• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aussie Brawl Might Have No Online?

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16589/532/

This article says that Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 has no online play in Australia, due to the fact Australia is pretty much a huge desert of nothing.

Now normally this wouldn't worry me, but recently my brother and I had a chat and his manager told him the same treatment will occur for Brawl as what happened with Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. His manager apparently talked to someone who works at Nintendo of Australia. This manager has gotten information from this particular rep before which has turned out true before, including the US delay of Brawl. However at the time I didn't believe my brother when he came home and told me this.

Now considering what happened to Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and that this rep has been correct before, I'm very worried this might prove to be true. Once again, Australia will be **** upon.

:ohwell:

SSBB

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... Seems rather... odd? I mean, I beiev you about the manager and all, but haven't other games been able to go online in Oz? Like Mario Strikers Charged and the likes? I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do that as he Sakurai is contsntly boasting about how great Online play is, even over a distance.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
Why would they do this.

If this is true, the little faith i have in nintendo will be GONE.

And I will import a wii just for 1 game.

Why do you make me do this nintendo? :( :mad:

Urge to kill, rising.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Somehow I doubt this. Even in Australia, Nintendo will be tarred and feathered if they do something this stupid. We may have the worst internet in the world, but that's no excuse for such a vital feature to be left out, especially since Australia's Melee community wasn't all that bad if you knew where to look.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Blackshadow69,hey it dose'nt matter i live about 2-3hrs from you we could meet up if we dont get it but i doubt it.....noe dose the pal games,noa produsces them only so if we dont get it europe wont get it either so there is half the world gone down the drain.wtf????stfu noa.

:034:

Smash Hero
Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, Nintendo kicks down you GIRLFRIEND'S door.

Thank you, Nintendo. You guys have to be the biggest idiots since... well, ever!

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
the southern area in vic,what?????? my girlfriends door who cares about the girlfriend part imagean how much it will cost to fix lol.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine this being true. I have a cousin who lives in Melbourne and I wanted to play against him. I will take this as a grain of salt for the moment, because Nintendo will never be forgiven for stomping on Australia. I can see why a third-party game would do that but Nintendo and one of its master creations this decade, unlikely it will leave the Aussies in the dark. Thanks for the information and if this turns out true, which I don't believe actually will happen until its officially announced, then I give my heart to you blokes and hope somehow and someway you manage to import one from an English speaking country. Aussies are video gamers too and it would be tragic on Nintendo's part since Australian sales would definitely suffer.

MrTwoVideoCards

Smash Rookie
Just to clarify this, Medal Of Honor: heroes 3 was gay, it was the gayest game in the series, also, I know Aussies, that live in aus (GO figure) and it is not been confirmed that the aus version will have no Online play. When we hear it from Nintendo then, tell then, all the others can stop estimating.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
medal of honour has a 32 man multiplayer, while brawl has 4 players. nintendo is 1st party, medal of honour people are 3rd. really, the only comparison between the two is that they both are meant to have wifi play

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I find it quite worrying...

... that nobody even tried to verify it per e-mail. I mean, sure, they often send out generic mails, but Nintendo DOES read the mails.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Oh my God. That is ********.

Not that I'm Australian, but it sucks that Nintendo's giving anyone the short stick on features at all, especially in a region that's getting it way later than everyone else!

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
i mean brizil gets it for gods sake......australia still sells well though so it better,or else im flyin to japan and im gonna waltz up to the nintendo offices and im gonna slap Mr iwata slilly.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that's a shame if true.

I doubt it though, because Aus has some 1st party Wii games online, right?

Anyway, due to neanderthal net speeds it'll be a gigantic lag-fest if we do get it.

I guess I'll just have to ride my kangaroo to my friend's house if I want to play.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
i mean brizil gets it for gods sake......australia still sells well though so it better,or else im flyin to japan and im gonna waltz up to the nintendo offices and im gonna slap Mr iwata slilly.
And I'll help.

Seriously though, if we dont get online then thats a declaration of war.

squarez

Smash Apprentice
If that's true im glad I dont live in aus! I hear bad things about those black widows too.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
If that's true im glad I dont live in aus! I hear bad things about those black widows too.
Black widows can be found in the US as well.

Ontopic: I honestly doubt Nintendo would do that to its Australian base. Hasn't Mario Strikers been released down there with online support? Why would Brawl then not follow suit?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
lol @ drop bears.

The nastiest thing in Australia is the cone shell, I'm serious.

Nobody expects to be HARPOONED by a venomous seashell.

But yeah...I'd think that Australians should still be able to play each other without too much lag.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
LOL NINTENDO HAET AUSTRALIA

Seriously though, importing probably is a good decision in this case.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This kinda of evidence falls in the line of 'he said she said' which I don't really count on for real evidence even if it has nothing to do with where I live XD

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
hey,moh:h2 was gonna be online,i don't want to hear nintendo dos'nt run it wi-fi is the service nintendo run it dong hello,gh3 and msc are the only good wi-fi games on wii in aus

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
if not well don_metaknight can come to my place considering he lives in vic.lol yea **** me off again you *******and you can toyou melbournian lol.

Top Bottom