• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Can't let me do what.

And that 2% boost might make the difference in setting up kill per cents you know. Just sayin'.
I've never heard of a percent actually making a difference in a match unless your name is Ness....

Backthrow shinanigans, living because of 1%, then you cant bthrow for either 40 percent, or 10 connective attacks.
Remember though, opponents will be more likely to DI out of the second Jab rather than the first one. If you whiff a grab via the second one... You're gonna get punished. That's a much bigger trade-off, no?

What Myth does now, finding AT's and whatnot with lucario, is what I used to do back in 08-09 (he just uses more numbers).
And I will flat out say, its fun to do. Just spend the entire day thinking about possibilities, testing them out, seeing that they don't work and move on.
Then when you do find something, you want to tell everyone in hopes its good.

However, 9.99/10 of the stuff is crap and situational and not needed and yada yada. Who knows if there is one more gimmick out there that could help (case in point, broversal) with the metagame. Doesn't mean you should stop. Sometimes these gimmicks are fun to do, in like friendlies. But that's as far as they go, Gimmicks used in friendlies.

So Myth, keep testing stuff out, cause eventually you might find something worth while.
-t2
Air Walk at least has medium potential to be something that will allow us to punish some things we normally could not. The learning curve for it is kinda high though and some people aren't even taking the effort to even try to learn it :p

Plus it just looks wtf flashy.
So Myth, Phil, and Tedward have earned their PhD. in Aura-ology.

I think we should refer to them as Dr.Prof.*name*
I love you guys <3 even if you think I have a few loose screws in the head. [spoil]No homo.[/spoil]

FWK, you're awesome for discovering stuff too. I did the ledgebounce on Smashville in a game. I was proud of myself and I thought of you (I did bounce 1/3 of the stage though it was pretty wtf).

Oh and Tedward do you have stuff you've tried and dismissed (that goes for anyone else too)? I'd like to just look over it at least to see if we've overlooked something.

Edit: I'm starting to, Steam. Its sooooo flashy and fun, but AHHHHH WTF if you do it by accident (off of the stage).

Steam

Smash Hero
I dunno but I face the same direction and change momentum. Ive used it to punish jugglers, ledge mindgames, and to space AS

The stronger your initial momentum, the better the reverse.

So, say there's a grid on the screen. The gentler the slope of your jump, the quicker and farther the reverse will be. The steeper the jump, the weaker the reverse. Move more x than y.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i know that, but it seems to reduce your momentum, and i am pretty sure i have seen vids where the lucario bounces back at the SAME momentum. so either he is doing it a different way, or i am not timing it right

tedward2000

Smash Champion
lol, I just looked up tedward2000 on youtube, and theres some videos of me playing Chompy via wifi.
I cried at how terrible I was doing with lag. Simply terrible. I'm just saying out loud everything I was doing wrong.
Mostly that it was via my terrible internet connection.

@Myth
The reason I did get on youtube, was to find a video of me doing stuff.
Which oddly the only video that youtube found was me reverse grabbing back in June of 08, calling it "Grab slide" XD
I'll PM you or something, I know I have a list of stuff I've tried that worked, or were gimmicky or de-bunked.

But sadface at those wifi matches.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I find it a little odd that your momentum seems to get cut short in b-reversal when you fair forward before (even full hop, so it isn't the illusion of just having less time, it really does seem to reverse back less), while the momentum you get from a backwards double jump is unusually high at startup.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
i know that, but it seems to reduce your momentum, and i am pretty sure i have seen vids where the lucario bounces back at the SAME momentum. so either he is doing it a different way, or i am not timing it right
It's just a matter of timing. Pressing back on the control stick to do the reverse AS part will obviously interfere with your momentum so you just need to do it fast enough where it doesn't have an effect.

I find it a little odd that your momentum seems to get cut short in b-reversal when you fair forward before (even full hop, so it isn't the illusion of just having less time, it really does seem to reverse back less), while the momentum you get from a backwards double jump is unusually high at startup.
Right now I'm working on an attribute of aerials I call "weight". It's sorta hard to explain, but right now I think it has to do with move frames, damage, and aerial mobility during the attack. Fair seems to be a "heavy" aerial, and the AM + the frames is I think what causes the momentum cut. I'm not very sure right now tho. :/

DJ is just two times the reversible momentum.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It might have to do with the end lag of a move, but who knows, since I've never seen b-reversal applicable from a bair or uair (nair is going to be a near never obviously lol).

