• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura-Aura, The Rising Star, For Sm4sh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naper84

Smash Rookie

AURA-AURA, The Rising Star!
I have to imagine most people haven't heard of this character, so I'll give a little background. Aura-Aura was the title character of a fun little DSiWare game back in 2010. In it, he was a star that haas fallen from the sky, and he had to climb small planets, using his light beam arm ability, bombs, and other power ups, to get back to his place in the heavens. Now, I'm not delusional about seeing this guy as a playable character in Smash Bros. His moveset would be far too limited, and he's not nearly well known enough to justify inclusion to that extent. However, I think he could work well as an assist trophy.

As an assist trophy, Aura-Aura could hop/hover across the stage, using his light arm to occasionally grab and throw opposing players short distances and cause small amounts of damage. Alternatively, he could use bombs to create an area of effect knockback/damage bubble, but I think the former of these suggestions makes more sense for the character. He could make his unique jumping sound when hopping from place to place in the air above the stage, and the length of his reach could depend on the damage percentage/remaining stamina of the player who summoned him.

If he couldn't make the cut as an assist trophy, it would be neat in he could be a regular trophy. He's got a unique enough story and design that he could be a neat curiosity in a big trophy collection.

Right now, Aura-Aura is my most wanted character in Smash (it used to be Mega Man, but that was a long time ago.) Aura-Aura Climber is a fun and engaging $2.00 hidden gem for the DS, and I think the best bang-for-your-buck game purchase I've ever made deserves at least a small nod of recognition. Thanks for your support, and if you haven't, go try Aura-Aura Climber! It's a great game, and I think you'll quickly see this character's potential.

(P.S. I'm secretly hoping that someone from Nintendo will stumble upon this and get the idea to make a sequel for the eShop. I've gotta show that someone cares about this character and game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom