• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Aura Warriors, Discover & Master [READ BEFORE MAKING A THREAD]

First Question: Is this Q & A thread decent?

• Yes.

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • No.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Definitely!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • I guess.

Votes: 14 18.7%

• Total voters

Steam

Smash Hero
wavebouncing is doing a turnaround aerial special in such a way that it also reverses your mometum.

to perform: be in the air, use whatever special (easiest with neutral b), control stick towards your back.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
wavebouncing is doing a turnaround aerial special in such a way that it also reverses your mometum.

to perform: be in the air, use whatever special (easiest with neutral b), control stick towards your back.
I may need a more idiot proof explanation. So I jump, charge Aura Sphear then tap towards my back? As in the opposite direction?

I found an old Brawl video explaining it, it says use the C stick as specials, but the guy I seen do it was on a 3DS.

Also I found out Lucarios up smash charge animation ducks under Robins thunder.

Steam

Smash Hero
yes, though you need to tap towards your back very quickly. It would also help to see the effect if you were moving forward or back in the air while you did it.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Arrrggh... I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I just can't do it. Oh well, I will just keep my eyes out for an updated tutorial. As all I find at the moment are for Brawl.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A lot of strange things count as crouching in this game. Initial part of usmash, end of dsmash, being in the end landing animation of ES, part of dash attack. I want to say part of ftilt as well, but I can't remember for certain.

This game is just weird with hurtboxes.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Arrrggh... I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I just can't do it. Oh well, I will just keep my eyes out for an updated tutorial. As all I find at the moment are for Brawl.
In case you can't WaveBounce, Reverse Aerial Rush to B-Reversed Aura Sphere can take its place, but anyways, always remember that in order to WaveBounce, you have to B-Reverse your Special attack which is easiest with Aura Sphere as Steam has said:

Button Input:
WaveBounce Left = :GCR:(Run right) :GCX:(Jump while holding right) :GCL:(Quickly flick analog left) :GCB:+:GCR:(B-Reverse)

WaveBounce Right = :GCL:(Run left) :GCX:(Jump while holding left) :GCR:(Quickly flick analog right) :GCB:+:GCL:(B-Reverse)
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
When you set your C-stick to Specials, inputting a WaveBounce is easier & convenient, only having to press left or right on the C-stick.

WaveBounce Left = :GCR:(Run right) :GCX:(Jump while holding right) :GCCUL:(Specials diagonally towards the left)

WaveBounce Right = :GCL:(Run left) :GCX:(Jump while holding left) :GCCUR:(Specials diagonally towards the right)

Last edited:

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
In case you can't WaveBounce, Reverse Aerial Rush to B-Reversed Aura Sphere can take its place, but anyways, always remember that in order to WaveBounce, you have to B-Reverse your Special attack which is easiest with Aura Sphere as Steam has said:

Button Input:
WaveBounce Left = :GCR:(Run right) :GCX:(Jump while holding right) :GCL:(Quickly flick analog left) :GCB:+:GCR:(B-Reverse)

WaveBounce Right = :GCL:(Run left) :GCX:(Jump while holding left) :GCR:(Quickly flick analog right) :GCB:+:GCL:(B-Reverse)
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
When you set your C-stick to Specials, inputting a WaveBounce is easier & convenient, only having to press left or right on the C-stick.

WaveBounce Left = :GCR:(Run right) :GCX:(Jump while holding right) :GCCL:(Specials towards the left)

WaveBounce Right = :GCL:(Run left) :GCX:(Jump while holding left) :GCCR:(Specials towards the right)
Aha! I'm doing it now, very inconsistent but I'm doing it! Thank you :)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Aha! I'm doing it now, very inconsistent but I'm doing it! Thank you :)
I forgot to mention that in order to WaveBounce Aura Sphere with the C-stick set to Specials, you flick the C-stick diagonally :GCCUL: or :GCCUR:, & not sideways. Inputting to the left or right would be a WaveBounced Force Palm instead. Anyhow your welcome to the max glad it helped.:shades:

Last edited:

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Any tips or videos against DK?
Sadly haven't played against any DK users, but I could imagine it going along the lines of using force palm and aura sphere for zoning control. Short combos to make sure you don't get stuck in one of your longer animations. The DK matchup should be in lucario's favor over all.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you whiff a Force Palm at punishable range you will get punished really hard vs. DK.