Hence why fair's so amazing at momentum canceling.

aka there might be a correlation with hitstun and b-reversal since the properties are similar (there's some form of penalty for using it wrong in both cases). It's a stretch, but that's one of the only things I can come up with in terms of how it makes that work.

Yeah, that was another thing I was thinking. It might be the startup/endlag. Although I had thought Fair was a good momentum canceller because it got you out of helpless quick. We should look into this.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
technically AD gets out of it quick but a lack of being able to input FF quickly means it's not too effective, and yes it does get you out of helpless pretty quick, but the other reason is that good 27 end frame lag.

That's prolly it. ROB can MC with Fair too, and since both Lucario and ROB's attacks come out quick, that was what I initially assumed.

But your hitstun theory might not be too far of a stretch. That big window where you can screw up a b-reverse might have some properties in common with hitstun, especially depending on what you do beforehand. I'm thinking it's more framewise though.

Steam

Smash Hero
When you do a B-roversal you have to input the control stick against your momentum... Plus momentum wears off by itself at neutral... I think that's the cause as stated up there...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
On a more practical note...

Ever notice how people give the term "can operate without a secondary"? I honestly think that's a little loaded, considering sometimes you need a secondary to compensate for "auto-lose" stage picks, hence why I think that there's very, very, very few that can say that for themselves.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Congrats... you are now on your way to having some really crazy **** in your life.

Symptoms may include:

Having a questionable gender.
Risk of fetish development.
Risk of entering early stages of loli.
Being exposed to kita.
Being exposed to uncommon (and unwanted) conversations and events.
Followed by death, where Milln will save your soul.

You'll survive here for about a week.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Congrats... you are now on your way to having some really crazy **** in your life.

Symptoms may include:

Having a questionable gender.
Risk of fetish development.
Risk of entering early stages of loli.
Being exposed to kita.
Being exposed to uncommon (and unwanted) conversations and events.
Followed by death, where Milln will save your soul.

You'll survive here for about a week.
After the symptoms have been told...do u still want to convert Ralph? You can't go back once u become furry. XD

God, I was reading a thread EL made back in '08 where he was whining about how broken Snake was because of grenade stripping.

He said there was Snake, then a huge gap, then MK, then another gap, and then the rest of the cast.

Those were the days.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
LOL at the hate

yea deo those can be pretty dangerous and tricky to pull off, ive only been able to upb into the clingable part of the lip and recover that way only a handful of times

if your having trouble, go to yoshis and frigate. Practice there first before going to final d. That cling spot is obviously not nearly as large and forgiving as the sides on yoshis/frigate

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
that has got to be one of the cutest drawings ive ever seen. no sarcasm.
socha ftw

actually, jab 2 does partial damage, so sometime it doesnt even move the damage meter, and a second jab gives the opponent much more time to DI correctly, jab 1 is safer if you want to get a follow up in, i used to do jab 1 and 2, but people started getting out at teh second jab so i am phasing it out
Jab2 has more real hitstun and much more overall frame advantage.
Etna is hot.

Broversals are cool.
She's also severely underaged and her breasts are either tiny or nonexistant, which is evidence of her not being a suitable mate at this point in time according to biology.
lol.

u try some of ledge tricks here. i'm still struggling with the 1st b/c i must DIing it wrong. I'll get it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfdIivBL7zk&feature=PlayList&p=26287917AE9EEDE9&playnext_from=PL&index=24&playnext=2
I used to be able to do that. Took me like a half day to get down when Jeeps posted it, then I forgot it and never looked back at it. <<

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
It feels awesome when you manage to cling when your opponent expects you to die by edge guard and you end up killing them right then and there.

Their expressions are priceless for the most part.

*clings to KO* "Wait what? No, **** n- aargh **** it!"

She's also severely underaged and her breasts are either tiny or nonexistant, which is evidence of her not being a suitable mate at this point in time according to biology.
What are you talking about, she's over 1,400 years old. >.>

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dude i do aim there but sometimes lucys head is just so massive it klonks onto the wall and he just dies

ggs

Top Bottom