• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Average Time Length / Detailed results of tourney sets

mixa

Banned via Warnings
When peeps started arguing about whether the castle of Hyrule was a waste of time, I finally found an excuse to write down the detailed results of tournament sets: Time, stage, characaters, stock, and %, so you could easily look up Apex 2013 > Ruoka > and see how hard he bodied some very good players. Too bad Jousuke is afraid of cameras.

The matches from the following tournaments were analyzed:

Genesis 2 .......... 2011.06 ... West Coast (CA)
Apex ................. 2012.01 ... Northeast (NJ)
Apex ................. 2013.01 ... Northeast (NJ)
RBR #13 ........... 2013.03 ... Northeast (NJ)
Sweet XII ........... 2013.03 ... Midwest (MI)
BHB .................. 2013.03 ... Northeast (NY)
Another Castle ... 2013.05 ... West Coast (WA)
Zenith ................ 2013.06 ... Northeast (NJ)

Except for Apex 2013, which I only did 30 sets, for all the rest I think I got all the vids. Thanks to all the streamers and uploaders out there. I also think you guys should do more video threads.

So here is the average time length:

[collapse=BORING RESULTS]
[/collapse]

Keep in mind that:
1. This isn't that good because there are a lot of videos missing, some really far into the bracket.
2. Some tourneys used a ruleset which stated Dream Land should be the stage for the first game.
3. It seems like YouTube is kinda like the bank: it'll have your money but not all at once. So you might go watch a video and well, it isn't there at that time. (Not that I have the link to the match in the spreadsheet anyway)

Now for the data. I made it all on Excel, you can download them here, or here (google docs) and they all look like this:

note: last PC match has the time wrong because I used the short-lived stream to measure it, will correct it if enough videos of this tournament (smashacre gluttony) come out.

See "How this works" at the end of any page to see how it works.
Grand Finals are always at the bottom left. Data at bottom right.

AWARDS

Naturally, I've seen the ending to all of these games, so I feel qualified talk about endings. And the award for BEST RAGE QUITER goes to... Sensei! This guy got the most amusing rage quits. Everyone gotta step up.

And when people don't rage quit, the winning player will do something to match the 'Game Set!' timing, so the award for BEST ENDING SCREEN goes to... SuPeRbOoMfAn! Such buffoonery! (this player tag)

Not sure how to introduce this one, but the award for LONGEST GAME, counting 9 minutes and 15 seconds, on Dream Land, goes to... Boom and Isai, last game, last set, Grand Finals of Genesis 2. (Puff vs Pika) Not that interesting!

As you can see in the stage distribution, Dream Land and Hyrule dominate the choices of the players, but there is one illuminated guy who every once in a while gentlemans his way into best stage in the game (aka Saffron City), so the award for BEST STAGE COUNTERPICKER goes to... Steve/cmu6eh/Karajan/Carryon/etc!

[collapse=HOW IT'S DONE]
[/collapse]

Ok I'm done.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Good Work, though you are missing the award for best reaction. also, BHB was in NY.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Jerry is a better rage-quitter than sensei, since it usually comes faster and with more rage

The Star King

Smash Hero
What about Battlecow. IDK he ragequits all the time against me (not sure how much rage though cuz it's the internet)

Top Bottom