Don't get overly DAir happy because his UAir will be annoying.

His NAir seems better than how it was in Brawl, but he still has trouble approaching when not RARing.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If Fox is not perfect with his spacing and tries to UAir you in a string you may be able to FF DAir right after being hit and you will not stop your FF momentum.

Get Fawks offstage and he's kinda at your mercy. Aura Sphere Charge facing away at the ledge ftw.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245

Button Input:

WaveBounce Left = :GCR:(Run right) :GCX:(Jump while holding right) :GCCUL:(Specials diagonally towards the left)

WaveBounce Right = :GCL:(Run left) :GCX:(Jump while holding left) :GCCUR:(Specials diagonally towards the right)
Try double tapping the in tial direction. I find this is the only way I can perform it consistently

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Guys how is Lucario against Sheik and Diddy? I'm actually using Robin but I'm struggling against those two so I was thinking in using Lucario, Sheik is almost impossible for Robin and Diddy is quite difficult.

Croi

Smash Lord
I'd argue Sheik is even at worst. She relies mostly on offstage pressure and early gimps but it's impossible to gimp Lucario and every forward air is just making us stronger. The challenge is in finding those few good hits.

Diddy, though... have fun.

Steve178

Smash Rookie
a mod told me to ask this in here instead of making a thread about it. anyway:

i really hate this piece of s**t character. i know this guy in real life and have met players in for glory who are just like him.

this guy only mains lucario because he wants to be as cheap as possible (he mained metaknight in brawl), and now in smash 4 he mains Lucario just because all he has to do is stand there and spam Aura Sphere and side B and when anyone ever gets close to him, he always does one of 3 things: dodge roll to safety, grab you (if you roll next to him) or up smash if you try coming at him from the air.

and the only reason this spammy tactic works is because when Lucario gets damaged, the game simply rewards the Lucario for being a bad player giving his attacks more power and range.

what are some good ways to deal with jerks who main and use Lucario in this cheap spammy way?

Croi

Smash Lord
If he only ever does one of three things, and one of them only when you approach from the air, then predict them and react to his reaction accordingly. You don't even need to approach him: you main Yoshi, just chuck some eggs at him. Lucario's only cheap if you let him be.

You could try picking up Fox or Diddy as secondaries against Lucario. Spam lasers right back at him, and I heard Diddy's dthrow to uair works pretty well (unable to confirm atm).

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
a mod told me to ask this in here instead of making a thread about it. anyway:

i really hate this piece of s**t character. i know this guy in real life and have met players in for glory who are just like him.

this guy only mains lucario because he wants to be as cheap as possible (he mained metaknight in brawl), and now in smash 4 he mains Lucario just because all he has to do is stand there and spam Aura Sphere and side B and when anyone ever gets close to him, he always does one of 3 things: dodge roll to safety, grab you (if you roll next to him) or up smash if you try coming at him from the air.

and the only reason this spammy tactic works is because when Lucario gets damaged, the game simply rewards the Lucario for being a bad player giving his attacks more power and range.

what are some good ways to deal with jerks who main and use Lucario in this cheap spammy way?
If he's beating you with only Aura Sphere and Force Palm, then you just aren't as good as you think you are. Coming in here and insulting our character while giving no information on the character(s) you're using makes me not want to help you. So I'll just give generic advice: Walk and shield or learn to perfect shield Lucario's projectiles.

entezio

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me why this character is rated so highly by people? Every single time I play against one online I **** on them, he's like the only character besides shulk that I can easily beat. idk if he has a high skill cap or that the lucario players I've been playing against were all new to him but I've just got a very bad first impression on how good he is

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Can someone tell me why this character is rated so highly by people? Every single time I play against one online I **** on them, he's like the only character besides shulk that I can easily beat. idk if he has a high skill cap or that the lucario players I've been playing against were all new to him but I've just got a very bad first impression on how good he is
Are you going by for glory experience? If you are you should never judge off of that. We can wifi sometime if you want and I can **** on you

entezio

Smash Rookie
Are you going by for glory experience? If you are you should never judge off of that. We can wifi sometime if you want and I can **** on you
I couldn't care less if you can beat me I got the game on ****ing christmas. I want to know why he is rated so highly by people

Last edited:

entezio

Smash Rookie
because he kills scrubs like you in 3 hits or less
Lol did you seriously get butt hurt. Well what ever I went to reddit and asked people there since you seem not to know much about Lucario even though you pretend to be good with him.

Got my answer

Last edited:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
So when Lucario uses ExtremeSpeed and does the correct landing, you can actually turn out around at the end of the ExtremeSpeed just by pushing in the direction you want to face after doing so. So you could ExtremeSpeed southwest, but then face right by the time the animation ends.

Also anyone find any use for Double Team's ability to stall you upon activation? I mean other than asking for Jump Shulk to punish you for randomly DT stalling of course.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Lol did you seriously get butt hurt. Well what ever I went to reddit and asked people there since you seem not to know much about Lucario even though you pretend to be good with him.

Got my answer
Goodbye then, it was ever so pleasant having you on the Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS Lucario Q & A: Aura Warriors, Discover & Master thread. I'm happy I was able to lead you in the right direction for your difficult answer. Please come again if you have any more questions and may the best of luck be with you in your for glory adventures!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Also anyone find any use for Double Team's ability to stall you upon activation? I mean other than asking for Jump Shulk to punish you for randomly DT stalling of course.
Other than for counters I only used double team as an instant NOPE button to screw with people's timing so I'll float above a smash attack/projectile/whatever. Works for a lot of things if you can see it coming but actual stalling never used it like that.

Steve178

Smash Rookie
If he's beating you with only Aura Sphere and Force Palm, then you just aren't as good as you think you are. Coming in here and insulting our character while giving no information on the character(s) you're using makes me not want to help you. So I'll just give generic advice: Walk and shield or learn to perfect shield Lucario's projectiles.
don't you think i've tried that? if i keep shielding him then it just about breaks by the time i get to him and even if i manage to get to him without my shield breaking then he'll just dodge roll away again or use his grab or standard attack on me to push me back.

i use a bunch of characters on him. Yoshi, Olimar, Dedede, Falco, Rosalina, Greninja, Little Mac, and even characters like Falco and Rosalina who can easily reflect the Aura or absorb it, those characters just make him not use the Aura and wait for you to try and approach him with an attack of your own and he'll hit you while you're distracted trying to.

and no, i play against good players regularly including the Top Villager (and possibly overall top smash 4) player in Victoria Australia, and i can hold my own against her.

it's just this one little prick who thinks he's good when the majority of his entire game is made up of dodge rolling away from you.

EDIT: and why wouldn't i insult your character? in Smash bros the aim is generally NOT to take damage so you don't fly off the screen.

with Lucario however you can just be a crappy player and then have the crap beaten out of you but that's ok don't worry. the game will just pick you up and dust you off and give you a lot more power and range to fight back against the meanie who was playing better and beating you up.

Don't take it so personally. my problem is with the mechanic, not Lucario necessarily. he was fine in brawl but no then they had to buff him way too much and make him OP instead

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
Dair does the same thing and is x10,000 safer.

