lost because he was planking too hard, he lost by percent at the end of the second game
it was obvious that plank might have done better if he knew how to play against ICs, really...watching GERM **** fly was interesting because ff'ers have some bad matchups against ICs :/ i mean wolf has it a bit easier because of all of his multihit moves, high knockback moves and generally excellent approach options...if GERM was able to beat fly then plank should have been able to as well, MK has a lot more options in terms of separation than wolf so yeah. not trying to take away from germ, who played EXCELLENTLY on delfino!

also plank if you read this i'm assuming you have no matchup experience because imo you are a much better player than fly and it looked like you lost because you didn't know how to approach...dazwa and i were commenting on that during your match

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
fly blizzarded to punish plank's bad approaches
plank had no matchup experience so basically he was trying to play a defensive offensive game the whole time, warding off with loops, dsmashes and tornados...wasn't playing with a lot of fairs because he knew if he f'ed up he'd get cg'ed
fly basically hit plank hard for not knowing how to play vs. icies; plank kept trying to tornado randomly the two matches but fly played clutch and went for blizzard and uair punishments....fly also hit some grab combos on him to punish for badly spacing dsmashes and ftilts. fly overall was playing very good, playing an effective ICs game
i mean other things happened like plank trying to platform camp on BF the second game....plank lost because he was planking too hard, he lost by percent at the end of the second game
it was obvious that plank might have done better if he knew how to play against ICs, really...watching GERM **** fly was interesting because ff'ers have some bad matchups against ICs :/ i mean wolf has it a bit easier because of all of his multihit moves, high knockback moves and generally excellent approach options...if GERM was able to beat fly then plank should have been able to as well, MK has a lot more options in terms of separation than wolf so yeah. not trying to take away from germ, who played EXCELLENTLY on delfino!

also plank if you read this i'm assuming you have no matchup experience because imo you are a much better player than fly and it looked like you lost because you didn't know how to approach...dazwa and i were commenting on that during your match
I played 1 match against an ice climber before today, in which i used zelda. That was also a friendly, and a month after brawl came out. So yes, you're right. I didn't even know what was going on, hahahha. Had i have won that match I would've had a shot at futile for winners finals cuz he was on my side and DSF was on the other, but instead I had to play DSF in losers finals even tho he 6-0d futile in grand finals with MK -.-

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
wtf don't drag me into this, i wasn't even online when that match happened

Niko_K

Smash Master
I lost your cell number Plank, but then I found out about this feed so it kind of negated it's purpose for now. Good **** man. It was definitely fun to watch you gay out sk92 like that. Intense matches.

Can't wait for full results...and out of curiosity how did EdreesesPieces do?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I lost your cell number Plank, but then I found out about this feed so it kind of negated it's purpose for now. Good **** man. It was definitely fun to watch you gay out sk92 like that. Intense matches.

Can't wait for full results...and out of curiosity how did EdreesesPieces do?
I'm not sure who beat him in winners, but I took him out in losers for i believe 9th place. He had a very VERY good peach, though, best i've played by far.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That's great to hear. Probably one of the best peach's right now for sure. I expected nothing less from him.

CH4 is going to be tight >.<

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah, i'm not sure if I can even go, rofl. I have to work a lot this week, maybe ill just skip doubles if singles is Sunday.

Also, axisdudes, if the prizes aren't going to be paid in cash next time....that should really be put into the tournament thread. It's very very important information -.-

Top Bottom