EDIT: and why wouldn't i insult your character? in Smash bros the aim is generally NOT to take damage so you don't fly off the screen.

with Lucario however you can just be a crappy player and then have the crap beaten out of you but that's ok don't worry. the game will just pick you up and dust you off and give you a lot more power and range to fight back against the meanie who was playing better and beating you up.
I'll let you in on a secret: generally speaking, Lucario mains don't actually want to get hit. Lucario can do damage and still get kills (yes, it's true!) even if he's taken less than 30% or even at zero! If you use Lucario and your strategy is to stand still and get beaten up until your Aura is high, you're an idiot.

Now, I know that's not what you're saying. You're trying your damndest to hit the guy and he's just not letting you by smacking you away or by evading himself. You might still be landing a few hits here and there and you might even be getting a few kills. I dunno, you haven't said. But here's the thing: if you're using Falco or Rosalina so you can reflect or absorb his attacks, and he's not attacking and you're still losing, then I just dunno what else to say!

Steve178

Smash Rookie

I'll let you in on a secret: generally speaking, Lucario mains don't actually want to get hit. Lucario can do damage and still get kills (yes, it's true!) even if he's taken less than 30% or even at zero! If you use Lucario and your strategy is to stand still and get beaten up until your Aura is high, you're an idiot.

Now, I know that's not what you're saying. You're trying your damndest to hit the guy and he's just not letting you by smacking you away or by evading himself. You might still be landing a few hits here and there and you might even be getting a few kills. I dunno, you haven't said. But here's the thing: if you're using Falco or Rosalina so you can reflect or absorb his attacks, and he's not attacking and you're still losing, then I just dunno what else to say!
i used to beat this guy all the time in brawl when he was maining his cheap a** metaknight and in this game i can still beat him.

i've beaten him a few times with Yoshi but most of the time i find that i can only beat him by fighting fire with fire and using Lucario against him in the same spammy way he use's Lucario against me. and the most fustrating part about it is, i find i'm putting LESS effort into beating him i fight back against with Lucario myself instead of being Yoshi or some other character.

i can occasionally beat him with Yoshi and such. but i find the main way i can beat him is just by using his own cheap tactics against him with Lucario myself. but i don't want to be that type of player who just constantly spams and dodge rolls, i would rather beat him with skill than with cheap tactics, but this idiot i play with gives me no other choice.

Last edited:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
Can you do both if you want to double up on the stalling?

Anyway to the other guy, while Lucario's got some beast tier rolls, if you're losing because he is only rolling, you should be going for roll punishes and roll reads. You already know that's all he's doing, it's not like Lucario's rolls make him move at Sonic speed. If anything, you can think of this as a good time to learn the basics behind roll punishing. You can start simple with things like running past an obvious back roll to dash attack your opponent as they come out of the roll animation.

If his strategy is as simple as charging sphere, blasting force palms and rolling, you should be able to just shoot him with Falco's blaster to prevent him from charging his spheres on the floor, and he can't really roll in the air. You can time your blasters to catch him as he rolls along the floor too. Falco's hits are actually pretty beefy, and if you land them, you're, at the very least, in a good position at that point. If he starts doing other attacks to get around you, well, that just means that person is adjusting, and may be a better player than you think.

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
Just... spam dair, he stalls on the first kick every time.
Oh, I always felt that after the first d-air, the momentum stall is much lower than the consecutive ones. Though I haven't done d-air spam since Brawl.

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
What are Lucario's best OOS options?
I usually just go for grabs... maybe uptilt? up smash seems too slow

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What are Lucario's best OOS options?
I usually just go for grabs... maybe uptilt? up smash seems too slow
OOS DAir is less than 10 frames at the earliest.

USmash is good if you know when to use it like if someone is stuck in the Aura Sphere charge, but be weary on what circumstances it will not work. Quick moves, out of range, etc.

@ Kami~ Kami~ loves NAir and UAir OOS and he's one of the best Carios on this forum.

If you want to go Trela mode backwards FAir to BReversal Aura Sphere or air attack.

I should experiment with OOS Double Team more...

Top Bottom